Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2019

#Legacies 2.1 - "I'll Never Give Up Hope" live blog

"I'll Never Give Up Hope"

A SUMMER WITHOUT HOPE - After discovering that there may be a way out of Malivore, Hope (Danielle Rose Russell) becomes more determined than ever to find her way back to Mystic Falls. Alaric (Matthew Davis), who is still reeling after being voted out as headmaster by the honor council, continues looking into the mysterious night Malivore was destroyed. Elsewhere, as the students leave for summer vacation, Landon (Aria Shahghasemi) stays behind to keep an eye on Rafael (Peyton Alex Smith), while MG (Quincy Fouse) heads to Atlanta to spend time with Kaleb's (guest star Chris Lee) family. Finally, while Lizzie (Jenny Boyd) spends the summer in Europe with Caroline, Josie (Kaylee Bryant) searches for answers about the mysterious ascendant that Alaric was keeping from them. Julie Plec directed the episode written by Brett Matthews & Julie Plec (#201). Original airdate 10/10/2019.




Image credit: The CW

Episode 1:

June at school. Kids leave for summer break. Summer is time to set out on new adventures. Except for those who have nowhere to go. Landon is narrating. Why do I feel like nothing's changed? The most important part of my life is missing. Being immortal is being alone and being alone is hopeless.

School. The Ascendant. We made it with Aunt Bonnie when we were 5. Josie and Lizzie talking through magic. Lizzie with her mother. She wants a hot Swedish guy. Ric is out as Headmaster. Josie says Landon is keeping to himself. She doesn't want to leave Dad alone. With his alarming mustache growth.

Ric has a beard. He's at the gate. It's me, Dorian. Dorian lets him in. Caroline is narrowing down the search for the new headmaster. Ric researching the Malivore pit. He says he overreacted to the vote. How did 3 to 1 happen? I assumed I could count on your vote. Dorian says I hope you find what you're looking for. Raf is still a wolf. Landon feeds him meat. Ric leaves again.

Kaleb and MG having a BBQ. Kaleb says you're about to have the best summer of your life. MG misses his family. Kaleb says I'm your family now. You have to practice for the Cook-off that happens on this rooftop every 4th of July. We have to beat my uncle. Best summer of our lives. They drink animal blood.

Raf coming for food. Landon tosses the meat to him. I'll find a way to get you back. I'll never give up hope.

Hope in Malivore. Hello? All darkness. She spells a light ball. Then a portal. It's sucking her in. Her arm is grabbed and she ends up in the arms of Clarke. Fancy meeting you here.

**So. Many. Hope. Puns.

**So, Kaleb knew farm life. Eating Gertrude, the circle of life. Lizzie seems happier. Josie has trimmed her hair a bit.

Hope asks Clarke what he's doing here? I'm supposed to be at peace. He says do the math. She says we're in Hell. He says no such thing. I think. Take your best guess. She doesn't want to hear she failed. Clarke bringing up all the truth she doesn't want to hear. He says I can help you. I spent years inside this place. You cannonballing in here has changed things. Stop being a dick and I'll elaborate. Your presence here has opened the cell doors. Maybe there's a way to escape. What do you say.....partners? She says pass. He says you're such a child! no wonder you failed. They bicker. She does the mimic spell. This is the last conversation we'll ever have. Make peace with that.

Landon moved rooms last month. Ours was getting painted. Raf the wolf coming to a movie night. Happy 4th of July, buddy.

Independence Day festival in Mystic Falls. Ric wonders who we forgot? Josie wants to talk about the Ascendant. The Merge. He's avoiding it. They meet up with Landon. Ric doesn't have answers for her. She says you flinch every time I bring it up. Landon wants to go back to campus and not leave Raf alone during the fireworks. Josie goes with him.

MG BBQing. Talking to the meat. A girl comes over. Asks his name. Milton. Your daddy hate you or something? He says my friends call me MG. She says nice to meet you, Milton. It's time to flip Daisy. You can tell by the smoke.

Landon at the lake. He drops in holding a cinder block. Killing himself. Flashes of Hope. Facial details and her necklace.

Clarke looking for Hope. The black hole shows up again. Sucking on them. He weighs her down. You're welcome. She says oh crap. Dragon! Run!

Landon put the water on fire when he Phoenixed. He climbs out. Josie on the dock. Fireworks visible over the trees.

**Ric's age has never been mentioned, has it? But he probably has to be closer to 50 than not now. With the girls being 16.

**TVD convention in Burbank coming up. Creation Entertainment puts it on.

Landon tells Josie it's not a big deal. I can't be harmed. She's chewing him out. He knows she's avoiding her own problems. She asks what are they supposed to do? He's at a loss. She says maybe we should start living a little.

Kaleb's party. The cook-off tasting and voting. MG tells him to relax. It's just barbecue. Kaleb says don't ever say that again. His uncle comes over. Tells Kaleb his meat is a solid second place. Kaleb thinks they'll win. MG says I may have found someone. Orange top. She votes for them. Kaleb tells MG he's told him about Kim. Your sister? the one away building houses for homeless people? Kaleb tells him to have all the summer fun he wants, just not with her.

Landon and Josie spend the summer together. Flirting and playing and eating and making music.

August. Lizzie is not impressed. Josie says we're just friends. Lizzie says you're a montage. Josie says it's fun. Lizzie tells her to come to her and Mom. They're going to Rome for the weekend.

Hope and Clarke. How long have we been here? She hears the gargoyle. Clarke says I'm not a villain. I'm just a kid afraid of his father. She makes a magic butterfly. It's a comfort spell. He thanks her. The vortex again. There's something new here. 

**So, obviously, every time the hole opens, it releases another monster into their part of the nothing. Interesting that Malivore was originally a system of isolation. Each creature in darkness alone. Unless Malivore himself came to them.

**Caroline's spending a lot of time lingering in Europe.

Monsters around Hope and Clarke. They finally go. He says guess we're partners after all. She tells him he's keeping things from her and she wants to know why. She cast a truth spell.

Landon looking for Raf. He's not shown up for 3 days. She'll do a locator spell. They hug.

Hope has been trying to figure out the vortex. It always shows up after she does magic. She wasn't a fully activated tribrid in the pit. Malivore doesn't want me here. I'm toxic to him. He's trying to expel her. Clarke tries to go with her, but he's not allowed to go. She says all we have to do is wait. That's my ride. I have to get back to Landon. Clarke says help me go back too and you'll never see me again. Promise. She can't take that risk even though he's not lying. He understands and would do the same. She tells him good luck, Clarke. He says screw you, Hope! She's sucked away.

**Sometimes a character is an antagonist but not a villain.

Josie doing the spell. Landon thanks her. She says it's child's play. Give it a second. He says we wasn't trying to hurt himself, to self-destruct. When I go under, I see images. Memories, maybe. When I die, I get a glimpse of it. Josie says no answer is more important than your phoenix quota. He asks if she's happy. He thought he was getting happy. Ish. She was, too. But she wants to know she and Lizzie will survive the Merge. He says I think your dad is lying about the Ascendant. I just know.

The bar. Ric working on his problem. Josie comes in and calls Ric a liar. Confronts him. Lady cop tells the bartender to let him talk to his daughter.

Ric told Josie about the prison and Kai. She tells Lizzie about all she learned. Tells Lizzie to enjoy the summer. Lizzie says I'm with a shrink or a doctor or a healer all the time. I'm doing everything to get really better. Make the most of the rest of this summer, okay? Promise.

Dorian at the gate. Hope is back. He asks how she knows his name? She says your parking pass. He asks what brings her out tonight? She says a boy. He says everyone's gone for the summer. He drives away. She uses the code to get in the gate and return to school.

Landon and Josie. The map worked. Raf isn't missing. He just doesn't want to be here anymore. The longer he's a wolf, the less human he'll be. Josie says maybe he moved on because he saw you have someone who makes you feel happy-ish. They kiss. And kiss again. Hope watches and is devastated. She cries.

Hope has stuff at the bus stop. Waiting. Daydreams Landon. He says no way I'd pretend to forget Hope Mikaelson. She has the crystal again. Happy to see him. The hologram. What's on your mind? She missed his eyes. He says they're pretty dreamy. LOL. He says don't leave town without telling me you're back from the dead. I love you and you love me. Leaving town is a stupid move and you know it. She says what's happening between you and Josie? She says it's not your fault. You don't know I exist. He says think about how much it'd hurt me to know you're just down the road. She says answer correctly and I'll go back to you. He says quit playing games. She asks if he's happy. If everyone's happier now? Could you leave me or a minute. I don't want to cry in front of you even if you're fake.

MG and Kaleb. Kaleb tells him to speak the truth. MG brings up the girl. Kaleb wants his family tree to have branches. He'll make it up to MG. Get him Lizzie Saltzman. Summer's over. Best semester ever. LOL. Okay? Let's finish packing. And make room for this. A trophy.

Bus coming. And flips! Skids to a stop. A BIG monster is coming at Hope. Oh Crap.

Clarke asks his father what do you want from me? You made me! Please give me one final chance to serve you! Send me back!

Mystic Falls. A woman in the cemetery.

Clarke promises to be the bad guy. I'll make you proud. I'll do this. I will destroy Hope Mikaelson, the only thing on the planet that can destroy you.

The woman makes a fire sigil in the graveyard.

Next ep - Hope doesn't know what to do next. Except find Ric as the principal at Mystic Falls High.

No comments:

Post a Comment