Pages

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

#TheFlash 9.11 - “A New World, Part Two” live blog recap #TheFlashFinalSeason #Arrowverse

“A New World, Part Two”
BELIEVE IN THE IMPOSSIBLE; KAYLA COMPTON DIRECTS – Iris (Candice Patton) is alarmed by Barry’s (Grant Gustin) disappearance and Cecile (Danielle Nicolet) assures her everything will be okay, but does she know that for certain? Team Flash is affected by a mysterious substance, and Khione (Danielle Panabaker) develops a better understanding of what she can and cannot control. Kayla Compton directed the episode with story by Lauren Fields and teleplay by Kristen Kim (#911). Original airdate 5/10/2023.

 


Image credit: The CW

Episode 11:

Blue roses again. Man enters CCPD. It's the doppelganger for Eddie. The police are all looking at his face. He starts talking about the file he found. It doesn't make any sense. there's a photo of Eddie on the Officers Killed in the Line of Duty wall.  A woman says We need to talk.

Part 2: The Blues.

Team Flash meeting to dicuss Barry's disappearance. Cobalt radioactive isotope. Chester says it wasn't an accident. Mark arrives. Khione hugs him. I was just thinking about you, where have you been? He was volunteering all over the world. Cecile reached out to him. They've chatted quietly since he left. He says he's done keeping his distance now. I'm not ready to give up on Barry and you aren't, either. They make plans for searching. Mark says wherever Barry is, we'll find him. I know it.

Iris in her office. Allegra asks what's wrong? Iris found her old draft of the Flash going missing during Crisis. Allegra says he'll survive this. She says we first met Nora who grew up without a father. I thought we'd give her a better life this time. Someone's trying to pull us apart. Like my worst nightmare is coming true. I feel powerless to stop it. Allegra tries to buck her up. Let me help you, and be there for you like you've been there for me. Offers to grab chamomile tea. Be right back.

Allegra spots someone in the hall, like she recognizes them. She gets blasted by blue light!

And the pipe bursts. It's something that's making people cough. Iris is told to stay in her office, protect the baby, and call for help. Reporters pass out. Khione and Mark arrive. It's from the fire suppression system. It's blocking their lungs from getting air. Khione grabs their hands and green flows into their skin. Plant cells in their bodies to help them breathe. They come to. She says don't worry, your lungs are getting used to breathing again. They wonder what the hell she did to them. Khione says they'll return to normal soon. They're afraid, and run away. Iris comes out. Where's Allegra? Find her down in the hallway still. Iris can't wake her.

**A fire suppression system that takes the oxygen out of the room makes sense, but only if humans AREN'T PRESENT!

Allegra analyzed. Cobalt 97 isotope. She's suffering radiation sickness.

They confer about Barry. Mark says any one of us could be next. He asks Khione if she can help Allegra. She says she can only expel the unnatural from a body. Mark suggests Iris go into the Time Vault to be safe.

Dr. Gilmore looks just like Detective Eddie Thawne. His badge changes in his hand, flashing blue. She asks how he found the file. He says we've been through this! Starts with the lightning strike. When I woke up, it was there. I needed to know more. He's frustrated. About to leave. She says she worked with Thawne. He went out of his way to make me feel welcome. I don't think any of us got over his death. He asks what happened. She says he's sadly not the only mysterious death in Central City. He hears someone yell Thawne! Find her! He leaves.

Mark and Khione. Are you okay? She says yeah. She's sad he didn't want to talk to her. He spent 7 months getting his head on straight, so i could accept my grief. But I learned sometimes people grow apart. She says she forgave him before he left. What changed? He says you did! What you did to those people tonight? You warped their bodies, made them into monsters. What right did you have to do that? She says she saved them. He says you tortured them. They could barely speak. They ran away. He thought she was going to be a hero. I was wrong. Khione, you're.....an abomination. OUCH. She leaves. His eyes glow blue. Like when Joe was possesed in Barry's past last week.

**Ad for The Flash movie. I'm curious, but I don't know. It's difficult to want to go see the DC movies now after everything.

Cecille with Iris in the Time Vault. Iris thinks preparing for the baby was too good to be true. Cecille says Barry will come home. He always does.

Chester in his lab. Senses something. Someone's in the doorway. Mark says Khione's gone. He says she felt like a monster. It's like losing Frost all over again. Come one, Chuck. Crocodile tears! Chester's resetting the satellite. Maybe I'll go check on Allegra. Mark offers to finish it for him. Chester thanks him. Leaves the lab. Mark disengages the scan.

It's raining outside. Dr. not Eddie is suffering with blasts of scenes in his head. Eddie's memories of Iris. Iris West, find Iris West.

Mark tells them he picked up Big Belly Burger. Cecille thanks him and steps out. Iris comes out and finds Cecille unconscious and Mark possessed. I'm going to gut you like a fish and your little baby, too. Speed Force Nora blasts him! Leave her alone! Both Forces suffer here. Negative says he'll be back for Iris and the whole Allen family before disappearing.

Team Flash talking about Mark. Nora says the Negative forces are attacking me right now on the cosmic plane. Iris wonders if that's why Barry can't get home. Nora can't find Barry anywhere in time or space. iris tells Chester to get the cobalt scan online. Nora says Khione can help us.

Dr. going through files at Iris' office. Reporter calls for security. You need to leave! He finds a photo of Joe and gets another memory. I need to see how he died. And runs out.

Iris starts a recording. For Barry's eyes only. Show me a picture from our wedding day. She starts talking to Barry about their love. We will never stop fighting for our connection. I'm standing on my own two feet and I'll be strong. I know we'll find our way back to each other. We always do. Flashbacks to Barry struggling with Joe while she speaks.

Khione comes back. Did you just summon me? Who are you? The Speed Force. I used up some last bits of my strength to bring you here. I can't help your friends anymore. It's up to you. Khione thinks Mark's words were right. Nora pushes. you couldn't see that Mark wasn't Mark at all. I'm running out of time, Khione, and so are you. You're denying who you really are. Khione says she's not, she's tried to figure out what she is. You made it snow. What else can you do? She can become any element. I can feel everything all over the planet. Bali. Peru. Every living thing. Nora says you already know what you are. Please, Khione, help your friends. Embrace your power. What if I can't? Then everything and everyone will suffer.

Scan working. Mark's in Caitlin's apartment. A hurricane is about to hit the place. Cecille says that's no hurricane.

Khione bursts in. Neg has been waiting for her. She's the only one to take off the board before he gets what he wants. So, let's do this. She says bring it on.

Something's different about you. She says the Speed Force helped me embrace the power in me. It's a lot of power. But I don't want to hurt you. Leave my friend's body and crawl back to wherever you came from. Nega says to get me out, you have to murder your best friend. Mark is still in here and I'm not leaving this body. If you want to stop me, the only way is to kill Mark.

Gideon, scan me for anything unusual. Iris is having mild contractions.

Crystal in Mark's hand. Khione removes it. Snaps her fingers. Mark's body is turning to dust! The crystal falls on the floor. Sorry, Mark. this is going to hurt. She snaps again. Mark reconstitutes. He collapses. What the hell? She says I saved you. She tries to grab the crystal and it disappears.

Chester sees no radiation now. Cecille feels something. Massive wave of pain.....and also joy? Iris waddles in. Guys, the baby's coming. Wild emotions. I thought Barry would be back in time. Blue light and the Flash shows up. Is it really you? Barry hugs Iris. We gotta get Iris to the hospital right now. Right now? Yeah. We're having a baby!

Hospital. Iris in a gown and private room. Contractions are horrible, but I don't care, as long as you're here. She's sorry she wasn't with him today. He says I thought I'd be afraid. But I wasn't. I felt peace. I'm home now. I'm not going anywhere. I love you, Iris. he steps out of the room to update their friends. Allegra's almost done with iodide treatment. Barry says the crystal is traveling through time. Mark wants to look for the rock before it finds another victim. Khione says are you sure? He says he feel fine, physically. He asks how she saved him. She says she returned him to earth, then raised him off. She's a goddess. Like the Speed Force now? No. I'm connected to all of the elements. And I don't think it's my destiny to protect just this team or this city. I don't think I can stay here. I think I need to leave. What? Not yet. First I'll help you stop the Negative Speed Force. Barry says whatever you need. Then disappears again!

Dr. not Eddie digging in a cemetery. Malcolm. Stop. This is a crime. He says he needs to see the corpse. I look like him! visions of his memories! And there's this voice in my head, pushing, pushing! He laughs like a crazy man. No such thing as a coincidence. He opens the coffin and it's empty. Memories all the way to Eddie shooting his own chest. Iris weeping over his death. then his body pulled up. I remember everything. I shot myself. His shirt is blood stained. The cop says that wasn't you. He says I am Eddie Thawne, and I'll prove it to you. He pulls the bullet out! Now do you believe me? red lightning 

Next ep - I need to find The Flash. Everyone forgot about me! I could've had a whole life. Now's my chance to change that.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment