Pages

Friday, April 26, 2019

#Supernatural 14.20 - "Moriah" live blog #supernaturalfinale #spnfinale #SPNFamily

"Moriah"

ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON A SHOCKING SEASON FINALE - Sam (Jared Padalecki), Dean (Jensen Ackles), and Castiel (Misha Collins) are thrown into an epic battle. Meanwhile, Jack (Alexander Calvert) becomes disenchanted with all the lies, and an old friend from the past shows up. Phil Sgriccia directed the episode written by Andrew Dabb (#1420). Original airdate 4/25/2019.



Image credit: The CW

Moriah means "the Lord is my teacher" in Hebrew.

Episode 20 - season finale:

The Road So Far. 

Jack out of the Ma'lek box. Sirens in the bunker. Stuff on fire. Jack says you lied to me! Liars! Power throws them back. Crashing into shelves. Jack flies away. 

Lights come back on. Cas doesn't understand how Jack got out. Dean says the kid leveled up. They wonder how they'll find him. Cas says you should've never tried to lock him away. Dean says we'll find a way to kill Jack. He's just another monster. You don't mean that. The Hell I don't. Cas leaves. Dean wants to call Rowena for a soul bomb. Sam says okay. Dean knows this isn't easy. He was family. But this isn't Jack anymore. We have to do the hard thing. The ugly thing. It's not the first time, thought, right?

City. Daylight. Jack hearing conversations as he walks. Why does everyone...... Stop lying!

Sam on the phone with Rowena. Try, okay? She thinks it's dangerous and insane, but she's in. Sam gets out of the car. Dean and Sam enter Mirror Universe. Sam calls Dean a nerd. You watch Jeopardy every night. Mirror Universe builds facial recognition software. We need to track Jack's face. Dean says Hi, I'm Dean Winchester and I'm looking for the Devil's son. This badge is fake. Excuse me. Dean asks Sam who his favorite singer is. Celine Dion. We can't lie! And no one else can. Coworkers start yelling and attacking each other. 

News announces that the president made a demon deal with someone named Crowley. Sam thinks this is.... Jack. We have to find him. Dean says like right now. 

Cas needs to go to Hell. Literally. I understand you can take me. Demon woman at the door. Cas needs to see the Cage and study it. She says no. Chuck appears! You guys are screwed. 

Jack visits his grandparents. 

God. Eh. Chuck. Is it really....how are you here? You called me. When Cas prayed. Chuck says yeah, and him. Jack. He's a problem. 

Jack says we talked and I liked that talk and I thought maybe we could talk again. Maybe about your daughter. She says no. He doesn't understand. She says you lied to us. We made some calls and no one knows who you are. Kelly's not away on some secret mission. She.... I think she's dead! What did you do to my daughter! What did you do! Jack says stop! With his eyes glowing.

Dean reading a blog. I'll stop talking. The employees outside are still going amok. Chuck and Cas arrive. Lying is good. Keeps the peace. Cas thinks that's an odd stance. Chuck says I'm a writer. Lying is what we do. They come into the office with Sam and Dean.

Jack hurries from his grandparents' house, leaving the front door open. Oh dear.

Dean busts Chuck's guitar and yells at him to answer the damn question. He teleports them to the bunker. How's things? Okay, I get it, you have questions. Go. Sam asks where have you been? Chuck says everywhere and nowhere. What about Amara? She's been with me. Where is she now? Reno. She loves keno. He's here because of Jack. I'm hands off. But when things get really bad, that's when I have to step in. Kid said stop lying and the world went insane. Chuck cycles through radio reports. See? Cas asks can you fix it? Fine. Snap. Fixed. Really? I'm God, Sam. Really. Try it out. Dean can lie. Rioting? Like it never happened. 

You're welcome. The kid did that with two words. What's next? He sneezes and there goes India? Sam asks if God can stop Jack? Not really. But you can. With that. A gun is now on the map table. 

Cas asks what is that? Chuck says the equalizer. Or the Hammarabi. No? That's cool. Dean says that thing can kill Jack? Chuck says he just made it. Hasn't been fired, yet. It doesn't use bullets. Existence is about balance. This sends a wave of energy from the shooter to whomever you're shooting that. What? Whatever happens to them happens to you. So, you kill them... You die. Cas doesn't want to kill Jack. You can fix him, you can restore his soul. Chuck says not so much. Would you really want to? After what he did? Cas says then we bind him in the Cage. Dean agrees with Chuck. Cas says Billy said the only way to defeat Michael was you in the box and.... Dean says get on board or walk away. 

Jack haunted by the argument with his grandmother. 

Sam comes to Dean. Dean's drinking. Have a seat. What's going on? Dean says you know what I'm going to say. You're going to pull the trigger. We don't have a choice, Sam. Sam says of course we do. Isn't that the point of what we do? Dean says he killed our mom. Sam says I'm mad, too. But he doesn't have a soul! I brought him back because he's family He burned his soul off to save us! You and me. Now you want me to be cool with losing him and you all at once? I won't say that. No. I've already lost too much. He walks out. 

Cas drives to a cemetery. Hits the hood. Jack appears. I've been looking for you. Cas hugs him. 

Chuck looking at the archangel knife. Where'd you get it? Another world. Oh. Right. Sam asks how many other worlds or universes or realities. Chuck says I lost count. Most are boring. Sam says Michael said you create these worlds and toss them away. Chuck says you and your brother are my favorite. You're so interesting. 

Jack explains things to Cas. I went to the Klines. My grandmother said I killed my mom. I did by being born. I used to hate myself for it but I don't feel that way anymore. I don't feel anything. Cas asks what did you do? 

Jack said stop. Just. Stop. She asks what are you? Jack leaves the house. 

I ran. Cas pats his shoulder. 

Sam asks when you're not here, are you watching us? Chuck says you're my favorite show. Sam asks why don't you do something? Chuck says that's not how it works. Sam asks why is it always on us? Chuck says you're my guys. But right now, we have to focus on Jack. Sam says you're scared of him. Chuck says aren't you? Sam asks Do you know where he is? Chuck says I do. What are you waiting for? Oh, nothing. Dean's already gone. 

Jack explains to Cas that I've tried to do the right thing, but it never goes right. I tried to be good. But now I'm just empty. Like this, I know you're here because you love me. I want to love you back. But I can't. Cas says not yet. We need to fix you. We need to go somewhere safe where no one can find us. Dean shows up.

**Exactly. Jack wouldn't look so distraught if he didn't want to be good. He doesn't have the depth of feeling he did with a full soul, but he's not heartless. He's not evil. Some part of him still hurts to be going through this.

Cas stands. Dean walks to them. Step aside. Step aside! Cas tells Jack to run. Jack will not. I won't run anymore. He tosses Cas out of the way. Faces Dean. You're not going to lock me up again, are you? No. Jack gets on his knees. Dean is surprised. Then walks closer to him with the gun. Raises it, aiming at Jack's face. Sam arrives. Runs to them. Yelling at Dean. Jack tells Dean he understands. I know what I've done. Dean tells Sam to stay back. Jack says you were right, all alone. I am a monster. Sam tells Chuck to do something! Wait, you're enjoying this. Dean cocks the hammer. Prepared to fire. Finger on the trigger. But he can't look at Jack's face and shoot. Cas comes back. Dean tosses the gun. Chuck says no, pick it up! Pick it up. This isn't how the story ends. This is Abraham and Isaac. This is epic. Sam says he's been playing us. The whole time. You wrote it all, right? Because we're you're favorite show? Chuck tells Dean to pick up the gun. Pull the trigger. And I'll bring her back, your mom. Dean says no. No. My mom is my hero. I miss her and I'll miss her every second of my life, but she wouldn't want this. You don't care. Why the games, Chuck? Why don't you snap your fingers and end it? Sam says you sit back and watch us suffer so we can do this over and over again? Losing people we love? When does it end? Tell me! Dean says this isn't a story. It's our lives. God or no God, you go to Hell. Chuck says have it your way. He starts killing Jack. Tosses Dean. Jack's power is leaving slowly, painfully. Sam raises the gun. Hey, Chuck! And shoots.

Bullet hits Sam. Chuck says that's the way you want it? Story's over. Welcome to the end. World goes dark. Dean gets up and asks Sam if he's okay. Yeah, I'm good. Sam gets up. Cas says he's a writer. Writers lie. Jack's wing imprint under his body. His eyes burned out. 

Motorhead plays. Jack wakes up in The Empty. It approaches him. Jack asks what's happening? Billy says we should talk. 

The world shakes. Cas and Dean and Sam see souls flying out of Hell. 

The Woman in White on the road! 
Birthday party. Doorbell. Gacy's clown ghost. 
Bloody Mary.

Zombies erupt around the boys. All the dead in the graveyard. "God is Never On Your Side" playing. Dean grabs iron from an old fence. Passes one to Sam. Zombies close in. And attack. "Never on your side......"

See you next season.



No comments:

Post a Comment