Pages

Tuesday, June 20, 2023

#SupermanAndLois 3.12 - "Injustice" live blog recap #Superman #LoisLane

"Injustice"
MICHAEL CUDLITZ "THE WALKING DEAD" GUEST STARS - Lois (Elizabeth Tulloch) and Clark (Tyler Hoechlin) clash with Jordan (Alex Garfin) over his carelessness around using his powers in public, while Jonathan (Michael Bishop) struggles with Kyle's (Erik Valdez) change in behavior at the firehouse. Meanwhile, Sarah (Inde Navarrette) grows frustrated with Lana (Emmanuelle Chriqui) after she accidentally makes things more complicated with Jordan. And finally, after seventeen years behind bars, Lex Luthor (guest star Michael Cudlitz ("The Walking Dead") is set to be released from prison. Sudz Sutherland directed the episode written by Michael Narducci (#312). Original airdate 6/20/2023.

 




Image credit: The CW

Well - a lot of news since the last episode, huh? First, we got a renewal! But season 4 only has 10 episodes. And budget cuts. We lost Dylan Walsh. And everyone but the Kents and Lex Luthor have been demoted to recurring or guest stars.

Thank you, Nexstar deal.

Episode 12:

Tulips. Lois on her bed with her laptop. Healing is a fulltime job. Clark washes her hair next to the bed.

She stands in from of the mirror and looks at her flat chest. Buttons her shirt. At some point, you have to decide, that who you are now, is going to have to be enough.

Bruno's confesion has been out there for weeks and Lex hasn't been released, yet. Lois worries Lex will get even. He's coming after us.

Prison. Man doing pushups. Stryker's Prison. Man tells him the judge made a ruling. Discharge. Gather my things. I'm a free man.

Smallville High School. Sarah wants to forget the accident happened and move on. George Jr. wants people to know there's another superhero. He did an interview. He thinks the savior was our age. Goggles. A hoodie. Jordan says maybe it is someone our age. A badass. Kids laughing.

Chrissy is sick. Lois wants to go to the Gazette. She gets a call from an old colleague. Someone new with powers. Sounds like a kid. Saved a couple teens in Smallville. Heard about it? I hoped I could pick your brain. Clark wants her to say no, but Lois agrees.

Lana and Sarah in her office. It's about Jordan. The new superhero thing. He was bragging. I lied to everyone, and then he brags about it. If he doesn't care about his secret, I shouldn't, either.

Lex. Flashback to when he was imprisoned. He had hair then. Lois watched him taken away, and he saw her.

Lex offered a ride. Just make sure Otis arrives at the time discussed. Lex has a wedding ring and a photo of a young girl. He drops the ring and tucks the photo in his pocket. Walks out of the gate and on the road.

**Nice use of the gritty music for all the Lex scenes so far. Lois making such a point back then to put him away.

Firehall. Bazoombas fed to the firefighters. Kent, you forgot my sandwich. Go back and get it. You messed up my order. Kyle says we let the kid finish his meal. Kyle is challenged. Says he's not a fan of hazing. Tells the other man to go home for the day. Jon apologizes. I should've double-checked his order. Kyle says I'll talk to him. You keep making your old man proud.

Sam and Lois and Clark talking about the Jordan story. How do we fix this? Put the kibosh on Jordan. No more saves. Lana comes in. Sam asks if she started dating. You? Still working on it. He leaves. She tells them Sarah isn't doing well and I'm afraid Jordan isn't helping. I'm afraid Jordan's enjoying his alter ego a little too much.

Lex still walking in the middle of a road.

Lex in prison with hair. Walks up to the barber. He wants the clippers. 5 dollars. Prisoner wants 5000. Luthor says 5 dollars and you can keep your cell. And you can keep your teeth. And maybe you can still walk. Lex gets punched. Then they hold him. Hit him again and again. He grins and laughs.

Lex walking.

Jon wants a fair shot. Why does it matter who my dad is? Parents come home. Jon wants to be one of the guys. But you don't get to be normal when your dad is Superman. They need to talk to Jordan alone.

He says so what if I'm seen when my face is covered. They ask why are you bragging to your friends. Lois says if you're not careful, this could ruin your life. Jordan keeps defending his actions. Clark says I thought you understood the responsibilities. Obviously I was wrong. Until we say different, no more saves. Hand in your suit.

**I wonder if we would've had more of the Fortress this season if the episodes hadn't been cut to 13? 13 episodes had to be a budget cut after 2 seasons. Now we get another for season 4. Poor show. Your parents aren't doing right by you.

**Arrowverse given a whimper of an ending......

Clark got the suit from Jordan. Lois found the article posted already. When the Superman story broke, it was the biggest in the world. Clark says it doesn't seem like Jordan is doing it to help people. He wants recognition. She says we have one son who wants to be treated special and one who doesn't.

Clark goes to see Kyle. Kyle's still starstruck. Clark says I could use a favor. It'd be great when Jon's working here, if you could forget who I am.  He wants to earn his own spot. Be judged on his own merits. Kyle says point taken. Clark says they're grateful. Jon loves working here. They shook hands.

Sarah's anxious for Lana to get home. Lana gets home and tells Sarah she had to talk to the Kents about Jordan. Sarah is just annoyed that Jordan will be mad at her now. Sarah storms off to walk to work.

Lex flashback with the warden. Who is open to bribes. Lex has an offer. Call this number. What happens next is up to you. But your time is running out. It's my home number. Warden dials. Dad, they're going to kill me if you don't do what he says! They took Mom. She was screaming and then it stopped. Dad-- Lex hangs up the line. Lex says those men will wait 5 minutes. Warden nods. Lex says let me explain how things are going to work around here.

Sam at the house. I thought Jordan was ready. He'll keep the suit safe. Lois gets a call. Lex was released from prison this morning. Press is gathered in front of LuthorCorp. Lois wants to go. Clark says not today. Sam leaves.

Prisoners dragged out of their cells and beaten by guards while Lex watches. Warden says as promised. Gives Lex the clippers. Should I tell my men to stop? No. We're going to be here a while.

Lex still walking the center of the road.

Kyle wants to talk to Jon. Spoke to your dad. He seems to think you're getting special treatment. Maybe I did. know that won't happen again. You have my word. I understand why you went to my dad, but you should've come to me first. Jon says I promise I didn't go to my dad. He heard me talking and ran with it. Kyle says we handle things in house. If you have a problem, come to me. Okay.

Lois wonders why Lex would keep his release a secret. It's not his style.

Jordan comes to Sarah at the diner. I'm grounded. She says it's not my fault. I kept your secret. They bicker. She says You couldn't resist talking about how awesome you are. He says it's impressive how she made it all about her. She says it's my life. Stay out of it. Siren. Tornado warning!

Clark tells Lois to get in the basement and leaves.

Sarah tells the customers to get away from the windows.

Sam sees the tornado along the road. There's a road block. People had stopped their cars. Sam tells them to get under the overpass and lay down. Tornado is coming. Superman flies into it. Jordan shows up to stop the SUV from flying. Sees his suit.

Joins his father to help. Clark tells him to go home. Superman blowing cold at the storm.

Smallville folks hiding as much as they can.

Firefighters preparing.

Sam tells the people under the bridge to stay down.

Superman and Jordan blowing on the tornado......and it finally dissipates. Superboy lands and the crowd swarms him with cameras snapping. Jordan smiling for selfies. Superman lands. Clark and Sam are NOT happy at Jordan enjoying this attention.

**Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Night at home. Footage of Superboy everywhere. Clark and Lois yell at Jordan. After everything we warned you would happen, you just....forgot? Jordan says he didn't. I just didn't care. He says he can't do all the rules. Clark says as long as you live under this roof, you will do what your mother and I tell you. Jordan tries to push past. Clark isn't moved. Go up to your room and stay there. And don't you ever do that to me again. Sam says you have to rein him in.

Sarah cleaning up. George comes in and shows her footage of Jordan. This is the guy that saved us. Don't you get it? He probably lives here. We might even know him.

Jordan smiling at social media on his phone. Jon comes in. Tells Jordan that Dad talked to Mr. Cushing. They sit for video games. Seeing you take on that tornado? Badass.

Clark says we need to keep Jordan busy doing something else. Lois says he's at that age. She wonders where Lex went. Clark hears something. He's HERE. Lois says I'd have to face him at some point. This is as good a time as any. She and Clark walk out on the porch. Lex says it's been a long time.

Lex walks up on the porch. Helps having powerful friends. Farm out in the country. Not what I expected from you. Lot's changed. You got pregnant. Had kids. Twins are 16 now? You are not discussing my children. What about your cancer? She says my doctors are optimistic. Lex says you should've listened to me. I always said I was innocent. Lois starts to give him an apology. Lex yells at her. My daughter was 14! Now she won't talk to me! I want to never read your words again! I'm not asking. How it happens, I don't give a damn. Clark says you need to leave. Now. Car arrives. Lex says my ride is here. Lois says don't ever come back. Lex says you better retire. Tell Superman he's next! Walks to the SUV. Right on time, Otis.

Flashback to Lex shaving his own hair. Tells an inmate to sweep it up. The man in a wheelchair now. Lex sits for his meal. I'll have my usual. It should be out in 20. He sniffs and drinks his wine. Everyone else at attention.

Did you find Dr. Hook? And the truth about what he was doing for Mannheim? That thing is alive. I want to see it for myself.

Lana online. Sarah comes home. Lana says sorry about earlier. Sarah tells her about Junior. Lana says we agreed to keep the Kents' secret. Sarah is over it. Lana asks what would she do, if anything? Sarah wants to die her hair. Put this version of me in the past. Lana agrees.

Lois isn't quitting the Gazette. Jon comes downstairs. He's worried about Lex Luthor. Lois says what's important now is that we're ready for whatever he's planning. Any idea what that might be?

Lex in the dark. Searching with a flashlight. Bruno had ambition, I'll give him that. He and Otis looking in the wreckage. Something in the dark. Bizarro eating rats. Poor Supes. How do you want to approach? Bizarrow tackles Otis and there are screams and ferocious sounds like he's being eaten.

Next ep - season finale. Lex wants to kill the Man of Steel.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment