Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2020

#Supernatural 15.17 - "Unity" live blog #SPN #SPNFamily #SPNfinalseason #supernaturalfinalseason

"Unity"

ONE WAY OR ANOTHER - Dean (Jensen Ackles) hits the road with Jack (Alexander Calvert), who needs to complete a final ritual in the quest to beat Chuck (guest star Rob Benedict). A difference of opinion leaves Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Castiel (Misha Collins) behind looking for answers to questions of their own. Catriona McKenzie directed the episode written by Meredith Glynn (#1517). Original airdate 10/29/2020.



Image credit: The CW

Episode 17:

Iceland. Amara in a pool. More wine? No. Thank you. She's reading Murakami. Soaking in a hot spring. With beautiful stars above. But then she sees a massive change in the sky. Too many shooting stars. Welcome home, brother.

Sam on the phone with Cas. Found nothing. Sam says we'll find a way. Just get home. Dean enters. Sam isn't speaking to him. Dean wants him to say he gets it. It's the only way. Sam isn't impressed. Do you ever get tired of saying stuff like that?

Amara get a beer in their fridge. My brother has returned. Jack knows it's time. She asks how they intend to cage him. God had 4 archangels. She wishes she and Jack could get to know each other. Maybe when this is over, we can? Jack has one last ritual. Dean keeps urging the conversation along. Affirms with Amara that she'll help when the time comes. She says you and I will always help each other, and disappears.

Sam and Jack discuss the sacrifice. Sam thinks it's wrong. Dean tells Jack to get his stuff. They'll make Santa Fe by morning. Sam isn't coming. Dean says we have to do this, it's in the book. Sam keeps pushing that this isn't right. Dean says it doesn't matter how we feel! Sam says someone has to keep fighting for Jack. Dean says he knows what he signed up for. Sam says Jack is family. Dean says Jack is not family! I know how you feel. I care for him. But he's not like you, not like Cas. He's just not. Jack says he's ready. Dean says let's hit the road and they leave.

Impala. Wet road.

Cas comes home. Sits. They read to help Jack.

Amara in the woods. Chuck appears. Hey, sis. Chuck has a haircut, suit, and a big smile.

**I've thought for a while......God is omniscient. You can't surprise him. Chuck is only surprised if he chooses to not pay attention and get so.

Check out my light show the other night? Pretty rad, huh? He saved the best for last. And then what? He's been thinking about that. But he needs her help to do a hard reset. She says not happening. He figures the Winchesters got to her. He didn't write the Dean/her thing. She says I'm not on Dean's side and I'm not on yours. Someone needs to defend this world. Walk with me. you never show down, do you? Take a breath. Revel in the world you created. His first tree was a fern. She says you want to evaporate every kernel of existence because the Winchesters won't do what you say. He says no. It all reminds me of my failures. She doesn't agree. He says humans are the worst. Ruin everything they touch and they're so boring. So she takes him to Heaven. how do you feel about fans? The angels delight in him. Annoy Chuck. He sends them away. She wanted him to feel their perfect angelic devotion. He raspberries at her. He's made up his mind. She says what about what I want? Balance. Something we never tried before. Brother and sister united again on the behalf of this world. True balance, the way it was always meant to be. But he can't......he only cares about his pleasure, his story. She says that makes you the villain.

They go into the Winchester bunker and he can't leave. Is this a trap? She says I gave you an out but you just wouldn't take it. The Winchesters found a way to bind you, brother. He says no! You can't hold me here forever. She says I can hold you long enough. Chuck is pissed.

**But yeah, if you're going to break down the concept of the Christian God that's all knowing, seeing, powerful etc., there needs to be consistency. Either Chuck ISN'T those things and the Bible in this world was propaganda.......or....... Because that God is supposed to exist at all times in all ways in all things in all places. There's nothing not known because time is an infinite loop and God has seen the beginning and the end. There are no surprises.

Impala. Silence in the car. Dean says I don't know what you heard back there, but.... Jack says you don't need to say anything and you don't need to be sorry. I'm not like Sam or Cas and I understand that.
Jim's Gems in the morning. This is where it ends. Man opens the door. Jack? Hello? I'm Adam. You know. First dude off the assembly line. But she's Seraphina. Jack's aura is like Skittles. She's an angel. They're frisky. Adam says you're with me, Jack. Private pop quiz. Can't hand out the spark of the divine to just anyone.

Jack and Adam chat. Adam and Eve thought they deserved getting kicked out of the Garden. Then God moved onto our sons....

Seraphina saw Jack in her dreams.

Adam has wanted God gone for a long time. It's his plan. All we've been waiting on is you. The main ingredient. Case of rocks. One of these pretty little suckers has been touched by God himself. All you gotta do is tell me which one. Jack picks them all up.

Seraphina says this moment was meant to be.

Jack points at a rock. That's your choice? Yes. And the others. All of them. Just rocks, but their existence makes them divine because God is in everything. Adam says at least he should be.

Jack tells them he passed. Dean asks now what? Seraphina stabs Adam to take a rib. Always going to be the rib. She heals him. This is packing enough punch to create life. Or destroy God. Seraphina says Jack's journey was all preparing him for this. It starts a reaction that fuses him into a living black hole for divine energy. God and the Darkness cannot escape. Once is starts, it can't stop, so don't use until game time. You dig? Jack says I dig.

Back in the Impala. Dean stops the car. I need to say something before we head in. What I said to Sam, you didn't need to hear that, not now, not with the weight you're carrying. When I found out about Chuck, it's like I wasn't alive. Not really. I've never been free. But now we have a chance at a life without all this crap on our backs. So now I need to say thank you, Jack. Thank you. Jack says you're welcome. Dean's phone buzzes. Jack says It's time, isn't it? It's time. Jack takes the rib out of the bag and absorbs it.  His eyes glow.

**I can go with the story choice of Chuck as God being more "human", more fallible and quirky, but yeah, it isn't disappointing to see him go from the creative writer to the ultimate villain doing awful things.

Sam closes a book hard enough to toss it on the floor. Cas picks it up. Sam apologizes. Cas says I feel it too. Hopelessness. Sam says maybe Dean is right, but it feels wrong. Billie has Dean so convinced. I wish I could talk to her. Cas won't let him end his own life. Sam remembers Sergei looking for the Key of Death. Opens the door to Death's library. If we find it, maybe I just walk up to her. They search. Check everything in storage. Cas finds a key. Latin inscription. Sam reads the Latin on the box. The key glows and a door forms on the brick wall. Cas wants to go with him. Sam says no. If Dean beats me back here, buy some time. Cas doesn't think he's crazy. I think your internal compass is functioning perfectly. Sam unlocks the door.

Someone is unconscious there. ALL the librarians are down. He's in the W section. A woman begs. Is slashed. A man is weeping. Begs the Empty. He says she won't come. Please! He prays to Death again. I told you. She kills him, too. Sam tries to sneak away and she teleports him to her. Sam Winchester? Meg? She's borrowing the face. Death and me need a word but she's ignoring me. The Empty was supposed to be mine. Billie said she'd make it better. But then your friend in the trench coat gave me trust issues. Billie wants to be the new God. Everything back to where it belongs. The dead dead, angels in Heaven, demons in Hell, and she goes back to sleep. Billie always talked about needing Sam. Empty's choking him. He says Billie sent me. Really. She sent me. We're trying to beat God. Not a lot of time for questions. Billie sent me to get the book. Didn't say why. She's on Earth. Empty can't go there unless she's summoned. He says Billie sent me to tell you she'll honor her promise. God and Amara die and you go back to sleep. Give me the book. Maybe we all win. Kill me, we lose, and you will never go back to sleep.

Sam returns to the bunker. Amara's here with Chuck. It's time. Sam says Cas, we can't let that happen. We need to stop it.

**Only Billie can read God's Death book. Wonder what it really says, vs. what Billie's been doing? The previous Death said he'd one day reap God, after all. But Chuck writing his own death? Why would he ever do that?

**Amara doesn't seem like Darkness anymore. Will the healthy balance ultimately happen in the finale?

Chuck giving Amara the silent treatment. She pleads with him. It doesn't have to end like this. He snaps at her to shut up.

Dean rushing in.
Sam following telling him about Billie's power grab. But Dean's not listening.

Chuck telling Amara the play by play.

Jack lit the fuse, we have to go.

Chuck says this is my ending. My real ending.

Dean pulls a gun on Sam.

Chuck says what part of omniscient don't people understand. They think they can kill me?

Sam and Dean arguing.

Amara says they're going to cage you.

Dean hits Sam.

Chuck tells her they're going to kill me and you. There's no cage. Never was.

Dean drops Sam.

Amara says Dean can't hurt me. Chuck says he can lie to you.

Sam tells Dean if Billie takes over, everyone goes back to where they belong. Bobby, Charlie, Eileen. And that's just the beginning.

Chuck says humans always break your heart. The only ones who ever really get us is us. You and me. Back together.

Dean says there's nothing else we can do. We get out of the way. I don't care what Billie does. I'd trade them all in a heartbeat for Chuck! Sam asks what about me? Would you trade me?

Chuck proposes creating something beautiful and peaceful together. No pain. No baggage. Only balance. He extends his hand. She takes it. He absorbs her. He has one glowing eye and one black.

Dean can't be Chuck's puppet forever. I can't live like that, I won't! Sam says I know. Tears in his eyes. But you have to trust me. My entire life, you've protected me. Dad. Lucifer. From everything. I didn't always like it, but it was the one thing in the whole world I could count on. The one thing that was true. So please.....put the gun away. Just put it away. We'll find another way. We always do. Dean finally complies. The door blasts apart. Chuck enters the hall. Are you kidding me?! After everything. All that. You did it again! Cas asks Where's Amara? She's in here somewhere. Castiels do what they're told. But not you. All of you. I tried and I tried and I tried but you're all just too stupid. Too stubborn. Too broken. I'm over it. Over you. Dean says screw you, Chuck. Chuck says no. screw you. You throw broken toys out. Cas asks what does that mean? Chuck says Have fun watching him die. Jack falls. He's shaking and glowing apart.

Next ep - Let's go reap a Reaper. 3 episodes left. Billie says the plan has changed. She'd like to see Dean dead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment