Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

#SupermanAndLois 1.3 - "The Perks of Not Being a Wallflower" live blog

"The Perks of Not Being a Wallflower" 


GREGORY SMITH ("EVERWOOD") DIRECTS THE EPISODE - Clark (Tyler Hoechlin) shares some of his Kryptonian history with Jordan (Alex Garfin) and Jonathan (Jordan Elsass) during a family breakfast. Meanwhile, Lois (Elizabeth Tulloch) and Chrissy (guest star Sofia Hasmik) dig deeper to uncover the truth about Morgan Edge (Adam Rayner). Erik Valdez, Inde Navarrette, Wole Parks, and Dylan Walsh also star. (#103). The episode was written by Brent Fletcher and directed by Gregory Smith. Original airdate 3/9/2021.

Image credit: The CW

Episode 3:

Painting the farmhouse. Testing interior colors. And it turns into a paint war, smearing each other with brushes. Clark catches ear of a mass crash on a bridge. He takes off. She resumes the paint brush attack on the boys.

A big bridge is collapsing! In Asia. Superman saves the day.

Boys ask questions about how he knows how to pick out sounds. What's the most embarrassing sound you've heard? LOL. Clark says every power comes with its own burden. Jordan makes a Gremlins joke. They make the point to the boys of being mindful to protect Clark's secret. Be careful, okay? I can't always be there. Alright.

Lana and husband in the car. It's been a year, Lana. Sarah gets in the car. How did it go with Dr. Lawrence? Sarah says stop asking me about it every ten seconds. Can we go now, Dad?

Sarah and Jordan at school. He asks if they could hang out after school and she runs to her boyfriend.

Clark lifts a tractor to find a leak. He hears sounds coming in. It's chaotic.

Jordan bullied again. Confronted by Sarah's boyfriend. Johnathan intercedes. Jordan's shaking. His eyes flicker red. Clark arrives. This place has really not changed since I went here. Twins ask what are you doing here? He was spying on us.

He brings them home. Jordan's pissed. How long have you been doing this? Clark says it's not all the time. But the boys stay mad and storm into the house.

Clark and Lois at the table. Lois says people aren't interested in talking to outsiders. Boys aren't talking to him. She asks if he remembers the first time she caught him listening. Almost lost her. He spent 2 weeks salary on flowers to get her to talk to him again. She says make them the same promise you made me.

Morning. You both are right. I'm sorry. No more listening in to your conversations. I give you my word. Are we good? John says sure, whatever.

Lois at the paper. A woman comes in. Which one is calling around New Carthage looking for a story? Ms. Powell wants to nail Edge's bastard ass to the wall. Her son was a miner there. Worked there 6 months. Made good money. Then Edge offered an opportunity of a life time. Made him sign an NDA. She plays a recording from her son. This opportunity isn't what I thought it was. Last time she heard his voice. Lois gives her a tissue. A man photographs them through a window.

Sarah is breaking up with the boyfriend. Jordan listens from below and gets pushed by another bully.

Lana running the cheer squad. What's with the timing? Sarah, you're barely paying attention. What's going on? What's got into you lately? Sarah quits and walks away.

Football practice. Jordan suits up! John asks what are you doing? This is a terrible idea. What about your powers? Jordan says I'll go easy. Who wants to play some football? John pushes the issue. Jordan wants to push back. It's raining on them. Coach tells Jordan to get out on the field. And he's tackling! This is my lane now, bro. Coach is gobsmacked. Damn, Jordan is tackling HARD. Taking down all his bullies in play after play. Coach is impressed. But he makes Johnathan run for keeping the existence of his beastly brother from him. Ouch.

**Vast majority of HS football coaches aren't dicks, but I guess this one had to be.

**I get Sarah's desire for privacy and feeling self-conscious about her suicide attempt, but Lana the mom also has a point about wanting to know what her daughter is feeling.

Sarah with the boys at a diner. You two are very unusual people. She says Shaun is everything I'm not looking for. She says we've been in school a week and it feels the exact same. Ever want to change your everything. Lana comes in. Sarah, can I talk to you for a minute? Do you want to explain what happened back there? They argue about attitude vs. hovering. Sarah insists she's fine. Trust me and back off. Lana says you're not telling me everything that happened. Sarah calls their family a dumpster fire. Dad sleeps on the couch every night, Sophie bullies her class, and you can't sleep without taking a pill! Lana orders her to leave. Clark arrives. Sits with the boys. Mom is working late, so it's just us. Clark wants chili cheese fries.

Lois and her editor. Powell's breath smelled of alcohol. Lois wants a chance to prove she's right. Her editor says We're not a paper with the budge to run those kinds of stories. A noise outside. Lois' car is on fire!

Sorry about your car, Lois. She tells Kyle that Morgan Edge is behind this. We just talked to a source about him.

Jordan playing a video game. John asks why did you lie to Dad? He wants to keep football his thing. Jordan says I'm playing so your football buddies back off. John worries about people getting hurt. Dad will find out. Jordan says I'm not doing anything wrong.

Lois on the porch. Clark gives her a drink. She regrets accusing Edge like that. Clark says it's not your first Molotov cocktail. She says maybe I should hand this story off and mend fences. But her gut says there's more to this. He'll support anything she decides. Hugs him.

Clark brings paperwork to Lana. She says Kyle and I barely talk. When we do, we yell. Sophie is mean. And I feel like I'm losing Sarah. Part of me wants to know and the other part is terrifying to find out. She heard Jordan is quite the football star. You mean Johnathan? No.....

Practice. Shaun wants to go against Jordan. Ready? Coach blows the whistle. Jordan puts him on the ground. Then apologizes for kissing Sarah. Pulls Shaun up. Yeah, thanks. Coach approves. Team that plays together stays together. Who's next?

Clark confronts Jordan about football. I barely have powers, remember? Grandpa said my powers suck. Clark admits it was a mistake to go this early. Jordan says everything you do is a mistake. I wish you'd go back to being not around anymore. Clark orders him upstairs. John says I'm with you guys. Clark tells him to go to his room, too.

Outside, Lois tries comforting Clark. He's 14. Figure out the reason behind Jordan's anger and address that. Lois found 3 other employees not accounted for. She's going to New Carthage in his truck. Going to bring it back? LOL Fifty fifty.

John and Jordan. Jordan playing the game again. You don't have to pretend anymore. Malcolm buzzing Jordan.

Johnathan tells Clark you were right. I should've said something. Clark says we all make mistakes. John says Jordan joining the team maybe wasn't a mistake. Maybe joining the team is a good thing. He's making friends. He's happy for the first time in forever. Clark wants them to be happy, but also to be careful. Jordan's strength is elevated. John says It's not like yours. That maybe that puts him level with the other kids. What's the point of having something special if you're not allowed to be special?

Lois arrives. Creepy music. Motel room. She enters. Sharon? Lamps knocked over. TV was on. Man behind her! She runs but not fast enough to get outside the room. He pushes the door closed.

**Johnathan does have a point of Jordan not seeming exceptional at the moment. As long as he can keep his temper under control to rein in the heat vision, there's not much of a problem with playing football. Football isn't only about size.

The man attacking Lois. Tossing her around. She pierced his ear hole with a pencil. That won't help you. No, but he will. Superman flies through the wall and attacks the guy. And he's getting tossed around! Lois checks on Sharon in the tub. Superman gets punched out. Lois yells for him. Clark gets up and freezes the man, then beats on him. Hits him out of the building. Sharon is barely breathing. Lois tells him to speed her to the hospital.

Lana comes to Sarah. I heard about Shaun. I'm here if you want to talk about it. Sarah says she's fine. Lana can't tell anymore. I have no idea if I might lose you forever. Sarah says she's okay. I promise. Lana says we used to be so close and now there's distance. Sarah says I've been honest the whole time. Lana needs to know why it happened. Sarah says I felt trapped, by this town, this family. I never saw myself escaping. All I saw for myself was a life I didn't want. Lana says you saw yourself turning into me. I'm the most full of crap lady in Smallville. When I smile, I feel lost inside. Sarah asks why she pretends? Lana says it was how I was raised. Always smile at your neighbor. Sarah says that's not healthy. You're right. Do you know what life would make you happy? Sarah is figuring it out. Lana, too. They hug. I love you so much.

Jordan leaves his room. Clark in the hall. Creepy lurking one of your superpowers now? Clark wants to show him something. From a chest. When I was in 9th grade, I wanted to try out for the baseball team. My father wouldn't let me. I showed up at the field, but realized the reason I wanted to try out wasn't baseball. It was a girl? It's always a girl. Over 20 years and I still think about it. Be honest with me. Is playing football something you really want? Jordan says yes. And he can keep his powers under control. it's a feeling. Clark gets it. Can I play? Yes. But there's one last thing we have to talk about.

Jordan and Johnathan with Sarah. Friday is Jordan's first game. He asks if she's going? You want me to? She says it might be fun. Clark's the new assistant coach. I bought a hat. Sarah tells them to have fun and leaves. Clark's pretending the water jug is heavy lol.

Editor Chrissy apologizes to Lois. Lois says stories like this happen everywhere but they get missed because there aren't enough reporters on them. She got photos from the gas station by the motel. Why is a person with powers working for Morgan Edge?

A woman with heat vision burns up a man in the car.

Next ep - the struggle between being a Superman and being a father.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment