Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

#Stargirl 2.3 - "Summer School, Part 3" live blog #Thunderbolt

“Summer School, Part 3"
JIM GAFFIGAN VOICES THUNDERBOLT IN THIS EPISODE DIRECTED BY LEA THOMPSON — After getting a taste of the superhero life, Mike (Trae Romano) pleads with Pat (Luke Wilson) to let him join the team. Elsewhere, after seeking help from Thunderbolt, the JSA prepare for a confrontation with The Shade. Brec Bassinger, Yvette Monreal, Cameron Gellman, Anjelika Washington, Amy Smart, and Meg DeLacy also star. Lea Thompson directed the episode written by Turi Meyer & Alfredo Septién (#203). Original airdate 8/24/2021. 







 
Image credit: The CW
 

Episode 3:

Christmas! Decorations, mugs, photos, presents. Pat working on the car. Hey, Johnny, what are you doing down here? Guy in a green suit. Starman asked Stripesy to stay behind, too. Nothing wrong with being a sidekick. But Thunderbolt calls himself a charity case. In my hands, it's another mess for the JSA to clean up. Pat offers him eggnog. My dad's old recipe. Wildcat arrives. They have Solomon Grundy. Came for Johnny. Tells Stripesy to stay put. You have a kid to look after. Pat alone in the garage with his carols.

Paper route on a bike. Mike's tossing them out. And they don't always land on good spots. 3 boys stop him. They want money.

Pat cooking bacon. Courtney says it smells like victory. The Shade has no idea who he's up against. Barb wants her to bring STRIPE. Mike returns. Pat says no one moves until we agree. Tells Mike it's not something you need to worry about. Poor boy feels left out.

On the phone. Give the route to Jakeem, it'll be in better hands. But his boss insists. The pink pen arrives. Mike grabs it to jot the address. Paper boy or punching bag. Wish I was a superhero.

Mike on the route. World around him is off. So Cool! street? Mike wipes out. Picks up a paper and it says SO COOL!!! on the front page. A purple being comes out when Mike reads it! Who are you?! Your best friend and you don't know it!

You are now in control of me, the Thunderbolt! Of the JSA! You're so lucky. Socool is the magic word. His native land doesn't exist anymore. Your wish is my command. Mike wishes he had some water. And he gets drenched. I meant in a class. Rule 1, you have to be specific. A lady comes by pushing a stroller. Mike wishes he was dry. The genie says it's not good when mortals see him. Sent one guy to the ER. Mike wishes he was taller. Genie puts him on a bench. LOL. You can't wish someone to die or back from the dead. Johnny Thunder was his previous master. You are my new one.

Rick late to meeting. He says I had to feed the dog. Courtney tells them about The Shade. Pat says he goes by Richard Swift. There's photographic evidence of him back to 1800s. His powers are shadows. Beth says Dr. midnite is the only JSA we haven't gotten justice for. We have to. Courtney asks how does one punch a shadow. Pat saw The Shade incapacitated once with the staff. Then what? Pat doesn't know.

Lights on. Barb is looking through the archive. A clock is ticking too fast somewhere. She finds a poster. And gets spooked. By Swift! What are you doing here? Charlotte told me where you were. He thought they'd have a treasure hunt together. She says he's trespassing. He says sometimes breaking the rules can be fun. He says he'll know it when he sees it. She dropped her phone. It's dead. Swift says modern technology lets you down when you need it the most. He opens a box and it's empty. Cindy took the black diamond from it. He asks if he can keep the antique box. She doesn't think she can let him. It's part of the Zarek inventory. Light goes out. She runs. Turns it back on and she's alone.

High school. Yolanda isn't paying attention. Then she gets the headache again. How do we stop The Shade once we find him? I can't do what I did again. I won't. Teacher asks them to answer. 1521 Aztecs, why did they disappear? Courtney starts talking about Cortes. And the plague. She's right. Then promises Yolanda. Turns out if you actually read the book, history's not that hard.

3 boys shaking down a Girl Scout. Mike says it's worse than usual. Mike makes a wish to make them stop. Stop signs drop in their path every way they turn. Genie can't stop until they do. That's a LOT of Stop signs coming down! Completely pens them in!

Courtney and Yolanda see a Stop sign drop from the sky. He and Thunderbolt say they're the newest member of the JSA. Stop sign drops on a car. Alarm goes off. Tough crowd. LOL

Pat chews out Courtney about the pen. Mike, no more wishes! Beth wants the goggles fixed. Pat says the genie is like a living monkey's paw. No one can handle Thunderbolt. he's too unpredictable. Pen won't let Pat take it. Pat orders Mike to call him out here right now. I want to speak to Thunderbolt alone. Socool. It likes STRIPE. Pat trying to get the genie to focus. Even with power like yours, Johnny died. Socool says his last wish was that I'd make a new friend. Why Mike? You know how it works. I need someone like me. Someone who feels utterly alone. Now Pat feels guilty.

Courtney finds Mike in the parking lot. So I'm in? She says it's not up to me. Pat's your dad. Mike says think about it. You, me, brother and sister. The genie picked me. I'm meant to be a superhero. It's my destiny. Help me try?

The kids tell Pat that Mike deserves to be in the JSA. They voted. They could find The Shade for us. Pat says it's dangerous. But together, they stopped the ISA. And Mike stopped Icicle. Mike says she rests my case. Pat says help us locate the Shade. That's it. Deal? Now they need a wish that's bulletproof.

Writing them out on the board. The FULL board. Super specific. Making sure the wish only does exactly what they want. Purple flame on the map. Zarek's old house. You did it, Mike! Pat tells him to stay in the garage. Mike pleads, but that's what he agreed to. Guard the Pit Stop. It's an important job. And there's food you like.

Barb on the phone with Pat. He gives her the plan. They'll capture The Shade, neutralize him with a tanning bed, and send him to the proper authorities. JSA agreed on the plan.

Mike waiting. Picks up the pen. Sets it back down. And picks it up. Goes to the whiteboard and writes a new wish.

Blue Valley declared the Zarek home historic after they....departed. Rick is amped. Kids enter. Pat says be quiet. They search. He's in the dining room. Oh my. Quite the assembly. I hope I have enough biscuits. Do sit down. The tea is perfect. Pat asks Shade what he's doing in Blue Valley. Same sidekick, different star spangled...kid. Stargirl. Of course. Let's try the genteel approach. Beth says you don't deserve the nice approach. Shade says you don't know what you're talking about. Don't you teach these children any manners, Stripesy? Please, sit. Interests aligned for a while, but he says he was not friends with the ISA. Icicle was a lunatic. The only thing worse than a man who wants to end the world is one who wants to save it. Though the way your generation is going, I you will end humanity for good. Stargirl says we'll never stop fighting people like you. He says he has no designs on the town. He just wants to be left alone to do what he's there for, which he won't tell them. Now please try the tea. Mike runs in and makes a wish for thunderbolt to attach the Shade and Shade takes care of ALL of them. Without leaving his seat. I'll say it for the last time. Stay out of my WAY. He disappears in shadow. They're freed. Pat asks Mike if he's okay.

Yolanda asks Mike if he's okay. No. Not really. Thought I'd help you guys. But I blew it. She asks if he feels bad about Icicle. Mike says truth is, I was hauling ass. I look up and bam. Ice cubes before I knew it. An accident? Yeah, I guess it was. I'm no hero. Courtney says they looked everywhere. He's gone.

Kids on the couch. Pat and Barb not happy. Courtney tries to defend Mike. Mike says no, I screwed up. I wish the pen was in better hands. It disappears.

Jakeem is playing an old video game. Mom wants you to take out the trash! Mom yells from below. Dad will say what everyone does. You're a loser! Sister leaves. Jakeem says I am a loser. Pen talks to him. Where did you come from?

Pat tells Barb that Thunderbolt chose Mike because he felt so alone. He wants to be part of the team. She says he is. We both are. I think I found something. the book Swift took contained a diamond. Costume jewelry. It was black. Pat says that's the Black Diamond. Something very, very bad.

Beth still can't get Chuck working. Rick comforts her. She says it's useless! Everything's falling apart! He asks what's going on? You can talk to me. Pretend I'm Chuck. She says her parents are getting a divorce. I found some papers. He says papers are just papers. You should talk to them. I would talk to mine if I could. Chuck talks. Hello? She puts the goggles on. You're in danger! Eclipso! He's gone again.

Clock tower. A man stands on it. The Shade opens the old box. Says "He's going to kill those children."

Next ep - The villains are out of prison.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment