Pages

Tuesday, June 6, 2023

#SupermanAndLois 3.11 - “Complications” live blog recap #Superman LoisLane #RenewSupermanAndLois

“Complications”
BEST LAID PLANS – Clark (Tyler Hoechlin) helps Lois (Elizabeth Tulloch) prepare for a procedure but must leave the boys with her to help John Henry (Wole Parks) and General Lane (Dylan Walsh) track down the Mannheims. Meanwhile, John Henry and Nat (Tayler Buck) butt heads over her desire to help Matteo (guest star Spence Moore II), and Bruno’s (Chad Coleman) plans go awry as Peia (guest star Daya Vaida)'s condition worsens. Story by Brent Fletcher & Todd Helbing and teleplay by Katie Aldrin & George Kitson. Jai Jamison directed the episode (#311). Original airdate 6/6/2023.

 





Image credit: The CW

Episode 11:

Police cars rushing to a scene. Where is it coming from? Superman lands at the chaos. No bullets! When is this going to stop, Superman? I'm working on it.

Sam on with Superman. I can't tell where she and Bruno are hiding. Sam tells him we need to stop her.

Doctor working on Lois. Prep procedures for her mastectomy. Clark is hearing Peia again.

Bruno tells Matteo they'll be halfway across the world tomorrow. The beach was always your mother's dream. She tells Matteo she wanted him to have a normal life. Now..... He says her being healthy again is worth it. Bruno calls for him to give a hand. Yes, sir. Peia's hoarse. She coughs and releases sound waves.

Kyle and Clark. You were such a wiry kid in high school. LOL. Clark says all I ask if for you to keep what I said a secret. Of course! Chrissy is glad Kyle knows now. He says she lied to him. You made me feel stupid. She says I didn't have a choice. you are overreacting. He leaves the Gazette.

Night at the house. Lana brought food. Sarah has to go where she goes until Sarah earns trust back. John and Nat arrive. Lana asks if they're okay. He says the Mannheims can't run forever. But tonight's about Lois. What's on the menu? Bazoombas. Digging into the trays.

Nat talking to Jonathan about missing Matteo. She wants a chance to say goodbye. Tell him how she feels. Sarah goes outside.

Asks Jordan why she's avoiding her. I said I was sorry. He meant what he said. She thought they were friends. So did I. Okay. Well, good luck at the hospital.

Lana's mouth is on fire from the hot wings. Clark says see, they're known for the wings. Lois says this is perfect. I'm ready. Lana gets misty. Who would've known that Bazoombas would make me cry.

Lois coming to the hospital. Sam hugs her. Clark walks her into the room to change and prep. Phone? She says you're enjoying this part way too much. Yeah. LOL. He kisses her. She's all hooked up.

Sam reading in the waiting room. The boys sitting.

Lois asked how she's feeling. I'm ready. Docs on their way.

Sarah tells Lana that the dishwasher's clean. I can't sleep. She's been crying. Jordan hates me. Hates me and I should. I ruined everything. A DUI stays on your record for 5 years. How am I going to apply for college? My life is over. I'm never getting out of Smallville now. Lana wants to book Sarah a therapy appointment.

Nat and John in suits - at Bruno's appartment. She came looking for Matteo. John says he's gone. He made his choice. She says he was helping his mom. John says tell that to the DOD or the people scared in Metropolis. She says I still love him. John says this is about you. If they find him, they'll send him away for a long time. If they don't find him, you'll be pining for a ghost. I don't want you to be stuck in the past. Come on.

Dr. Lincoln is performing Lois's surgery. All the docs introduced. Sam asks about aspiration. Jordan's getting anxious. He runs out with a panic attack. Jon says I got it. Finds Jordan hyperventilating in the hallway on the floor. Tries guiding him through breathing. Clark gets here and figures out Jordan's X-ray vision is coming in. How do I make it stop! Jon tells him to calm down. For Mom. Gets him breathing.

Bruno tells Peia they're ready to go. She thanks him for never giving up on her. Forever and always. Matteo teases them for kissing. Then Peia's in sudden pain and vibrating.

Clark and the others hear something. What was that?

Peia loses control of a sonic burst.

Lights go out at the hospital. Lois says Day's off to a great start.

**Oh, Bruno, your cure wasn't a cure. This is what happens when you mess with alien stuff humans don't understand.

The city power comes back up and down. Sam says the entire city is down. Half the hospital generators are down. Sam needs to call John Henry. Lois says Peia knows today is my surgery. The surge and then silence..... I don't think Bruno's cure worked.

What is wrong with her? Bruno says she needs another dose of the cure. The vials are in cold storage. She's suffering.

Lana comes to Kyle's. Apartment is a mess. Sarah is in trouble. I need your help. Okay. Tell me what happened. She was up all night spiraling. I haven't seen her like this since.....

The waiting room. Jon and Jordan. Jon thinks Jordan should be stoked. Consider yourself lucky. Jordan worries he can't turn it off if it happens during Mom's surgery. He's never looking voer there again - some lady just gave birth to triplets. LOL.

Clark wants to postpone Lois' surgery. She says it took all she has to be ready for today. Let's make it work. Please.

Bruno doses Peia. She says better. See? You're gonna be fine. Then she releases again! Bruno wants more of the cure. Peia says NO. And vaporized the employee! They're all shocked. Matteo says he's getting her help and runs out. Peia says you went too far. I didn't want any of this. Bruno pleads. She says no, you have to stop. Bruno, you can't save me. She tries to walk away and the vibrations are starting to bring down the basement. Bruno's devastated.

Clark kisses Lois. You got this. So do you. Boys say they love her and will be here when she wakes up. Docs take her to the OR. Lois's brave face isn't there so much now.

Clark tells the boys he has to head to the DOD. Jordan tells him don't worry.

Sam asks Superman for good news. He says Lois went into surgery. Sam wonders what Bruno did to her. Superman doesn't know, but we need to find them before it's too late.

Matteo upstairs in the apartment. Nat left the AI cube. She arrives. Are you here to arrest me? No, I've been worried sick. Are you okay? He rambles about his mom being sick. Bruno gets up there with his goons and says get away from my son.

Diner. Kyle and Lana talk to Sarah. He started drinking as a teen. The sadness. My life felt like one bad decision after another. The only time I felt like I wasn't a screw up was when I was drinking. Then the worst decision of all made me aware I hit rock bottom and had to change. Sarah doesn't know if she's there or going to get worse. Kyle keeps encouraging her. She doesn't know what to do. Put down what you don't need and replace it with purpose. Responsibility. Like a..... Help Wanted sign. Baby steps. You gotta start somewhere.

Nat tells Bruno she's here to help. John arrives with the hammer. The kids plead with him to not hurt Bruno. Matteo says my mom needs help. John says stop wasting time fighting me and let us help you. Vibrations. We have to get to the roof.

Peia reaches the outside and everyone's in chaotic pain. She's out of control.

Hospital. Lois is okay for now.

Superman gets a reading and speeds out.

M shaped building is in construction. Peia's facing it.

Peia covers her mouth. Superman lands. Calls her name. He xrays her. She's burning up inside. She tells him to stay away. He says let me help you. She says you can't. No one can now. She can't hold back a scream and aims it at the sky.

The roof. Matteo wants to do something. Nat says you'll die. I'm sorry. Bruno and Matteo grasp each other. Can Superman do anything? John doesn't know.

Hospital vibrating. Jordan xrays and hurries to help. Returns to his seat.

Sam tells Superman to get her out of there or she'll bring down the whole block. She says it hurts too much. Superman says concentrate on my voice. She's worried about leaving her family like this. He says it's okay! It's okay. They wouldn't want you to suffer. It's okay to let go. Like he learned at therapy. She nods and he reaches her. She whispers something. He flies her up into the sky.

The Mannheims watch. There's an explosion in the clouds. Then Superman floats to them. Peia's limp in his arms. He lands gently. Lays her down. Bruno and Matteo rush to her body. She wanted me to tell you she'll love you both forever and always. Mannheims grieve.

Waiting room.

Nat with Matteo. She hugs him.

Bruno still holds Peia's body. John staring.

Sarah has an application at the diner.

Sam gets a text.

Doc comes out to the Kents. Lois is in recovery. you okay? How are you feeling? Like a toy doll that's been broken and put back together. But I'm glad it's over. Clark is proud of her. They tell her Peia lost control of her powers. How did you stop her? I didn't have to. What happened? In the end, I was the only one who could get to her, so I told her it was okay to let go. Tried to make the last moment as easy as possible. Lois is glad he was there for Peia.

Lana thanks Kyle for being here for Sarah.

Kyle goes to Chrissy at the paper. I've been working on being a better man. But sometimes I'm still a jackass. You're right. I overreacted. She says I knew you'd figure it out sooner or later. You may be a jackass, but you're not an idiot. Now make it up to me. Yes, ma'am.

Sam talking to Bruno and Matteo. Bruno will tell him everything in exchange for dropping charges against Matteo. Tells John to promise his son will be looked after. You have my word. And I know exactly what kind of man you are. So, do we have a deal?

Nat's happy.

Lois is home in bed. Nothing but the hest for you, babe. Clark says you amaze me. I was unconscious. You were saving Metropolis. Clark says seeing Peia at the end really hit home. She couldn't have gone through the surgery without him. She's sore. He's going to pamper her until she's better. Love you. Love you, too.

Destruction somewhere.....ohh, it's Bizarro! He's awake and screaming.

Next ep - 2 eps left. Lex is here. June 20.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment