Pages

Thursday, November 9, 2017

#Arrow 6.5 - “Deathstroke Returns” #deathstroke #sladewilson

“Deathstroke Returns”

SLADE RETURNS — Slade (Manu Bennett) returns and asks Oliver (Stephen Amell) for help in tracking down his son. When they learn Joe (guest star William Franklyn-Miller) has been taken hostage by mercenaries, their mission to save him gets complicated by a terrible revelation that could shatter Slade’s hopes of reunion forever. Meanwhile, Vigilante reappears in Star City. Joel Novoa directed the episode written by Ben Sokolowski & Spiro Skentzos (#605). Original airdate 11/9/2017.
 
Episode 5:
 
Vigilante targeting Councilpeople. Dinah spots the sniper. Shots fired.

Oliver on the phone with Rene. Be the mayor until I get back. Figure of speech. Rene says don't worry, we'll nail his ass. Oliver hangs up. Slade says don't apologize. I appreciate the meeting. Joe changed his name. He's Cain now. Mother's idea. Gone from Calgary. Ibiza. Mombasa. He joined Australian Intelligence. Week ago, a mission went south in Casnia. He's serving a life sentence like a rat in a cage. Oliver asks what do you need? Slade says help me find my son. I'm not asking you to come back in. I need diplomacy. Oliver Queen. Trust me on this one, kid? Wheels up at 2200. I'll understand if you don't want to join me. If you do, I'll meet you out front at 2100. Okay, kid?

Slade with his little boy. Camping. Joe doesn't think they'll stick around long enough to use the tent. Slade promises it's just you and me this weekend. Father and son in the wild. The Deathstroke gear is in a duffel.

Felicity and Curtis. Dinah and Dig at the scene. Diggle finds a shell. FBI woman asks what John is doing at the crime scene. John says I have experience. Sniper. She wants to chat with him. John says I'm an open book. But no Dinah. Private conversation.

Felicity enters the apartment. William working on math. Oliver in his room. Packing. He tells her about Slade's son. Slade says he has a diplomatic solution. Oliver says I'm out. Made a promise to my son. She says you made a promise to Slade, too. It's about his son. Tell William what you're doing. Helping a friend. He'll understand that. He's his father's son.

Slade at the car. Checks his watch. Oliver arrives. How long is this flight? 12 hours. Thanks for coming, kid.

Councilwoman. Dinah watching. Sees Vigilante. Fires at him. Chases him. Blasts him sonicly. Stay down. His mask is cracked. He takes it off. it's her old partner/boyfriend!

Dinah summoned the others. Vigilante made another move on the councilwoman. I hit him with my cry. He took off his mask. I saw his face. Vincent Sobel. My old partner. John says I thought he died. She says he was shot in the head right in front of me. Felicity says it was night and.... Dinah says it was Vincent, I know it. Dig says we have to find him before he hurts anyone else. Casing is magnetized. Felicity asks Dig about the FBI chat. He thinks he settled it. Agent Watson calls her. Definitely not put to bed.

Slade and Oliver. Nylander is the contact. hugs Slade. Slade says did you bring it or are you screwing with me. Nylander says I'm glad you got your marbles back. Slade says don't worry about his friend. thanks him for the file. Nylander says your son is lucky to have you. Slade says he wouldn't be in this mess if I wasn't his father. Nylander says be careful. Slade says under certain circumstances, I'm not a nice guy.

Felicity is asked if she'd testify under oath about the alibis she gave Oliver. She gets a text. Says I'm late for a coffee date. Asks to go now.

Slade and Oliver. nice house. Photo op to gain entry. Slade brought $50,000 to release Joe. When you pick him up, go straight to the airport. Tickets for your both to London. Promise me to not tell him I helped. Oliver asks if you're afraid he'll see you as Deathstroke? Slade says I gave up my right to be his father when I became this monster. Oliver says your son will forgive you. Slade says Joe's mother said to stay away. Some fathers aren't that lucky.

Camping. Roasting fish on the fire. Joe asks if he's really a pilot? Stop lying. We never get free trips. My friend's dad gets free trips all the time. Slade sees another family. Says I work for a cheaper airline that doesn't allow for free vacations. Joe isn't hungry. Slade says don't walk too far. Texts someone Eyes on target.

Felicity thinks the Fed's net is widening. Team Arrow in Vigilante's lair. Dinah says Vince is a psycho killer.

Oliver in Casnia. Meets the official. Saw you on TV once. heh. Oliver requests the release of Cain Wolfman. Man says I wish you'd come earlier.

Oliver returns to the house. Slade asks where is my son? There was a fight in the prison yard Joe tried to break up. He hit his head. He's gone.

Slade upset. Looking at a photo of him and Joe as a boy. Don't know when I last told him I loved him. I should've come with you to the prison. Least I could've seen him. Said goodbye. Oliver says you still can.

Camping. Slade throws a rugby ball. Asks a man to take a photo of them. Sure. Darrel, nice to meet you. The family walks away.

Dinah beating up the Wing Chung dummy. John says we need you for the long haul. remember? She says she's putting Vince down. I became someone I didn't recognize to avenge someone I don't recognize anymore. John says he needs help just like you did. Rene says the councilwoman is at Channel 52. Rene has to meet with the FBI agent.

Back at the prison. Oliver says the father wishes to see his son's body. Warden, where's the body? No longer in my possession. Slade gets angry. Oliver threatens an incident. Slade says uncomplicate it! Oliver says don't make this man angry. Warden says Joe was investigating the Jackals. Your son is spy. They took him to torture him for secrets. They threatened my family. Slade says when they took my son, they didn't count on who his father was.

Dinah and FBI both at the TV station.

Dig and Felicity. She's writing an email to Oliver. Dinah says stand down. Do not come here. Agent Watson is on site.

Oliver had Felicity look up the Jackals. Slade is dressed as Deathstroke. She got footage from the prison and a location. Slade says she's brilliant. How did you get her? Heh. Oliver doesn't know. Slade tells Oliver he's going alone. But Oliver doesn't want to let him. You're outnumbered and probably rusty. Slade drugs him. Alone is what I do best, kid.

Slade and Joe camping. Joe tries the meal and says not bad. Slade spots Darrell alone. Says he has to go to the bathroom. Be back soon. Confronts Darrel to look for Yao Fei. He's in Purgatory. Slade slits his throat.

John comes to Dinah. you're not in your right head. She says my head is fine. He says you're a lousy liar. She says Vince didn't always make bullets. He made matchbox art. Made me one the morning they found out we were undercover. There's nothing left of that man now. John says he had a chance to kill you and didn't. Maybe there's a sliver left of the man you loved. She says if there isn't, she'll kill him.

Councilwoman giving the interview. Vigilante is up above.

TV station. Dinah and a cop arguing about vigilantes. Power goes out. Councilwoman runs from protection. Vigilante says don't move and it'll be quick. Dinah engages with him. Let's talk, Vince. Cop tells him to freeze. Get on the floor. 3 seconds. he shoots Vince in the head. Dinah tells him to call an ambulance. Vince takes off the mask. Pulls the bullet off his head. How? You're not the only one dark matter did something to. She says I thought you were dead. 4 years, Vincent. He says I couldn't let myself be distracted from my mission. Cops for 10 years. We didn't accomplish enough, not nearly enough. this is the only way. She says you've lost your mind. he says I'm not the only one wearing a mask. Sirens. She tells him to go. John asks what's happening? She says the station is secure. he got away.

Oliver wakes. Slade left a note. go home, kid. Be a father. Thank you for reminding me I am one, too. William calls. Are you coming home? I am. I wish you were here already. Raisa making granola al weekend. Were you able to help your friend? No. I hope he finds his son. Anything else you can do for him?

Deathstroke raids the place. Killing all. Doesn't look rusty at all. More Jackals dead. More come in. Stop, stop. Dammit, Slade, you're going to ruin my new shoes. Nylander. this man is a legend, so no pulling triggers, yet. Truce? i can explain. Slade knew he was involved, but you're too stupid. Where is the boss? Nylander says you just have to keep coming, don't you. Your son, he knows priceless. Slade says you like burning bridges. Where is my son? Nylander asks why do you ask? Do you wish to join him?

Camping. Packing the truck. Did you have a good time? Yeah.

Dinah. Agent says busy night. Councilwoman says she was saved by the new Canary. Dinah says I try to stay out of politics. Agent asks where were you? Lights went out and the Canary was there. Have a good night. Dinah sees a matchbox on her dash. Opens it. There's a rose inside. Like the past.

Oliver arrives on scene.

Nylander asks what was your plan? Kill us all and save your boy? Slade likes to keep things simple. Slade says he'll join the Jackals as long as you let my boy go. Nylander says we need your son. He's our boss. Joe enters. Hello, Father. Been a long time. Slade's shocked.

Next ep - Oliver captured. Joe tells Slade to kill Oliver?

No comments:

Post a Comment