Pages

Friday, May 20, 2016

#TheOriginals Season Finale 3.22 - “The Bloody Crown”

“The Bloody Crown”

THE PROPHECY FULFILLED — After months of thwarting off dangerous threats and deadly attacks, the Mikaelson siblings finally come face to face with the one person that could lead to their ultimate demise. With the stakes higher than ever and the compound overrun by an army of his oldest sworn enemies, Klaus (Joseph Morgan) is put on trial for centuries of atrocities he’s committed. Meanwhile, Marcel (Charles Michael Davis), who has been spiraling out of control following an act of betrayal by those closest to him, is stunned by the unexpected arrival of someone from his past. Finally, Elijah (Daniel Gillies), Freya (Riley Voelkel), and Kol (guest star Nathaniel Buzolic) frantically search for a way to save their family before it’s too late. Phoebe Tonkin also stars. Matt Hastings directed the episode written by Beau DeMayo & Diane Ademu-John (#322). Original airdate 5/20/2016.



Episode 22:

The river. Marcel remembers being named. Klaus calling him family. He swims to the surface. Elijah encouraging him at the piano. Marcel on the shore.

Compound. Hayley and Elijah in bed. She wakes. He watched her sleep. Kisses her hand. She says despite everything we've done, all those we've lost, we're still here. You're not alone. Kisses him. He kisses her back.

Klaus thinks Hope would have a better life were he not her father. But I will do right by you. What do you want, Elijah? Elijah won't ask forgiveness. I had no choice. We protect this family as any cost. Klaus is aware of that burden. Elijah says that burden is too much to bear. Walks away.

Freya says something isn't right. Didn't sleep. Feeling of dread. Kol asks what she's doing? The map of Klaus's enemies. She chants over it. All coming to New Orleans. Kol says you're not being paranoid when a horde of killers is out to get you.

Marcel at Davina's grave. Vincent meets him. Marcel will do his part. Vincent asks if he can. There's a difference in having the power and using it. Marcel says Elijah killed me in cold blood, so they've earned it. Vincent needs to know what happens to the innocent people. Promise me you'll do right by them. Marcel says that's exactly what I'll do.

Kol tells his brothers. Elijah says no vampires can enter as long as the deed is in Freya's name.

Freya chanting. She's sliced on the neck.

They hear noise. And the compound is flooded with enemies. Marcel says never thought it would come to this, but as always, the Mikaelsons made my choice for me. Klaus asks how? Marcel says how we're here or how I'm not a rotting corpse? Klaus wants to talk. Elijah says your beef is with me. Marcel says these guys will bear witness today. Kol asks if he's putting on a show? Marcel says damn right - the fall of the Mikaelsons, and the show has already started.

Vincent addresses the witches. Hear me. Marcel will run things in the Quarter. Trust me. What happens next is up to us. They walk away. Kinney says nice speech. I saw something. Crime scene. I can't call it in. I need you to see for yourself.

Freya falls. Hayley kills the vamp. Freya is poisoned. Hayley is attacked. She defeats him and helps Freya out.

Marcel's church gym. The Strix are dead. Kinney asks what did this? He's grabbed by he dying. Vincent helps him.

Hayley's place. Freya on the sofa. Hayley offers her blood. Lucien has an antidote in his penthouse. Freya says there's nothing to stop Marcel now. Hayley says there's one thing.

Kol appeals to Marcel. Marcel says don't mention her name. Kol says this is an insult to her memory. Marcel bites him. And bites Elijah. Crowd cheers. Klaus charges. Rebekah gets in between them. Take our brothers and go. Marcel will not hurt me, not if he knows what's good for him. I only have a short while before I go mad, so your explanation better be quick and it better be good.

Lucien's place. Can't find it. The boys come. Hope cries. Kol says I'm going to die. Klaus argues. Freya says we need 3 different cures to 3 different ailments and none of us will last the day.

Rebekah asks him to cure her brothers. Marcel says can you honestly defend them after what they did to me, to Davina? She can't, but she begs for a cure. He says there is no cure. Klaus will fall along with them. She asks if she's the next victim. he says no, he'd never hurt her, but he's not backing down. She says the Marcel I knew never fancied himself judge, jury, and executioner. He says justice is more than they offered me, but sure, sure, let's have justice.

Kol thinks it's fair we pay for what was done to Davina. He pleads to be put asleep.

Klaus offers to get Hayley to Elijah. Elijah says not our finest moment, Niklaus. Please take care of her. Klaus promises. Elijah says and Rebekah. Klaus will make Marcel pay. Elijah says no, I did all of this. Klaus can't do this without you, Elijah. They hug, with tears. You have to be strong. They need you.

Destroying the compound. Rebekah calls Klaus. Tells him that Marcel wants you to come here and stand trial for your sins. This mob will hunt you down and will not show mercy to you or anyone standing in their way.

Elijah thinks it's suicide. Hayley says no, we' won't leave you. Kol is seeing Davina. Suffering. Freya gets an idea. Come out of that trial alive.

Klaus puts a note in Hayley's bag. She says let me come with you. He says no. Some time ago, I refused to trust you with our daughter. I was wrong. Take care of her.

Klaus returns to Rebekah. Are you ready? He asks are you? She says for Freya's plan to work, I can't go mad and you can't die. He says you once said I could talk my way out of Hell. They hug. The mob cheering. They've been burning and destroying things. Marcel says silence. The great Klaus Mikaelson has decided to grace us with his presence. Klaus says I have nothing to hide. If you want to put me on trial for all my grievous sins, have at it. Crowd cheers. Marcel doesn't look happy.

Marcel asks Klaus how it feels to be this hated? Look at them. Look at them! They're all yours, after all. Remember him? 1694. You turned him and compelled him to drink his wife dry. Or this man. You turned him and made him burn his village to the ground. This woman, her mother coughed through the night, so you burned her mother alive. Klaus says they feared me and that fear protected my family. I could've left you nameless and alone, but I took you and made you what you are! Marcel says you made all of us into your image. Why? Were you afraid to be alone? Make something vile and disgusting like you? But you abandoned us and took away everything we loved, and for that, you must pay.

Kol is getting worse. He attacks Hayley. Elijah intervenes.

Rebekah addresses them. I will speak on his behalf. Marcel says go ahead. She says you accuse my brother of unjust retaliation, but how is he different from any of you? But his first instinct is to protect his blood. You say he's guilty, but would any of you do any less? Marcel reminds her about the punishment. Daggering you for loving me? Or when he exiled you for the Quarter. She pleads with him to stop. She's struggling with the madness. She says you're right. I haven't been entirely honest. Time to tell the truth about my dear brother Klaus Mikaelson.

Crowd cheers. Rebakah says he is my brother and I have loved him through the ages, but no one has felt his ire more than I. Klaus says you're not well. The curse has poisoned your mind. Marcel says let her speak. She says my brother can't handle the truth that he destroys everything he touches. You murdered our mother and both of your fathers. You dagger our siblings. You forbid us from finding love. I'm envious of all you. You've broken free, but I have no such relief. Chained to a pact we made as children. What if he could suffer the way I have, the way we all have? Marcel asks if they've come to a decision.

Elijah suffering. Hayley looks in on him. He saw her. Had a dream I was holding you. You seemed happy. She says it wasn't a dream. Takes his hands. I was happy. He says if Klaus doesn't make it, you have grieved enough. Promise me you'll get as far away from this place as you can. I want you to be happy.

Klaus says he's disappointed in Marcel. Using my impaired sister is hardly the mark of a good leader. Davina defied even you. Perhaps you should've warned her. Maybe it was your fault. No matter. She proved herself of some minute worth. As for you lot, I murdered your loved ones. So what of it? Each and every one of you stands here today because I willed it to be so. Your very immortality is a gift from me. A debt you can never repay. I owe you nothing. So go on! Kill me! I welcome the peace of death as a reprieve from this tedium. The scales remain in my favor, and in the end you will know I won and you will remember me, Klaus Mikaelson! Your maker. Rebekah says death is too good for him! Make him suffer. Let that be his fate! The crowd cheers. Marcel says justice for Klaus Mikaelson should be a fate worse than death. The Papa Tunde blade. All the pain we've felt at the hands of this man will pale compared to the agony he will feel as long as I decide he will live. Marcel cites all the loved ones Klaus killed, and then stabs him with the blade.

Freya tending to Kol. Rebekah calls Hayley. Our plan worked. Make his sacrifice count. Hayley will come for her soon. Freya prepares her spell. Links them to Klaus. She's bleeding from the nose. They fall asleep. Hayley left standing.

Marcel stands by Klaus's body. Vincent enters. The king is dead. The king is dead, all hail the king. Marcel asks if I can help you? Vincent says he's going to reclaim the church. I hoped you'd be different. Marcel says I did what was necessary. Vincent says no you didn't!! Consequences be damned. My friend was hurt because you got sloppy. I'm taking the church and turning it into a sanctuary. I don't care who they are as long as they're sick of you and the family. And if you have a problem, I will take a page from your playbook, consequences be damned.

Bodies in the coffins. Hayley places a kiss on Elijah. Seals the truck. Gets in the cab with Hope. Finds the letter. Klaus left it for Hope. Hayley starts the moving truck.

Siblings in a home away from the city. Freya explains to Kol and Rebekah and Elijah. We're linked to Klaus's life-force. Put us in a deep sleep. We can remain together until we wake. It's a beautiful garden and house.

Klaus suffering. Marcel watches.

Rebekah tells Elijah that Klaus saved us.

Hayley and Hope driving away.

Marcel puts Klaus away.

Leaving New Orleans. Klaus' letter says you are and always will be our Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment