Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

#SupermanAndLois 2.12 - “Lies That Bind” live blog recap #Superman #LoisLane

“Lies That Bind”
SUPERMAN & LOIS IS BACK WITH AN ORIGINAL EPISODE! — We pick up right where we left off with Clark (Tyler Hoechlin) levitating in front of Lana (Emmanuelle Chriqui). Meanwhile, Jordan (Alex Garfin) and Jonathan (Jordan Elsass) question whether Lois (Elizabeth Tulloch) and Clark are telling them the complete story. Lastly, Natalie (Tayler Buck) tries her best to get Sarah (Inde Navarrette) to acknowledge Jordan. Erik Valdez, Wole Parks, Sofia Hasmik, Taylor Buck, and Dylan Walsh also star. The episode was directed by David Mahmoudieh and written by Rina Mimoun (#212). Original airdate 5/31/2022. 



Image credit: The CW

Episode 12:

Lana says all the strange stuff that happened here, all of that was you. Including the accident. You saved us. you vanished almost right after that night. Clark had to figure out who he was. He was angry and confused. After saving you and Pete that night, I knew what I wanted to do with my life. I realized I couldn't stay in Smallville anymore, no matter how much I wanted to. She asks why didn't you come back for me? I did. You were with Kyle. You should've told me. Did you ever love me? He says Lana, of course I did. She says not enough. He's sorry. She has to go.

Jordan thinks the story is insane. Clark didn't expect Lana to be that hurt. Lois kind of did. Jordan and Jonathan need to go to school. His doppelganger is locked up. Lois wants to warn their Lana against the Bizarro version. She'll reach out. Lois tells him it'll take a bit for Lana to wrap her head around this. Clark leaves to take the boys to school.

Sarah walking in the hall. Jordan and Natalie watch. Jon gets confronted by the athletes. They still blame him for canceling the season. Jordan and Natalie cover for Jon rambling about the end of the world. Natalie suggests he shouldn't be there. Where? Follow me. Jordan says they're so going to get busted.

Lana going over her memories of Clark and Superman. Kyle sits at her booth. She didn't call him back. How is Sarah? The car? Did she love the car? Oh, yeah, she did. Sorry, I should've called you back. He asks if they took a ride. She says they didn't get a chance. Why not? Her phone buzzes. Can you do me a favor and pick up the girls from school? She leaves quickly.

Superman visits Bizarro Jonathan. There's more to you than what I've seen. I want to give you a chance to make up for the hurt you've caused. Help me stop Ally. BJ says maybe if my dad had talked to me like you are now, I'd be on your side. But he DIDN'T. You can't destroy the pendant. My father tried. Ally is a god. The people on my earth will merge with the people on your earth and there's absolutely nothing you can do to stop it.

John Henry says the pendant is nearly indestructible. Sam agrees. Superman needs time. They have an idea. Show him the plans. Destroy the portal with a controlled explosion. Superman worries about the innocents on that other world. John says you can't save everybody, Clark. Sam agrees. We save our own. Clark says the last time you came up with a plan like that, it was killing me. There's always another way. We're going to find one.

Lana lied to Kyle. I've never done that. Lana is not mad at Clark. the man carries the weight of the world on his shoulders. He was just a kid! I don't blame him for not telling me the truth then. I'm mad at you. We didn't have to become friends. You sought me out and I trusted you! I've told you a lot. You've become the person that I call. This whole time, you've kept this huge secret from me. There's nothing real between us. Lois says that's not true. It's not how I feel. Lana says maybe not. But the worst part is you've made me a liar, too.

Natalie swears the boys to secrecy about what she made. A suit. It's a work in progress, but the bones are there. She thinks Jonathan needs it more than she does. It should prevent merging. But she needs a power source still. I need your help digging it out.

Tal reading about the Gold Rush. Superman visits him. Kal gives him a little update. Tal has questions about the other world. You and I are the dest of friends on every other world but this one. Awww. Superman needs to destroy Ally's pendant and he can't do it alone. Tal asks what he gets in return. New books? Ooo, a library card. LOL What do you want? He wants his brother back. Kal says this would be the first step to that. Tal says I saved your life and it wasn't enough. Nothing I do will ever be enough, because it's not you I have to convince, is it?

Lois confronts Clark about Lana's anger. She hates me! Women hold each other to higher standards than we hold men. (SO TRUE) Clark stops her rant. So he can bring her into the other room where Tal is holding a lot of roses. Hello, Lois.

**wonder what Lois' favorite flower is? Clark has to know.

What the hell is he doing here? Clark says I need his help. Tal says he's here to make amends. Clark and Lois argue. Tal doesn't expect her to forgive him. He explains that he thought fulfilling his father's dreams would reunite him with his brother. If I hadn't wasted so much time doing my father's bidding, I might've found a family here. We'll never know. But he swears he'll never hurt someone Lois loves again. Sam and John arrive.

And there's more arguing. Which Lois has enough of. Ally will get to Lucy, Dad! Figure this out!

Natalie and the boys looking for XK. The crystals contain an insane amount of energy. We just hit the mother lode. Let's get to work.

Sarah writing. Kyle stops to pick her up. Where's Mom? No idea. That woman is full of secrets lately. He asks if there's something going on he should know about. Sarah says Maybe, she went for a 6 hour walk. He asks who goes for a 6 hour walk? She learned in therapy that worry is a wish you don't want. He resumes driving to pick up the little sister.

Natalie wishes she brought her dad's mining tool. Jon says they make being smart look cool. Jordan uses his vision to cut the XK out. The XK veins glow up the wall to the ceiling and things start shaking. The cave is going to collapse!

Jon is the first to say run. Jordan rushes them out of the cave-in. Natalie says if Sarah sees you do that, you're definitely getting back together. Where's the bag of XK?

Tal finds it interesting that it was Kal's mother's idea. John says it'll work. Clark asks if he's ready? Tal needs the cuffs off.

Sarah playing on a guitar. Writing a song. Kyle looks at her book. You have enough for a whole album. He was thinking about Lana. you think she was with someone? Like a.....guy? Sarah says maybe. He asks if she's dating already. Sarah has no idea! I'm trying to deal with my own breakup. He apologizes. She says she didn't mean it like that. He says it's okay and leaves to get Sophie.

Kyle calls Tanya's number. Can you give me a call when you get a chance? Dude, don't make any dumb choices when you don't have real info.

Lois visits Lana's office. I came here to tell you I'm sorry. Sometimes I forget how important those two little words are. I was selfish. My life was so different in Metropolis. I didn't have time for friends. Then here, we started hanging out and I felt a connection. Lois wants to earn back her trust now. There's a lot more you need to know. We love you, Lana. It's up to you whether you decide to tell your family. Let's start with Jordan - he takes after his dad.

Superman and Tal in a volcano. Shall we? They use their vision on the pendant. Sam says it's working. They stop because Ally appears! I'm taking back what's mine.

**I'm glad they've kept Tal Rho. His sarcasm is hilarious. And it was nice to see the good version on Bizarro World.

Tal says so that's what looking whole looks like. Can't have that. He rushes her and she sucks energy from him? Then bats him away. Superman checks on him, then goes after Ally. John's on the way to help.

Superman in the sky searching. She starts draining his energy! Sam tells John to hurry. Locked on target. He throws the hammer. Impact with Ally. Superman flies to catch the pendant. Returns to the volcano. John tells them to make it quick, then flies back out after her.

The brothers focus on the pendant again. Sam says almost there! Give it everything you got! Explosion. Blasts them back. Ally lands. Grabs some dust, then flies off. Tal? He's no longer in sight. John says should've kept the cuffs.

**Tal-Rho, what are you up to now?

Clark updates Lois and Sam and John. At least we only need to worry about Ally. Lois isn't worried about Tal. They weren't just flowers, they were peonies. Ah! Sam wonders how they defeat someone as powerful as Ally?

Sarah made salad and hot dogs for dinner. Lana says you're the best. Thank you. You and Dad need to have a conversation. He can tell something's up with you. If you're dating someone.... If you are totally over Dad, you should tell him because he deserves to know. Lana says she's not dating. Sarah says you've been acting weird. Is everything okay? Lana says it's fine. I learned something is a big deal and I want to share it with you. Sophie runs in to get Sarah to watch a video. Lana says there's an internship in my office and you want to beef up your college app. Clark and Lois knock. Ask to talk in private.

Natalie and Jon and Jordan. Giggling about their adventure. John Henry returns. Asks how was school? He tells them the pendant has been destroyed. Boys want to stay for dinner? Cool. Text your folks and you can help make it.

Jordan texts.

Sarah wants to leave and finds the adults. Asks to go out with Dad. Lana says be back by 10. She leaves. Lana didn't tell Sarah. It's not fair to her to lie, either. They told Lana about the doppelganger and Ally. Lana says she's not mad at them now. But I also can't have you in my life or my kids'. I can't lie to them. It's easier if we make a clean break. Lois pleads. Lana says it's the best thing right now.

Kyle brings Sarah to the bar. Where she can sing to entertain. Get up there and show them what you got. Sarah approaches the mic. I'm Sarah Cortez and these are my songs. She starts playing and singing. Kyle watches with pride.

Ally returned home. Tells Lana Rho.

Tal-Rho wants to talk to Lana. I saw your fear. Your plan to save everyone, it's not going to work. You are no savior. She starts sucking life from him! Oh, damn, until she killed him!

Next week - Jordan wants to protect Sarah. Jon thinks he's hated and doesn't have a future in Smallville. Clark realizes he has to let his sons forge their paths.



No comments:

Post a Comment