Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

#Stargirl 3.12 - “Frenemies, Chapter Twelve: The Last Will and Testament of Sylvester Pemberton” live blog recap #DCStargirl #SaveStargirl

“Frenemies, Chapter Twelve: The Last Will and Testament of Sylvester Pemberton”
SOLO MISSION — As the team devises a plan to deal with their latest threat, Sylvester (Joel McHale) takes matters into his own hands and leaves Courtney (Brec Bassinger), Pat (Luke Wilson), and the JSA fearing for what comes next. Amy Smart, Yvette Monreal, Anjelika Washington, Cameron Gellman, Trae Romano, Meg DeLacy, Hunter Sansone, and Alkoya Brunson also star. Jennifer Phang directed the episode written by Turi Meyer & Alfredo Septien (#312). Original airdate 11/30/2022.

 





Image credit: The CW

Episode 12: 

Ep 12:

LA. Decades ago. Dolores Winters wins the Best Actress award. I don't know how to express my gratitude. She gives a charming acceptance speech. Emotional and short. thank you, I love you all.

She watched it on TV. Drinking champagne. A man enters the room. Mr. Standish. The party is long over. Everyone's gone home. I think you should leave. He wants to talk. She says she has a friend on the way. They'll be here any moment. He says he's in love with her. He sees a woman hiding, pretending to be something she's not, but I won't judge you, Dolores. Please. Show me who you truly are. She hits him with the award. Then attacks him some more. He's dead or unconscious. You dropped your trophy. Dr. Ito. You're late. He offers a handkerchief. Who was that? Someone getting too close. Like the Justice Society is. They picked up my trail again. I need a new body. He says he's been making a few improvements of his own. Earning his name of Dragon King. He offers to do the same for her. She has another idea. Albino gorilla. He's intrigued. Almost jealous. She says Won't this be fun.

Whitmore-Dugan house. Pat looking for Courtney. She can't stop thinking about Artemis. And Sylvester wanting to bring in Icicle by himself? Barb says Jordan needs to be stopped.

Basement. Starman's uniform on the bed. Sylvester left a note. He had a few things to do. Be back soon. We have to find him.

Ripped Gym. Artemis in costume. Boxing gloves. The bat. Sylvester says hey. She asks What do you want, Mr. Pemberton? See how you're holding up. She wants to kill Jordan. He knows. But....there's a future your parents wanted for you, and it's not prison. Go to college and be the star they raised you to be. So he gets a pass? Hell no. I'm going to kill him for you.

**So....are you in the camp that some people/evil needs killing? Or the there always has to be another way group?

Rick at home. Wearing the hourglass. Depressing bathroom. He finally takes it off. His vision gets blurry. Light changes colors. He's struggling with reality or pain. To breathe. Normality returns when he puts it back on. Phone buzzing.

Beth wearing the goggles. Rick still isn't answering. Yolanda pacing. Sylvester asks about an update. None. He didn't tell Courtney they were meeting. He says he's facing Icicle himself. They want to come with. Sylvester bugged the Mahkents' living room. Cameron and his grandparents are going to a vigil for his art teacher. The man's been missing for days. When the JSA died, they left family behind. Other JSA's bloodlines died that night. Like me. Mr. Terrific. The Flash. Others that shouldn't be forgotten. So I ask you to find someone worthy. Keep my friends' legacies alive. Beth says you're talking like we'll never see you again.

Cindy with the boys. Down in the ISA HQ. Mike says it's pretty cold down here for a reptile, no offense. She thinks her father's experiments made that happen. It was dormant until she came back from the Shadowlands. Jakeem has an idea. Makes a wish to be taken to the lab that has what they're looking for.

Cameron in his room, pacing. Call or not call. Jordan checks in. Cameron says Courtney hasn't called or texted me back. You have to prove your intentions are good. Somehow. Jordan says your teacher may have fallen prey to the ultra-Humanite. You think he could be dead? Jordan suggests he go after the UH and bring him in myself. Would that be enough?

Basement. Starman. Pat says you're not going alone. Sylvester says it's not your choice to make. It's mine. I can protect myself. I shouldn't even have to say that. Pat says you need out help. Sylvester doesn't want it! Do I have to spell it out for you? You put a bunch of kids in harm's way to make you feel important. Calls Stripesy a loser. You were the joke of the entire JSA. This is coming from the hard truth, okay? You wouldn't stop calling me on the radio. And you came back when I ordered you to stay away! you distracted me on the night of the most important fight of my life and got me killed, Pat! I'm not letting it happen again! You are not a hero. Not then. Not now. You are just a sidekick.

You heard us? All of it. He says it is what it is, kid. She says since the day I found the staff, you've been my hero. But when Brainwave came after me, it was Pat who saved me. When Cindy hurt me, Pat took me to the hospital.After my father took the locket, Pat was there for me. He was there every time I needed him. You're not my hero, Starman. Pat Dugan is my hero. I was so disappointed when I found out you weren't my father. But I thank God every day that Pat is. Sylvester takes the staff. Cosmo obeys him. Deep down, you know it belongs to me. You're not worthy of it. I'll be back after I take care of Icicle.

**How much of that was real Sylvester versus what he thinks they need to hear now? Is being a jerk easier for the sacrifice? Or does he genuinely think he's the big man here and the only one who can get the job done? Yes, Icicle killed him originally and that makes this personal, but he could've confronted him without a word to the others or letting them know when he was doing it.

Night at the house. Pat and Barb and Courtney and the girls. Courtney tells them. Pat wants to get STRIPE and intercept. Beth says they need Rick. Pat apologizes to Courtney. She says he didn't do anything wrong.

The boys and Cindy wandering through tunnels. She spots something. Jakeem, I think you did it. Let's go, idiots!

STRIPE torn up by Sylvester. Zeek saw him leaving. Pat says he's lost his mind. Zeek says Sylvester's doing to you what you did to Mike. You lied to him to protect him. He'd rather we hate him than see us hurt. Sylvester will get himself killed. Grab a wrench! Zeek says it'll take more than a few minutes to put ol' Humpty-Dumpty back together. Pat understands but he has an idea.

Barb tells the girls to call when they find Rick. Open the door and he's there. I need your help.

Torch in the dark. Flame thrower? Mahkent house is dark.

Lab. What are we looking for? A potion? Cindy says someone's been working in here. Her father is supposed to be dead.

Pat looks around. Heads upstairs. Door ajar. Starman grabs his shoulder. Pat says I'm not letting you do this alone. Sylvester thinks he's back from the dead to fight another man back from the dead. JSA should've come back instead of me. this is my destiny, Pat. Pat won't let him do this alone. Let's go. They continue through the house.

The lab. Mike is twitchy. Something is under a sheet. Is that a body? Turn on a light. it's something. She uncovers it. It's my dad. His brain is out of his body. Albino gorilla enters. Hello, my daughter. Dad? Where's the Ultra-Humanite's brain?

Starman knocks Pat out. He falls. Jordan asks what now? Starman says I'll take care of him. Won't this be fun?

**Dun dun duh!!!!! Did you ever suspect another brain was in Sylvester's body??? How did Cosmo never sense it? Shouldn't the staff know this isn't Starman?

I've missed you, my greatest experiment. Well, until now. She tells the boys to be ready to run. Then tells her dad the new look is not an improvement. They flee.

Group with Rick. Take the hourglass off. We need you healthy, Rick. He asks where's Sylvester? He knew about the limiter. He told me about taking it off. Beth read that Rick's father went through this once. The JSA helped him through it. Courtney wonders why Sylvester would tell him to remove the limiter when he knew what that would do?

Pat wakes up tied up. Cosmo is fighting, but Starman tells it to power down. How? I'm Starman. Now. You've been had, kiddo. He's going to bury Pat alive. You're the Ultra-Humanite. Bingo. Where's Sylvester? His brain is long gone. We had some fun, didn't we, Pat? Back in the old days? Starman and the JSA. And now, Starman and STRIPE. Great times. Sad we won't have that anymore. I'm sorry it has to end like this. Pat says you're not Sylvester. Right, yes, of course. Sometimes I get lost in the role. I forget. Pat says stop! Hold on! You don't have to do this. Sylvester. You're my friend, right? That's right, Pat. So let's not have it end like this okay? Help me out of here. Okay. Starman sets the shovel aside. Pat tries to convince him to help. UH says you almost had me, then resumes. Pat says you're insane. I know. It's a beautiful night. For decades, I enjoyed being in that beast. Roaming these woods. The raw strength. Surviving the JSA attacks, one after another. But I got tired of hiding. I missed the adulation. Dolores Winters had. Jordan and Dr. Ito may have plans, but UH did his research. When I got back to you, I was more than ready to play that role. Everyone worshiped Starman. But I needed to cement it. Made myself a victim. You brought me closer to the ultimate prize, the staff. I bonded with it. Thanks to Courtney, the bond with the staff is now complete. At the same time, I needed the friends to stay out of my way. Cindy Burman would see through me, so I got Yolanda to keep her away. Beth to be distracted by her parents. And Rick... I'd hate to be Rick right now. He must be in a world of pain. And finally, your son. Then I put him and his inept friend with the pen in harm's way. That worked out great. It all worked out. Wanna hear Jordan's end game, Pat? Pat? Oh......Bye, Pat. He leaves.

Next ep - series finale. Who will survive?


No comments:

Post a Comment