Pages

Monday, February 16, 2015

#SleepyHollow Episode 17 Recap - "Awakening"

"Awakening"

A POWERFUL COVEN OF WITCHES THREATENS THE MORTALS ON AN ALL-NEW "SLEEPY HOLLOW" MONDAY, FEBRUARY 16, ON FOX

Ichabod and Abbie fight against those who want to re-awaken a powerful witch coven and Jenny learns a disturbing truth about Frank Irving in the all-new "Awakening" episode of SLEEPY HOLLOW airing Monday, Feb. 16 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SLH-217) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Tom Mison as Ichabod Crane; Nicole Beharie as Lt. Abbie Mills; Katia Winter as Katrina Crane; Orlando Jones as Captain Frank Irving, John Noble as Henry Parish, Lyndie Greenwood as Jenny Mills.

Ep 17 recap:

Ichabod in a library. Librarian gives him tea. He says it's perfect. Abby asks about the titles they asked for. She hasn't found any of these obscure books.

She says we need to put the Witness bond before anyone else.

Town bell is swinging and people are affected. White eyes! They kill those they have grievances with. Then the bell stops and they snap out of it.

Henry chanting in sight of the bell. Uh oh!

Jenny joins Abby and Ichabod. Says Irving is evil. He told me. Told me to get his family out of town. Ichabod says there may be a way to buy time. The Gorgon's head? Turn people to stone, right? Yeah, but there's an alchemical spell that can free them from it again.

Abby and Ichabod checking out the case. All the victims were local, different ages, same fugue state......these are supernatural events. Witchcraft. They all heard the tolling of the bell. Ichabod says this bell was cast from the same mold of the Philadelphia bell. He says I cracked the original. The Liberty bell? A little. LOL.

Abby asks about the bell. He says many bells were cast from the same mold. The first in 1773. Washington told me to destroy a crate. And a diversion was necessary. He set an explosive charge on the bell. Ichabod says these bells linked to witchcraft makes them dangerous weapons. Abby says we need to talk to Katrina. He says she's been withdrawn.

Katrina chanting. Henry enters. Well done, Mother. Blood magic. Your dark side becomes you. You are my son, Henry. I hoped and prayed you were still alive. You killed Moloch to save me. I did. He says it was destiny. I have so much to tell you.

Ichabod and Abby researching the witch bell. Spell of Awakening. Works on all those with witch blood in their heritage. She says we have to crack that bell. He says he can make more black powder.

Henry brought Katrina home. He has flowers here now. She says she wants to believe him, but it's difficult after what he's done. He shows her the Grand Grimoire. She says they are very dangerous. Henry wants to bring back witches. You mean the Awakening Ritual. He tried it this morning but it didn't take. Says only a pure blood witch can do the spell correctly. She asks to what end? He says a coven 1000 strong with you and eye at the head of it. She asks about Ichabod. Henry says he's not one of us. He never can be. She says you're asking me to give up everything I believe in. He says yes. So we can have the family we never had. Can't do this without you, Mother.

Ichabod in a store. Discovers a power drill. Asks about seasonal items. Abby explains. How do we blow up the bell without taking out the town square. He says there's an underground tunnel.

Push the bell into the tunnels....except they're being fired at. Jenny saw it was Irving. She tells them she has this. She goes after him. Frank says I hope you'd show. Where are my family, Jenny? She says you told me to keep them away from you! She shoots him in the chest repeatedly. His eyes are black. He stands. She runs.

Henry and Katrina arrive to the hell. Ichabod says let her go. But she came of her own free will. Ichabod says you can't trust him. She says he saved me from Moloch. Abby asks what about the innocents? Henry says this is what's promised. Washington said we would be reintegrated into society and didn't follow through on his promise to the witches. Ichabod keeps pleading with Katrina. She says I don't belong here among humankind beside you. Ichabod says if this is your choice, so be it, but you will not have the Bell. She says it's ours and you shall not interfere. They take the bell and wall Ichabod and Abby in so they can't give chase.

Abby and Ichabod in the tunnels. Only have hours. Henry is the source of all our ills. I will not hesitate again. She's glad she isn't in this alone. He echoes that. Let's crack the bell. Where would they take it? He says the bell in 1773 was en route to Town Hall. She says it's been boarded up for years.

Katrina says my coven used to meet here before you were born. He asks if she's having second thoughts. She says quite the opposite. I never should've left you, Henry. He says we're together now and create what we desire most. She says you've given me back my soul.

Ichabod calls out Henry from outside. Henry admires his tenacity.

Irving underground. Looking for Jenny. You can't run forever. But I can.

Ichabod vs. Henry. Abby arrives behind Henry. Henry says you don't have what it takes. Ichabod fires. Henry stops the bullet. Ichabod says you haven't learned a thing. Henry says you abandoned me like Moloch. Ichabod says I didn't know you existed! You're a man out of time like I am, only you hold onto petty grudges like a child. Katrina stops Abby's SUV from hitting Henry. By blowing it up.

Ichabod calls Katrina a murderer. I pulled you from Purgatory, Katrina. Henry doesn't see a body in the car. Ichabod gives a last chance to Katrina.

Abby trying to blow up the bell. Henry flings her aside.

Jenny on the run. She gets the Gorgon head. Frank says nowhere left to run, Jenny. You used me. You didn't visit me. Stop pretending you care. Tell me what I want to know, Jenny! She says they're afraid of you! He says when the bell tolls, they'll know what's in their blood.

Henry tied Abby to a stake. Katrina tells Henry to join your power with mine. Ichabod is tied up with Abby. He has pistols with Greek fire charges. And she has flint and steel. Katrina and Henry chant. The bell starts ringing! So many awakening. Abby and Ichabod discuss Henry. He may be mortal. Duty above all else. She'll take Henry, you take the bell. Now! Abby fires and hits Henry. Katrina tries healing him. He says save the Bell. Finish our work. Ichabod kneels with Henry. Henry burns up from the inside. His body turns to ash.

Frank falls and pukes black smoke. How'd I get down here? Jenny, how'd I get here? Cynthia, Macy, tell me they're okay. It's me, Frank. How do I know that? You don't. She goes to Frank. You better not be lying to me. She hugs him.

Ichabod appeals to Katrina. This is not your fault. She attacks. It's yours! You are the source of my sorrow, Ichabod Crane! I never should've saved your life. I should've let you die! And this time, I will. She takes the spellbook and chants. Abby tries to grab her and they both disappear.

The woods. Abby wakes. Katrina! She gets her phone out and there's no service. She finds the road, which is not paved. A wagon rolls by, a carriage. Village of Sleepy Hollow, pop. 1400.

Katrina is a nurse again. She looks in a mirror. The traveling spell worked. Jeremy, I'll never leave you again.

Abby at the message board. It's 1781. People are staring. She's confronted for papers. Put her in shackles so she causes no harm. They lock her in a cell. She offers info. Only one person I'll talk to - Captain Ichabod Crane.

Next week - season finale. Ichabod doesn't die. History might be changed.



The season finale is next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment