Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

#Stargirl 2.12 - "Summer School: Chapter Twelve" live blog #DCStargirl

"Summer School: Chapter Twelve"
THE GREATER GOOD - With the looming threat of Eclipso (Nick Tarabay) hanging over them, Courtney (Brec Bassinger) seeks help from the unlikeliest of places. Meanwhile, Mike's (Trae Romano) search to find Thunderbolt leads him straight to his friend Jakeem (guest star Alkoya Brunson), and Pat (Luke Wilson) goes to extreme lengths to protect Rick (Cameron Gellman). Yvette Monreal, Anjelika Washington, and Amy Smart also star. Greg Beeman directed the episode written by James Dale Robinson. 10/26/21.





Image credit: The CW
 

Episode 12:

home. Empty rooms. Buddy walks around, rips up a pillow upstairs. Breaks into the junk food in the pantry. Chews up multiple shoes. Makes his way to the basement and frees the staff. Chases it around the house, then gets chased. Door opens. They're home. Courtney says I guess someone's feeling better.

4 hours ago. Night over the high school. Beth sneaking around with Jenny. Whoa. Yeah. We had a big fight in here last week. Beth's goggles checking for The Shade. The Ring found dark energy at the theater and the school. Jenny doesn't understand the ring. Beth finds the energy spot. Residue? It moves! ring activates and blasts it. Are you okay? Jenny thinks so. Looks like you fried it. That's probably a good thing, right? Courtney reaches Beth. They run out to

Arrive at the house. Dr. McNyder in an old suit Pat had still. Puts on sunglasses. Like the goggles. Pat apologizes. Charles says let's focus on Eclipso's plan. He's vulnerable without a host as a shield, nor the diamond. He's a being of darkness. What do you suppose injures darkness? Light. Especially from those that carry the light within. That channel hope. Like your stepdaughter. The staff is recovering. Jenny is still learning to use the ring. Doc says Beth Chapel is ready.

Cindy looking around. Sees the Whitmores hugging. Courtney comes over and threatens her. Cindy says the quicker they defeat Eclipso, the quicker she leaves town. Finally admits taking the Diamond was a big oops on her part. Barb says it was really, really, really bad. Cindy will behave for Ms. Whitmore. Heh. Beth arrives. Hugs Courtney. And is not happy to see Cindy. Cindy says I'm offering a truce until Eclipso is nothing more than a stain on the ground. Evil is relative. Jenny's hiding something. Dr. McNyder comes in and says it's so nice to meet Beth. She's giggles Same.

Beth suggests returning the goggles. Midnite says it's safer for her to wear them. Besides, he has his own. She says that's so smart. Show me what you found at school. The residue. He says afterbirth from the pit. The goggles says a full analysis will take 8 hours. He says we'll cut that time in half if we team up. Accept! She's so thrilled. He says you can call me Chuck.

Courtney admits evil is relative. Cindy says the food is so delicious, Ms. Whitmore. Pat will try to get Rick released from jail. Where is Mike? Chasing the lightning.

Radio broadcast. Massive food items all over town. Mike looking for Thunderbolt on his bike. Giant burger. Paper route dropped. Jakeem William.

Jenny sitting on a bed upstairs. Barbara checks on her. You can't help unless you get some rest. She brought a tray. Pat says the ring takes a lot out of you. Save up your energy. Okay. She leaves. Jenny looks at the ring.

Yolanda leaves church. Courtney pleads to talk with her. It's important. You're not the only JSA member that killed someone. Tells her about Bruce Gordon. Pat was there. We can all talk about it together. Ted Grant made the same mistake and had to live with that guilt with the rest of them. Pat can explain. You're not alone. You're my best friend and I'm not the same without you. In less than 4 hours, Beth will lock onto Eclipso's hiding place and we need you bad. Yolanda says telling me makes it worse. I'll never put that costume on again! It's a costume of a murderer. Twice now. She walks away. Cindy spied on them.

**It's weird to see Cindy's hair down. Her gray streaks look different on her like this.
**Yolanda's cool with the world ending. Nice. Teens....ugh. All about the feelings. Never the logic.

Hospital. Pat visits Rick's uncle. introduces himself. Your nephew is a good kid and deep down, I think you know that, too. He made a big mistake, but he's sorry. Please, drop the charges. Something like this, it could ruin his life before it even gets started, you know? And this might not make a lot of sense, but everyone in this town could suffer if Rick doesn't get your forgiveness. The uncle writes on a pad. Pat picks up the note. Go to Hell. Hell underlined. Pat says Rick's parents asked you to look out for him. But you did the opposite. Didn't you? You actually got a talent, you know that? You really do. For finding people weaker than you are and taking advantage of them. A kid. Some waitress. Or your own nephew. You're a bad guy. And whenever I've run into somebody like you. When I was growing up? Back in the Army? Or today? Makes me remember something about myself. I got some bad in me, too. Pat locked the door and closed the blinds.

Supersized food around. Mike finds Jakeem. Where is the Thunderbolt? He was hungry and wished for a big cheeseburger. Got scared. Made his bike fly. Still hungry, so he wished for Chinese food. You idiot, he probably went to China! How long has he been gone? 3-4 hours. Mike says we need to get him back here. Why? Ever heard of the Justice Society of America? Jakeem asks if that's like the Boy Scouts, because he's really bad at tying knots. LOL

**The wishes from a literal genie are hilarious and scary.
**Pat served in the Army, eh? Wonder what assignment?

Home. Barb in the kitchen. Hears something. There's a shadow. Courtney opens the side door. Yolanda's not coming back. Mom....I don't want there to be anything between us. When I was in the Shadowlands, I saw you. You did? And, um, you said some things that....I can't really unhear. Barb says that wasn't me. Courtney knows it was Eclipso. She asks was it hard raising me by yourself? I can handle the truth, promise. Yeah, Of course. But there was nothing I wouldn't have done for you. There were a lot of things that I could have done, but none of them compares to you. That's why it scares me. But something has to be done about Eclipso and I know you're the one to do it. Courtney hugs her. I can't do it alone, Mom. I miss my best friend.

Yolanda at home. Cindy on the windowsill. I thought you were dead. Blame Courtney. Yolanda says don't come near me! Cindy says don't flatter yourself. We don't need any weaklings. I want Eclipso so bad, I'm willing to work with Courtney Whitmore. We're allies now. It's true. Since first grade, I admired you. Never dreamed that poster girl would fall this far. You kept Henry's photo.....even after.... Remember that day your photos got texted to everyone's phones? That wasn't Henry. That was me. She pushes Cindy. There's the fighter I was looking for. I'm done. Yolanda's mom asks what's going on up there? Nothing, Mom! Cindy is gone.

**Reverse psychology for the win.

Mike explained why he needs the pen back. I wished it would be in better hands! thunderbolt must have read my mind, but he messed up and picked you. Jakeem asks how am I better hands? Mike doesn't know. The bar is low. Jakeem hasn't had fun hanging out with somebody in forever. Mike says if you want to keep the pen, you get the responsibility that comes with it. You have to help us save the world. His sister tells him he has to do the dishes. Before we save the world, can you help me do the dishes? LOL

Rick released. Pat waiting for him. My uncle dropped the charges? Why? No idea. Jump in.

Courtney and the staff in the basement. Yolanda comes down. Are you out of your mind? Chews her out about working with Cindy. Remember the enemy of my enemy is my friend? Yolanda says once Cindy is gone, so am I. Where's my suit?

Jenny dreaming. Bruce child sees her. Can you see me? The ring glows.

Cindy on the porch. Courtney comes out. You knew exactly what you were doing going to see Yolanda. Yeah. Played her like a fiddle. She'll last longer than you. Yolanda's already embraced her dark side. You have to now. Get dirty. Like the original JSA did. You have to be bad to defeat evil.

Jenny struggling with the nightmare. Everyone is dead. The ring glows again.

The garage. Rick reading about the hourglass. STRIPE being welded on.

Mike and Jakeem working on the dishes. A sister drops off even more.

Yolanda picks up the Wildcat mask. Courtney opens the staff case.

Cindy on the phone with someone outside.

Beth and Chuck. Error. Goggles freezing up. We need a bigger computer system. Beth's dad is always the last at work. Bruce is there. I've been waiting for you. I hope you're not still made at me. Beth says drop the act. We see you for what you are. She sent a trouble alert. Everyone's coming. Eclipso says that's what he was hoping for. It only works if you're all here. For what. Finding the darkness within Courtney Whitmore.

Jenny dreaming.

Eclipso says soon I will feed from your entire world and I will become your god.

Jenny sees a possessed Courtney. She screams awake.

Next ep - finale. Courtney possessed. Are you afraid? You should be very afraid.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment