Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2020

#Supernatural 15.18 - "Despair" live blog #SPN #SPNFamily #SPNfinalseason #supernaturalfinalseason

"Despair"
 
RICHARD SPEIGHT, JR. DIRECTS - With the plan in full motion, Sam (Jared Padalecki), Dean (Jensen Ackles), Castiel (Misha Collins), and Jack (Alexander Calvert) fight for the good of the common goal. Richard Speight, Jr. directed the episode written by Robert Berens (#1518). Original airdate 11/5/2020.

 








Image credit: The CW

Episode 18:

 Sam carries Jack to a chair. Cas tells him deep breaths. Try to slow this down. Jack tells them to leave him. Get him outside. I'm coming apart. I don't want to hurt you. Don't let me hurt you! Dean freaking out. Billie arrives. It was doomed because of you. Cas pleads with her to stop this. She can't. But there is something she can do. Jack disappears. Dean asks her what did you do?

Jack in the Empty. Hey, kid. How'd you get in here? You're not looking so hot. Jack apologizes. Then she realizes what's happening as he explodes.

Billie says Chuck and Amara are gone. The Empty was the only player on the board who could absorb that impact. Is he dead? Maybe. The Empty is different. Not as strong as Chuck and Amara, but vast. But if Jack survives, and The Empty survives, it's going to be pissed. It's got beef with me. Dean says poor you. Billie says good thing it can't reach me here. She won't bring Jack back until she gets God's book from Sam. Sam says you were always going to betray us. Everyone who got a second chance, everyone resurrected or came from another world, you were going to kill them all. Dean and me, too. Cas says you lied. Billie tells Sam it's not a negotiation. If you want Jack, you'll give it to me now.

Jack in the Empty space. He's whole. And confused. Empty reconstitutes. You!

Sam has the book. Drops it on the table. Billie opens it to the end. It has a new ending. Dean demands Jack back. She shushes him to read.

Empty is angry. Brings Jack to her. He disappears.

Billie says the boy's mine. Sorry kid, you're still useful. Dean cuts Billie with her scythe. She tosses him back. Cas goes to Jack. Sam picks up the book.

Dean drinking in the middle of the night. Sam comes in. I couldn't sleep, either. Dean shares the bourbon. Dean apologizes. I pulled a gun on you. Like I couldn't stop. We were so close to beating him. Nothing else mattered. It was everything. I couldn't snap out of it. Sam says you've snapped me out of worse. Dean says Chuck is probably more powerful than ever. Billie wants us dead. Jack's powerless and Michael's not answering our prayers. We're at zero. Sam says we regroup. Somehow. To somehow.

Billie in the library. Librarian says it's warded. The plan has changed? The plan has changed.

Charlie's girlfriend making eggs. No guns at the table. Charlie wants to hit a shifter hideout after sun goes down. Loves the eggs. You are making these every morning for -- Stevie disappears. Her plate smashes on the floor.

**And yeah, Billie, Chuck is omniscient. You cannot sneak up on an all-knowing being. If you have a part in the book, it's literally a part you're playing.

Sam and Dean at Charlie's apartment. She tells them about Stevie. She didn't know who else to call. Why her and not me? Sam asks her to tell them what she saw? She says she saw, heard, felt nothing. She vanished. Dean and Sam exchange a look.

Cas and Jack outside. How you feeling? You've been quiet. Jack feels.....strange. I don't know if that's because of what happened to me or I feel strange because....it's over. The plan. My destiny. I was ready to die and I wanted to, for Sam, for Dean, for the world. I wanted to make things right, and now I don't know why I'm even here. Cas says you never needed absolution. We care about you because you're you. Jack says everyone's so mad at us and I don't have my powers. I'm scared. Cas. Cas is, too.

Dean says we've made some big enemies, lately. Sam says Death. THE Death, she wants to send you back. Everyone back. Dean doesn't know for sure, but Stevie fits a pattern. Charlie rants in her grief. Will I be collateral damage to you? Bobby calls Sam. He was on a hunt with a refugee and Greg vanished. Dean says no one's safe. Sam thinks of Eileen. Charlie tells him to go.

In the car. Sam texting with Eileen. We're almost there. Last reply doesn't come. Eileen? Eileen??? He looks at Dean. Dean speeds up.

They turn onto a street. Sam gets out. Finds her phone and stuff on the sidewalk. Eileen was texting she was at the car waiting. Sammy? Sam can't let himself go right now. I'll lose my mind. I can't right now. We have to get everyone to safety. We need somewhere central to everyone. Use every warding we know. Dean says do that. I'm going to end this. Billie left her blade. Her, I can kill. Cas will go with him. Sam says be careful and they hug. Let's go reap a reaper.

Donna found a building. They've put out the APB to everyone. Sam and Jack at the gas station. Sam needs Jack to drive. He can't work with one eye on the road. Jack slides over.

Dean and Cas in the bunker. Dean will do whatever it takes to smoke her out.

Reach Donna. Jack says he'll help set up the warding. Sam hugs her. She's sorry about Eileen. So, Bobby's inside with his crew. She calls Garth and Jodie and the girls. Sam says they're not on Death's list. They should be okay. You should be, too. Happy to have you helping. Charlie arrives. Sam is glad she came. Charlie doesn't want it to happen to anyone else.

In a silo, they work at warding the walls. Sam enters with a spray can. Bobby says they get it. You're the big man here. They came runnin, no hesitation. But Bobby worries about the lav situation. Didn't have time to bring a porta-potty. But he has a bucket. Sam has a spell of Rowena's that should boost the warding. Should? Bobby, it's all I got.

Jack spots a plant. He reaches toward it and it dies.

Dean and Cas enter the library. Split up. Bobbie's there. Guess this is the part where I say Hello, boys. Hello, boys. What's the plan? Take me down with my own weapon? Dean says that time, I wasn't trying to kill you. She asks what changed? He says you're trying to kill all my friends. She says interesting. Tosses Dean. Strangling Cas. Dean attacks her. It's over. Call it off! Stop killing my people! She didn't hurt his friends. You're in the wrong place, Dean.

Sam chants. Wards glow. Charlie asks now what? We wait.

Billie says it's Chuck. You're wasting time.

A woman disappears. Hunters panic. And disappear one by one. Charlie. Bobby. Donna!

Billie says when you cut me, it was fatal. Something I can't survive. See for yourself. You killed me, Dean. So I don't care about your friends, your family. But I have one wish before I go. I'd like to see you dead. She attacks. So glad you came. They run. Escape through the door home.

Sam and Jack alone. Shocked. Scared.

The bunker. Dean's freaking out. What do we do? Dean's heart. I can feel her. Cas moves him along. Billie stalking them. You are everything I lived to set right. To put down. To tame. You are human disorder incarnate.

Cas carrying him through the halls. Billie says you can't escape me. Don't you think it's finally time for the sweet release of death?

He's gasping for breath. Cas cuts his hand and wards the store room door.
She reaches it.
Dean can breathe.
She pounds on the door.
Cas wonders if they can wait her out. If we can't. Then we fight. We'll lose. Dean says I led us into another trap. All because I couldn't hurt Chuck. Because I was angry and needed something to kill and because that's all I know how to do. It was Chuck all along. We should be with Sam and Jack now. Everybody's going to die, Cas. Everybody. I can't stop it. She's going to get through that door. Cas knows. She's going to kill you then she's going to kill me. I'm sorry. Cas says there's one thing she's afraid of. One thing that's strong enough to stop her. When Jack was dying, I made a deal to save him. The price is my life. When I experience a moment of true happiness, the Empty would be summoned and take me forever. I've always wondered what it could be. What it could look like. I never found the answer. The one thing I want is something I know I can't have. But I think I know now....happiness isn't in the having. It's in the being. The seeing it. I know how you see yourself. You see yourself how our enemies see you. You think hate and anger drives you. That's who you are. It's not. Everyone who knows you sees it. Everything you do is for love. You're the most caring man on earth, the most selfless, loving being I'll ever know. Knowing you has changed me. Because you cared, I cared. I cared about you, Sam, Jack, but I cared about the whole world because of you. You changed me, Dean. Cas is crying. Dean asks why does this sound like a goodbye? Because it is. Cas says I love you. Dean says don't do this. The Empty shows up. Cas pushes Dean aside. Goodbye, Dean. He smiles at the Empty as the goo takes him and consumes him and disappears.

**Greater love hath no man than to lay his life down for a friend.

Jack and Sam leave the silo. Sam tries calling Dean. This is Dean's other other cell, so you must know what to do. Jack asks if it was just them. Sam doesn't know.

Except the world is empty. Too quiet.

Jack and Sam in silence.

Dean sitting still. Sam buzzing him. Dean can't answer in his grief.

Next ep - No one left to save. Except Dean found a dog. There's something out there besides us. Jack has no idea what they're walking in to.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment