Pages

Monday, January 21, 2019

#Arrow 7.10 - “My Name is Emiko Queen” live blog - Midseason return

“My Name is Emiko Queen”

OLIVER RETURNS TO HIS REGULAR LIFE IN STAR CITY — Oliver (Stephen Amell) is ready to get back to work with the SCPD and to focus on his marriage with Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards). However, when Dinah (Juliana Harkavy) tasks Oliver with tracking the new Green Arrow (Sea Shimooka) things take a surprising turn. Meanwhile, Diggle (David Ramsey) and Lyla (guest star Audrey Marie Anderson) must answer to ARGUS about Diaz (Kirk Acevedo). Andi Armaganian directed the episode written by Benjamin Raab & Deric A. Hughes (#710). Original airdate 1/21/2019.

Episode 10:

Man runs from New Arrow on a rainy night. She hangs him upside down. 

Emiko's lair. The world is not a fair place. Innocent die and the guilty go free. The people that are supposed to protect us are failing us. No one is willing to stop the criminals. Everyone deserves justice and someone looking out for them. She's crossing names off a list. Training. Researching. All very OG Hood.

News talks about Oliver being a deputized member of the police force. Emiko is at a bar. Pays a man for info. William Glenmorgan. No one has seen his face. He's hired through the black market. Rumor says he's in town. He gives her a key for the Talis server room. 

Talis Global Security. Guards drugged out. New Arrow inside. She uses the pass. Searching through the server room. Plugs in. Guards wake up already. She gets her data. But they shoot at her. She flees out a window. 

Rene at the dumpster. Emiko asks for help. She took a bullet to the shoulder.

Oliver and Dinah at the crime scene. Blood on the window. The CSI scolds him to not touch it. Oliver offers his resources. Dinah hands over the shard for analysis.

Emiko patched up. Rene says it's going to be sore. He stitched her up. She thanks him. He asks what happened. How about your name? She doesn't want to make new friends. He says you came to me. He says stubbornness comes with the suit. Let me help you. You can't save the city alone. She says I'm not Oliver Queen.

Zoe dressed up. Chief of Staff for Rene, the mayor. Glades City Hall. Rene introduced. He grew his hair out since the present. The Glades has never been stronger, but the fight isn't over. If I'm reelected, I'll make sure the Glades remain the greatest place on Earth.

Lyla visits Diaz. He says this is a lot more comfortable than Slabside. She asks about the terrorist Dante. He says I don't know anything. She says then why did he pay your debt to the Longbow Hunters? Keep stalling, and you'll see how uncomfortable we can be. Or we can send you back to Slabside. Diaz says screw you. I want my lawyer. She says no one knows you're here and no one ever will. You belong to ARGUS, so I suggest you cooperate.

Oliver has to have his DNA tested to enter their home now. He gives her the blood evidence. She wonders if it's Roy? He says we're not even on the same continent as Roy. She puts it in the system. Match found. It's a woman. Hey......can you sit down? Why? Because, um, it's not Thea. The DNA match is on your father's side. New Arrow is your sister.

Emiko preps her next mission. 

Rene saves her from getting shot in the back. She yells at him because her target got away. He argues that Talis is no joke! They recruit Navy Seals, mercs, assassins. You shouldn't be doing this alone! She says stay out of her business or she'll put an arrow in him. 

As far as the govt is concerned, your sister doesn't exist. Are you okay? Oliver has come to terms with the fact his father kept things. If she wanted to reach out to me, she would've. I don't feel comfortable barging into her life without more answers. Felicity says your father loved a paper trail. A storage unit that's still paid for. Oliver says we need that stuff immediately. It's registered to Moira. 

Emiko tracked men to a mansion. With beautiful landscaping. 

John visits Diaz. Diaz isn't impressed. John says you'll tell us exactly what we need to know. I'm not here to play any games with you. I'm here to offer you a deal. Lyla watching outside. Dep. Director visits. You have Ricardo Diaz. John says you give us Dante, you go free. those are the terms. Deputy asks for a word with John. John tells Diaz to think about it and leaves the room. 

Director asks what is going on here? John says we're reinstating the Ghost Initiative. Diaz is our first recruit. Lyla asks if he's questioning her decision. He says of course not. I'm sure the Pentagon will be very excited to hear about this. She tells John nice work, agent. 

Rene and Zoe. Green arrow with an address. Zoe says she'll be fine. Go. 

Future Zoe and Rene. She missed 3 days of work. I'm better now. She needs to talk to him about an attack on Star City. He says tell me you haven't been talking to Dinah. She asks him to use the security system to help Star City. He says no, you're out of your mind. When the Glades needed help, no one came to our rescue. She says thousands could die. How could you turn your back on that? Archer program fell into the wrong hands once and we barely recovered. She says I'm the wrong hands? She says you used to be a hero. What happened to you?

Rene at the address. Emiko in plain clothes. She wants to know why he wants to help her. He says your mission is personal. So is mine. The team channeled my anger into a fight for a better life. I want to pay that forward. She says that can't be all. He says ever since Oliver went to prison, I'm alone. My friends moved on. Found other ways to be heroes. I've been helping you. You can trust me. She says follow me.

Boxes at the apartment. Oliver is impatient. She finds a child drawing he did. Oliver finds a letter to Walter Steele from Robert. Where is Walter by the way? Robert asked Walter to take care of Emiko and her mother if he died. Kazumi Hidachi. I loved her. We had a daughter and I abandoned them. I'm not proud of what I did and I'm trying to make it right. Please, take care of Emiko.

**So, is this another of Moira's sins? Hiding all this? When Robert died, she would be in charge of his estate, so she'd inherit the contents of the storage unit and the account would be her responsibility to pay for or close. 

Oliver is not okay. Doesn't know what to think. Emiko and her mother were supposed to be taken care of. Clearly didn't happen. Felicity says you must have so many questions. Oliver says this answers most of them. A woman and child he wanted protected. How could he abandon them in the first place? She says I don't think Moira gave him a choice. Oliver has worked so hard to redeem his family name. But abandoning this woman and little girl? It's unforgivable. 

Rene is impressed by Emiko's work. She says people can't let you down if you don't let them in. She opens a chest. There's a gift from Robert. A quilt he gave her mother the last time he saw her. They played with it. Dreamed he'd be there for him. Last year there was a fire in the apartment and the fire dept was nowhere to be found. No survivors. She was dead before the fire started. A very specific bullet to the head. Rene asks why? She doesn't know. Rene says your mission is about revenge. She says it' justice. William Glenmorgan is my last stop. Rene says let's get that SOB.

Future. Rene leaves City Hall. Dinah appears. She wants into Archer. Zoe isn't a kid anymore. She shows him the hologram. He says Felicity is a criminal. They blow stuff up. Dinah says she was murdered. He says Star City isn't my problem. She says your daughter used to idolize you. He says as mayor, at least I'm getting things done. Dinah reminds him of the tattoo promise. All of us. We owe her this. Rene says the next time you come back here, I'll have you arrested. Stay the hell away from my daughter. She says I'm not leaving without those codes. Last time we fought didn't end so well for you.

Lyla chews John out for making this call above his pay grade. She shut down the Ghost Initiative and swore to never reopen it. But now he's forced her hand. Like he's Amanda Waller.

Curtis appears at Rene's. He meets Emiko. Rene says we need a guy in the chair. She says fine. Suit up. Curtis is happy to be on a team again.

At the mansion after dark. Curtis says you guys need backup. She says disable the alarms. He takes out everything. But it's up to you to deal with that armory and terminate yourselves. Rene wouldn't have it any other way. They invade the compound. Teamwork makes the dream work. Rene takes care of the goons while Emiko goes after Glenmorgan. They fight. Rene shooting guys outside. She keeps fighting with Glenmorgan. Shoots him with one arrow. Then asks why he killed her mother. He says I didn't. Guns aren't my thing. Someone set me up. He was away for 2 years. He just got back into the country last month. I swear. It wasn't me. She knocks him out. Rene enters. She says Glenmorgan didn't kill my mother. I failed my mission. I failed my mother. 

**Doubtful it's Queen related since it was only a year ago. Robert and Moira have been dead for years. What did Emiko's mom do for a job? Or what did she witness that she shouldn't have? And who frames an assassin that's that ambiguous and hard to reach?

Emiko at home. Throws the book. She tells Rene to go home. He says I'm sorry things didn't go the way you hoped last night. She checked Glenmorgan's alibi and it's solid. Now she's at square one. He confirms that she's not alone in this. How about a partner? She asks about his daughter? he says it was her idea.

Archer access codes as promised. Zoe puts them in the system. Dinah says she forced Rene to give them up. Your dad may have lost his way, but I still believe he's good. Don't give up on him, yet. They're in. Access to Archer's entire interface. It's find those bombs.

Rene and a man. He tells her one of the Canaries has our plans. My mission never was for wiping out Star City. She also said Felicity Smoak was murdered. He says she was a liability. Had to be dealt with. Is that a problem? Rene says of course not. He says good. Hate to think you'd get cold feet, Mr. Mayor. 

Felicity asks Oliver if he's okay again. He didn't expect the news about Robert. He ruined Emiko's life. She says you don't have to. What's holding you back? He thinks he'll make it worst. She says you became the Green Arrow to right your parents' wrongs. Don't make the mistakes your father did. Reach out to your sister. Make things right.

Diaz getting the bomb in the back of his head. Lyla says do it. Tracking is activated and the bomb is armed. Lyla says the second you step out of line, boom. Diaz says if it doesn't, I'm coming for you. 

Emiko training. Kali stick on a dummy. Stares at her murder board again. Revenge corrupts the soul. She suits up. If you go down that path, you never come back. But sometimes, embracing the darkness is the only way to get justice. My name is Emiko Queen. I will get justice for my mother and no one will stand in my way.

She visits the grave again and Oliver says Hello, Emiko.

Next ep - he's trying to make this right. Just give me a chance. You're my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment