Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2020

#Legacies 2.13 - "You Can't Save Them All" live blog #thevampirediaries #witches #vampires #werewolves

"You Can't Save Them All"

AND SO IT BEGINS — Hope (Danielle Rose Russell) finds herself in a race against the clock as the threat of the prophecy looms and the pressure to rescue the Saltzmans grows. Meanwhile, Alaric’s (Matthew Davis) attempt to keep his family safe leads him to make a difficult decision. Aria Shahghasemi, Kaylee Bryant, Jenny Boyd, Peyton Alex Smith, Quincy Fouse and Chris Lee also star.Jeff Hunt directed the episode written by Brett Matthews & Thomas Brandon (#213). Original airdate 2/13/2020.

Image credit: The CW

Episode 13:

If you missed the first half of this Kai saga

The prophecy. The pieces fulfilled.

Downstairs. the wolf and the witch looking for Ric. He kills the wolf. Wendy raises a flame wall and runs. She trips and falls upstairs. The vampire attacks Ric.

She flashes back to the night she stopped her humanity. I'm so sorry. Josie fixed her.

Hope. Prophecy chanting kids surround her. She's holding he golden arrow. Sees Landon bleeding. Josie reached her in the dream.

Hope has the pieces of the Ascendant on Ric's desk.

Landon couldn't sleep. He made a board to figure out how he flew. She tells him about the dream. Landon comforts her. She feels like she's failing as a hero. If I don't bring the Saltzman's back, no one will! Landon says you're not alone. Co-heroes, remember? She wants him to stay grounded until the golden arrow is found.

MG and Kaleb and the beta wolf on the hunt for the loot. MG says Dorian was clear this was a recon mission. Wolf takes the device. This way.

Ric trying to get answers from Josie. She says for the first time in my life, everything feels clear. They find Lizzie in the car. She's pierced. Black eyes. It feels like my body's breaking. She tells him she drank vampire blood. Please don't let me die!

Kai shows up with the arrow. Says he's Joshua and Ric said he could stay when he's in town. Dorian says he's not here. Kai says oh, he wouldn't remember me now, anyway. I've heard it's been crazy around here and you might've forgotten to take your vervain, so why don't you find someone to invite me in. Compulsion!

**Verified that Kai was turned in the prison world. Makes him a Heretic witch, then? Heretics were on TVD - vampire-witch hybrids led by Lily Salvatore.

Got Lizzie to the hospital. Josie says black magic is making her worse. Ric pleads with her to do something. She says I'll be unconscious for a while. Don't be scared. Vampire girl wants to help, but the blood is a temptation. She says she trained to be an EMT at 16. I can help her but I can't be near the blood. Do exactly what I tell you.

Landon brings Hope a tray. She can't unspell the Ascendant. Kai comes in and says you have the wrong Ascendant. Dorian says Joshua is an expert on prison worlds. Kai says there's a linking spell on this. It produces a faint hum. Hold this. That witch of yours sent them somewhere far older and much more dangerous. You'll need my help to get them out.

Three boys trying to find the stash. MG trying to be peacemaker. Then explains about Alyssa. And figures out these two are into Alyssa and she's into MG. MG points to a zombie. We're tracking a moving target.

Hope and Landon in her room. She wants to astral project to the prison world to see if the Saltzmans are still alive. Dorian says there's a rare flower by the falls. It makes people tell their deepest secrets. We can use it on Alyssa. Dorian takes Landon.

Ric's mom invented a medical clamp! Wow. Lizzie's pulse steadies. Josie wakes up and stands. She's veiny. There's something missing from my memory, or someone. Kai left a note in the vamp's pocket. Josie figures out Malivore is affecting her mind. She does the spell to make them all remember again.

Kai in the kitchen. Necromancer appears. I told you I could get in. They have honey ham! Kai has a plan. I always have a plan. Necro wants the Heretic to give info. Kai says you'll get Josie if you back off and do what I say. Still got that golden arrow?

Dorian knocks Landon out.

**Heretics are Gemini coven witches that became vampires. They retain their magic, unlike other witches turned.  The original 6 were siphoners before becoming vampires and only siphoners can become Heretics.  Jo once said, "Imagine Kai with vampire bloodlust."

Alyssa in the cell. Kai comes to her. Big fan of your work. How do you feel about team-ups?

Ric wakes. Josie was already up with a book. Lizzie is sleeping upstairs. She tells him there's still a way to get out. Siphon. The kids want to go home. Josie says someone needs to stay behind and be the anchor. It should be Diego. No offense. Ric says no, we're all getting back. Josie sees Hope. Ric says warn her about Kai. Hope says he's here pretending to be someone else. Ric says you have to get him away from the school now. Josie says we have to do all it takes to get out of here. Ric offers to stay behind. It has to be me.

Kai is there when Hope returns. Did you need something? He's sniffing. Stuffed animal. Rips the head off Alyssa's elephant. The intact Ascendant. Now all you need is a celestial event. She knows something, but we have to go off campus to get it.

A barn? Hope says Dr. Saltzman hid what we need in one of these crates. It has the Salvatore logo. She tries to throw a stake at him and he stops it. Then she magics. Then attacks him. You could've blocked that. He's not trying to beat her. Alyssa is severing the link to his prison world. It'll disappear along with everyone inside it. She chains him up. Kai says I compelled what's his name with your boyfriend. They're chatting East into the woods walking straight into the path of a golden arrow. You'll never make it to both places in time. You can't save them all. You have a choice to make. Who's it going to be?

Attacking the zombie. Beheaded. MG hears something. Trailer. Tied up guy. It's Raf?? What happened? MG says we'll get you out of here.

Josie gives directions. Each door can only transport one person. When you see the door, you have to go. She cuts her hand and bleeds on the spellbook. Lizzie pleads with her dad. Gives her the sword. She says Sebastian is still here. He'll come after you. He says he'll be fine. You'll bring me back. She apologizes. He hugs her. It's okay.

Sebastian wakes in the car.

Dorian pushing Landon. You must've been compelled. What did they tell you?

Hope at a crossroads. Who's it going to be?

Alyssa chanting. Hope arrives. If you finish that spell, you kill them all. I know you're angry and you want to hurt them, but you're not a murderer. you don't want to be responsible for someone's death. You carry it forever. Alyssa knows. The Ascendant is spinning. Alyssa says that isn't me.

Dorian has to hold Landon. He pivots to take the arrow to the back. Always a loophole to most compulsion. Landon will get him help. Dorian says you won't make it in time. Landon, it's alright. It's not your fault. Stay one of the heroes, you hear me? No matter what. Dorian's eyes close.

Flash of light. The fire witch returns.
Lizzie promises to get Ric out. He knows. Go! Sebastian saves Ric from Diego. Some people don't know what to do with a second chance. Ric thanks him. Sebastian says if you wish to thank me, take care of Elizabeth. Ric leaves. Josie says touch me and become the anchor. He says tell you sister something a better man would say.

Another flash of light and Josie is home. She isn't dark when she turns around. I'm back. They hug her.

Hope races to Landon. Josie asks what happened? Hope says I didn't choose Landon. But he'll come out any second. When I open my eyes, he'll be there. Oh god, I don't see him. Josie does! Fire wings in the sky! Landon carrying Dorian to them. Ric races over. Nice sparks effect as the wings disappear. Hope's impressed.

**It's not just adrenaline, it's intense emotion that triggers Landon to release his power. Like most any magic or mutant being in fiction.

Around the fire pit. Josie binds the area. Jade says Lizzie should stay off her feet and not lift anything heavy for a couple days. I'm glad to have the real you back. Same.

Sebastian in the prison world. Earthquake? Lizzie astral projects to him. Josie's helping me. I had to see you. The spell we did is making this world unstable. It won't last much longer. She tells him how to get to Malivore. Maybe you can escape. he says maybe, if I make it in time. I'm so sorry for what I did to you. I did warn you when we first met. Should've kept your distance. She tells him to go to Georgia. He'll remember. I'll always remember. She disappears. Goodbye, Elizabeth. I think I would've liked this place.

Raf came from the bus stop, then I woke up in that trailer and there was someone in a red robe. Ric says you're safe. We'll figure out the rest later. Dorian is healing at the hospital. Ric gives them a one time drink. We had a day. Here's to tomorrow being better.

Hope thought she lost Landon today. I'm sorry. He says you did the right thing. Save 6 lives or save 1. You still made the right choice. I don't know if I could've done that. You need to be the hero. You do what the rest of us can't. She can't fly. She asks what it's like. He says like falling away from the Earth. I can't really explain it. I'll have to take you up sometimes so you see for yourself. She falls asleep on him.

Holding the Ascendant. Lizzie and Josie lay down together when it's dead.

Kai still chained to the post. LOL. He tries to get a crystal from his pocket. Necromancer. Send a minion to free me. So you could lie to me again? Necro doesn't need Kai anymore. And I hear someone coming. Ric dragging the sword. Kai says this feels a little anticlimactic, don't you think? Ric says not to me. This....is for Jo. He beheads Kai! Leaves the parts there.

Josie dreaming. She opens black eyes and gets veiny.

Next ep - March 12. A simulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment