Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2020

#Supernatural 15.20 - "Carry On" live blog #ThankYouSupernatural #SPNFinale #SupernaturalFinale #supernaturalfinalseason #spnfinalseason #SPNFamily

SPN SERIES FINALE

“Supernatural – The Long Road Home” – 8PM ET/PT November 19
A CELEBRATORY EPISODE – Get ready for the finale with cast interviews from Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Misha Collins, and Alexander Calvert, with creator Eric Kripke, executive producers Robert Singer and Andrew Dabb, and special guest stars Jim Beaver, Samantha Smith, Ruth Connell, Kim Rhodes, and Mark Sheppard. Original airdate 11/19/2020.

Series Finale: “Carry On” – 9PM ET/PT November 19
THE END – After 15 seasons, the longest running sci fi series in the US is coming to an end. Baby, it’s the final ride for saving people and hunting things. The episode was directed by Robert Singer and written by Andrew Dabb (#1520). Original airdate 11/19/2020.









Image credit: The CW

Can you believe we're here? "Supernatural" is where I started doing recaps. It was in a little forum with a group of us, and I'd run to my computer during commercials to write comments. Getting a netbook in 2011 made things so much easier! Anyway, I first came into SPN in season 1 to see episodes with Whedonverse guest stars and stuck around for the second half of the season, then caught up on the very beginning. Got the mister into it and we've watched every season from Season 2 on. 

Scary enough, he and early Dean Winchester were SO alike. He kept responding to things the same as Dean did right before Dean said it and it was SO FREAKY. Who was pulling dialogue out of our house, you know? Somebody on the writing staff had the same sense of humor.

Anyway, I'm going to miss this show. It's one of the few in my TV life that I could've watched forever. My TV schedule is going to feel very strange and more empty. Lost a lot of shows in recent years, but this is the longest-running. I'm sad I could never make it to a convention. The timing just never synced.

What will you miss most about "Supernatural" ending?

Episode 20 - series finale.

The Road So Far. Time to say goodbye.

This montage in The Long Road Home is awesome.
Origins. The pilot.
The Brothers Winchester. They were SO YOUNG. The smooth faces and higher voices.
Junkyard Dog. Bobby! I miss seeing Bobby as a regular part of the show. Wow, Jim Beaver's beard is white now. The "Balls" cap is great.
Brother Love. The family dynamic. You love the Winchesters, you love the show. Good that Mark is in this after the whole Crowley thing. I miss Crowley.
Earth Angels. Anna. Kripke had a no angel policy in the first 3 seasons. Thought it'd be too easy to have someone powerful saving them. Then, make them dicks.
Monster Moments. Amber Benson. Meg. Allll the demons. Crowley!
King of the Crossroads. Sealing the deal with a kiss. Such an evolution. Hello, boys. Weird seeing him with no beard. Jensen wants to see a scene between Mark and Shatner.
Angel in Disguise. Castiel's opening. The epic entrance of the whole show. Meant to be very alien. So intense and serious. Wow, remember Sam's excessive sideburns?! Hey, assbutt. Ass butt? LOL. The third brother. The core of the show is family. John telling Dean he's proud of him.
The Power of Myth. The devil's gate. Rowena's spells. Angels falling to Earth. Lucifer coming the first time. The Empty. Apocalypse world.
Supermeta. Kripke loves meta. Meta so fun. Hollywood Babylon! Awesome ep. Let's be the most meta that anyone's ever been. Jared, Jensen, outstanding. French Mistake. The sideburns are back. Misha? Misha, Jensen, what's up with the names around here. Shooting Kripke. Changing Channels! God, I love that episode. Doctor, doctor. Supernatural the Musical. There's no singing in Supernatural. LOLOLOL. Scooby Doo! They'd do a whole season of Scoobynatural.
Heart & Soul. I'm Batman. The lucky rabbit's foot. Sam and Dean can't keep apart. There's nothing I wouldn't do for you.
Baby. 327 4 barrel Impala. Kripke pitched it as the 3rd character in the show. Baby's POV.
Distinguished Guests. Jim Beaver. Kim Rhodes. Jody has changed a lot in the years. Mark Pellegrino as Lucifer. Ruth Connell's Rowena. Julian Richings as Death. That entrance to that song is fantastic.
The Voice of God. Chuck. The writer. Introduced as a prophet. And then took a turn. God as a neurotic writer.
Spellbound. Rowena. Magic is her everything. She saves herself. The Rupture. So moving.
The Greater Good. A want and a desire to do the right thing. The bomb of souls. You'll be the bomb. Not letting people sacrifice themselves. Fighting their hardest to stay together.
Rising Son. Jack the newborn. Sam guiding him. Jack wanted to belong. Dean took a long time to accept him.
Courage Under Fire. Standing up to fear. Laughing in the face of destruction. Go down swinging, go down together.
Resurrection. Mary. Never wanted this for you and Sam. Protecting her boys. Samantha was eager to explore Mary as a person.
Last Supper. Lebanon. 300th episode. John summoned. One chance to put the family together. Grateful for that moment. That was so sweet. And sad. I'm so proud of you boys. But man, Jeff looked old. That was the one part of that episode that took me out of the story. John never looked like that before he died. Hair and beard still black, and Jeff has lost a LOT of weight since Season 2, to the point of looking gaunt and unhealthy.
Team Free Will. Filming the last episodes. Emotional end. Wrapping up all our myth pieces. Satisfy us and the audience. Garth! Sam and Dean fighting against fate. Finding independence. Standing up to Chuck.
The Final Episode. Hope the fans feel satisfied and grateful they've been on this journey with us. Jared hopes fans feel how much they want to say thank you. Find something of lasting value to say. The show ending doesn't mean that what it created ever needs to disappear. There's so much care in this last season. understand how much love went into the making of this show.
The Long Road Home. It's been the honor of a lifetime. Jensen won't say goodbye to Dean. He's coming with me the rest of my life. Kripke's proud the rest of his life. Jim Beaver says it's been an amazing ride. There's a family made out of this show. Big, beautiful, lumbering piles of flannel. The end of a really long and meaningful chapter in our lives. Eternally grateful.

And now.... their last right is finally here.

Then. Defeating Chuck. Finally free.
Now.
Alarm rings. 8 o clock. Dean sits up. Dog jumps on the bed and he hugs it.
Sam jogging. Nice blues music. Stops at the lake view.
Sam cooking breakfast.
Dean brushing his teeth.
Sam coming in from the shower. Making his bed. Enjoy the naked torso, kids.
Dean's bed is not neat.
But he's washing dishes. Gives a plate to the dog to lick. Good boy.
Sam doing laundry.
Dean cleaning and assembling weapons.
Staring at his laptop with the dog at his side. Sam sits with his laptop. Nothing weird coming over the wire. Got anything? Dean? I got something.

Impala stops. Special guest Jim Beaver! Dean is crying at Pie Fest lol. I'm gonna get some damn pie. Brings 6 pieces to sit next to Sam. Sad Sam face. Sam is thinking about Cas. Jack. Dean thinks about them, too. That pain's not going to go away. But we have to keep living or that sacrifice is for nothing. Quit bring a friggin Eeyore. Sam smashes a pie piece on Dean's face. I've wanted to do that a long time. I do feel better.

A home. Kids going to bed. Doorbell. Lyle? He's stabbed from behind! Mom and the kids run. Guys in skull masks chase after them. She dies at the kids door. Murderer comes in. Looks under the bed. Kids under something else. Door closes. A kid is yanked out by the foot.

Singer and Kripke, FBI. Body drained. Throat torn out. Kids taken. Mom has her tongue ripped out. She drew this. Dean recognizes that. Sam, too.

Dad's journal in 86. Route 77. Witness drew the same skull face. Same M.O. Dean says evil mimes. Sam says vampires. Vamp Mimes. Son of a bitch! They target isolated families with kids 5 to 10. Who in Canton fits that bill?

Van stops. It's the skull faces. Dean beheads one. Sam shoots another in the knee. Then kills him.

Nope, not dead. What'd you hit me with? A bullet soaked in dead man's blood. Dean asks where are the kids? Sam says you really should tell him. And you let me go? Dean says you tells us quick and you get the machete. Sam says, The small blade, I'll have to keep sawing and sawing to get your head off. You'll feel every inch. Could take hours. Dean says if those kids are dead, he'll use a spoon. Guy says they're with the nest. We take a harvest. We raise the kids, juice them. Sam asks where are they?

Impala stops at a barn. Dean opens the trunk. They grab weapons. Dean wants to use the throwing star. One time. No. Come on. No. Then he'll go with the machete. Awww. They enter the dark, creepy barn. Skull faces spot them. Dean opens a door and finds the kids. 4 skull faces. Kids run outside.

They attack the skull faces. Sam beheads one. Dean gets another. Sam gets punched out. Dean gets 2 on one. A lady comes in. Dean knows her. Jenny. From YEARS ago. Hey, Dean. They pull him up. We tried to kill each other back in the day. So weird. Well, you look good. You do. A little dead, but good. She says thanks. Sam beheads her. They fight with the remaining vamps. Sam beheads one. Dean gets pushed back into rebar. Sam beheads the last vamp. He doesn't know Dean was impaled. Dean says I don't think I'm going anywhere. Something in my back. Feels like it went right through me. Sam finds blood. Dean says don't move me, don't move me. He's gasping. Give me a minute. Sam wants to call for help. I'll get the first aid kit. Dean pleads with him to stay with him. Listen to me. You get those boys and you get them some place safe. Sam says WE will get them somewhere safe. Dean says it would always ends like this for me. Supposed to end like this. Saving people, hunting things, it's what we do. It's okay. It's good. We had one hell of a ride, man. Sam will find another way. Dean says no. No bringing me back. That always ends bad. I'm fading pretty quick, so there are a few things you need to hear. Let me look at you. I'm so proud of you, Sam. You know that? I've always looked up to you. You were so damn smart. You never took any of Dad's crap. Never knew how you did that. And you're stronger than me. Always have been. Ever tell you that night I came for you at school, when Dad hadn't come back from his hunting trip? The woman in white. I stood outside your door for hours. I didn't know what you'd say. You would tell me to get lost or get dead, and I didn't know what I'd do if I didn't have you. I was so scared. It's always you and me. Always been you and me. Sam says don't leave me. Don't leave me. I can't do this alone. Dean says yes you can. Sam doesn't want to. Dean says I'm not leaving you. I'm going to be with you right here. Every day. Every day you're out there living and fightin because you always keep fighting. I'll be there every step. I love you so much....my baby brother. Dean didn't think this would be the day. But it is. It is. that's okay. I need you to promise me. Need you to tell me that it's okay. Tell me it's okay. Look at me. I need.....I need you to tell me it's okay. Tell me it's okay. Sam.....says it's okay. You can go now. Hands on each other. Dean says bye, Sam. His arm falls limp. Gasps a last breath. Sam holds him and weeps.

**Well.....that was unexpected. Dean dies at 9:32.......and then what? Nearly 30 minutes left.

Sam and the dog. Hunter funeral pyre set for Dean. He's holding the lighter. Lights it. Tosses it on. Fire consumes the pyre.

8AM. He turns the alarm off. Sits up in bed. He's not great. Making breakfast. Toast pops up. Sitting with the dog staring at him. Names on the table. Walks by Dean's room. Around the hall. Turns the light on. It's as Dean left it. He sits and pets the dog. Looks around the room. Dog whines. Yeah, I know. Yeah, me, too. Phone buzzes on the desk. In the drawer. Dean's other other phone. Sam answers it. Hello? Um, hi, Agent Bon Jovi. Well, I know this is going to sound nuts, but we have bodies missing their hearts in Austin. Donna says you were the guy to call. Agent? You there? Sam says I'm here.....I'm on my way.

Packed to go. Dog trotting next to him. Climbing after him. Sam pauses to look back. Opens the door. Dog goes with him. Lights all go out in the bunker.

**Geeze, this is sad.
**9:44. How does this end? I'm sure the fandom is freaking out at this point.

Dean's body burnt.

Dean shows up in the wilderness. At least I made it to Heaven. Bobby says yep. Dean says this is a memory. Last I heard, you were in Heaven's lockup. Jack made some changes there. Busted Bobby out and set some things right. Tore down all the walls up here. Heaven is what it always should've been. Everyone happy. everyone together. Rufus is 5 miles that way. And your mom and dad, they got a place over yonder. It's the Heaven you deserve and we've been waitin' for ya. Jack did all that? Cas helped. It's a big new world out there. You'll see. They drink. Dean says this tastes like the first drink I ever shared with my dad. It's crap. But it's fantastic. It's almost perfect. Bobby says he'll be alone. Time up here, it's different. You got everything you could ever want or need or dream, so what are you gonna do now, Dean? Impala appears. Dean thinks he'll go for a drive. Bobby says have fun. That's the roadhouse! Dean gets in the car. Hey, baby. Starts her up. Carry on my wayward son. I love this song. Whoo!

Dean the toddler. Sam walking a kid! Picks him up.

Dean on the road.

Sam teaching his boy to catch a ball. The mom watching.

Dean rocking out in the car.

Family photos. In Sam's place. He's tutoring his son the teen.

Dean driving along.

Sam gray haired. Uncovers the Impala. Climbs in. He takes his glasses off. Puts his hands on the steering wheel. Closes his eyes and still chokes up.

Song keeps going on the road.

Sam in a hospice bed. His son has the protective tattoo. Sam's not breathing so well. Dad.....it's okay. You can go now. Sam places his hand on his boy's. Wearing Dean's old watch. Sam takes his last breath. Monitors go off. New version of the Kansas song.

Dean comes to a bridge. Stops the Impala. Gets out. Walks to the rail. Senses something and grins. Hey, Sammy. It's the Sam he remembers. Dean. They smile and hug. Look out at the scenery. The beautiful river. Guitar music plays us out.

And that's it. Jensen thanks the fans. Jared says there's no way we'd be here without your love and support. Who crew on the bridge to wave and say thank you. And....cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment