Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2022

#Legacies 4.19 - “This Can Only End In Blood” live blog recap #tribrid #witches #werewolves #vampires #godsandgoddesses #savelegacies

“This Can Only End In Blood”

TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS – Hope (Danielle Rose Russell) presents a challenge to Ken (guest star Luke Mitchell), which he has to accept. Cleo (Omono Okojie) is set on revenge. The Super Squad prepares for the battle of their lives. Meanwhile, Landon (Aria Shaghasemi) has some unexpected visitors. The episode was written by Benjamin Raab & Deric A. Hughes and directed by Jeffrey Hunt (#415). Original airdate 6/9/2022. 




Image credit: The CW

Episode 19:

Jen welding the weapon. Ken pacing. How much longer? Jen is smithing something never made before. Chill. He doesn't like her attitude. you'll go nowhere until this weapon is proven. If you are lying to me again, pray to some other god. Hope appears. Gods tend to suck. She's come to accept his terms. Ken says it's disappointing. Hope has come to challenge him to single combat. Once a challenge is issued, it can't be refused. two hours from now, at the school? He accepts, but why wait? Throws the spear at her. She was only an astral projection.

Ric asks how'd it go. He took the bait. Time to go to war.

Memorial for Kaleb. Students holding a vigil with candles.

Ric visits Cleo. She's packed for other plans. Ric says revenge feels good for a brief moment, but it won't bring Kaleb back and it won't make you miss him any less.

Hope and Ben. He says the armory leaves a lot to be desired. But weapons don't win battles. Warriors do. She's nervous. He says your friends have faith in you, Hope. Have faith in yourself. Trust your instincts. Hands her a sword. She takes it.

Lizzie training. MG tells her she can do this. You just need to put up the shield in time. He says there's only so much loss he can take right now. So please, Lizzie. She promises Ken is the only one dying today.

Ric and Hope outside. Go over the plan. We're ready, Hope. Ready as we'll ever be. He hugs her. The sky darkens. Get into position. The show's about to start.

Jed looking for Ben. Finch says worry about those of us who can die. He says he should be thinking of the pack. But he's afraid. Tells Finch to look out for the pack if things go sideways. She says just until he's back.

Darkness. Aurora lands. Hello, little bird. Were you expecting someone else?

**Uh oh. Is it within the rules for Ken to send a proxy? Without the knowledge and acceptance of his opponent?
**Hope should be able to defeat Aurora. If she wants to. While old and experienced, Aurora is still only a vampire.

Hope says Lizzie was so sure you changed. Aurora says you can't stop being a Mikaelson and I can't stop hating everything you stand for. Aurora calls out the trap. I can hear the wolves. You're not the only one who can cheat. What did you do to them? It's nothing I did. Go on. Go help your little friends. Hope says they can handle themselves. My fight is with you.

Ben finds the wolves all turning at once. Where's Jed? Finch tells him he has to get out of here now.

Lizzie and MG and Ric have to get to safety. MG says lure the wolves into the tunnels below the school and Lizzie seals them in with a barrier spell. Ric will hold them off. Red wolf arrives and lunges for him.

Landon talking with a dead person. Asks for a personal thing instead of coins. Locket. Kaleb arrives in the bar.

Cleo in Jen's warehouse. Jen is chained up. Figures out Cleo is not there to save her. You're here to kill my family.

Hope fighting with Aurora. Hope tries to set the spear on fire. Doesn't work. They spar. Aurora slices the hem of Hope's jacket. Hope gets a cut on her side. Red oak making its way through your bloodstream to your heart. Nature telling you you've overstayed your welcome, Hope Mikaelson. It's time to die.

**Jen said stab the tribrid through the heart. A cut might not be enough to kill. Similar to the ash on the daggers putting Originals to sleep, but not dead. They had to be staked with a white oak stake intact.

Ethan listening to the radio. His sister wants to go to the park. He tells Mya the gods are coming. She says it's not his problem. He can't sit and do nothing. She says you can't help your friends if you're dead.

Hope on the ground. Aurora says best if we make this quick. Hope says it won't erase the pain you feel. Aurora says on the contrary. She's been caught in a cycle she can't escape. Until now. Hope catches the spear, then kicks Aurora away. It's time to end this.

Ben finds Ric. He's mortal. Jed was going after Lizzie and MG. Ric killed him. Sorry. Ben cries in anguish.

Jen and Cleo. Cleo hadn't stopped to think of the people she'd be killing until she saw Jen's face. Jen says my old man brings out the worst in everyone. Jen says the Furies were the only thing Ken feared before Malivore. Read my mind and see for yourself.

MG, your plan worked. All the exists are sealed except this one. Follow the sound of my voice. He says he'll find another way out. Trust me. I'm fine. Go while you still can. She finds him bitten. He says she has to go. She'll siphon the venom. It's not working. She wants to get him to the infirmary. He insists she go. She says just once I was supposed to be protecting you. He says right now you have to kick that god's ass. Because you're awesome. Wolves coming. MG dies in her arms. She weeps.

Hope ready to kill Aurora? Nope. She frees her. What is this? Hope says I'm trusting my instincts that you're not too far gone. That you can change. There was a side of my father you never saw. A side that was decent and kind and generous. He didn't want pain and suffering to be all he left behind and neither do I. Break the cycle. Aurora takes her hand. Ken lands in the field. What is this? Having more doubts, my dear? Aurora rushes to him. No. Gives him the spear. Just a ruse.

**Will Aurora listen to her better angels, or choose survival over all else? She has to know Ken is using her.

The weapon is effective, my lord. Hope says you could've been killed. Don't do this! I saw the doubt in your eyes. It was real. Ken says you wasted your chance with mercy. Hope disagrees. So they launch at each other.

Kaleb and Landon alone in the bar. Landon says he can only do it once. Part of me will change. My emotions. My empathy. I'll start to fade, until......I don't actually know. Kaleb won't ask him to lose his soul. Landon will do it for everyone. We only get one shot at this. I'm asking you to make it count. Jed and MG come in.

Hope gets overpowered. But she's not quitting. Ken says you're delaying the inevitable. There's no one coming to help you. Your attachments were your weakness. Hope says they made me stronger. He blasts her with lightning. Thus ends the legend of the tribrid and the legacy of Klaus Mikaelson forever. The spear is raised. Aurora takes the hit!

Hope rushes Aurora away. I loved your father as much as I hated him. I wanted him to change for me. But I wasn't enough. He changed for you and I saw everything in you I couldn't have. I'm sorry. Hope is, too. For not seeing this side of you sooner. Aurora says we're all complicated, aren't we? You have the best parts of him in you. I did too little too late. You can do more. Go. Finish this, and never forget who you are. Aurora's dying, gasping for breath. She desiccates and is dead.

**Why did the spear kill Aurora? It's metal.

Ken is pissed. Come and face me! I'm in the mood to spill some blood! Ric and Ben appear. Ric jumps in front of Ben to take an arrow. Lizzie arrives. Grabs his hand. Get my dad help! Lizzie says this is for MG! Ethan arrives. His nose is bleeding. On the count of 3. He takes her away before the explosion. She appears next to Ric and Ben. Where's Ethan? His clothes are left behind. But Ken LIVES. He's burned. Hope says he's mine. Get them to safety. I'll handle him. Lizzie heals Hope. Our side bond might be gone, but you and I are bonded for life. Hope thanks her, then marches to Ken. He says you can't kill me yourself.. It won't stop her from trying. Then you will die alone. Lizzie says she's not alone. MG says neither are you. He and Kaleb and Jed are back. He's the only one dying today, remember? Ken doesn't look so confident now. Hope tells him your move, Ken. He chuckles.

**Ten minutes left. Will we get a hint of what that did to Landon? THe lady ferryman said it took more than one intervention to make her lose herself.

Kaleb breathes fire at Ken. Lizzie grabs him. The boys try to take the spear. Ken says they cannot kill a god! But I can kill you. He throws the spear. it stops before piercing Hope. Cleo takes it! You are a dick and your punishment is her. Hope appears behind him. Takes god magic to kill a god. Throws him into the spear Cleo holds. He's gasping. Guess what that spear is made out of? I hope you rot in Hell. His body blows up. The skies clear. Kaleb and Cleo reunite. Big group hug.

Jen is released. Holy crap. They did it. High five, Super Squad. High five.

Tending to the wounded in the school. Ric just has a wounded shoulder. Ken's dead, so every curse he placed is gone. Ric is sorry about Jed. Jed says don't be. I'm the one who owes you an apology. You did what you had to to protect them. No hard feelings. Ric would hug him. Ben does it. I thought I'd lost you. Jed says our friend is in charge of Limbo. He sent us back. In the most Landon move ever, he paid the price for us. All I can do is pay it forward. Live the best life I can.

MG talking to Ethan's photo. You made the ultimate hero move. It sucks you're not here to enjoy the world you saved with us. The world may never know who Rescue Guy was, but I will never forget you. What you stood for. Because....I will stand for it, too. I promise.

Aurora gets a Viking funeral. Hope says she deserves the honor. Lizzie says Aurora was a badass bitch. She taught me that complicated doesn't mean broken. I really hope she finds peace. Hope does, too. They light the barge.

Landon in the bar. Talking to the dead guy from before. Ethan walks into the place. I'm dead, aren't I?

Next week - finale. We stick together, don't we? Ris says yes. And no. Hmmm


No comments:

Post a Comment