Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

#Stargirl 3.11 - “Frenemies, Chapter 11: The Haunting” live blog recap #DCStargirl #SaveStargirl

“Frenemies, Chapter 11: The Haunting”
SEEKING FORGIVENESS — As Courtney (Brec Bassinger), Sylvester (Joel McHale), and the JSA plot to take down a major threat, the arrival of someone from their past sends shock waves through the town. Luke Wilson, Yvette Monreal, Anjelika Washington, Amy Smart, Trae Romano, Meg DeLacy, Hunter Sansone, and Alkoya Brunson also star. Jennifer Phang directed the episode written by Steve Harper & Maytal Zchut (#311). Original airdate 11/16/2022.

 Sorry this is late! My computer died November 10th and wasn't fixed until the night of November 21!

Ep 11:

1 year ago. Stargirl fighting with Icicle. They both go off the building. Yolanda saves Courtney. Icicle stands up and Mike runs into him with the truck. JSA celebrates.

The shattered ice pieces on the road melted. Darkness flowed over them. The water flows to the sewer and below.

today. Ripped City gym doors are locked when exercisers come to work out.

Below the city, the monitors are still white. Jordan takes his glove off. Ice. He screams as he forces his hand into flesh.

Courtney's house. Ultra Humanite killed the Gambler? However it happened, this is why we need to work together. I know putting the past behind us has been challenging for everybody. But we've made progress. The Crocks are with us and we can get Cindy on board. She's already hunting for him. Pat and Sylvester make Donkey Kong jokes. Pat says you always have to get the last word in on me. Is this what you want? No banter? Just an overly serious conversation that scares the hell out of everyone? LOL. Courtney wants the Mahkents and Cameron on board, too. Knock at the door. She goes to it. Opens. Artemis. Have you seen my parents?

Jordan approaches his house. He's still struggling with his form. Goes to the door. Rings the bell. Lily answers. Mother. Jordan? My son. I don't understand. She hugs him. It's okay, Mother. It will all be okay now. Sofus comes over and hugs him, too. Cameron then. Dad? Jordan smiles. I'm home.

**Cameron's not as happy about Dad's return as his grandparents are. Hmm.......with generations of the family ice power, how do they not know Jordan could reconstitute? They assumed he died even though there was no body or trace of a body. How would they assume so firmly? Did they not look for him? He could've been anywhere.

Snow globe. Jordan says he brought one back from every business trip he took. Like a trophy. Your mother used to love how simple the worlds were inside. Collecting them after she died was my way of honoring her. Cameron asks where have you been, Dad? He says he lost form and awareness. Consciousness. He just had dreams. Took everything to re form. Cameron assk why didn't he heal here? Jordan says he was trying to protect him. Our family was hunted for generations. Once you knew.... He's in pain. i know how hard it is to keep our secret from those you hold close. Cameron says Courtney told me she killed you. Jordan says no. It was her brother. Mike. Why would she tell me that? To protect him. Jordan says he's forgiven them. All of them. They believed what they did was right. And my powers are somehow stronger. Cameron says she said you killed people. Jordan says his actions were for a greater goal. You know me. Cameron says I thought I did. Jordan says he looked at his past actions in a different light. Courtney and her friends... We want the same thing. But we never agreed on how to achieve that. But I think now we can. I want peace. He hugs Cameron.

Cameron is not thrilled. Glad he's skeptical. Shows his character.

Beth found Sportsmaster's mask under the city. The girls in the sewer. Rick didn't return Beth's calls. Beth tracing the signal. there. Behind that door. Artemis rushes there. Mom? Dad? This room is too small for a giant mutant gorilla. What is that? Beth says Courtney......these are human remains. Artemis picks up the mask. Starts weeping. Artemis screams her grief.

Working on the robot. Pat powers it up. Phone ringing. Courtney. Pat gets the news. Mike looks over. What is it?

Barb gets the call. She's at work. And Jordan is back. Hello, Barbara.

**Poor kid. Artemis doesn't deserve to be an orphan - especially on the happiest day of her life.

Barb and Jordan alone. I thought you died. I know. How? Jordan says my abilities extend beyond creating ice. I can somehow become it. I want my life back. My death will be explained as misinformation about an accident. They want to believe it. The people of Blue Valley love me. I lost a year of my life. A year away from my son, my parents, my work. I can't get that time back, but I can move forward. Rebuild. I'm a changed man. She doesn't believe that. You're pure evil. He says Courtney showed me it's possible. I want to wipe the slate clean. I'm willing to help the JSA wipe out Ultra Humanite. It hated the ISA as much as the JSA because we wouldn't let him in our group. She says you freezed Crusher and Paula. He says I didn't want to. Didn't set out to. They came in so fast. It was terrible. But it can end there. All of it. When you're ready to accept my help against the Ultra Humanite, let me know. It really is good to see you, Barbara.

Sylvester at a barn suited up with the staff. Come out, come out, wherever you are, you damn dirty ape. Courtney calls. We found the Crocks. What's left of them. Icicle's back. thought Icicle was dead. He's already gone public. Showed up at American Dream. We need to regroup. Sylvester fires at the barn and destroys it.

Courtney's house. Sylvester mad in the basement. that creep killed me! Pat is trying to calm him. Sylvester wants to draw the line at Icicle. Pat says we have to work together as a team. Sylvester says You didn't make sure he was dead. You have to check your work, Pat, or this happens. Pat wants to use Icicle and Ultra Humanite hating each other as an advantage. Sylvester says the plan is this - I'm taking out Icicle myself whether anyone approves of it or not!

Cameron comes to Courtney. I know you heard. My dad's back. It's a miracle. It's surprising, yeah. He says it means everything has changed. She says nothing changed. Artemis' parents are dead! He says Jordan explained it was self-defense. He was wearing a mask. They attacked and he reacted. How can you say they deserve a second chance, or Cindy, and my dad doesn't? He wants to live in peace. She asks if he sent Cameron here. He says no. No. Whatever happened before.....we can work together like you always wanted. He told me that. Even my grandmother agreed. Let's start over. Please. Think about it. Cameron kisses her. She's confused and conflicted. He leaves.

**Gray areas are uncomfortable, aren't they, Courtney? You have to decide where your lines are and it's not as easy when dealing with villains.

**Sylvester's unhinged. Explains the title of the next episode, though.

Jakeem and Mike. He wants to wish that Icicle doesn't have his powers. He reads the wish to make Jordan a normal human. The genie says if I took his powers away I'd kill him. Mike rants at the pen. Thunderbolt says I'm sorry, I can't help with what you're asking. Cindy enters. The doors were unlocked. She says it's a lot for anyone to do on their own. Let's team up. Really? Yeah, sure, why not. Welcome to the Young All Stars! She says we have to work on that name. Jakeem says she's sitting on my bed. Heh.

Jordan looking at the mural. Hello, Courtney. She says whatever you're doing, whatever you're planning, we're going to stop you. He says if you're important to Cameron, you're important to me. We can be allies. We can be a great team. When he first regained sentience, he thought about revenge. But vengeance has no purpose. It's misguided. Primitive, even. He learned from watching her. You changed people. She lists his sins. No one can just ignore that! He doesn't expect her to forget. Just forgive. Then we can work together. All of us. Then you and Cameron can start again. Thanks for hearing me out. He walks away.

**Hmm, well, original Jordan was good at playing a long game. And charming. He still could now. Is he sincere?

Still night in town. Mahkent library. Jordan standing in front of the snow globes.

Artemis pacing in her bedroom. She doesn't know what to do with herself. Trying to get her emotions under control. She throws a kettle ball. Screams some more. Barb comes in. Crouches with her. Come back over. You can't be alone here. Pulls her into a hug.

Yolanda calls her mother. Yolanda? Hola. Yolanda, is that you? I only lied to protect you. What are you talking about? Yolanda tells her mother she loves her very much, then hangs up. Crying.

Sylvester on the porch. Pat comes out. Courtney should be here any minute. Sylvester says she has to agree. She returns. He wants to go after Icicle. She says Jordan says he wants to work together. Sylvester says it's a lie. She says what if it isn't? Jordan Mahkent is using us to save himself from Ultra Humanite. Let me use the staff to avenge myself and my friends.

Cameron in the library. Looking for his father.

In the dark. Jordan. Where? Rustle in the woods. Ultra Humanite. Walks to him. It's time. Well, there's the answer.

Next ep - Sylvester takes the staff. Nov. 30.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment