Pages

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

#SupermanAndLois 3.7 - "Forever and Always" live blog recap #Superman #LoisLane

"Forever and Always"
HIDDEN TRUTHS - Lois (Elizabeth Tulluch) and Clark (Tylwr Hoechlin) dig deeper on Bruno Mannheim (Chad Coleman), starting with his connections to Hob's Bay Medical Center, while Jonathan (Michael Bishop) and Jordan (Alex Garfin) panic at home over Lois' dire diagnosis. Meanwhile, Matteo (guest star Spence Moore II) comes to Smallville to meet John Henry (Wole Parks) for the first time, and Sarah (Inde Navarrette) and Chrissy (Sofia Hasmik) start to break the ice. Alvaro Ron directed the episode written by Adam Mallinger (#307). Original airdate 5/2/2023.

 








Image credit: The CW

Episode 7:

Lois coughing at home. Clark next to her while she barfed in the toilet.

Morning. Clark asks if she's well enough to go. I hope so. Babe, they'll postpone if you're too sick. She says she can do this. Clark helps her out of the house. Jon asks if she's okay. She says yeah, we'll be home before dinner. He thinks they're not telling them something.

Nat wants input on which dress. Wants him to put on a different shirt. Matteo will be here in less than 2 hours. Her dad says it'll be fine. It's only lunch. But he says it's important to her, so he'll clean up. And she looks beautiful in the blue. She says she'll ask Sarah.

Lana and Sarah in the diner. Chrissy comes in. She talks to Lana, pleading her case. Chrissy's order is ready. Sarah's bitchy. Lana says don't ever do that again. Chrissy didn't do anything wrong. Sarah thinks Chrissy is too young and it's gross.

Lois tells Peia everything makes her nauseated and she's alternating between constipation and diarrhea. Clark comes back. He checked on a different anti-nausea med, picked up fortificating drinks, and got her fresh ice.

Bruno and Peia at Moxie's restaurant. They work for him. She says she's not the same person as when they were kids. He says nothing will change how he feels about her. She says it's a bad idea. It'll never work. Maybe not. But you're still here.

Peia asks Lois how her boys are handling it. Clark hears something and leaves to check on them.

Jon and Jordan talking to the hologram about Lois. Why can't you help our Mom? The risk is too great. My technology might kill her. Jon says she might die anyway! Clark arrives. Enough! What are you two doing here?

**Well done on the detail of Lois wearing a cold cap! Cold caps help preserve hair follicles when you're getting chemo.

Clark insists Mom will be fine. Jon wants to find another way. Clark says her treatment isn't for you to decide, Jonathan. Jon keeps insisting. Clark says don't you dare act like I don't care just as much as you! Understand me? Go home. We'll discuss this when your mom's done with her treatment.

Lois shares photos. Peia says she doesn't have her phone on her to do the same. Lois says maybe next time. Asks about Bruno Mannheim.

Flashback. Bruno scheming. I don't want to take Lex out. I want to make him a deal. Offer him the rest of the city and we get our neighborhood back free and clear. There's opportunity here! It's a business. We'll grow tenfold if we make this move. They'll think it over.

Peia tells Lois she's only seen him in passing. Lois keeps asking questions. Peia says are you interrogating me? Lois apologizes. Peia says it's my last treatment. I don't feel so great. I'm going to go over there and close my eyes. Please don't follow me.

John and Lana at the market. He says Nat's having her boyfriend over for lunch. They pay and leave. He thinks it's nice Nat has a crush. Lana says they looked smitten with each other. Metropolis isn't that far, if he has a car. Don't scare him away. When you're that age and falling in love, there's no better feeling.

Clark returns. Lois asks if it's okay and he says the boys are at the Fortress. She tells him about the Peia discussion. I'm a horrible human being. Ever since this diagnosis, everything feels off. I don't trust myself as a reporter. Clark says you're close. You just need a little help. From who?

Clark Kent the reporter goes to Bruno's. Bruno is surprised. Clark says it's to "give him a chance to tell his story."

Peia and Bruno. He brought her to an old building. The offices of the factory his mother worked in. Private entry that goes to a station. He bought it. He doesn't want to wait anymore. It's time for us to reclaim the Suicide Slums.

Sitting with Clark in his office. Clark says you've invested millions in the hospital. Every investment you've made has been profitable, except this one. Bruno says he doesn't need to profit from cancer. Clark asks about the criminals being part of the research. How far would you go to cure this disease? Bruno asks how far would you go to save your wife?

Jon and Jordan home. Jon snooping. Mom keeps notes on everything.

Sarah texting. She's at her dad's apartment. Chrissy comes in. Kyle's not back, yet. Sarah won't go to a movie with them. Chrissy says she's not a hook up. I know how it feels to see your dad date. it sucks. But that doesn't give you to the right to go full on mean girl. She gets a text. Kyle is stuck at the station. Movie's off. Sarah says hold up. I heard it's supposed to be funny.

Matteo arrives with flowers. Shakes John's hand. Nat comes in. Matteo is wowed. John's freaked. Matteo's impressed with lunch. John assk if his parents are okay with making the trek back and forth. Tell me about the party you met Nat at. She gets mad he's probing. We're going to the movie. Matteo thanks him for lunch, it was really delicious.

**Matteo has exceptional manners. Not common in kids these days.

Hospital. Lois approaches Peia. I'm really sorry. Sits. You have every right to be upset. I crossed a line. When I let my work bleed into my personal life, it never ends well. Honestly, I don't have that many friends, and I really like you. Going through all of this has been.....unbelievably hard, and I don't know how I could've done it without you. Peia says that's what cancer friends are for. Lois wants to be friend friends. Peia says we're from completely different worlds. this isn't the recipe for a lifelong friendship. Lois disagrees. And I can be really stubborn, in case you haven't noticed. I promise no more angles.

John comes to Lana's office. Was it the boyfriend? No. Natalie? John, what happened to cool dad? He never showed up. I saw the way they looked at each other.....I got really protective. It was like this other person took over. He's terrified.

Nat's still annoyed. Matteo says I'll keep coming back, bringing my A game charm offensive. I'll kil your dad with kindness until he realizes I'm the perfect guy to date his daughter. Nat says you are perfect and kisses him. They buy tickets for the movie.

Chrissy and Sarah. Chrissy has candy in her purse. And gummies that aren't for sharing. Dad's dating a stoner! Chrissy says she goes to Coachella every summer and bad decisions are made and we'll never mention this again. Sarah wonders what bands she saw.

Bruno and Clark argue about what they'd do to save lives. Clark figures this is personal for you. Someone you care about is sick. It's readable all over Bruno's face.

Lois invites Peia to Smallville. Burgers at the farm. Peia says stop. I can't do this anymore. We weren't supposed to become friends. Everything I told you was true. I just didn't tell you about him. Bruno walks up. Clark is behind him. Peia says Everything he's done, it's all been for me. Lois wonders why he kept it a secret. Bruno didn't want people to think about Peia the same way they think of him. Peia's treatment is done. Bruno says now you know the truth. Do what you want with it. He and Peia leave. Lois and Clark left to ponder this new light.

**Chrissy continues to look wrecked this season. The hair color and makeup are not working. I feel sorry for the actress.

Rooftop. Lois can't believe she didn't figure it out. Peia thanks the staff for taking care of her. Most of all, I want to thank my husband. Bruno, you have my heart, forever and always. They kiss. Hug. Let's ring this damn bell. Screw cancer!

Lana and John walking through town. Thank you for talking me off the ledge. He spots the kids kissing. Lana grabs him. You're right. Cool dad. Interrupts them. You and I, need to have a talk. Lana tells Nat to not worry. Then sees Chrissy and Sarah laughing together. I should go. Sarah spots her mom leaving.

John tells Matteo I didn't handle things well. Let me admit to being wrong. you're her first boyfriend. And despite your need to always give the right answer, i can tell you're a good kid. Nat trusts you. I trust her to know you'll treat her right. He says his mother raised him to respect women. If I ever disrespected Nat, I'd be more afraid of Nat than you.

Lois and Clark return home. The boys charge out. You lied about how bad this is. Mom, this is your will! She says this is normal in case things go bad. Jon yells at them about not sharing the ugly truth. Hope? Maybe that works for you as a Kryptonian, but humans like me and Mom, we can't reply on that. It didn't stop your dad from having a heart attack or your mom from having a stroke, and last I checked - it didn't stop Mom from getting cancer.

Clark and Lois in the bedroom. Get some sleep and I'l talk to the boys. She says it'd be better if they heard from both of us. Jon says he's sorry. She beckons the boys over. She says I'm really sick and we've been trying to hide and it and pretend it's fine. Clark says we didn't want you worrying. Lois says this kind of cancer is really bad. Clark says sharing Kryptonian technology on Earth is a risk that's too high. They boys don't want her to die. She doesn't, either. I love you so much. More than anything in the world.

Sarah comes home. Lana says I've not been honest about my feelings. I saw you and Chrissy having fun and it made me sad. Sarah says it was only a movie. Lana says it feels like, ever since the divorce, everyone has moved on. Sarah says maybe it's about being present. If there was anything you could do, what would it be? Shoot off fireworks. She found an old box. Shoot em off and run away before the sheriff comes. Grab the lighter. Sarah's excited.

Clark on the porch. Jon asks if it's a bad time. You tell me. I'm sorry. I know you're doing everything possible to help Mom. I just wish there was more we could do. Me, too. Clark doesn't feel alcohol. But it's something your mom likes. He tells Jon that you're just as Kryptonian as your brother and he's just as human as you are. Fireworks go off. Clark says it's Lana. And Sarah.

Mother daughter hug under the lights.

Jon says it's actually kinda nice. Clark pulls him in. Yeah it is.

Bruno and Peia at home. He offers to get her water. She says she just needs to catch her breath.

Moxie is pissed at Bruno. I'm in charge here. Peia blasts her sound, but not at Bruno. Wow she's powerful. I told you this was a bad idea. Bruno says no. This is our future. Make a life with me, Peia. Forever and always. Peia kills Moxie instead. Then hugs Bruno. I love you, too.

Bruno promises it'll be okay. Matteo comes home. Everything okay? Peia says it's fine. How was your date? Matteo says she's the one. Dad, you'll see. He wants to invite Natalie over. You two have to meet her.

Next ep - Do they still go after Bruno?

No comments:

Post a Comment