Pages

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Theorizing the next CW season now TVD and Reign are ended/ending.

What I would pair on The CW for 2017 - 2018

Let me theorize....

The 100 is the ninth CW series to score a renewal for the 2017-18 season, joining Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, Supernatural, Jane the Virgin, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, and Riverdale. iZombie and The Originals have new seasons on the way.

With TVD and Reign ended, new spots open up. I'm going to pair things by tone:

Jane the Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend should be on the same night. They don't match anything else. I don't watch The 100, iZombie, or Riverdale.

Since I want The Originals to survive at least as long as TVD, I'd pair it with Supernatural. They're the only monster/fantasy genre shows left on the network, and they both center around family, and there's a similar tone and adult level.

I'm not sure what to do with the DC shows. Legends is okay behind Flash, but did better at 8PM on Thursdays. Next season could be Arrow's last. The plan was for 6, so....  What would you think of Supergirl and Flash on the same night?

I'm not taking into account the whole ratings thing of what shows on what nights make the most money for the network, or competition from other channels. I'm just thinking about what makes sense together.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment