Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

#Arrow “Crisis on Infinite Earths Part 4” live blog #CrisisOnInfiniteEarths #Arrowverse #CrisisPart4

“Crisis on Infinite Earths Part 4”

OLIVER HAS BECOME SOMETHING ELSE IN PART FOUR OF “CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS.”EPISODE PENNED BY MARV WOLFMAN & MARC GUGGENHEIM – Stuck in the Vanishing Point, the Paragons search for a way to escape. The futility of the situation is compounded by The Flash’s (guest star Grant Gustin) disappearance. However, hope appears in the form of Oliver (Stephen Amell), who reveals that he has become something else. Meanwhile, the origin stories for The Monitor (guest star LaMonica Garrett) and Anti-Monitor are revealed. Glen Winter directed the episode written by Marv Wolfman & Marc Guggenheim (#808). Original airdate 1/14/2020.

Part One | Part Two | Part Three |



















Image credit: The CW

Arrow episode 8:

Planet Maltus, 10,000 years ago. The Monitor. She tells him he better suit up. He kisses her. I love you. this will be temporal jump trial 1. The suit provides protection from radiation. He thinks it's bulky. She spots the quantum flux cascade. He says I'm just the time traveler, my love. You're the monitor. Portal engaging. Next stop, the dawn of time.

He lands in a green area. Temporal zone. I wish you could see this. It's beautiful. She says your presence has corrupted the zone somehow. Antimatter. You have to get out of there RIGHT NOW!

He's in a barren place. She says you breached the wall between our universe and its opposite. The suit couldn't contain the radiation. Mar, can you hear me. He says he's sorry. My towering ambition has doomed us all. Anti-Monitor appears.

Vanishing Point. The doc is writing to his wife. 7 paragons that are the universe's last best chance. I don't see it. Destiny doesn't believe in tomorrow anymore. Courage trains for a battle that will never come. Another meditates. The paragon of Hope has lost hers. Me? I try to salvage the tech of this place to find a way out. Lex Luthor is a douchebag. And Barry Allen....he's just done.

Repurposing leftover Time Master tech to make a teleporter. J'onn offers to go. Kara says no. Thanks for volunteering, Lex. Start it up. It shorts out without sending Lex anywhere. It was a longshot to begin with. Then Barry flies into a wall. He's been gone for months. He says I left a few seconds ago. The Speed Force is like running into a mountain. There's no way out of here.

Oliver's fights over the years. His eye glows green. I see everything now. Oliver's voice is reverby. His complexion is still dead. Jim tells him everything has led you to the ultimate fight. The AntiMonitor. A being who stands against all there ever was or will be. The apocalypse given form. It's time to get your friends.

Barry wants to try again. They're stopping him. Sara steps in his way. Kara tells them to not turn on each other. Spectre says the Speed Force is the key to saving you. It's the key to saving everyone.

**So, did Jim Corrigan become a Spectre without dying? He doesn't look dead like Oliver does right now.

Oliver? Yes and no. It's complicated. I am Oliver Queen, but I'm also something more. A ghost. A spectre. There's an antimatter universe. AntiMonitor is at the dawn of time working to make this permanent. He says the 8 of us might not be enough. We need a backup plan. Some must go to Maltus. Kara, the doc, and Lex. Barry can't get into the Speed Force right now. Are you in tune with the Speed Force? You could give me the energy boost I need. Please. Oliver touches Barry's forehead. I've unlocked your potential, Barry. Use this power with caution. Do you trust me? Are you Oliver Queen? Yes. Then I trust you with every cell in my body. Good. Then run, Barry. Run.

Kara, the doc, and Lex on a planet. Spots a city. Lex is already missing.

Barry running. Antimonitor knocks him into a room. He's not wearing the Flash suit anymore. Queen Consolidated? Not exactly. Oliver in a suit. Spectre is somewhere in the Speed Force, too. Oliver is using pieces of his essence to keep them together. This is where he and Barry first met. I'm using the memories to keep us from falling out of the Speed Force. I can buy you time, Barry, but you need to get to each of us. Memories you need to consider are the moments when our bonds were forged.

Flash meets Flash! Ezra Miller's Flash. Tell me Where here is? Is this cosplay? Do you want a selfie, bro? I'm also The Flash. Oh, The Flash. They admire each other's outfits. I'm Barry Allen. No! What does this mean? Miller Flash disappears. Barry wonders what this means.

Kara finds Lex. He brings up chestbusters and Predators. LOL. Ask me what I'm up to. Go ahead. She does. He wants universal domination, of course. And blasts her. He gave himself upgrades with the Book of Destiny. Blasts the doc, too. Moving on. Whistling through the forest. Such a dick.....

Kate in Palmer Tech. Oliver and Ray talking. Ray says here you are, pretending you have everything in control. Oliver says you should trust Felicity's judgment. Ray says she doesn't see you for what you really are. Oliver says you don't know what this city is up against.

Oliver and Kara in the hangar during Elseworlds. I don't get unnerved. When I go up against something new, I push back. I want to claw back a sense of normalcy. J'onn says we're well past normal. Kara asks what he's doing here? That is a very long story.

Doc wakes Kara. Ryan? Yeah. Lex pulled a Luthor on us. No broken bones. You'll be fine. Ryan wonders why he's here when he has no powers. I don't feel like a paragon of anything. Are you sure you got the right guy? She says you left your family because someone said you were needed. That makes you special. They need to catch up to Lex. She thinks Lex will change history to his advantage. Ryan says Lex is really a selfish asshat, isn't he?

Barry sees Clark vs. Clark. Looking for Oliver. Oliver about to shoot the dark one. Barry wasn't here for this. Clark catches Lois. They thank Oliver for the save. They see Barry. It's a crazy long story. He asks to talk to Oliver. This won't make any sense, but you're not here right now. You're in the -- Speed Force. I remember. I remember everything. Barry says that arrow, from The Monitor, I always felt like there was something you weren't telling me. Oliver says you and Kara were fated to die trying to save the world. Barry says you made a devil's bargain to save us, didn't you? It cost you your family, Oliver, your life. Oliver says dying is the easy part. The dead are at peace. Go find the others.

Sara dead in the past. Diggle tell Laurel it's time to put her to rest. She says her father has a bad heart. He won't live through this. It should've been me. She was the true hero. Dig says follow her example. Wear the mask. Be the Canary. That's how you keep your sister alive. Barry arrives. Oh boy.....

**Arrow episode of Crisis is Sort of Arrow-y? Since Spectre has to help the Paragons instead of Oliver saving the world as he's done before as the Green Arrow. Next week, we get time travel to a new version of 2040, then the following week is the series finale. The blurb for that gives no hint of what it contains.

Mar's ready to portal. Lex say I wouldn't do that. Hi, Lex Luthor. I'm here to make you an offer I won't let you refuse. Your wife is taking a nap. You're a scientist. You're intrigued by what I have to say. The experiment you're conducting will destroy you, your world, and your wife. I'm willing to share my future knowledge with you. And in return? You will soon have abilities that help me deal with super problems on my world. What do you say? The brave and the bald?

Barry tells Dig and Laurel that you're not you guys and this isn't happening. He wakes Sara. Takes her away.

J'onn tells Oliver and Kara about the Speed Force and the AntiMonitor. The two of you work together. Right now, you don't like each other. But that all changes. We all come to depend on each other. Trust each other.

Kate says It's a pattern with you. You don't trust people and they don't trust you. Then all that changes and the bond becomes stronger than iron. She thinks she can learn from that. Oliver and Ray are confused by this stranger here. Barry gets to her.

Kara finds Lex. We need to talk.

**Sara hasn't worn the original Canary costume in a long time. She got the White Canary look on Legends.

Mar Novu, do not trust this man with anything! Ryan gets Mar out of the room. To his wife. Ryan says you can't open that portal. Don't do it at any cost! Trillions, an infinite number will die. It's not worth it. The fact I'm here at all should be enough to convince you. Mar calls him remarkable. Ryan believes now.

Kara and Lex fighting. Beams of energy at each other. Ryan says you can stop trying to kill each other. I got through to Novu. Lex snarks Thanks for ruining a perfectly good bad guy plan. LOL.

Barry got them to the dawn of time. But it's the anti-universe. Ryan says it's not possible. I got through to him. AntiMonitor says some things are inescapable. There will always be one Mar Novu who cannot turn from his towering ambition. In that, there is inevitability. Welcome to mine.

**Ezra Miller plays The Flash/Barry Allen in the DC movies, btw.

Spectre tells them this is why they were selected. You're paragons. You're powerful enough to hold the line. Buy time to rebirth the universe. I'll lay the spark. You fan the flames. You'll know when it's time. If I knew, I'd tell you. I don't. All I have is trust. Do you trust me? Barry says with every cell in my body. Kara says let's do this. They all run at the ghosts. Fighting AM's minions.

AM tells Spectre It's too late. I shall be victorious. Oliver says you won't be. AM says all life ends. Only death is eternal. Only I am eternal. Spectre casts off his hood. We'll see about that. They clash.

Sara says my team and I usually mess things up for the better! LOL. The paragons keep fighting while Spectre and AM clash with energy. A ring of fire around them. You have failed this universe! Spectre blasts energy into the sky. Paragons wonder if they did it? Where's Oliver? There! The spark. Fan the flame. We'd know what to do. Lex wonders if Truth can tell us what to do. Use what's left of the book to fan the flame. Kara says single laser like focus. That's why they're paragons. Focus those attributes on rebirthing the univer.

AntiMonitor and Spectre scream. Explosion. Barry takes Sara to Oliver. Oliver coughing. I need both of you to watch over my family. You all did it. What did we do? Look. A vortex in the sky. What is it? The universe. Wait for it, Barry. It's almost time. There. You did it. Sara says we need you to come back with us. Hang on, okay? Oliver says this is what the Monitor said would happen. Dying is the easy part. I'm at peace. The real heroes have to keep going. So keep going. Don't ever stop. This world, this new world, it needs both of you. Oliver has tears. He closes his eyes. Sara looks up. Barry? An end. And a beginning. Barry thanks Oliver. She leans on Barry.


No comments:

Post a Comment