Pages

Wednesday, May 17, 2023

#TheFlash 9.12 - “A New World, Part Three” live blog recap #TheFlashFinalSeason #Arrowverse

“A New World, Part Three”
THE EXTRAORDINARY; JESSICA PARKER KENNEDY AND RICK COSNETT GUEST STAR - Team Flash works together to figure out how to protect Barry (Grant Gustin), all while being very careful who they trust. Cecile (Danielle Nicolet) is skeptical of the plan after an unsuccessful attempt. Khione's (Danielle Panabaker) confidence in Chester (Brandon McKnight) enables him to convince Cecile to try one more time. Stefan Pleszczynski directed the episode written by Jonathan Butler and & Sarah Tarkoff (#912). Original airdate 5/17/2023.

 
Image credit: The CW

Episode 12:

Eddie recap. The cop believes him, but she insists he go to the hospital and get checked out. He says he needs to talk to the Flash. I'm alive and I need to know why! A vortex opens and sucks her up into the sky!

A new world, part 3. Changes.

The negative speed force is attacking us across space and time? Iris is still in labor at the hospital. She's stable. Cecille gets hit with terror. Then Speed Force Nora shows up. Barry is cloaked in radiation. he's heading to 2049. And so is the crystal. I can't help him anymore. Only you can. If Barry dies and the Speed Force is extinguished, then this timeline is erased forever.

Future - Cecile talks about Barry being in the Watchtower in space. Chester and Allegra are married. Nora West-Allen is part of the team. There's an energy surge upstairs in the museum.

Eddie's in the museum. I'm looking for the Flash. Eddie's in the Hall of Heroes. Eddie sees a video on Reverse Flash. I saw the Reverse Flash die. I died a hero. Dad! I found you! Nora's blonde. Come with me and you can have a daughter. New vortex open. Nora West-Allen grabs Eddie.Sir, are you okay? He asks what just happened. Eddie? Eddie Thawne?

Team Flash trying to figure out Eddie. He's giving off singularity radiation. Chester thinks he can make something to help. Nora goes to talk to him. You really are Eddie Thawne. Are you okay? She says a singularity almost destroyed the city the day you died. Nora says if you didn't so what you did, my dad would've died that day. Eddie says Iris was my reason, and without that, I don't know why I'm here. Nora says you've been given the rarest gift, a second chance. You just have to decide how to use it.

Present team Flash working the problem. The crystal is powerful and hates Barry. Cecille feels guilty she didn't know. Chester says your powers work across time. You've projected your consciousness into other minds before. What if you projected into your future body?

Nora in the time vault talking to her dad. Get here as fast as you can. Watch Tower is on the dark side of the moon. Nora's being talked to....by the crystal she picks up. She's possessed.

**Wouldn't Nora know about the past Negative Speed Force issues, including this one? It's part of Team Flash history.

Eddie looking at Iris' photos. Nora comes back. My mom told me that even though she was destined to be Iris West-Allen, you chose to be together anyway. Then she tells him those vortexes are tied to your emotions. He wants to fix it. Undo it. They decide to go to Mercury Labs.

Present Team set up to project Cecille. Cecille is nervous. Remember, be careful who you trust. You're there to protect our Barry. She goes into the machine.

And then she's in a chair in the future. It worked! Sees her reflection. Chester and Allegra there. Have you seen Barry lately? Since he's been in outer space? She's going to call Joe and Jenna. She hasn't been to the country house lately. Twice a year? Whoa. Chester says I'm sure the family understands we need a heavy hitter like you. Cecille isn't happy at the news. She faints.

Comes back and says she can't do this. I can't. We have to find another way. The guys want Khione to go after Cecille, but she says Chester is the best one for this. Your heart will know what to say.

Mercury Labs. Possessed Nora  asking leading questions. you must be here for a purpose. Maybe it has to do with the other Thawnes. They were a big deal. Or supposed to be. Eddie remembers being told he was the one forgotten by history. Eddie says Eobard was just getting under his skin. She says what if you could get your life back? Negative Speed Force starts tempting him. Need someone to stand up to the Flash. She gets mean at him. Then show me. You can have that life, if you take it. Blue rose. Eddie......choose..... He says it can't be real, and runs out. He's what we need. He's what we've been looking for.  And soon, he will be all ours. Barry shows up! Hugs Nora. He's attacked by the negative energy.

Barry appeals to Nora. Neg says you never figured out the most powerful form of hate is love. Kill your daughter or I kill you. Eddie comes back. What are you doing? this isn't right.

Barry speeds Eddie to Joe's house. Barry thanks him for his sacrifice. Eddie thought this was his life, but I was wrong. Everything's wrong.... He weeps. Barry tells him about the crystal. I don't know how to stop it. Maybe we can together. Eddie says all i know is I used to be Malcolm Gilmore. I had his life and memories, and it was a lie. how is that possible? They see a frame change. Barry says negative tachyons. A false reality for you to live in. Negative Speed Force is the only thing powerful enough. It resurrected you to be its avatar.

Chester finds Cecille. Mark is recalibrating it. She feels like a failure. I made a mistake in my life. Joe and I finally found a balance. Well, in the future, I've only been home twice in a year. Chester says maybe you have a good reason. She says no, I've made this mistake before. I wasn't there for my mother's life because I was too busy working. Now she's scared choosing the superhero life means she loses her family. Chester doesn't believe it. You and Joe love each other. Trust that the legacy you're building is the right one. Your greatest strength is your heart and the dedication to the people you love. That's a real virtue.

Eddie and Barry. Neg needs you to choose to take on its power. It gets inside your head and feeds on hate and rage. Eddie says is bringing me back from the dead evil? Do I go back to being dead? He's starting to trust the crystal. Barry's losing him. Eddie says I can hear it right now. Sometimes I can't tell if it's the crystal's voice or my own voice. My mistake was being a nobody. Everyone forgot about me. And you thanked me by stealing my fiance! But now, I have a chance to change that. If I choose the crystal, maybe I can be the hero. Get the girl and the family I deserve. Barry says Iris isn't your wife. Nora isn't your daughter. You have a chance to start over. Have your own life. It's what Iris would want you to do. Neg calls for Flash. Or I'll tear the city apart! Barry says I have to go, but I believe in you. Whatever happens, you'll make the right choice.

Neg Nora in the square. Flash arrives.

Cecille walks back to the chair. Let's get to work.

Neg Nora chasing Flash. fighting through the city. Barry's keeping ahead of her so far. He appeals to Nora to fight it. Neg lassos him and tosses him into a bus stop. Hard landing.

Iris in their apartment. Eddie shows up. I knocked but you didn't answer, but I know you leave a key by the door. If you want me to leave, I'll go, but I'm your Eddie. She has a gray streak. How is this possible? it's complicated. he came because he has a decision to make. Even if it's for the last time. I just want to do the right thing. But sometimes it's hard to know. He picks up a photo and it changes. Maybe I should stay.

Neg taunts Flash. You'll die in the street like an animal. Cecille stops a car from landing on Barry. I won't hurt Nora. But you, I'll bring the pain. Now get out of her head! And stay out! Nora exorcised. Superhero Cecille is called Virtue.

Eddie says it's a second chance to put things right. All you have to do is say I do. Iris says you said there were three people in our relationship. It was always Barry. We will help you. But I love Barry, I love our family, and I love the family we built together. I'm sorry that's not with you. Eddie says you'll regret that. You, Barry, and everything you both love.

Nora and Barry hug. Lightning over the city. Eddie, what did you do?

You're the Barry from 2023 and the Cecille from 2023 but in our Cecille's body? The attacks are happening simultaneously. Speed Force lives in the Allen family. Timeline is fracturing. How long do we have? Chester isn't sure, but not long. Barry can't time travel. Warn the team in 2023. Iris shows up. We need to talk.

Barry tells Iris she's beautiful. She says she hasn't seen him like this in so long. It's weird. She can't believe Eddie is doing this. It's like he was seeing things, hearing things. Barry doesn't know how to stop what's coming, but he'll do whatever it takes to protect their family. She knows. And we're happy. No matter what challenges life gives us, we face them together. Always. He can't wait. Then he disappears again.

Blue rose. Eddie in the lab. Why bring me back only to show me what I can't have! What did I do to deserve this?! It's speaking to him. Crystal in a box. He lifts the cover. Images in it of a family. Iris. Guess that's why they call it the blues. They're waiting for you. Tell me what to do. Accept our power. Eddie sees the evil speedsters. End the legacy of Barry Allen forever. Eddie opens a vortex.

Next ep - series finale. Speedsters versus Speedsters. Run, Barry. Run.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment