Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2016

#BATB 4.3 - “Down For The Count”

“Down For The Count”

CAT AND VINCENT STRUGGLE TO LIVE ORDINARY LIVES – While attempting to be normal newlyweds, Cat (Kristin Kreuk) and Vincent (Jay Ryan) grapple with how to overcome the danger lurking. They find themselves in the fight of their lives when their happiness becomes jeopardized. Nina Lisandrello, Austin Basis, and Nicole Gale Anderson also star. Don McCutcheon directed the episode, written by Benjamin Raab and Deric A. Hughes (#403). Original airdate 6/16/2016.

Episode 3:

Vincent leaves JT's . Cat calls. JT is missing. Vincent focuses to track. JT was grabbed and hauled into a van.

Vincent finds JT playing a video game in the van. JT still hasn't told Tess about turning down tenure.

Vincent gets to work with 5 minutes to spare. Tells Cat that he passed her test. Proved he can juggle all of it. If other people can manage life, we can do it. She says DHS called with a lead. Vincent says they have 3 minutes and kisses her.

Tess and JT. She says a victim turned up linked to the fight ring she's been tracking. She asks him to look for the lease agreement for the new place. He asks for a time to talk later. Tess will probably put Cat on the fight case. Meet tonight for drinks? Yeah. And call the university about what's taking so long with tenure. Heh.

Cat and the agent. He needs her help. Covering for Vincent makes him very nervous. Find out who is behind this soon as possible. Gives her a file on a mercenary and bounty hunter. No one can know he's involved. He gives her a badge. You work for me now.

Vincent in the ER. Medic asks about Heather. Kyle sent 4 bouquets. He doesn't get why Heather is shutting him out now. Vincent gets a text from Cat. And there's a car accident case coming in.

Tess at a scene. Cat arrives. She says it may be connected to the bounty. Believe me when I say I had nothing to do with this - shows Tess the badge. I'm sorry, Tess. This isn't your case anymore. It's mine. Oooooo

Tess wanted warning. Cat didn't expect to see her at the scene. Tess says I've been trying to close that case since before I was captain. Cat says this isn't a joint investigation. I have to handle this offsite. Set up a satellite office. Tess is not happy. Cat asks for the files, too.

She and Vincent get home. He thinks it's great. Heather on the phone. Our new assistant. Vincent asks if she can handle this? Heather says I planned 3 weddings last year, and I need the job. She's off to the hospital to pick up Vincent's lab coats. Cat tells Vincent about the case. Majani is into blood sports. Richter is the latest victim of the fight club. The fights are super exclusive, invite only. She's got the coin. She wants him to fight. He says he has to get back to the hospital. Argh.

Tess and JT. She asks if he heard about Cat? He asks what she's talking about? Cat is an agent of DHS now. Tess is happy for her, but wishes the news came earlier. JT says maybe she wanted to and didn't know how you'd react. He wants to talk, but she leaves. Lots of work to do, don't wait up.

Heather gets the coats. Kyle finds her. She thanks him for the flowers and tries to leave. He asks if she's avoiding him. She sticks firms and leaves.

Vincent and Cat in Chinatown? She's worried about him beasting out here. Adrenalin in a fight. Hopes they find Majani right away. He says yeah, because it's always that easy. They knock and show the coin. Door opens. Bouncer says good luck. Cat says this doesn't look ultra exclusive. Looks seedy. Not the place Majani would be. Man says Majani doesn't show up until the main event. Man tells her to sign in. Ladies qualifying. Well? She says she's in. Signs the clipboard.

Vincent is not happy Cat is going to fight. You could get seriously hurt in there. She says we've been through worse before. And I've got you in my corner. They should be worried.

Heather on the phone. Arguing with customer service. JT arrives. She's frustrated. He says Cat wanted me to pick up some files. She asks him when he and Tess are moving in together. He says he has to go. Admits he didn't tell Tess he turned down tenure. I don't want to be a professor for the rest of my life. So he's unemployed now and can't afford his half of the rent. She says Tess is going to kill you. I know.

Vincent gives Cat tips to fight the other women. Cat in. She gets knocked down. And up. Vincent tells her to go for the knee. Two opponents down. One woman needs a hospital. Men take Cat to see Majani since she's the winner. No trainers or managers allowed. Cat says it's fine, you'll find me, you always do. She needs you more right now.

Morning. Vincent checking the fighter at the hospital. She wakes. He checks her eyes. Nurse asks questions. He asks for 20mg of morphine. I'll explain later. He helps the fighter sit up. Listens to her chest. You're lucky to be alive. She says Majani only cares about winning. He gave her her first big break and got her family out of debt. He always bets on me. Doesn't like to lose. If I don't win, I'm dead. He won't let your wife lose once he has her. Vincent says help me and I promise you, you'll never have to worry about him again.

He talks to JT on the phone, gets help. Tess returns to JT's. She heard about tenure. Heard from the landlord. He says I didn't know how to tell you. She says you don't want to move in with me. What am I supposed to think? He says I'm an idiot, but I need to help Vincent find Cat. Vincent arrives. Lost the van. He's panicked. Tess asks if this is the fight club case? Yeah. Majani. She says this is what happens when people stop communicating. She gives Vincent an address. They leave.

Cat blindfolded. Taken to a ballroom with a steel cage. She's put inside. Fancy club. Female fighter let in. Patrons clap. Majani sits. The main event is about to begin. Winner take all. Cat is attacked. Bleeding.

Cat gets up. The other woman is bigger, stronger.

Tess got a warrant. ETA 10 minutes. Vincent missed his shift at the hospital. Tess tells him to gun it, please.

Majani about to leave. Cat takes over the fight. Majani stops and returns. Crowd claps. Police enter.

Majani tries to sneak out. Cat confronts him. Freeze, DHS. He says you set me up? She says you're under arrest, including for putting a bounty on my husband. He doesn't know what she's talking about. Vincent in beast mode saves her. Majani begs for his life.

Vincent enters later. Tess says Cat didn't need rescuing. SWAT almost saw you and Majani did. You're welcome. Vincent takes over for the medic. Puts his jacket around her shoulder. The mark on her face needs stitches. He says he tried to get here as fast as he could. She says she volunteered for this. Vincent says it's pretty good for the first day on the job. Phone dings. Hospital. He has to go.

*Love the banter they've had this season as a couple.

Tess's office. Cat knocks. Tess is still snippy. Not mad anymore. Doesn't mean I like it. Cat says you found me because you were on Majani's trail and DHS wasn't. We can still work together. Cat hands over her badge. Tess says this will stick. 10 years working together, I'm really going to miss you. They hug. At least you don't have to cover for me anymore.

Heather drinking at a bar. Kyle finds her. He's not giving up. Hmmm. Likes her a lot. We slept together and it was fantastic. He doesn't care that she has secrets. I'm not giving up unless you tell me to right here, right now. Tell me you don't want to see me again and I'll walk away, I promise. If you can't, I'm not going anywhere. She tells him don't ask too many questions, okay? They toast and kiss.

JT seals a box. Tess asks what he's doing? He's packed up a lot. Tess is not alright. Cat quit and you lied to me. But I'm too tired to be mad right now. He apologizes. I should've told you. But it has nothing to do with wanting to move in with you. She says it does. You made a decision. I do know what I want. I'm not searching like you are. The past years have been crazy and I fought really hard to get my life back. I want to move in with you. I'm ready but you're not. Just be honest. He says I love you. She says we'd be so stupid to take the next step without him finding whatever it is he's looking for. He asks where do we go from here? She doesn't know.

Cat sitting with ice packs. Vincent gets home. Electricity cut off and rent check bounced. She fired Heather. Heather sounded relieved. Cat doesn't like having her ass kicked. He wonders what they're going to do? No closer to finding this bounty than when we came home from the honeymoon. She wonders if the guy was lying and there is no bounty. He blows out the candles and kisses her.

Next week - Cat might be pregnant. And another bounty hunter. Or he's much more than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment