Pages

Wednesday, May 3, 2023

#TheFlash 9.10 - “A New World, Part One” live blog recap #TheFlashFinalSeason #Arrowverse

“A New World, Part One”
LIVE IN THE MOMENT – As Iris (Candice Patton) receives word of a career milestone, Barry (Grant Gustin) is suddenly nowhere to be found. In trying to get back home, Barry runs across many familiar faces. Khione (Danielle Panabaker) continues to figure out her powers and Chester (Brandon McKnight) works on a suit for Allegra (Kayla Compton). Eric Wallace directed the episode written by Eric Wallace & Thomas Pound (#910). Original airdate 5/3/2023.

 

Image credit: The CW

Episode 10:

 Blue roses. Fabric roses? A man is humming. Suited. Drinks coffee. Checks his pockets. Ready to leave for the morning.

Enters the workplace. Camera behind him. Security guard is reading. Doctor bring him coffee. I think I left my ID badge. In the elevator. Whoa! Rick Cosnett

A New World. Part 1: Reunions. Who is the Light Meta? Chester asks how's it fit? She's wearing a coat of all the fabrics. Like a rainbow. She hates the costume. He suggests just the mask? She wants to be herself and feel comfortable doing it. He says give it back. I'll find a way to recycle these materials somehow. She asks him to come to the house and help her take this off.

Yams are ready. Cecile and Joe at their new house. He cooked. She says it feels so good to be home. It's you and Jenna, you're my home. He suggests going back to the office later, then. He feels like the luckiest person in the world. He calls for Jenna. It's lunchtime, sweetie!

Barry and Iris' place. Then Caitlin's, that's now Khione's with lots of plants inside. She materializes under the door! She named all the plants. Sits to write to her sisters in a journal about her day. So much has happened in 9 months. She refroze a lake for kids to play. ARGUS helping her catalog her new powers. She wishes she could talk to Mark and hopes he's okay.

Barry flitting around. Iris says she wants to give birth now. Want to drink wine again. He's using meta dampeners for baby proofing. Iris gets her Pulitzer nom. Barry suddenly disappears in blue light!

And materializes in the past. Someone carries a Discman. 2000 on a license plate tag. He wonders what did I do this time?

The year 2000. Barry tries running into the Speed Force. Ends up in a laundry van. How the hell do I get out of here now. Cop drives by. Barry heads to the police station. The only difference is the photos on the wall. Detective Singh. I'm looking for Joe West. I'm an old family friend. Singh says West is right back there. Barry says love the hair. LOL. He asks Officer West for help. Have a seat. So. What seems to be the trouble, Mr...... Barry can't tell his name. I'm stranded. I need help to find Tina McGee. Joe gets suspicious. You won't even tell me your name? Barry says if I do or say the wrong thing, everything could change. People have told me if I'm ever in trouble, i can turn to Joe West. There's no reason to trust me, but I'm asking you to. Please. Joe's gut says Barry's a good person who needs help. Now I need the truth. Who are you. Barry sees the calendar. March 18, 2000. I have to go.

Barry calling Professor Stein at a payphone. My names Barry Allen, from the future, and I need your help. Stein thinks it's a prank and hangs up. Barry sees Nora Allen. And his dad. Suddenly, Barry is tossed into the road. Henry stops a car from running him over. She says he looks just like my father. Call 911.

Hospital. Barry wakes in a bed. No, no, I can't be here. Where are my clothes? Henry's there. Nora comes in. What's your name? you didn't have ID on you. Bart. Can we call someone for you? Barry says I can't be here. Henry says you're not alone. Let us help you, son. Barry gets woozy. My blood sugar's just really low. Nora suggests pizza. They want to feed him. Barry says I really shouldn't. She won't take no for an answer.

Joe and Singh at the car scene. Joe says my gut says he needs our help. Singh agrees. Joe hears a whisper and picks up a blue crystal. Then his eyes glow. Singh asks if he's alright. Yeah, never better.

The restaurant. Nora asks about his parents. Barry says they died. Guess I'm still trying to run away from all of it. Nora believes in fate. There's a reason we met, so even for one day, you don't have to go through this alone. They say stay at our house. Barry thanks them. It means more to me than you'll ever know. He bails.

Runs and is still weak. Then Thawne shows up! Barry pushes him into a wall. Barry vibrates his hand. Thawne taunts him to do it. But Barry can't. Thawne says predictable as always. Barry thinks he brought him here. No. I didn't. Oh, Flash. We're going to have the most wonderful day together.

The bar. Thawne toasts to us. You're not thirsty? Thawne enjoys the beer. You seem tense. You should try it. Thinks this is a cosmic gift today. To torture you slowly before I end your existence entirely. Put me in Iron Heights right now and risk the timeline. Or kill me. Which you won't. So I already won. Must hurt to not be able to tell them you're their son. Does it bring back all the pain I've ever given you? Good. Barry asks why are you wasting so much time? Wipe me off the face of the earth right now. Thawne wants one last thing. Say it, Barry. Say it. You win. I can't stop you. Thawne savors that. Delicious. Barry stands. Thawne says you can't walk away from what's about to happen, Barry. Barry knows. I can walk towards it.

Nora and Henry want to look for Bart. Henry says you can't give someone help who doesn't want it. Barry says it's not that I don't want your help. Barry has wondered what he'd say if he had his parents one more day. He says your love made me who I am and I still carry your love inside every day. So will your granddaughter. The Allens love the sentiment. Henry says wherever they are, they're proud of you. They hug him. Start to leave. Nora says Bart? Take care of that little baby. They leave. Barry hears whispers. Follows the voice.

Joe is in a darkened hallway. I know you've been stuck here in the past. Relax, son. Everything's fine now. Barry talks to him like the real Joe. Joe's eyes glow. I've been waiting for it since the dawn of time.

You're not Joe. Who are you. What the hell do you want? To correct the imbalance you created. Barry thinks it's the Negative Speed Force. I'm not the avatar. I'm the real deal. Barry says you want a fight? Fine. Let Joe go. It tells him to shut up and die. Blasts him.

Hospital people are worried. They commission an evac.

The Neg Force walks through the hole in the wall. You're going to experience a world of pain. I'm not afraid of you, boy. Kill me, and you kill your own father. Barry says neither of us can win. It says Thawne died. So can you.

Singh and a doctor. Police will help. Power drops.

Neg Force says no matter where you go or how fast you run, I'll always find you. Taunts Barry. Barry attacks. It's blasting blue into the room. Barry keeps dodging.

Singh is investigating.

Neg Force says give up and die, boy. You have no choice. Barry attacks. Joe?? Joe? It shocks Barry. Tonight, a new world begins. Barry closes his eyes and thinks of his family, then blasts his own power out.

Singh is knocked down.

Barry gets up and goes back to Joe. The crystal is on the floor. It disappears.

Joe wakes in the police car. Looks at his hand. Confused.
Barry running. Flash and Reverse Flash arrive. Barry says I'm here to save you.

You wanna save me. Is this a joke? Barry says he's serious. You told me about the day you gained speed on your own. You wanted to be a hero. Thawne says you saved that crowd. You took my credit. Barry says I'm sorry. Thawne says it's too late. Barry says it's not. We cause each other pain. But tonight you can walk away. Thawne says you know I win tonight. Barry says one battle. Not the war. But if you don't walk away tonight, you will lose everything. Thawne. laughs. Liar. I'm the hero! You're the villain. You dragged me into hell and that's why you die tonight by my hand.

Nora has wine. It floats out of the glass. The event that kills her is happening. Current Barry pauses past Barry.

Thawne running from the house. Loses speed. Gideon, what's happening to me? He's depleted. Noooooo! Flash catches up. Thawne doesn't understand. you saved yourself and let me kill her instead. Why? I had no choice. Thawne figures out it's a fixed point. I'm stuck here to watch you grow up. I'll find a way to destroy you and everyone you love! My life's work will be finding ways to kill you. Barry knows. this night tortured me for decades. Not anymore. I got to feel my parents' love. Tonight brought me peace. I have you to thank, Eobard, and I'll always be grateful. Barry disappears and Thawne screams.

The scientist. Power dropping. Storm outside. He goes to the window. Red lightning. Liquids float. Red lightning strikes him. His body is charged. He gasps awake. Gets to his feet. Classified document file. He picks it up. Opens it. Detective Eddie Thawne. Deceased. He sees his face. Who the hell is Eddie Thawne?

to be continued.....

Next week - Iris looking for Barry.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment