Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2019

#Legacies 2.2 - “This Year Will Be Different” live blog #AlexisDenisof #vampires

“This Year Will Be Different”

ALEXIS DENISOF GUEST STARS AS THE NEW HEADMASTER — Determined to move forward with her new life alone, Hope’s (Danielle Rose Russell) latest hunt leads her on a collision course with the past she’s been desperately trying to leave behind. Meanwhile, on their first day back in school, Landon’s (Aria Shahghasemi) newfound status as the popular guy leads to tensions with Josie (Kaylee Bryant). Elsewhere, as MG (Quincy Fouse) contemplates telling Lizzie (Jenny Boyd) how he feels about her, the arrival of a mysterious vampire puts a wrench into his plan. Finally, as Alaric (Matthew Davis) gets settled into his new role at Mystic Falls High School, the students of the Salvatore School meet their new headmaster, Professor Vardemus (guest star Alexis Denisof). Jeff Hunt directed the episode written by Thomas Brandon (#202). Original airdate 10/17/2019.









Image credit: The CW

Episode 2:

Hope in the woods. Purple mark on a tree. She tracks to Mystic Falls High School. Enters. Following the purple blood. Opens a janitor closet. Boy finds her. Ric comes in the hall. I'm Principal Saltzman. Who are you?

Josie in a robe. Lizzie doing yoga. We agreed we'd stop worrying about that future merge crap. It's Lizzie's semester of yes. I'm available for everything.

New headmaster arrives. Looks around the office. This simply won't do. He redecorates with magic. Illusion spell. Dorian says the faculty are waiting to meet you, Professor Vardemus. Please....call me Headmaster.

Landon has fans now. And admirers. Josie comes over. They're having dinner tonight. She asks if he knows where his classes are. Got his slip. She'll see him at assembly. They're awkward and goofy lol.

MG and Kaleb getting rid of the skull fountain. Kaleb tells MG to be one of Lizzie's yeses. The Old Mill. Ask her to a study date there. MG's retching.

Vardemus addressing the students. This year will be different. Discipline and order. You will work harder than ever before to be perfect. Every one of you is extraordinary. You have the power to literally change the world. To whom much is given, much is required. I'm asking you for more. We will step out of the shadows. The future it supernatural. He awards the Salvatore Medal of Freedom to Landon for defeating Malivore. They all clap.

Hope Marshall gives her file to Alaric. Bell rings. Can I go now? He says you're not telling me something. If you're in any trouble at home, I'm here to talk. She says she's fine.

Goes to the bathroom and cries. Girl says boy problems? Yeah. He's kind of a troll. The girl offers to fix Hope up. Maya. Hope asks if she's noticed a terrible smell in the school.

The locker room. Ric surprises Hope and she takes him down. He asks who are you?

She pulls him up. I'm a vampire hunter. I came across a creature. Big enough to flip a bus. I'm going with a troll? It's hiding in the school. I wounded it. Ric says I'll take care of it. Hope has been trying to kill it for a week. He says you've heard about Alaric Saltzman? I know what I'm doing. She says you're going to need my help. Locker room fills. The boy asks Hope if she's stalking him.

MG asks Lizzie to a study date. She says yes. He says at the Old Mill? Yes. 2 o'clock? Alright.

Vardemus in magical biology class. Josie thinks the guy is a pompous ass. Landon sees a magical drawing appear on his notebook. Flirting girl again. Josie makes her nose bleed. Girl runs out of class. Vardemus glares at Josie.

Landon and Josie in the kitchen. She made him a flat while coffee. He asks if she's okay. She says there are a lot of changes. He says we can cancel if we're moving too fast. They're awkward again. Dinner tonight. Sushi? She loves sushi. They part awkwardly again.

Ric hunting the purple blood monster with a crossbow. It's below the school. He shoots and it dodges. Tosses him. Hope rolls her potion at it and magics. Arrow in the heart. He agrees with the troll theory. She made artificial sunlight. Hope only wants to take care of the monster and be on her way before this gets more complicated. Maya asks what is that?!

**Wow, Josie and Landon are adorably failing at having their shit together.

MG compels Maya. Ric tells her to go back to class. MG says I don't usually do this. I have to jet, I have a study date. Tells Ric you'll always be my headmaster. Hope asks why he's not at that other school anymore? He says it's a long story. Hope is glad the monsters stopped coming out of the black pit. Ric tells her she'd be welcome at the other school. She says she's just passing through. He says I don't have access to that school's resources anymore, but if monster attacks are starting again, I could use the backup. I don't have anyone else. She says I work alone.

Lizzie meets a new boy at the Mill. What's your name? This is the Salvatore School. So, you're not a student.... No... He's weak. Tells her to keep her distance. I should go. She asks his name again. Sebastian. She says I'm Lizzie. He calls her Elizabeth. She says that sounds boring. He doesn't agree. MG arrives. Apologizes. Your dad called and I.... She says don't worry about it. She's not mad. She needs to gather ingredients. He offers company.

Ric asks how did I know to throw that bolt to you? It was muscle memory. Hope says it wouldn't bring your memories back. She thinks she's the reason monster attacks are back. She won't stay and put them all in danger. Body is gone. So.....not a troll.

**Nope, it's a Cyclops. There was only one eye around the messy hair.

MG practicing his date ask for Lizzie. Kaleb tells him to try again. And again. When you look at her, how do you really feel? MG says I know her. All of her.  I like all of it. She deserves to be with someone who sees her for all she is. Kaleb tells him to say that.

If it's not a troll, what else could it be? It's here. Why? Ric says when the monsters came last time, they were always looking for something. Hope spots Landon and Josie.

Josie and Landon not having a good time. He presses her to tell what's wrong. She says I'll go home and everything will be fine tomorrow.

Lizzie doing a location spell. Sebastian reappears. Ah, you're a witch. She asks what are you, exactly? He asks what she was looking for. She says she was waiting for a friend, who's a guy. He'll be here any moment. You haven't answered any of my questions. He says I have a request. Stop looking for me. You shouldn't let me get too close. You seem like a nice girl and my life is complicated. Goodbye, Elizabeth. And by the way, I'm not sure who this friend is, but you shouldn't have to wait around for anyone.

**New vampire dude is charming, isn't he? But sketchy. And Lizzie should guess by his old-fashioned attire that he's a vampire. She's grown up around this stuff all her life. The barely contained predatory vibe? Come on.

**Of course, telling a 16 year old girl to stay away from a hot boy/man is pretty much pointless. He's catnip.

**TVD/TO con in Nov. I haven't been to an SFF con in a long while.

Landon writing with headphones on. Earbuds. Cyclops was going after him and he doesn't know Hope is fighting it in the town square. Cyclops picks her up and laughs. Ric shoots at it again. It drops her. Ric gets tossed. Hope sets it on fire. Hair gone reveals the single eye. Hope shoots it in the eye. THAT's how you kill one. The body disintegrates. Landon sees Hope. She walks away.

MG finds Lizzie. She tells him the spell was to find this mystery guy. I don't want to hurt your feelings, but I think I have a crush on him. When I was in Europe, I was this brand new person. I wasn't Crazy Lizzie. Just me. And when Sebastian looked at me today, I felt that way again. I can start over. So thank you for helping. I should've told you. Poor MG. He says what are friends for? She asks what he was going to say? He says it was really nice to see you happy today.

Hope and Ric congratulate each other. He knows she won't stay. Offers her the crossbow. Be safe out there. She says you're good at this, you know. Helping kids. Keep the beard.

Hope sitting on a bench. Packed. Landon says hey. We saw each other earlier. Rough night? She says yeah, actually. Relationship trouble. He says yeah. Tells her. She says I love a guy that doesn't know I exist. He says she's really great. I want it to be perfect and it was really effortless and now it feels so off. Sorry. She says sometimes you have to be brave enough to be imperfect with people even if it's scary. He says you'll have to take your own advice. Tell that boy you exist. She doesn't know about that. He hopes her night gets better. He offers her a cup. Don't know why I ordered it. Didn't want a milkshake. It just..... Thanks for listening. He leaves and she's crying again.

**Nice to see the memories are there deep inside Hope's people. Ric knowing how to fight alongside her. Landon buying her favorite flavor of milkshake. The subconscious knows her. Which means it's possible to get the memories back.
 
Landon goes to Josie's room. I'm sorry. We shouldn't have gone out if you were sick. She says I'm allergic to seaweed. And you ate it anyway? Why? She says because you wanted sushi. I didn't want to be a problem. I'm always the caretaker. You didn't need me at all. If I'm not fixing problems, I have no idea where I fit in your life. I was jealous. I'm always codependent and ridiculous. He says I'm a fraud. I woke up next to an empty pit. I'm not the hero they think I am. I went along because I felt like I finally belonged here. And I wanted to impress you. You deserve to be taken care of every once in a while. She doesn't want to be codependent. But it'll take time for me to change. He says I'll go over the top with boyfriend gestures. They kiss.

Hope comes to Ric's office. My name's not Hope Marshall. It's Hope Mikaelson. I'm Klaus and Hayley's daughter. You don't remember, but you're the closest thing I have to a father now, and the entire world has forgotten I exist and the boy I love has moved on, so I have absolutely no idea what to do next. He says we'll figure it out together. She hugs him.

Josie found by Vardemus. Next time, use the incantation prefix. It puts a delay on the spell. That way, you're gone. Harder to get caught. I'm creating a curriculum for advanced students. I'd like you to be the first. It requires discipline. Curfew begins in 3 minutes.

Man jogging in the cemetery. He's stabbed in the chest by the hooded figure! Who carves a sigil on his forehead next.

Next ep - Football game. Monster in the woods feeds on werewolves.

No comments:

Post a Comment