Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

#Arrow 8.2 - “Welcome to Hong Kong” live blog #arrowverse #CrisisOnInfiniteEarths #Earth2

“Welcome to Hong Kong”

THE RETURN OF TATSU – Oliver (Stephen Amell), John (David Ramsey), Laurel (Katie Cassidy Rogers), and Tatsu (guest star Rila Fukushima) seek out an important person within The Monitor’s (guest star LaMonica Garrett) plan. Connor (Joseph David Jones) has a heart to heart with his brother (guest star Charlie Barnett). Antonio Negret directed the episode written by Jill Blankenship & Sarah Tarkoff (#802). Original airdate 10/22/2019.

Episode 2:

Oliver having memories of his life. He wakes on a bed in a room. Monitor warned him to not interfere. He redirected them. Earth 2 was a herald of what's to come. Oliver asks where people are? Monitor says they are no more. John and Laurel are nearby. If you fail, this will happen to other earths. The survival of the Multiverse requires you obey my orders. They're on Earth 1. Bring Dr. Wong to me. Do not fail me again. John busts in. We have to get out of here now! Gang runs in at them. fighting their way out. Canary cry. Laurel says nice of you to show up.

Outside. Where the hell are we? Oliver says we're in Hong Kong.

Laurel doesn't believe Earth 2 is gone. Oliver says the Monitor told me it did. He's trying to prevent Crisis. She wants the breach device. She's going back to her Earth. It doesn't work. She has to find someone to get her back. She needs to save what's left of her earth. Oliver says there's no one left to save. She blames him. All those people you saw die weren't real to you. But that's my home. Those are real people who are counting on me. Adrian. My sister. I'm not giving it up without a fight. John tells Oliver to let her go. She's processing her grief. We have to go right now.

Future. Mia complaining. Deathstroke Gang only left one thing in Vasquez's vault. JJ needs cash to take over the city. Zoe knows where they'll move the contraband. Mia tells Connor to not get in her way next time.

Hong Kong. John says Harbinger sends her regards. They're let in to an ARGUS secret room. Oliver says this would've come in handy 10 years ago. LOL. John says the machine is hooked up to ARGUS' intranet. OIiver's worried about Laurel. I ignored the orders of a cosmic being and watched a whole world disappear. John says if that being will watch the deaths of innocent people, it's the wrong being to follow. You shouldn't blame yourself. Oliver finds Dr. Wong listed. He's been missing for a week. Bad guys bust in. They have to fight their way out again. And now there are guns. Tatsu saves them!

Why are you in Hong Kong? Tatsu is a vigilante now. She asks Oliver the same. He says we're looking for a scientist Dr. Wong. I've been asked to help stop the Crisis. Tatsu's heard of it. She offers to help. Oliver shows her the intel photos. Secret police have Dr. Wong.

Laurel's trying to break into a place. Lyla catches up. John thought you could use some help. Laurel is looking for David Chin. Lyla asks if she knows what she's walking into. Busts the lock. You'll need backup. They get to a nerd. Laurel needs his help. Or I'll hurt you very badly. I need you to fix this breach device.

Future. Black market. Zoe brought Connor and Mia. Mia doesn't get JJ. You turned out okay. John and Lyla were saints. Connor says JJ got short-changed. She says JJ made his own choices. Connor says he was my best friend. JJ comes in. They've grabbed Zoe. Put down your weapons. You first. JJ offers a better way. He wants a friendly chat with his brother. Connor says talk.

Oliver staring at his wedding ring. Thinking about Felicity. Tatsu says Hong Kong police won't talk about Dr. Wong. They figure he's in a safe house.

Team Arrow shows up and so do the bad guys. China White interrupts Oliver in his chase of Dr. Wong. Dr. Wong gets abducted on a motorcycle. China White sets off a gas bomb. Oliver goes up. And has lost the doctor.

**Well, that could've been handled better. Geesh.

**Mia's brand of a chip on her shoulder is a bit too much teenage petulance. Too much of the know-it-all in her.

Triad underground. China White was supposed to be in ARGUS custody. Tatsu and Oliver bickering. He tells her Amanda Waller threatened my family. John brings them back to the scientist. Oliver says learn what the project is and we'll know why the Triad is after him.

Laurel presses David. He says it's done. And it still doesn't go to Earth 2. He says Earth 2 is gone. It's like a shadow. No sign of life. Laurel pulls a gun on him. Fix it! He can't bring back the universe. Lyla gives her condolences. Alarm going off. Lyla grabs her to get out now.

John found a shipment Dr. Wong had shipped to an address. A location heavily fortified.

Green Arrow breaks in on a group of soldiers in a freight elevator. Ow. Tatsu and John on the comm. He only has a few minutes. Starting the upload. Tatsu knows what Triad is after. Dr. Wong is trying to recreate the Alpha Omega virus! Oliver says Dr. Wong has already done it. It's in the room.

You'd think the Chinese govt. would've learned its lesson. Oliver stole the virus. We're using this as bait to draw China White out. Tatsu says it's a mistake. Her husband tried this. Oliver says I don't plan to give her the virus. Any better ideas I'm all ears. John will make arrangements.

Lyla caring for Laurel. Laurel says you don't know how I feel. You didn't know them. My sister. Adrian. My family. Good people. They don't deserve to be gone. I've done such awful things. Lyla says you're trying to be better. When I was in Afghanistan, my unit was sent on patrol when I was on base duty. Only this time, there was an IED in the road. None of them made it back. I used to ask myself why them? Why not me? I made a deal with every god that would listen. I know something about survivor's guilt. All we can do is try to move forward. Laurel asks how? Everyone I love is gone. Lyla says don't give up. Do the right thing. We honor the dead by fighting. This world needs you, too.

Oliver tells Tatsu she's not talking him out of this. I'm not going to fail. She says nine years ago you failed and my son died. The grief stole your humanity. He says I'm just doing what needs to be done. She asks why the Monitor wants the man who made the virus? Oliver says I don't have a choice. Tatsu says he doesn't care who he hurts along the way. Why are you still doing this? Oliver says if I'm wrong, all of this is for nothing. I left my wife. My children. All my sacrifices, the sacrifices of others, will have been for nothing. I need my family to live! I need this to work. She says you're risking too much. He thinks he doesn't have a choice. She says There's always another choice.

Future. JJ and Connor. JJ says you have a place with us. You have the mark. Connor got it to get his brother back. Remember when we were kids? Kids were pressuring me to sell drugs and you intervened. JJ says you didn't listen and I got grounded. Dad held me responsible. Connor says Hate me, hate Dad, but don't throw your life away because of it. I know who you are! It's not too late. We can fix this together.

Green Arrow meets with China White. She says anything for a friend.

**I never had a problem with the Hong Kong story. Or any of the flashbacks showing us how Oliver became what he was. It's obtuse to not see how the flashback stories paralleled the season story and why they were relevant.

Where's Dr. Wong? Nearby. China White says the govt. doesn't like bombs in people's necks. Or bad press. Someone in a car arrives. Oliver says you and I have been enemies since the beginning but something is coming, something bigger that threatens our entire earth. She wants the case. Dr. Wong is brought out. He's wired with explosives. Oliver says this is not part of the agreement. She'll deactivate it once she's safe  in the car. John and Tatsu attack. John goes after the virus. Tatsu chases China White. Blades vs blades.

Oliver rescues the scientist. John gets the virus back. Lyla has his back. Hi, honey.

Oliver needs the detonator! He can't disarm the vest without it.

Tatsu and China White still going. She gets China down. The detonator. China says you better kill me now. Tatsu tells the team she has the detonator. Tatsu gets stabbed! China grabs her sword and stands. She's about to deliver the killing blow. Laurel cries to save Tatsu! China White flies into the water. Laurel is dressed in Canary gear.

**China White really has 9 lives. Interesting that the consequences of John losing his job were the govt. making deals with the Suicide Squad criminals.

Lyla says Tatsu is resting in the infirmary. She'll be fine. Laurel will help make sure what happened to Earth 2 won't happen again. Dr. Wong is secured. Oliver wants answers from the Monitor. Tatsu told me I have to be absolutely sure I'm making the right choice. I owe it to all the dead to find out who the Monitor really is. He's going to apologize to a friend.

Connor wants JJ to leave with him. JJ says this isn't about you or Dad. you fail to see the bigger picture. I have vision. I knew you'd show up here.

William gets the device to work.

What did you do?? JJ knew Zoe would lead them here. Why cripple the system when you can rip its heart out? Then men storming your bunker right now will kill your brother if you touch me. Mia can't get William on the comm. She swears to kill JJ if he hurts William. JJ tells Connor it was never a mask.

Oliver finds Tatsu. She says she's survived worse. He brought herbs. She thought this was her last battle. But this was not my time. He says you almost died because of me. I'm sorry. You were right. I'm going to make sure this mission is worth the cost. There are organizations far older than the Crescent Order. I'm going to Nanda Parbat.

Lyla says you should've told me what would happen on Earth 2. John could've been killed. And Laurel Lance. Monitor asks if she was successful. Yes. She has Dr. Wong. Then let us proceed.

Next ep - The League. And Oliver telling a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment