Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2021

#Legacies 3.3 - "Salvatore: The Musical!" live blog #salvatorethemusical #witches #vampires #werewolves #thevampirediaries #theoriginals

"Salvatore: The Musical!"


THE SALVATORE SCHOOL PRESENTS "SALVATORE: THE MUSICAL" - The students prepare to put on a musical about the founding of the Salvatore School at the behest of their mysterious new guidance counselor. Meanwhile, as Landon (Aria Shahghasemi) throws himself into writing the musical and Lizzie (Jenny Boyd), Josie (Kaylee Bryant), Kaleb (Chris Lee) and Jed (Ben Levin) dive into their roles, Hope (Danielle Rose Russell) distances herself from the musical. Jason Stone directed the episode written by Thomas Brandon (#303). Original airdate 2/4/2021.



Image credit: The CW

Watch "Hello, Brother" scene here.

Episode 3:

What happened in gym class. An accident. And nothing triggered it? She slammed Landon with a ball. The counselor thinks she was working through relationship issues. Tell me about the library. Hope lost control of her power when she heard people talking about her father. Hope says yesterday it was a bad headache. Landon arrives. She says he walked away because he thinks I can't handle him being human. Landon says I didn't walk away from the relationship, not permanently. Counselor thinks it's all connected. Hope is on the track of a monster. I tracked it into this room, actually. You're the monster. Hope, you know who I am. I'm Dr. Goodfellow. The guidance counselor. You've known me your whole life. Remember? Sorry. Landon should stay. We need to talk about your future.

Sheriff left a message on Ric's voice mail. Counselor says don't do it. You're not ready. Who are you? Robin Goodfellow. Guidance counselor. One of your oldest friends? Remember. This seems like a risky time to start something new. Ric says you're right. He'll focus on the Necromancer. Goodfellow proposes giving him a break. I'll run the school and you take time to figure out what your real problem is. That accreditation letter on your desk? I've come up with a brilliant program to satisfy the art requirement.

Landon is writing a musical. Hope doesn't sing in public. Landon wants her help. She says we're not characters in your musical. My family stays out of it.

Kaleb wants to get a premium audition slot. Alyssa appears to MG. Necro sent a monster to the school. He can trick people into doing what he wants. Don't be a hero for once. Get out. Even if you figure out who the monster is, no one will believe you.

Kaleb sings for Landon. Reading for Damon. And so does everyone else, boy and girl. Jeb wants to be Stefan, though. He's the anchor to the whole story. You got the part. No one else auditioned for Stefan. Lizzie wants to play Caroline. And I know who should play Elena.

Josie. It's a great opportunity for a non magic human to participate. Landon's still working on the script.

MG and Goodfellow. Milton, it's me. I'm the monster. MG says that's ridiculous. I've known you my whole life, like everyone at this school. Oh my god, the monster is you. Goodfellow is a sprite. First, I break people apart. And what's the second thing?

Kaleb running scales. MG tells him Alyssa was telling the truth. I know who the monster is. And then can't spit it out.

MG back in Goodfellow's office. Over and over and yet he's stopped from revealing it to everyone else. I'm this close!

Choreography practice. It's rough. Jeb rewrote page 43. Landon will add it to the pile. Josie doesn't get Elena. What's with the selfish choice? Why would she sing about undying love at the end? You gave up on Hope like twice. Practice again. Lizzie runs. She's not feeling well today. Josie goes after her.

I'm fine. Jo. I can't do this. I can't live up to our perfect mother. You're both mature and thoughtful. I'm just a wild mess. I've made so much progress this year. But no matter how far I've come, I can feel my own mind plotting against me. Mom became a vampire and everything became clear. One moment that sent her on her path. What if I never get that?

Landon worried about too much history to put in the musical. I have no idea what I'm really trying to say. Goodfellow says maybe there's a missing piece to unlock the whole thing. What if you can tell the story you want and get Hope back?

Hope painting in her room. Landon comes in. I've been missing something. You. I was talking to Goodfellow about Always and Forever and it clicked. I want you to read the last song. I'm an idiot and I want you by my side. He used her dad's words as lyrics. Landon tried, but Klaus is the original vampire and the founding of the story. She wads up the paper and tosses it. Goes back to her painting. He leaves the room.

Landon and the cast. It's chaos. His stars want different lines. Tells Goodfellow you were wrong about Hope. She hated the idea. Your Klaus has been struck down with a terrible stomach ache. But there's another performer ready to step in. Put me in, coach.

It's time for Salvatore the Musical! Sheriff character open Welcome to Mystic Falls. Don't ask questions, it'll be alright. Elena enters. Nothing changes here. The same every year. All the event days. Then there's the day you never forget. Your parents pick you up but they don't make it home. You want to scream everything has changed, but they don't see at all. Shuffle ball change around her. Chorus line. Elena bumps into Stefan. Welcome to Mystic Falls, Virginia.

Kaleb enters. Hello, Brother. Damon and Stefan duet. Who knew Jed can sing, too? Great lyrics on both sides of this number. What do we do next? Elena enters. A face I thought I'd never see again. Stefan could live life in peace here. They dance with her. So, brother, guess what I'll do next. Watch what I'll do next. Damon, don't do this. Watch what' I'll do next. Guess what I'll do next.

Hope has painted more. A letter comes magically from the fireplace addressed to Lizzie.

Lizzie singing as Caroline. Elena's writing in her journal. Caroline wonders why it's never me. Jealousy for Elena, and appreciation. I'm nervous energy, all out of place. I'm just fumbling as my words get in the way. Elena and Stefan on a bench. Caroline wishes for her someone.

Doppelganger! LOL

Elena sings about thinking about Stefan. Bonnie. Jeremy. Caroline. Anything but don't think about what you want. About Damon. Just don't think about Damon.

Goodfellow congratulates Josie. She finally gets Elena now. She wasn't being selfish, she was being honest about how she'd changed. He's happy for her revelation, but he's sorry about this part. Breaks her arm!

**Covering every important moment of TVD would take at least 2 hours! Would you like to see a part 2?

Lizzie and the rest wonder what to do about Elena. Landon says put Elena in the sleep spell. The boys asks about the finale. Landon tells them to say the lines as written! Every single word.

Lizzie upstairs. Jade appears. You need to reset the bone.

Hope arrives backstairs. Sees Goodfellow playing Klaus to a little girl as Hope. You're special. You'll carry us all with you. Carry us well. Caroline is given a check for the new school. Lizzie moves offstage. Hope gives Lizzie the letter. Goodfellow asks Hope do you want to ask me something? She thinks he delivered the lines like her father did. He met him once. Interesting conversationalist. Terrible painter. Ooooo. She asks him to tell her something in the way her father would've. She wonders if she's doing enough. He says you're too hard on yourself. Feeling loss is doing something right. You opened your heart despite the risks. That's the legacy you'll carry on. Now you're ready. Time for the grand finale.

**Not all the monsters have been evil in and of themselves. Is the sprite mischievous or carrying out something truly bad? His advice to love and feel isn't bad advice.

Damon and Stefan discussing Stefan's sacrifice. I just wanted to say goodbye. I don't have long. He was trying to be more like Damon. Brother. Audience claps. Caroline will be here any minute. Lizzie walks on as Caroline. Stefan's sorry, there was no other way. She understands. She loves him. Always love him. You can rest and be at peace. You don't have to worry what becomes of me. Because of you, I'm who I am today. Don't worry. I'm going to be okay. You don't have to fear. I'm going to be okay. Awwwwww. And now they have no Elena.
Until Hope appears. Elena, you came back. And the sleeping spell made you look completely different. LOL.

MG figured out Goodfellow is the monster. He'll forget when he walks away. So MG handcuffs himself to Goodfellow. Except now he's cuffed to the stairs. Goodfellow tells him, I always do two things. I break people apart. And the second is what's about to happen. I bring them back together.

They promised always. They said forever. But in the end I'm left alone. I've tried running. But time always finds me. Kaleb moves aside so she can look at Landon. So if forever is just tomorrow, I want to face it with you by my side. If our always is just one more day, it's one day more you changed my life. Elena and Damon move together. Tomorrow, I'll love you always. Crowd cheers. Landon runs out and picks Hope up. Kisses her. Awwww.

**So the sprite pushes conflict to make people learn and/or grow.

Jade wraps Josie's arm. Should be healed by tomorrow. Josie has changed, but nothing around me has. Jade says maybe you should see what else is out there. That's what I'm doing. This place is too tied up in the person I used to be. Also. We shouldn't be a thing, right? I'm way older than you. Used to babysit you. Yeah, it's weird. Josie says but, if you're leaving. I'd kick myself if I didn't kiss you for real. Just so there's no ambiguity. So they kiss.

Ric at the sheriff's door. She smiles. Please don't be drunk. Please don't be high, either. He came to say he told himself for a long time I had to settle because people like me don't get to have a normal life. But you are worth the risk. Gives her the flowers. She takes him inside.

Caroline wrote to Lizzie. Dear Lizzie, hopefully this can give you some perspective on who I used to be. When I was your age, I remember feeling like I was a total mess, like I was waiting to become a better version of me so my real life could start. But it wasn’t becoming a vampire that changed everything. Change is a series of small moments that build on each other, like steps up the side of a mountain. Your life isn’t on hold until you figure everything out. It’s already happening. You’re already changing, moment by moment. And Elizabeth, there is nothing wrong with you. Your brain chemistry creates unique challenges for you, but you are not broken. You are growing and changing everyday, and it’s beautiful to watch.

Hope and Landon at the lake. Saying sorry. Thank you for saving the show. I figured out why I was so obsessed with it. The show is about saying goodbye. Rafael leaving it hitting me harder than I thought. She knows. Tells him he was right about having her dad in the play. Thank you. Always, Hope Mikaelson, always.

Goodfellow and MG. Gives him the handcuff key. Necro wanted him to cause chaos and distract them, but he couldn't help himself. MG says you're not much of a monster, are you? Sprite says Even monsters can be redeemed. Even the ones everyone else has given up on. See you around, mate.

Necro and Alyssa. The soul exchange is consecrated. Life for life. Have you secured a vampire? MG arrives. Take my hand, I'll vamp us out of here. She puts MG out. Yes, I have.

Next ep - last season's finale. Necromancer planning some kind of blood ritual. Everyone at the school is in danger. Hi, Dad.


Legacies EP Breaks Down Musical Episode's Biggest Surprises, Including Spoiler's Emotional Cameo

How Legacies pulled off that Vampire Diaries-inspired musical episode


 

No comments:

Post a Comment