Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2020

#Legacies 2.10 - “This Is Why We Don’t Entrust Plans To Muppet Babies” live blog #witches #werewolves #vampires #thevampirediaries

“This Is Why We Don’t Entrust Plans To Muppet Babies”

HAPPY COVEN DAY — As the witches of the Salvatore School come together to celebrate Coven Day, the latest monster to infiltrate the school targets Alyssa Chang (guest star Olivia Liang) and the other students by spreading discord and creating chaos among the covens. Elsewhere, Alaric (Matthew Davis), Lizzie (Jenny Boyd), and Josie (Kaylee Bryant) search for a solution that keeps Josie protected from the dark magic brewing inside the mora miserium. Fed up with feeling powerless alongside Hope, Landon (Aria Shahghasemi) asks her to give him self-defense training. Finally, Alaric’s past comes back to haunt him. Quincy Fouse and Chris Lee also star. America Young directed the episode written by Adam Higgs & Josh Eiserike (#210). Original airdate 1/23/2020.

Episode 10:

Little girl scared on a porch. Ric offers her a stuffed animal. 8 years ago. Mr. Wrinkles. I'm Ric. Alyssa. Do you think you and Mr. Wrinkles would like to go on a trip? He asks her to come to the school. Dorian asks what to do about this. Ric suggests gas leak? There's nothing left of Alyssa's house.

School. Alyssa Chan turned two girls purple. Years pass. Playing with the girls. They are mean to Alyssa. She lashes out. Paper wads at them.

Today. Alyssa Chang has a roommate. Pray for her. Hope needs her textbook. Why are you on my bed! Beta says sorry. Hope goes to Landon's room. Walking through a monster. It's roaming the halls undetected.

Alyssa still in the room. Looks better on me than her, right? Then she's attacked by the monster.

Working on the hourglass. They've tried 12 spells. Not a problem magic can fix. Josie thinks maybe she deserves the magic coming back on her. Lizzie says maybe we drop it in the prison world. There's a celestial event tonight. Ric says no! Don't do anything while I'm gone. He leaves the office. Lizzie says what if we make a new prison world and ascendant. How hard could it be?

Landon training with Hope. He said I meant for beginners. She says Alyssa has her worked up. She's trying to gaslight me. Landon says bullies do that. Try talking to her. Bullies hate being confronted. Now more sparring first.

Ric and the counselor. She's back with a short bob. Dorian... Ric lets them catch up. I need a bomb expert. ric asked her to run Coven Day. She flew from Japan for it.

Coven Day. Witches has been persecuted for being different and dangerous. Coven Day is an event to celebrate being a witch. Learn about different covens. Alyssa enters with a flourish. Oy. Hope comes to talk to her. Alyssa doesn't mind having a roommate. She just doesn't like Hope. The monster whispers in Alyssa's ear. They're going to get rid of you unless you get rid of her. Wade's presentation. he doesn't have a coven. He doesn't fit in and he's bad at magic. He's done research and has an answer. I'm not a witch. I'm a fairy. I know it's out there. But fairies enjoy honey, are incredibly tidy, and they love to sing, like me. And I also never knew my parents. Alyssa is mean to him. He sees the monster! Alyssa gets detention. Hope snarks at her. Monster tells Hope don't let anyone make you look weak.

Hope goes to a student and steals her shoes. Landon asks how it went with Alyssa. Monster tells Hope to get rid of him before she loses him. She says your advice was useless, just like you.

Wade comes to Landon. It's a Kareen. Arabian monster that feeds off strife. Gets stronger until it gets tangible. I saw it.

Coven Day meeting. Hope is prodded. Counselor has them embrace the silence. Lizzie comes to borrow Emma. Emma tells her to sit. You and your sister should've been here from the start. Lizzie sits. Thank you.

Ric tells the sheriff about the bomb. He told her he's a true crime writer. So he's walking through theory craft with her. She gets a text. Ethan landed in detention. Ric says he was probably sticking up for someone smaller. She makes a joke about what did you do, Ric, murder Sebastian? Heh.

Emma summoned a sphere representing their thoughts and emotions. The goal is to keep it green. The kareen is poking the witches to snipe at each other. All the negativity is changing the sphere color. Lizzie provokes Alyssa. Then all the girls yell at each other. Emma stops the moment and tells them to go to their rooms and cool off. Hope and Lizzie figure out something's wrong in the school.

Vampire vs werewolf now. The kareen is almost corporeal.

Emma and Ric talking in the past. We might need to consider expulsion.

Present. Wade and Landon looking for the kareen. Only fairies can see it. Landon says focus. We need to find a way to stop it.

Ric still with the sheriff talking about kids. She has a story about her daughter and 5 kids with a keg. I did the reasonable thing because that's what we always have to do, right? Heh. Ric probably isn't the one to give advice. She wonders what to do when her good kid gets in trouble. Ric says trust Ethan to make the right decisions on his own. She tells him to let his daughters make their own decisions sometimes. Ric still says he's taking his secrets to the grave.

Dorian and Emma argue until the kareen appears visible.

The kareen does have some weaknesses. Hope is still mean. Wade leaves the room. She says I didn't mean it. Landon says the kareen magnifies insecurities. It doesn't create them. Alyssa says there's a monster on campus. Hope says to Landon we need to get you somewhere safe. Landon says it avoided me. Then what does it want?

The kareen comes for Josie! Who is still in Ric's office with the hourglass.

Josie has a vision of the school in flames. There's a dark and veiny Josie there. Don't let it break. Lizzie wakes her. Emma put up a barrier spell. Josie says it took the sand clock. Hope is too snarky at Landon again. He snarks back. Oh, crap, I'm affected. Why now? Oh. Okay. I might have a plan.

Landon finds Wade. What everyone said, it wasn't cool. We need you. I've been doing some reading. Fairies run on belief. The kareen couldn't infect me when I was hanging out with you. I'm 100 percent behind you and I'm not alone. People are chanting his name. The whole school cheering him on. Kaleb wonders why we're doing this? MG thinks it's someone's birthday. Landon says you've got this, Wade. The kareen enters. Wade isn't getting powers. No one really believes. Landon says I believe and I'll prove it. He attacks the kareen. It grabs him. You're weak. It snaps Landon's neck. Wade grows wings! I've got this. Landon made sure of it. Kids cheer. Dude's like all fairy, like for real. Now the kids chant his name with belief. He magic dusts at the kareen. It dissolves and the hourglass falls. Hope calls it into her hands to save it. Gives it to Josie. But the glass is starting to crack.

**20 minutes left and the monster is defeated. Hmm. What do we have still to go?

**Nice to see Wade get a hero moment when he's been crapped on in various scenes of the series before today. There's always that kid, right? The one no one respects or sees having value. The awkward and nerdy.

2 years ago. Lizzie had severe burns. Alyssa connected people with objects. Ric says I'm going to have to send you away. Emma proposes another option. I'll cast a spell to make you forget what you did, what happened with your parents. It'll give you a fresh new start. She's not like the others. Alyssa wants to stay.

Present. Ric doesn't like the idea. Josie and Lizzie say there's no other plan. Ric figures out he needs to let them solve the problem.

Emma and the girls and the other witches gathered to make the new ascendant and prison world. Hope apologizes to Alyssa. Alyssa says I deserved it. Josie apologizes to Lizzie. Lizzie apologizes for not knowing she needed help. I love you. They focus on creating the new ascendant for a prison world. it forms. One spell down. One to go. Now they need to banish the sand clock before it breaks. Josie and Lizzie leading the spell to send the clock away. There's a flash of light. It's gone. Witches all congratulate each other.

Landon punching a punching bag. Hope says I said some things.... As much as it hurts, what I said was true. Look, um, I love you, Landon. I love that you can't take a punch. I love that you won today using brain, not brawn. I love that you're always trying to be better. I don't want you to be the hero. I'm not going to train you to fight with me anymore. Not if the monsters are back. He says he's not stopping. If you won't train me, I'll find someone who will, so we're both standing at the end of this.

Ric calls the sheriff and thanks her for the advice. What do you say, dinner this weekend? She says my answer is in your pocket. He smiles when he takes it out. He is about to turn off a light and disappears!!

Lizzie is sad. Josie cuddles her. it's okay to miss him. Lizzie says I shouldn't care. Sebastian wasn't a great guy, but still..... Hope asks if there's room for one more. I think Landon might hate me. The twins disappear!

2 years ago. Alyssa is making friends. Emma is proud of the progress she's made. I think we can stop having our weekly sessions. I'm better? What do you think? Alyssa nods.

Emma gets a visit from Dorian. He wants to apologize. It's none of my business why you're in town. She says I should be more honest with you. Ric asked me to help him with a student. One that's giving him trouble. What did you do? What we did before. Alyssa enters. She wanted to confess something. It's what I know about what you did. Josie did this purge spell to return memories about Hope. I remembered other things. Like what you did to me, and what Dr. Saltzman did to those other kids. What did you do, Alyssa? I sent them away. She used a linking spell. Waited for weeks for an opportunity. She linked the two ascendants. Sent themselves and Dr. S. Time delay. Thank Dr. Vardemus for that. She makes Emma unconscious. You won't remember any of this. That feels poetic, too.

Hope confronts Alyssa. Sticks her to the wall. We need to have that chat about boundaries. What the hell did you do?

Ric in the school. Or is it the Salvatore House? Lizzie and Josie run in. Where are we? A prison world. It's not the one you made today. It's the one you made when you were kids. Alyssa Chang wants to teach me a lesson. Sebastian enters.

**Ric and Emma sent inconvenient people to Kai's world for years?

Next ep - Cupid. Is a monster with scary teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment