Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2022

#Legacies 4.18 - “By The End Of This, You’ll Know Who You Were Meant To Be” live blog recap #tribrid #vampires #witches #werewolves

“By The End Of This, You’ll Know Who You Were Meant To Be”
WHAT COMES NEXT – Alaric (Matthew Davis) briefs the Super Squad on what comes next. Hope (Danielle Rose Russell) has a heart-to-heart with Lizzie (Jenny Boyd). MG (Quincy Fouse) helps Ethan (Leo Howard). Cleo (Omono Okojie) continues to test her new powers and figure out her purpose. Meanwhile, Landon (Aria Shaghasemi) takes on a new role. The episode was written by Thomas Brandon and directed by Lauren Petzke (#414). 

Image credit: The CW

Episode 18:

Kaleb set out a magical boundary for Cleo. They're so sweet. She sits in the circle to get a vision.

She's in Jen's workshop. Sees Ken looking at a map. You should not be here. Who are you and how did you invade my dream? He throws a weapon at her and she disappears from the vision. But the weapon is in the room with them!

Ric says the gods are attacking the school, but we get to choose the field of battle. Hope and the Squad. They need phosphorus and sulfur to incapacitate Ken. Lizzie says whoever triggers the explosion won't get clear in time, even at vamp speed. They tell the others that Ethan can't use his powers. Hope has a task for Ric before he returns to his office. Lizzie tells MG to tell Ethan. I'm not good at delivering bad news. And what you said to me right before? MG says our stuff can wait.

Ken had a strange dream. If it means what I think it does, there's something I must attend to. He and Aurora are shacked up together. She thinks sleeping in a metal coffin for a thousand years makes him paranoid. He says he's always been paranoid. It's how he was the only one strong enough to take the throne. He tells Aurora to visit Jen to persuade her to make a weapon that kills the tribrid. Or else what? Ask my siblings. If you can find their bodies.

Landon wants a drink. Necro is bartending. What are you doing here? Filling a void. Monsters giving him coins. Necro promised to send them back to life. Which he can't do. He wants coins if everyone else wants coins. Ferryman walks in. Landon turns to it. Need me to do something? It picks up a beer. Yes.... Come have a drink with me.

Ethan punching a hit bag. Ethan figured the test results are bad already. MG says you can't use your powers anymore. Do you want to talk about it? Ethan doesn't have time. I'll find another way to be useful.

Hope training with Ric. Kali sticks again. He's gotta learn how to work around the bad leg. He wants to talk about her battle scenario. He says you didn't ask who has to detonate the explosion because you know the answer. It has to be me.

Hope says absolutely not. She can't have something worse happen to him because of her. It's not fair. He says it's what Landon was telling you. He says the explosion is the best option, not the fall back plan. She says everyone keeps telling her to accept death, but she doesn't have to choose it. He says use the menticulum. Prove me wrong.

Students setting up the minerals. Jed doesn't trust Ben. Ben says this is bigger than us right now. Jed says he tried to get his dad to take away my curse. I don't want you anywhere near my pack.

Aurora at Jen's warehouse. Your father wanted us to have a little chat. She hears a heartbeat. Jen's in a coffin.

Ferryman changes into a woman! Better? Landon says it's still kinda weird. She says this is my true form. At least it used to be. Landon asks what it happening. She's Lyn. And that is home. Peace. Some like to call it Valhalla. She didn't know she was a god until they met humans. You need to hear the whole story. I need your help.

MG and Ethan walked into town to get a milkshake. Ethan says you're stalling. MG wants him to leave town and go home. A car barrels at a girl. Ethan teleports to her than moves them out of the way.
It's a simulation. MG says you won't be able to stop yourself from helping. That's why you can't be part of the fight.

Kaleb mad at Cleo for not telling him why he's going back into the vision. Be careful and be armed. He tries to take good care of her. I'll be right here, okay? If you're in trouble, I'm coming in. Kisses her hand. She goes into a vision again.
She's in the woods. Ken confronts her. This time, I'm awake.

**Cleo, why do you think it'd be a good idea to enter the mind of a god when you don't have control of him??

She struggles against the roots holding her. Ken says there was a time when your kind and mine worked in harmony. this connection is a hallmark of a unique magical ability. You're of the Furies now. The last of the Furies. I killed them when they stopped being......collaborative. Nature created this space so we can reach an accord. He makes chairs. There's only one person that needs to die - the tribrid. Bring Hope to me and I'll let everyone else live. Refuse, and all the deaths after this will be on you and you alone.

Lizzie asks Hope if she figured out who the trigger man is. Still working on it. Confesses that MG told me he loves me. I froze. Then I chickened out of helping him with Ethan. Hope says maybe you're afraid of an answer. She's avoiding part of the battle plan because she didn't want to know who they lose. I hate this. But you should know who it is.

Kids accidentally set off the fire. Water doesn't work. You have to douse it with a chemical solution. Finch tells Jed he's letting his personal feelings put all of them at risk. Chews him out until he agrees to hear Ben's plan.

Lyn tells Landon about Ken. More and more humans arrived in Limbo. It seemed so unfair. So she did something stupid. Took pity. Helped a mother and child who died for no reason. We colonized their world so I settled them in ours. Ken cursed her to never set foot in home again. She's ferried people for 10,000 years, give or take. Landon says he's sorry. She wants to quit. There's a loophole. She can go home if she can find someone to take her place. Until she met Landon.

Hope calls Ric into the office. I'm right about the plan. This won't be easy for you. You've experienced more loss than someone your age should have to. But the worst is when you have regret. When you're unable to say the things you needed to say. You can't control the rest. Hope says you're right about the strategy. but wrong about who. It's not you. It's Lizzie. She can siphon Ken at the moment of the explosion. She has the best chance of surviving. Say something, please? Ric says you can't ask this of her. Hope already did. It's her choice. Deep down, you know that. He says that's my daughter. Hope says everyone here is a son or daughter. Lizzie is the best chance we have at winning. Lizzie opens the door. She wants a second with Hope.

Ken asks Cleo if keeping the tribrid alive is worth so many deaths. She says all tyrants think they're special. They're all so predictable. She throws the knife at him and he catches it. And she can't leave. He's not done with her yet.

Aurora and Jen. This resistance is childish. But Aurora wants no part in torture. Yet she thinks Ken is misunderstood. Jen asks which pitch did he use? Don't tell me you fell for be my queen and rule by my side. you know he can distort his memories so you see what he wants you to see. Jen says he gets what he wants eventually. Always does. I'm stuck in a pattern i can't escape. But at least I know it.

Ethan packed to leave. Ethan tells MG to tell Lizzie how he feels. I already told her. And? God, that girl is so confusing. Bus arrives. Ethan says you're one of the best people I've ever known. She's an idiot if she can't figure that out for herself. They hug. Ethan gets on the bus.

Hope asks Lizzie if she's sure. Yes. Want me to tell your dad for you? Lizzie has avoided enough conversations today. Everyone is in the room. Ric says we need to make memories with the people we love. Pre-victory party.

**Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow, we die. ;)

Lyn and Landon. Why me? Because you remind me of who I used to be. She started out wanting to help people. Even sent people back to life. There's a cost. My heart went numb. It was overwhelming, so I developed the system of coins. Took emotion out of the equation. Over the centuries, I lost my way. Resigned myself to the fact it would never change. And then I saw you give up your chance at peace to help others. You're good at the job, and you've had a life anyone else would use for cruelty or self-pity. You're a miracle. the world doesn't need more people like me. They need people like you, who will find a new and better way to do things. So what do you say? Do you want the job or not?

Ric won't talk Lizzie out of it. She has too much of both mothers in her. He knows her and that she would have an obnoxiously lavish wedding one day. So... He wants to have that father-daughter dance now. Just in case. Awwww.

Landon back in the bar. He told Necro. Who thinks the plan is revolting. how'd you tell her off? Landon said yes. I'm the new Ferryman. Woman. Person. Necro says you can't make me go to Peace. Landon says you don't belong there. But I made a promise to someone who does. Ted is back. If you decide to cross over, you'll stay as Ted forever. Ted hugs him. How'd you know it would work? Landon didn't. Doesn't know how long it'll last. So let's get to the boat.

Kaleb finds Cleo in the forest. It's a trap. Ken grabs him. Has a stake to his heart. Bring me Hope or I kill him in front of you.

Hope calls the crowd to order. I hate public speaking, but I wanted to take a moment to say what you all mean to me.

Kaleb tells Cleo don't do it. Do not give him what he wants!

Hope toasts her friends.

Cleo says it's your eyes. Kaleb cries. And then the stake goes in. She screams and falls to the ground.

Hope says we're going to win. They cheer.

Ben cleaning up the glasses. Jed says dying is the easy way out. Want to make it up to me? See what the turn is like. Stay on the other side of the bars and I won't hurt you. Ben says you can't hurt me. He wants to be there.

MG in the kitchen. Want one? Lizzie says you were wrong today. It can't wait, what I have to say to you. There’s no guarantee that any of us lives to see tomorrow, and if I don’t get a chance to say this, I will regret it always. For the longest time, I thought I was dying in the Merge. So what was even the point of thinking about the future? And then I realized — I have no idea if we’re going to make it through this. And apparently the timing between us will never be right. … I never allowed myself to want something that was good for me because I didn’t think I deserved it. I didn’t think I deserved someone like you. And I don’t know what’s going to happen next, but I think you’re amazing. I'm going to kiss you now. Cleo interrupts. Whispers he's.....dead.

Next week - Hope confronts Ken.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment