Pages

Thursday, November 9, 2017

#SPN 13.5 - “Advanced Thanatology” #Supernatural

“Advanced Thanatology”

BILLIE RETURNS…BUT NOT LIKE BEFORE – While working on a case involving the ghost of a demented doctor, Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) get assistance from an unexpected source – Billie (guest star Lisa Berry). Castiel (Misha Collins) finds his way back to the Winchesters. John Showalter directed the episode written by Steve Yockey (#1305). Original airdate 11/9/2017.

Episode 5:

Grand Junction, Colorado. Teens. filming. Heading to an old Tudor. Mental Health Center. Both teens filming. One creeped out. The doc cut people's skulls open and got arrested. One asks why they have to go upstairs. Nice stained glass window. Hospital beds. Wandering upstairs. Operating room. The reluctant teen doesn't want to be here. Evan, check this out. Gas masks. Why do they have beaks. What was that? Weird house noise. Or the wind. reluctant boy wants to run. Then voices. the both runs. Doctor ghost! Attacks one. The other boy gets out and runs to the sound of his friend's screams.

Dean making PBJ for breakfast. Sam offers a beer with that. Dean says I'm cool. Sam gives it to him, anyway. I think I found something. 3 days ago. The case. Only word he said: Monster. So let's check it out, you and me. Sam says Jack is catching up on his old fantasy DVDs. Thinks they can leave Jack behind. Put up extra warding and he'll be find. Let's work a case, you and me.

Boys arrive. Dean is Agent Page now. Sam is Plant. The mother answers the door. Shaun won't talk. He can't. He's okay physically, but it's psychological. He saw something so....awful. Dean goes to his room. Shaun is drawing. Dean asks if he wants to share. Shaun is drawing the mask over and over and over.

The other boy is still missing. Mom says the boys did everything together.

Dean tells Shaun I know what it's like to see monsters, and when they're gone, you see them when you close your eyes, in your dreams. But me and my brother, we're the guys that scare them. But you gotta talk to me.

Night. Royal Towers Hotel. Sam suggests talking to Mike in the morning. Yep. Then a strip club just outside town. reviews for the Clam Diver. Dean says what's up with you? You hate strip clubs. Last lap dance you got, paid for by me, you spent the whole time trying to convince the girl to go to nursing school. Sam says I'm trying to be nice.... You know why. you said you don't believe in anything. I want to help. Dean says I'll fight my way back again. How? Same way I always do - bullets, bacon, and booze. Lots of booze.

Shaun screams in his sleep. Mom runs to him. Comforts him. Door ajar. Shaun hears the drill. ghost appears to him!! runs at him.

Sam's alarm at 8:01AM. Dean's not in bed. He's passed out snoring with a bra and bottle. Even after Sam got ready to go. Sam leaves the motel.

Mike is moving hay bails. He says he wasn't with them. Shaun and Evan. Sam would like to believe him, but here's the thing. If there's anything you forgot to tell the police, you need to tell me. Evan could be in serious danger. Mike says it's a prank. So Shaun is a prank, too? Mike says they went to the old Meadows place. Mike got scared and didn't want to go. They'll be okay, right?

Dean loading up on the continental breakfast with sunglasses on. Sam gives him beer. You are forgiven. LOL. Sam tells him about talking to Mike. Dr. Meadows. The cure was a lobotomy. fun. Yeah. Those that lived were kept in the house for experiments. That's where Shaun and Evan went. Dean says the mask is what Shaun was drawing over and over. Plague mask. They had to hold Meadows down to rip it off when he was arrested. The mother calls.

They talk to her at the house. She tells them what happened. It's Shaun's room. Shaun was gone and the window was open.

Dean says I should've pushed Shaun harder. Sam says Meadows was cremated, so maybe he's tied to an object. Go to the house.

The Tudor at night again. Boys enter. Call for Shaun. Sam's EMF goes off. Meadows appears. Attacks both of them. Dean's about to get drilled.

Sam says Dean. They head upstairs. Dean gets the idea he's connected to the masks. Sam says salt and burn all of them. Meadows gets stuck in the door. Then enters. Dean lights the masks. Meadows burns up. Screaming the whole way. Now to look for Shaun. Cold breath. What the hell, dude? Another ghost. Light bulbs blow. They run. victims whispering. Beds move. Dean wants to burn the house down. No, he's got the syringes to die and start again. He wants to go on the other side and talk to them. Injects himself. He dies. Dean sees a ghost wandering. hey, wait up, pal. A reaper woman appears. Jessica. Sam watching his watch.

Jessica tells the others that Dean Winchester is in the Veil.

Sam surrounds Dean with salt.

Dean chasing the ghost. He sees Shaun. You dead, too? Uh, yeah. What happened to you? Shaun says the man with the drill. In my room. Jumped into Shaun's body. The mask he stole. Put it on and went back to the house. Put the mask back where it belonged. The drill into Shaun's head. I miss my mom. Dean is so sorry. Evan's here, too. We can't leave. Why can't we leave?

Sam watching his watch.

Dean tells Shaun he'll go to a better place. But tell me, where did the doc put your body? Dean goes back to Sam. Sam injects Dean to wake him. But it's not working. Why is it not working? Billie appears to Dean. We need to talk.

Sam can't wake Dean. Dean says I saw Cas kill you. Billie chuckles. Funny to hear a Winchester talk about the finality of dying. She says we have rules. Kill Death and the next Reaper to die takes his place. She got a promotion. New job, new gear. Sometimes it is poetic. That's why we have to talk. Dean is transported.

To her reading room. So, am I dead? you killed yourself. No, are you keeping me dead. She says that depends on you. He congratulates her on the promotion. She says you've been slipping between worlds. I want to know how you did it now. this little blind spot is bothering me. Dean asks what's in it for me? What do you want? He says free the ghosts at the Meadows house and I'll tell you what you want. Deal.

Jessica appears to the ghosts and asks them to come with her. It's going to be okay.

Done. Dean asks how do I trust you? She says I'm not the one breaking cosmic bargains left and right. Spill. He tells her about Jack. And the rip. It's not Candyland. Why do you care? Because she does. Because this multiverse is like a house of cards. Last thing I need is a big dumb Winchester knocking it all down. he says sounds like us. She says you've changed. You could've asked to live. He says when it's you, there's nothing for me. She says maybe you're not the guy anymore, the guy that saves the world, the guy that wins no matter what. you have changed. You know you won't work through it. That scares the hell out of you. Or am i wrong? He says what do you want me to say? i don't matter. I couldn't save Mom. Or Cas. Or a scared little kid. Sam, I keep dragging him down. If it's my time, it's my time. She says you want to die. Dean.....every notebook on this shelf, tells a version of how you die. Heart attack. Burned by a redhaired witch. A ghoul. And on and one. Which one's right depends on you, on the choices you make. He says I made my choice. She says none of these books say you die today. She stands witness to a much larger picture. I see you and your brother, you're important. Why? you have work to do. All you need to know. trust me. My eyes open to humans is not a thrill. Keep living. He needs to know Mom--

Alive. He's back.

Sam comforts the mom. The police are at the house. Sam joins Dean. What happened back there? Dean says it took a minute for the drug to kick in. I got lucky. Sam says the ghosts are all gone. Dean says later. Sam says we won't talk about it later. Dean says I saw Death. it's Billie. She took care of the ghosts. She wanted intel. We're important, have work to do. What's that mean? No freakin' clue. You okay? Dean says no, Sam, I'm not okay. Pretty far from okay. i always believed what we do was important no matter what, no matter who we lost. I'd take the hit and keep fighting because I believed. Now Mom and Cas and I don't know, I don't know. So now you don't believe anymore. Dean needs a win. I need a damn win. Gets in the Impala. They leave.

What is that song?

Shaun's body is shown to the mom. She caresses his face.

Impala.

billie in her library.

Sam asleep. Phone rings. Yeah. What? Dean drives to......an alley. Stops the car. There's a cross for a church. They head to a telephone booth. Cas turns around.

"It's not too late to start over again."

Next week - Western? Dean and Cas. Dean loves cowboys.

No comments:

Post a Comment