Pages

Friday, April 22, 2016

#TVD episode 7.19 - “Somebody That I Used To Know”

“Somebody That I Used To Know”

THE TEAM WORKS WITH RAYNA TO SAVE BONNIE’S LIFE — When Enzo’s (Michael Malarkey) efforts to protect Bonnie (Kat Graham) end up putting her life in jeopardy, they learn that Rayna (guest star Leslie Anne-Huff) may hold the key to her survival. With time running out and Rayna at the reins, Enzo and Bonnie reluctantly team up with Damon (Ian Somerhalder), who is desperate to save Bonnie’s life and to repair their broken friendship. Elsewhere, when Stefan (Paul Wesley) travels to Dallas and comes face to face with Alaric (Matt Davis), tensions escalate and they are forced to confront the fallout from Stefan’s absence in Caroline’s (Candice King) life. Finally, Enzo learns The Armory’s true motives behind their search for Bonnie. Chris Grismer directed the episode with teleplay by Holly Brix and story by Matthew D’Ambrosio (#719). Original airdate 4/22/2016.

 Episode 19:

Bonnie packing the dorm 3 years ago. Puts the unopened letter in a box. Looks at the initials they carved and leaves. People enter with guns. Bonnie puts the box down. Enzo covers her mouth and speeds her away. Tells her to be quiet. He says Alex told the Armory to bring you in. I'm not going to let them. He injects her and she passes out.

Asheville, NC. Enzo asks if she feels well enough to travel. She says she doesn't feel sick at all. Can't believe this is happening. He says it's just a series of unfortunate events. I swear it. Knock on the door. Enzo says Damon wants to help, and we could use it. Bonnie says speak to Enzo, not me. Not one word from your mouth! You lost the right to my attention when you left without saying goodbye.

Dallas, TX. Stefan knocks on Ric's door. No escapades, no Rayna. Thanks for your help, by the way. Stefan wants to speak to Caroline. Ric says she's not here. But he invites Stefan inside.

Enzo and Bonnie in the car. He thought she'd got past the anger phase. She's not. He chuckles. She says Damon showed up with flowers that weren't even her favorite. LOL. They stop the cars at a cabin. Damon's snarky. They enter. Damon says cozy. Where's Rayna? Enzo says storm cellar. Follow me.

Bonnie wakes 3 years ago. Cabin. Fire in the fireplace. She swings a poker at Enzo. Tries her magic and nothing. Enzo says I'm trying to keep you safe! Keep you hidden from the Armory. When the Armory wants you, it's for dodgy purposes. He says research these and figure out why the Armory wants you. Tells her take one of these every day and you'll be safe. He'd rather see her alive rather than dead. Or maybe it's common decency. She says for now, I set the ground rules. He expects nothing less.

She pulls the unopened letter out of her bag.

Rayna scribbling on books and pages. Brain is full of visions. Enzo says it's made her a little loony. She says I don't know how to help your friend. Damon says I usually get what I want, so what if you had help. A hit squad. We'll wipe out anyone on your list for a favor. I want you to die. Enzo, tell her why. Enzo says we'd like to transfer your last life to Bonnie. Damon says if you don't, I'll kill the everlasting and you die anyway. Enzo says ignore him. Here's my offer. You'll have to chase those vampires until you're too old, and too weak. Damon says or you can spend your last days in peace. She says prove you can kill them, and I'll consider your deal. She pushes the pages into his hands. She says the pills will wear off in 48 hours. The Armory will come. And the withdrawal might advance the illness. You better get started.

2.5 years ago. Bonnie got the mail. Pics of the girls from Caroline. She has blueprints of the Armory's basement. Every museum has an archive of good stuff. Enzo points out the letter from Damon. She still can't burn it. He says Damon and I used to mean something to each other, too. Believe me, I know how you feel. It's not you, it's him, just who Damon is. Someone like you, all that fire and passion and loyalty. You deserve much, much better than that.

Ric and Stefan. Caroline and the girls left to stay under the radar. Stefan notices the Justice of the Peace date on Ric's calendar. Ric suggests going elsewhere if Stefan doesn't want a juice box or string cheese.

Rayna sends them to Texas. Your next target is in Richmond. In a bright, clean room. Rayna hopes we can put together enough so you can prove your effectiveness. She's tired. Multiple lifetimes tired. Never had one day off. I want one day without vampires. One free day. Enjoy a few simple pleasures for once, and then go to sleep. Damon asks where next? She's seeing a lot of teeth.

Richmond VA. Damon confronts a big vampire. Big guy tosses him. Enzo grabs him. Bonnie shoots his ankle. Damon and Enzo grab the vamp so she can shoot. Misses the heart. Then Damon decaps him with a wet floor sign. LOL.

1.5 years ago. Cabin. Music and wine. It's NYE. Enzo says dress up, we're having dinner. Please no sweatpants. She comes back in a dress and finds he strung lights and set up a romantic dinner. She says a year ago, this would've been crazy. She says Virgina's journal talked about Alex. Why do you care? They abandoned you. Enzo says you had 2 parents, right? I had none. Curiosity keeps me from hating them for leaving me. She says I think I'm starting to understand you. He asks her for a dance. She agrees. He says enough research for one day. She says it's all I have to occupy me. Guitar practice. Fire building. Old people dancing. He dips her. Then he says I must get going. I've already stayed too long. Bonnie forgot he's a double agent. He finally kisses her cheek. Happy New Year. He leaves. Happy New Year.

Stefan and Ric. Stefan's not answering Damon's calls. He shuts it off. Ric asks what happened? 3 years ago, you told Caroline you'd be with her when you were safe. Then never showed. Stefan says there's more to the story. Ric says now? You're here? After all this? Stefan thinks she deserves to know what and why. Ric says she deserved that before you broke her heart. Damon calls again. Where are you? I need a well-armed back-up. Long story. I'm trying to save someone who hates me. Bonnie's in trouble, Stefan. You don't owe me anything, but I need help. Stefan says I'm with Ric. Tell me what we can do.

OK City, OK. Ric finds a vamp. Stefan pulls his heart out.

Charlotte, NC. Enzo and Bonnie and Damon take out some more.

Wichita.

Atlanta. Damon says Bonnie's improved her aim. She pictures his face as the target.

Alex finds Enzo. My team knows where I am. I don't think you want that. Enzo says I'm in here alone. Alex says you can't keep hiding her from me. He says I don't control Bonnie's movements. Alex brings up Virgina. She killed Lucy Bennett. She forced Lucy to seal the vault. Our sister was in there when she closed it. Enzo says I think your sister has died of starvation. Alex says no. I can hear her calling for help. We can solve each other's problems, Lorenzo. Bring me Bonnie Bennett and I will do anything I can to save her life.

Damon and Bonnie in the car. She doesn't want to talk. Phone rings. Enzo called her. Alex wanted to have a chat and let me go. I think she's being sincere. But they don't trust her for a second. I'll meet back up with you soon and then we'll deal with this. Hello? Still there? Bonnie has a scab on her hand. She asks how long there is once the first wound appears? Enzo says a week, maybe less.

**Well, we know they'll save Bonnie somehow. Kat's in next season unless they're faking us out.

1 year ago. Enzo arrives at the cabin with coffee. Door is ajar. Guitar plucking. She says you stayed away long enough. He says they had me traveling more than I hoped. She found something in Virginia's diary. She knew Lucy Bennett. She's been a patient in a mental hospital for 3 years. he's impressed. He shows her how to correct her guitar technique. Holding hands. Kiss. She sets the guitar aside, then tackles him. They shed clothes.

Enzo and Bonnie cutesy. Damon calls Stefan. I need new pictures in my head. Stefan asks how's Bonnie? Damon says not as well as she's pretending. Stefan says Ric is busy hunting.

Damon and Bonnie and Enzo go after more vampires. Beau is in a new body! Enzo doesn't kill him. Damon wants to. Bonnie says don't kill him! He helped save Caroline and her kids. Damon says go for a walk and Old Yeller will be taken care of. She says this is so like you. Damon rips Beau's heart out. I don't need permission.

Damon tells Enzo that sparing Beau would've been a huge deal breaker. Damon says you poisoned Bonnie. Enzo says I made a mistake. You made a choice. Damon says he's holding Enzo personally responsible if anything happens to Bonnie. I will hunt you down and rip your heart from your chest. Bonnie gets to them. Enzo walks away. Damon says It's Enzo's fault. Really? Then admits he made mistakes. She says she got over it. He says you still have my letter. She says she Kept the letter to remind her not to trust the wrong people. Enzo has been there for me every day. I love him, Damon. No matter what happens, he won't leave me. She pushes the letter into his hands and walks away.

Meramec State Park. Ric and Stefan burying bodies. Ric says don't try to get the band back together. Stefan says Caroline will have to decide for herself. Ric says when we moved to Dallas, Caroline joined a book club. Came home later and later. I followed her. She parked by the river to cry alone. Then she stopped making excuses and we became her life. Stefan gets that. Ric says no. She doesn't want to see you, trust me. Stefan asks who sleeps in the second bedroom? I saw the nursery and 2 bedrooms. An appointment for the justice of the peace. After you get home from City Hall, is that when she starts sleeping in your bed? Your life is a lie. Ric says she doesn't love me, but our life is NOT a lie. All I can do is try to be worthy of her, Stefan, which is more than you've ever been.

Bonnie says these feel worse than they look. Enzo says that's a shame. You're in dire need of practice. Lays on her lap while he plays the guitar. Damon moping behind them. He goes out to get the next name.

Ric and Stefan return. Caroline's in the house. Face to face. She doesn't look happy. She says we just got back. Girls want a story. Ric offers to put them to bed. She says no, I got it. Happy your home. She kisses his cheek and goes upstairs. Ric closes the door.

Damon calls Stefan. Rayna added a few more names to the list. Her room is covered in pages!

Next Friday - Bonnie kept her promise. No one's getting out.

No comments:

Post a Comment