Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2016

#BATB 4.5 - “It’s A Wonderful Beast”

“It’s A Wonderful Beast”

VINCENT LEARNS WHAT LIFE WOULD HAVE BEEN LIKE WITHOUT CAT – Vincent (Jay Ryan) and Cat (Kristin Kreuk) realize they have to go into hiding now that someone is out to kill Vincent. Vincent wonders if Cat would have been better off without him and gets a glimpse into exactly what her life could have been. Austin Basis, Nina Lisandrello, and Nicole Gale Anderson also star. Stuart Gillard directed the episode, written by Melissa Glenn (#405). Original airdate 6/30/2016.



Image credit: The CW.

Episode 5:

In bed. Vincent sitting up, bleeding. He beasts briefly with the pain. Hears a noise in the apartment.

Shots fired into the bed. Cat knocks the assassin out. They wake him once he's tied up. Who sent you? Vincent knocks him out again when the guy doesn't know. She tells him to sit down. You shouldn't be out of bed. I need to get you back to the hospital. Vincent says no, this is my problem, not yours. He's sick to death of this crap and ruining her life in the process. You would've been better off without me. Admit it. Cat got a group text from Vincent. It's a trap. He runs out. Cat runs after him.

JT and Tess at the meet. Why wouldn't they be here by now? Tess says this is weird. 3am? JT makes a joke. Phone rings. Cat. Get out, it's a trap! Tess tackles JT. Shots fired.

Vincent fights with the assassin. And falls off the roof. Cat gets him out of the line of fire. Heather's out of town. Vincent's burning up, with sepsis. He can barely control himself. JT will get Vincent's doctor bag from the apartment.

Vincent dreaming. JT finds him naked and bloody. We gotta go before the zoo opens. Vincent killed an animal. He tries to wash the blood off his hands. Vincent sees the scar on his face in a tub of water. JT pulls him out of the enclosure.

*Fever dream delirium is the worst.

In the underground. JT says take either cot. Vincent is confused. JT says we better hurry and find a cure. Vincent trying to figure out what he last knew and remembered. There's no wound. Stares at his scar in a mirror. I need to find Catherine! He runs out into the streets. Finds her in the coffee shop. She doesn't know him. She meets with Tess. Tess doesn't know him, either. Tess and Cat go to the back. Vincent follows. Evan has flowers for his and Cat's anniversary. JT finds Vincent. Tess tells them this is a private party, you need to move along. It's Cat and Evan's second wedding anniversary. Vincent freaks out. JT gets him out to the alley. Vincent rants about this.....this has to be a dream or the fever, this is not real. JT hits him in the head.

Vincent outside Cat's place. Hearing Evan and Cat arguing. He begs her to tell him how to make her happy. She doesn't know. You're a good man. I keep trying to make this work for us, but no matter how hard I try, I can't get past..... She can't forget the night of her mother's murder. He says it was 10 years ago, it's time to get over it. She says nobody believes me, nobody ever has. She leaves. Vincent heads up to the roof. She's there. He says don't be scared. It's me. She says I'm a cop. He says detective, actually. Homeland security agent. I need your help. You're the only one that can save me. I know this is crazy, Catherine. She asks how he knows her name? He knows everything about her. Lists the ways. I don't know why you don't remember me, but we can figure this out so I can wake up from this living hell. She hits him and runs.

Group still pinned down. JT gives Vincent an IV. They're running out of time. Tess says cops are still maybe 5 minutes out. She and Cat are low on bullets.

Cat trying to keep Vincent calm.

JT and Vincent. He figures this is because he told Cat she'd be better off without him. I take it back! He figures it began with Catherine, it has to end with Catherine. He tells JT about the real world. We don't live like this. It's better there. You gotta believe me, it's better there. JT agrees to help.

They find Reynolds. Reynolds doesn't know Vincent here. Vincent says tell Catherine so she'll believe me. Reynolds won't help. Vincent beasts and grabs him.

Catherine researches Vincent. Tess says Joe stood me up again. Sees the photo. Tells Cat to not think about having an affair, it's not worth it. Cat says that guy came to see me on the roof, said he needed my help, and knew a lot about me. Maybe he knows something about, um, that night. Tess says what are the chances, especially after all these years? Cat wonders. I believe him. There's something about him. Tess says go back to the rooftop. I'll tell you if something comes up on facial recognition. She'll cover for Cat. Evan wants to take her to lunch. Tess says she can't, she's on a case. Evan looks at Cat's computer.

Evan calls Muirfield. Is Keller one of your experiments? I don't want you to hurt him just keep him away from my wife. I don't want to lose her. They'll take care of it.

Vincent and Reynolds and JT. Vincent hears trouble at Cat's place. They hurry to the apartment. Vincent uses his senses to figure out she was taken. He Beasts out.

Real world. He's getting worse. Tess is out of bullets. Helicopter heard. And sirens.

They try to wake Vincent.

Reynolds holding a gun on Vincent. Vincent tells JT to go to the bathroom. I have to track her now. We both want what's best for Catherine. Right now, that's me. Evan comes in. They weren't supposed to take her. You were there that night, yo saved her. They took her to get to you. Reynolds says they won't let her go. They don't leave loose ends. Evan knows a place they might have gone. Vincent tells JT to hack. With Tess and Reynolds. Use gummy worms with Tess.

Evan and Vincent in a car. Evan says Cat never stopped thinking you existed. Doesn't matter how much I love her. She doesn't love me the same way. She's tried, and I can't touch that. But maybe you can. Maybe you can heal her. Vincent says you're a good man, Evan. Sorry I didn't get to tell you that before.

JT meets Tess. We need to work together. May I? She lets him at the desk. Tess asks who is your friend, really. JT says I'd do anything to help him. She'd do the same for hers. He offers a gummy worm. She likes it.

They arrive. Old power plant. Evan says save her. Vincent says always. He goes in the building.

Cat is tied up. Why are you doing this? What do you want?

Muirfield soldiers find the car. Empty.

Security goes down. JT did it. Lights out. Muirfield arms up.

Vincent finds Cat and releases her. He's bleeding. We gotta get out of here. She says this isn't the first time you've saved me. You were there that night. What's your name? Vincent. Where have you been all my life, Vincent. Evan tells them to get her out of here. He's covering for them. He's shot. Falls. Muirfield guys run past his body.

Cat and Vincent out into the woods. He says this isn't right. This isn't real. Can't be real! What more do you want from me?! She doesn't understand. he doesn't, either. He's in a lot of pain. Sinks to the ground. Maybe you are better off without me, after all. She says she's not giving up, I'm not losing you.

Don't give up, come back to me, I need you. I love you. I love you. I love you. Vincent finally aware. Where am I? She says it's okay, you're home. No scar? JT says no, no scar. She asks what happened? He says terrible, terrible dream. Cops come in. Tess says medical attention is needed. Police stand down.

Cops want to know why they were being shot at. DHS says JT is not allowed to answer questions. Sniper got away. Tess says they're pros. We think someone else is behind this. JT says it didn't make sense last week, either. DHS says we have two bad guys, then? Yeah. He'll see what he can do to help. JT gives Tess a gummy worm.

Vincent is clinically stable. But if he doesn't take care of himself, he'll die. Doc is admitting him. Cat says the doctor is right. You're still human. I can't do this without you, I don't want to. Sure? I'm positive. I thought I lost you. He tells her about the dream while they walk the hall. Vincent limping along with an IV. I learned you're not better off without me, after all. You saved me and I saved you, too. She says you're not going anywhere until you completely heal this time. He agrees. Then what? She says we'll get out life back. But until then, we'll move away from this window.

Next week - Vincent's old commanding officer. And Vincent in trouble.


No comments:

Post a Comment