Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2020

#Supernatural 15.15 - "Gimme Shelter" live blog #spn #spnfinalseason #spnfamily #supernaturalfinalseason

"Gimme Shelter"
 

 

MATT COHEN DIRECTS – Castiel (Misha Collins) and Jack (Alexander Calvert) work a case involving members of a local church. Meanwhile, Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) go off in search of Amara (guest star Emily Swallow). Matt Cohen directed the episode written by Davy Perez (#1515). Original airdate 10/15/2020.

 

 

 

 

 









 

Image credit: The CW

Episode 15:

Food slopped on a plate. Homeless shelter? One girl thinks a lady is creepy and tells a boy to make her leave. Man stops the boy. The pastor. Lead with compassion in this world. Boy takes soup to the woman.

The boy on the street alone. There's a yell down an alley. Asking him for help. Kid walks slowly. His name is yelled again. He backs up and falls over.....a teddy bear. Hey, Connor. Then he's hooked around the neck and strangled.

Dean asks Sam if he has anything. Something in Missouri but it doesn't look like a case. Dean says power went out and no one knows why. He thinks it's Amara in Atlantic City. Cas comes in. He wants to go with them. Dean tells him to keep an eye on Jack in case Billie shows up. Cas says Amara's dangerous, you can't just charge in.

Jack asking about Sam's case. A kid got killed. It's tragic, but local cops can handle it. Dean tells Jack and Cas to investigate it. Stay busy. Sam agrees. Maybe you can help. Jack's excited. Can we wear matching ties?

They arrive to talk to the sheriff. Swift and Lovato. The victim was first attacked here. Cas and Jack ask questions. Someone carved Liar on Connor's body. Cut off each finger and shoved them down his throat. And they found the teddy. There's a speaker in it. Jack has the bear at home. LOL. For his stepson. Sheriff also shows them something else. Saw someone in a mask on security camera.

Jack looking up Connor on social media. Cas says he did that once and there were too many cats. Jack needs permission to join the website. Demon shows up at the crossroads. How can Zack be of service? Who killed that boy in the alley downtown? Was it a demon? Zack would watch Highway to Heaven with murder. LOL. No one's making deals. Rowena has a hard people will end up where they'll belong rule. Zack doesn't know what he is without crossroad deals. I'm bored out of my mind. Cas tells Jack they'll stay in town and help.

Lights out at the shelter. Redhead steals from the donations box. Leaves the community center. The voice calls her name. Valerie, over here! She's attacked by the person in a mask.

Cas on the phone with Dean. Sam asks how's Jack? Focused. Cas tells them another person went missing. She and Connor were in the same church group. Dean advises him on the case. Cas asks about the search for Amara and Dean gets off the phone fast.

They've been on the road for almost 2 days. Sam wants to talk about it. We have to find her, then set her up for her own death. Dean says being the messengers of destruction was never going to be easy or mess free.

Pastor talking to the followers. Dedicate this charity service to Connor's memory. Jack asks where he can find the Kool-aid. LOL. He wants to join. He asks what's going on? She says one of our members passed away. Jack asks if they were close and she leaves. Cas arrives. Pastor prays over a man. Turns to Cas. I'm Agent Swift. Valerie Jones never made it home last night.

She's tied up. Wakes. Greed. She screams for help. TV turns on. Thief. Over and over. One finger is chopped off. 3 hour countdown. Valerie weeps.

New guy is hot. Jack is done with the paperwork. Now what? They tell him what to do in the lunch line. The girl doesn't want to talk about Connor. Jack apologizes for upsetting her. I'm no good at this. She says you're okay. It's just, you were right. We dated years ago. Sort of. We watched a lot of old movies together. Kids. He was always there for me. Jack lost someone, too. My mother. Yeah? Her mom died 3 years ago. Just her and the pastor now. He's a better preacher than a dad. Jack has more dads than most and I feel like I'm letting all of them down. She says you're sweet. Put your trust in God. Not people.

Pastor thinks they're being targeted. Has anyone else in this faith based community gone missing? Brother Rudy left to worship somewhere else. He'd been their AV guy. His daughter asks for a sec and he blows her off. Pastor says whatever I can do to help, let me know. Cas says you really care, don't you? Pastor says it's part of the job. His wife grew up in the church. He moved service here, to help their neighbors. All faiths and backgrounds are welcome. Connor was gay. Pastor says a saint is a sinner who keeps trying.

Dean and Sam 4 hours from town at a gas station. Sam says there's a road closure. Can you do 6 hours? Dean swears. Pork rinds? Pork rinds. Amara appears and says we can do better than that. Hi, Dean. Miss me?

Headed somewhere fun? Amara smelled them from 2 states over. And Cas's angelic APB. I knew you were looking for me. First, lunch. She likes human experiences. I've never had a Pennsylvania pierogi. It's snowing on them.

Valerie loses another finger.

Pastor talking to the followers. God calls by so many times, but it doesn't matter what we call you. It matters what we do. Please welcome our newest member, Jack. Invites Jack to share his testimony. Cas arrives. I'll do it. My name's not important. I do know what blind faith is. I followed orders. Never looked beyond the plan. Then I was lost. Didn't know what my purpose was anymore. Then I found a family. Became a father. In that, I rediscovered my faith, and I rediscovered who I am.

Jack and the pastor. Pastor says it's about what they do. Leave the rest at the door. TV changes and shows the countdown. Valerie loses a finger. You won't save her. Jack rushes to disconnect the TV. Who would've done this?

Dean tells Amara we need your help to take your brother down. Sam saw Chuck's memories. He asked you for help. Dean says you know he's snuffing out universes. She says there's nothing you can do. Dean says there is. Our friend Jack. We have a way to trap him. But we can't do it without you. She says no. I won't betray him like that. You can't imagine what we really are. We're the same. Sam says Death told us you were the first born. She says Chuck and I were twins. When we split apart, all this was created. Dean says when he trapped you for an eternity. She says you can't play on that. Not with me. Caging me hurt him deeply. Me doing it to him would be an agony. I'm sorry. I can't help you.

Jack and Cas break into Brother Rudy's place. It's a dump. But Rudy's dead in bead. Lust. He's been dead a long time.

Amara pays the bill. Dean and Sam back in the car. Sam says maybe it's for the better. Dean shuts the car off. I'm going to ask her something.

He sits with her. Why? She says I told you. He says no. Why did you bring her back? You wanted to show me something. Teach me something. That experiment came to a not so happy ending. My mom is dead. What was the point? She says I wanted 2 things. I wanted you to see your mother was just a person. You held onto a myth. I wanted you to see the real, complicated Mary was better because she was real. That you could finally start to accept your life. And the second thing? I thought having her back would release you. Put that fire out. Your anger. But we both know I failed at that. He says you're damn right. Look at you. Just another cosmic dick rigging the game. You're just like you're brother. She says it was a gift, not some test. He says I'm not angry. I'm furious! To know I've been just a hamster on a wheel. For Chuck. We're all trapped. Sam and Jack and Cas and even you. You think he cares a rat's ass about you? Now who's living in a dream world. She asks can I trust you? He says I would never hurt you. She says then I'll think about it.

Pastor's daughter and her friend. Your dad is freaking out. The FBI guy told him not to call the police. She posted on social media. This is so crazy. So many frowny faces. Can you believe it? Daughter grabs her. I believe. You never did!

***Well, well.....the PK punishing the impure?

The girl was stabbed in the gut. She says Sylvia is still here. Preacher goes to the storage room. Sylvia. Let me help you. She grabs her dad at knife point. Mom wouldn't go to the doctor. You mocked her because she believed God would heal her. You changed everything. They don't worship God. They worship you. Jack comes in and tells her to let him go. She stabs Jack. Cas comes in. Takes control of her and makes her sleep. Frees Valerie. Go get the police. Go! Jack hurries out. Cas heals Valerie's hand. She wakes. Looks at her fingers reattached. Preacher asks what are you?

**So the church was one of those cults that doesn't believe in medicine. Faith is supposed to heal you.

You're an angel? Not a very good one. Sylvia put into a police car. Demon is the driver. Pastor will find a place where she can get help. I should've been taking care of her.

Cas and Jack in the truck. Hey, Jack, when Pastor Joe asked you to speak, you were struggling. Something you were afraid to say? You're shouldering a great burden. You don't have to do it alone. Jack says I've been lying to you. About what? I'm going to die. When I kill Chuck and Amara, I'll die, too. Billie's spell is turning me into a bomb. When I go off, God and Amara will cease to exist and I won't survive. Don't tell Sam and Dean. Why not? They won't understand. This is the only way they'll ever forgive me. Cas won't watch him die again. Jack says it's not your choice.

Home to the bottle. Dean drinks. Cas jingles his keys. Hey, where are you going? Where's Jack? In his room. We didn't want to wake you. Cas says I solved the case, saved some people. Amara? She's on board. Cas is going to look for another way. I have to. Dean asks what's he talking about? Dean...In case something goes wrong and I don't make it back, there's something you and Sam need to know.

Next ep - Dean and Sam on a case from their childhood.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment