Pages

Friday, April 8, 2016

#TheOriginals episode 3.17 - “Behind the Black Horizon” #JoMoDirects

“Behind the Black Horizon”

ELIJAH AND FINN TRAVEL TO MYSTIC FALLS IN THIS EPISODE DIRECTED BY JOSEPH MORGAN — When its discovered that Freya (Riley Voelkel) has been kidnapped and is in the hands of a dangerous new threat, the Mikaelson brothers are forced to put aside their differences in order to save her before it’s too late. Following a lead that brings them to Mystic Falls, Elijah (Daniel Gillies) and Finn (guest star Casper Zafer) run into deputy Matt Donovan (guest star Zach Roerig), who does not take well to new vampires in his town. Meanwhile, Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) work together to uncover the motive behind one of Lucien’s (guest star Andrew Lees) secret agendas, while a troubling shift in Kol’s (guest star Nathaniel Buzolic) behavior leaves Davina (Danielle Campbell) concerned for their future together. Charles Michael Davis and Leah Pipes also star. Joseph Morgan directed the episode written by Declan de Barra & Diane Ademu-John (#317.) Original airdate 4/8/2016.

Image credit: The CW

Episode 17:

Freya walked out into the woods. Lucien says Vincent is a necessary evil to keep you in check. Vincent says I'm not here of my own volition. Lucien made a deal with the Ancients to get rid of the Originals. We're here. Vincent asks where? Lucien says welcome to Mystic Falls, the place where it all began. Where Esther created the vampire species. Lucien wants to become an Original. With an upgrade. Freya says you're insane. Lucien needs her blood and bites her. She screams.

Davina and Kol in the bar. No Vincent. She says something's not right. Vincent's missing. St. James is the one place magic doesn't work. Why would he want to meet here? She spots a tarot card. And a message. Play me. Vincent's phone. He made a video here. Magic is our enemy. The Ancestors are forcing me to help Lucien, and Freya's going to die.

They show the video to Elijah and Finn. Kol says there's an echo of a body soul connection between Finn and Vincent. Davina doesn't know if it's possible. But she does have Vincent's blood. Finn agrees to the plan. Kol gets mad. What could possibly go wrong?! Davina asks Kol for his help, drawing him away. Elijah and Finn will go. Finn says I'm only in to find Freya.

Hayley put Hope with her in-law. Klaus tells her Lucien has taken Freya. She says you want to go back to New Orleans. Go. She's going to stay on Kingmaker. Klaus says no, we'll pursue this one. All roads lead to the same treacherous bastard.

Freya's blood in the bowl. Vincent says enough! Lucien says there's a spell that needs doing. Pours something in the bowl, then gives a book to Vincent. The spell that created the Originals. Vincent tries to say no, and the Ancestors give him a migraine again. So he has to do this.

Davina scrying. Kol says we need to get more specific. She says the closest she can get is Northern Virginia. He says Mystic Falls. Not a coincidence. You have to get more specific. He's getting angry again. Apologizes. He gets an idea. Davina says Cami is my friend. If you can't play nice, I'll go get it! He says he'll behave. Let's go.

Freya taunts Lucien. He says I used to think your siblings gods. Once I saw they were not worthy, I decided I would become their better. He found the prophecy and knew he was its living embodiment. My rise shall be their downfall.

Nice car. Mystic Falls. Elijah and Finn stop for a train. Birthplace of all our sorrows. Elijah says Kol has a plan. 900 years in a box. Zero patience. Finn says it's all a joke to you. Being daggered for decades and for centuries are very different things! Finn was entombed in his own mind. Utter loneliness. Endless.

Cami with curly hair. She's looking for the dark object Kol wants. He's testy. Davina tells him to get out. He does. She apologizes to Camille. Cami says I've seen that look before. My uncle, after he was cursed. Davina says I'd be able to tell. Cami says maybe I'm wrong. Be careful, okay?

Finn and Elijah in town. Recall the first time we fled together? Finn says The others killed without thought, but I was too dangerous to undagger? Elijah says you were poison. You threatened our very survival, Finn. Finn says I was made that way because of that box! So yeah, I came out mad and I remain so. Elijah's starting to understand.

Lexville, TN. Klaus and Hayley finding these offices are all the same. Exactly the same. Klaus says we keep going.

Finn refuses to let this place be where our sister dies. Suggests they rip through this town to find her. Matt confronts them. Says he just ran all the vampires out of here. So... Visiting hours are never.

Vincent chanting the spell. Mystical flame rises from the bowl. Then Vincent's knocked out. Lucien cackles. Gets the liquid into a jar.

Klaus and Hayley enter. He tries to compel, and the receptionist presses a button. Klaus and Hayley take out the armed guards that rushed them.

**Will Elijah remember Matt?

Klaus and Hayley. Klaus swipes a security card. They find wolves in a lab. And a vampire. What the hell is Lucien up to here?

Elijah does remember. I'll pass your regards along to Rebekah. Matt remembers Finn. You died right over there, right? Come back for some more? Why are you here? Elijah says my sister Freya has been taken. You can go along your business or be disemboweled. Matt says option 3, he's not giving in.

Kol guides Davina through the spell. Once they're in harmony, it should continue by itself. Then it's up to you to concentrate and amplify it.

Finn staggers to the ground. Elijah goes to him. Finn says I know where they are.

Lucien takes more liquid out. Vincent attacks him, but then the Ancestors stop him. Freya protects Vincent. No one has to die today. Lucien says today is the beginning of an awful lot of death. Elijah and Finn arrive with Matt. Lucien drinks. Let the fun begin. Can you get to me faster than I can rip your darling sister's head off? Finn shoots Lucien through Freya with Matt's gun! Lucien falls. Elijah feeds her his blood.

Klaus takes a mask off a wolf. Help me with this one. Hayley offers her blood. I'm a hybrid, it's okay. Klaus says Lucien needed their venom. Harvested the venom, then reverse engineered a cure. The vampire died for the test of it. Hayley asks why he needed to test what already works?

Freya asks where is he? You don't understand. He drank the serum. You helped him take the final step. Lucien rises. Matt shoots him and Lucien laughs. Elijah tries to fight and Lucien easily handles him. Finn attacks and Lucien bites him. Freya tries magic. A barrier spell. She says I can keep this up as long as I need to. Lucien says I can wait a tad longer. I'm going to enjoy making this last a long time. He leaves. Elijah goes to Finn, who's wheezing. His neck looks vicious.

New Orleans. Davina and Kol. Got the news. Kol punches a mirror. Davina says Cami says this might be magic related and I think she's right. This isn't you. Kol says who should I be? I think it's everybody else getting into my bloody business and not knowing when to back off. He leaves. She touches his blood.

Klaus gets the news. Hayley tells him to go. She'll clean up here. Klaus says no, Finn can purge the bite himself. He's earned the agony. She says if there's a chance of making Finn an ally, you should take it. Go.

Finn ranting. He's hallucinating about being alone. Betrayed. Kol comes in. So Lucien's a blood hybrid. Elijah says We don't know what he is. Kol would be happy for Finn to die. Freya says what is wrong with you? Elijah tells them to behave. Klaus arrives. Goes to Finn and offers his blood.

Hayley learns the wolves are from the 7 packs. He's a Paxon. They wanted our venom. They'd pump it into her, then heal her. Except the last time. Shot her up with something so powerful, there was no saving her. Hayley says go. I'm going to burn this hell hole.

Finn says thank you. I feel strangely euphoric. Klaus says I've been known to have that effect. LOL. Kol is still taunting Finn. Finn thanks Kol. Your little witch came through. Today, I glimpsed always and forever, and.... He convulses.

**Poor Finn's not long for this world again, I think. But maybe his soul can go to rest this time.

Finn's dying. Klaus says it's not possible. Freya says get my pendant. Klaus says get Davina here. You will drink until Freya can move you! Finn says no. They gather to him. You're not alone. Freya says I'm with you, okay? I'm with you. He desiccates. Freya weeps. At least this time, he left with his siblings touching him. Feeling them here.

Elijah holds Finn's ashes. They scatter them on the water. You're free now, Finn. Kol says his piece. I loathed you. But I know torment, Brother, so I hope you find peace in the abyss. Freya says when you were born, you gave me a gift. You were my first friend. Today, you gifted me my life and my brothers united, even for a moment. I love you. Always and forever, Brother, till forever ends. Klaus says just know that you will be avenged.

Vincent meets Davina at the bar. I need your help. He doesn't know if he's the guy. The Ancestors have a strong say in what I can and can't do. She says she tested Kol's blood. They're making him lose control. I don't know what to do. Vincent says I used to respect them, but the more I watched them, the more I saw them use people. Then toss them aside like trash. And if you disobey.... They gotta be stopped, Davina. And it looks like it's just gonna be on us to do it.

Freya so sad. Klaus asks Elijah what are we up against? Elijah doesn't know. Hayley says I know. He's harvesting venom to make a more lethal strand. Lucien's venom is from all 7 packs. Freya says he only drank one vial. Klaus says or he made enough for 2. Aurora.

They go to her tomb and...... She's gone. Klaus, this is why you KILL HER.

Next ep - Klaus in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment