Pages

Monday, February 16, 2015

A Werewolf Wedding - #TheOriginals Episode 14 Recap

"I Love You, Goodbye."

THE BIG DAY — With the final preparations for her union to Jackson (guest star Nathan Parsons) underway, Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) begins to question whether the ritual will actually work. After arriving to the compound, Elijah (Daniel Gillies) has a tense encounter with Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and quickly suspects that his brother may be up to something. Meanwhile, Kaleb (guest star Daniel Sharman), who is harboring a devastating secret from Davina (Danielle Campbell), seeks help from Rebekah (guest star Maisie Richardson-Sellers) when he realizes time is not on his side. Lastly, Cami (Leah Pipes) makes a startling revelation involving baby Hope. Charles Michael Davis also stars. Matt Hastings directed the episode written by Carina Adly MacKenzie & Michael Narducci (#214). Original airdate 2/16/2015.




Image credit: The CW

Recap: Ep 14:

Hope crying in the car. Cami is rushing to find a payphone. She stops, takes Hope out, and drops her change. There's a noise. It's Elijah! Get in the car.

Hayley packing. Klaus says we will deal with Finn! And then what? Don't manage me! Hayley, you're getting married today. You'll be queen to an army, and a queen does not run.

Josh has a magic hangover. Davina has him in her room. Kol brings him blood. Time to go. She asks Kol where he was. You didn't think I could help? You can't call me? Kol offers to make it up to her. By finishing the mystical dagger.

Aiden and Jackson discuss the dead alphas. Klaus comes bearing "gifts"- werewolf heads. The alphas that didn't agree to remove the moonlight rings. Jackson isn't impressed. This isn't your army. Klaus tells him festivities begin at 8 at my compound. It's your wedding day, so do clean yourself up. Jackson wonders if that was Klaus's version of doing a nice thing. LOL.

Freya in a morgue. Opens a body bag. It's what's left of Finn.

Davina and Kol. Ready to do their spell. Chant.

Freya does a spell over Finn's body.

Davina and Kol drop the dagger. think it worked.... They kiss. And kiss again.

Freya chants more, louder. And Kol starts bleeding from the nose. Finn gasps to life. Horribly burned still.

Davina asks Kol if he's alright. He says he's fine. Come to the wedding with me. Fine, but if there's music, we're dancing. Kol calls Rebekah. I need a favor.

Hayley in the closet. Rebekah says I have to miss your nuptials. Kol needs me. She brings in a dress. Hayley thanks her. Says it's beautiful. Rebekah collects dresses. Hayley suggests Marcel is still single. Have you told him you're you? Rebekah is holding off. Isn't sure this will last. Says you're one of us, a Mikaelson. Always will be. Hayley teases that it would be such a nice compliment if it didn't link me to so many homicidal lunatics. LOL.

Aiden and Josh. Aiden tells him about gaining Hayley's power. I think we need a time out. Josh gets mad. Aiden says I'm trying to keep you safe! Josh says I don't remember the last time I was safe.

Jackson and Hayley seeing all the preparations. he asks if she has cold feet. Nope. Klaus interrupts. Someone wants to say hello. Cami and Elijah brought Hope. Klaus says no more running. Hayley takes Hope and introduces her to Jackson. She likes him. Elijah observes.

Elijah finds Klaus. Do nothing to dissuade Hayley from going through with this wedding. Elijah doesn't want Hayley pressured into this. Klaus reminds him family first. Family is always first. Then we won't have a problem, will we?

Rebekah and Kol chanting. He says there is no beating this. She says, so you're giving up? He says it's easy to say when you haven't died. irony is I preferred this go as a witch. I'm just me. For a while, anyway.

Hayley's in her dress. Hope plays on the floor. Cami will watch you. And then I'm not letting you out of my sight. Elijah comes to the door. Hayley stands. He says you look perfect. He wants to tell her-- Don't. Don't say it. She says, I've felt everything for you, and all this time, you were never able to say how you felt about me, and I get it. You're the guy who can't just say what he feels. But Jackson does. And I think I can be happy with him, and I just want to be happy, Elijah. So whatever you were going to say, please don't say it. He nods and leaves. They both had tears in their eyes.

Jackson trying to tie his tie. Aiden offers to help. Sorry Oliver couldn't be here. Me, too. Though I'm sure he had a lot to say. LOL. Jackson figures Aiden's worried about Josh. If he's good enough for you, end of discussion. Hayley arrives. Jackson says wow. Spots his tie on the chair. Everything okay? Yes. She was a little nervous and wanted to see him. Ties his tie. He's glad she's here. Got something for ya. Moss agate pendant. it's your mineral totem. Symbolizes healing and courage. She doesn't know what to say. He figured she should have one thing that's just hers.

Davina arrives. Sits next to Josh. Aiden arrives and asks to sit next to Josh. Davina moves over.

Hayley enters and they all stand. Jackson takes her hand. They walk up the aisle together, then up the stairs to the altar above. His grandmother presides. Klaus watches on the balcony. Elijah beside him. Priestess ties their hands together. And now your vows. Jackson starts. Hayley continues. They trade. To be your family. To be your family. A candle is lit and blown out. Only one ritual remaining. Jackson, you may kiss your bride. He caresses her face and leans in. Elijah can't watch the kiss. Hayley's eyes are glowing. Then the wolves eyes are the same. It worked. Klaus grins.

Elijah asks Klaus what he's planning. Talk to me. Let Jackson have Hayley. His reign will be short-lived. Elijah won't let him harm Jackson on this day. Klaus pokes Elijah about his feelings. You want Jackson dead just as much as I do. In fact, I think you want it more. Klaus, you bastard! And so short-sighted. Even if Jackson is mortal, he's still good for Hayley and Hope. And the wolves genuinely trust him....and care for him. They won't follow you in the same way and they barely know Hayley.

Party in the street. Jackson and Hayley dancing in the parade. Elijah babysitting Klaus. Refrain from any homicidal behavior. Klaus calls him irritating. Elijah says as long as Jackson brings an inkling of happiness to Hayley, you will not harm him. You're acting, thinking out of fear. You jeopardize this alliance. Klaus throws words at Elijah. Elijah says I will not watch you commit this evil.

Aiden and the wolves happy. Davina and Josh together. Davina spots Kol and he's not well. She takes his hand and says it's ice cold. He tells her Finn cursed him. I'm running out of time.

Cami holds Hope. Klaus enters. Thanks Camille for taking care of Hope. She says Hope is actually low maintenance. Want to hold her? This must be overwhelming, but Happy Mom, Happy Dad, happy baby.

The reception. Hayley and Jackson dancing. Aiden kisses Josh. Petals falling. Elijah oversees. Klaus comes down with Hope. He's like to propose a toast. Hayley takes Hope. Klaus says our daughter has returned home. Her name is Hope and she will live here among you among her pack, her family. Teach her and love her as one of your own. Jackson...I invite you and your bride to live here, uniting your proud and noble people in peace. Welcome to the family, mate. He lifts his glass. To Jackson and Hayley. Klaus smiles up at Elijah, who is trying to figure out the angle going on here.

15 minutes left and I'm scared!

Davina and Rebekah and Kol. Kol asks for a minute alone with Davina. I owe you a dance.

Elijah and Hayley. She thanks him for being here. He says everything is exactly as you intended. he's going to move in with Marcel. She says this is your home. He says he's called many places home. She says you don't have to leave. Rebekah comes for him.

Klaus with Hope. Elijah and Rebekah find him. She says I can't help Kol. he won't last the night. They head out.

Marcel notices Rebekah leaving. Gia asks if he knows her. He says I might.

Davina cries while dancing with Kol. He says the stars are lovely. How can you joke right now? I'm not. He starts coughing. Says he wants to be alone for this bit. Elijah says that's not an option. Klaus says always and forever, brother. Glad the family is with him at the end.

Hayley and Jackson. The party is ending. Jackson says you probably want to stay up all night watching Hope sleep and that's fine. She says when I first got to New Orleans, I was terrified, pregnant, and alone. And then a wolf appeared and I was safe. He says I love you and I meant it. She says and that's the first time anyone's ever said that to me. I want you to know that I didn't marry you for all those people. I married you for me. That's what I should've told you. He pulls her in and kisses her. AWWWWW.

Davina chanting. Kol's bleeding again. Elijah and Klaus hold him. Kol says all my life, all I wanted was your love. He coughs again. Rebekah cradles him on her lap. You don't have long. You're going to die. But you will die a witch and we will consecrate your body. I will not leave this body until I find a way to bring you home. Davina takes his hand. He smiles at her until the life leaves him. He dies with his eyes open.

Finn is sitting up and healed. Freya used her pendant. It's a talisman to focus my power. She protected him by having him wear it. We'll need to protect each other from Dahlia. Esther was nothing compared to Dahlia. She took me at 5 years old. It's the magic that will draw her. it's a beacon. She will come and take what's hers.

Next ep - March 9th. Klaus and Hayley argue about how to use the wolves.

No comments:

Post a Comment