Pages

Thursday, November 16, 2017

#SPN 13.6 - "Tombstone" live blog #Supernatural #tombstone #westerns

"Tombstone"

GO AHEAD…MAKE MY DAY – Castiel (Misha Collins) is reunited with Jack (Alexander Calvert) and together with Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles), they head to a sleepy old western town to investigate a murder. Dean gets to live out his boyhood fantasy when he comes face to face with a famous, gun-slinging outlaw. Nina Lopez-Corrado directed the episode written by Davy Perez (#1306). Original airdate 11/16/2017.
 
 
 
Image credit: The CW
 
 
Episode 6:

Dodge City, Kansas. Cemetery. Dean and a man in a cowboy hat. Hunting something messing with us. Dean says wait here. I'll flush him out. A hand grabs the man and pulls him into the ground. Ah hell!

48 hours earlier. Cas at the payphone. Dean asks if it's really him. Sam says you're dead. Cas says I was, then I annoyed an ancient cosmic being so much he sent me back. Dean hugs him. Welcome home, pal. Then Sam. Cas asks how long he was gone? Sam asks where he was. I was in the empty. Where angels and demons go when they die. It's dark and nothing. Like nothing. I heard a voice that said my name and woke up. Thought you had done something. Sam wonders if it was God? Cas says no, He has no power in the empty. Who does? Sam says Jack.

bunker. They bring Cas to Jack. Jack says we burned your body and what's burned stays dead....how? Sam says did you....did you bring Cas back? Jack doesn't know. I begged for him to come back, but... Because of me? We don't know, but maybe. Cas thanks him. Jack hugs Cas. I missed you so much. Cas says Sam and Dean tell me you're doing well. Jack says I am. Watch this. Floats a pencil. And I found a hunter's case. Zombies. I know what zombies are now. 3 days ago, a vintage pocket watch was authenticated, but it was buried with it's owner. The grave was empty, so.....the dead are rising in Dodge City, Kansas. Dean wants to check it out. Team Free Will 2.0. Here we go.

Stampede Motel. Dean's in the Wild Bill suite and very excited. Dean geeking out about the Western portraits on the wall. Jack says he really likes cowboys. Cas says yes, yes he does. Dean says shower, steak dinner, and cemetery tomorrow. Jack offers Cas the couch. I don't sleep much. Cas says I don't sleep at all.

Dean brought a hat. He's in a good mood. Sam is happy to see him smile. Dean says getting Cas back is a pretty big win.

Deputy pulled over a truck. Passenger door opens. He approaches the truck. Empty. Dispatch says the truck was stolen. Noises. Deputy grabbed and pulled under the truck. Carl, Carl, everything alright? Do you copy?

Dean snoring in bed. Jack tells Cas his story. Asks Cas about Heaven. It's nice? Can be. Good. My mother's in Heaven. Cas knows. She was a very brave woman. Jack says she said I had an angel watching over me. Cas regrets not being here until now. Jack says it's okay. I understand why she trusted you, why I trusted you. I remember feeling safe. Cas says your mother said you would do amazing things. Kelly would be so proud of you. Alert on the laptop. Jack wakes Dean and gets a gun pulled on him. Dean wants coffee. Cas says I told you, he's an angry sleeper, like a bear. Jack still thinks it's a zombie. Sam makes a plan. Dean's not leaving until he finishes his coffee.

Dean making Cas wear a straw hat. Dean says act like you're from Tombstone. The movie! Oh, yeah, with guns and tuberculosis. Dean wearing a bolo tie and cowboy boots with hit suit. Howdy partner, much obliged. Good grief. Cas introduces himself as Val Kilmer. Deputy Carl Phillips was the sheriff's nephew. Asks what the Texas Rangers are doing up here. Dean lies so cheesy. Sheriff says you can poke around, but I catch up with him first, there won't be much to take back to Texas. you can count on it.

Sam and Jack enter the morgue. The undertaker woman. Agents Elliot and Paxton. Sam says Jack is a trainee, top of his class. LOL. Asks her about the night. Jack asks about anything weird. She wasn't here. Amanda Palmer concert. She says the cops have the grave roped off.

Jack has the EMF meter out. Sam says put it away. Coffin has a hole in it. Sam hops down in the grave. finds a bone. Bite marks.

Probably a ghoul. Cas says they can take the form of what they've eaten. Jack says a zombie shapeshifter. Pretty much. How do we find it?

Cas suggests Athena. Dean says no, she wouldn't have to dig the bodies up, she'd just take.

Something behind her. Her headphones are on again.

Jack found the truck before the deputy was killed yesterday. Who's driving? Dave Mather. Who?

Dean says cowboy, outlaw, one of the Dodge City gang. Shows them a portrait. Died in the 1800s. One of the greatest gunfighters ever. Whoo! Dean excited again.

Miss Lopez got accepted into the special effects makeup school. Dave isn't excited. He says it's in Los Angeles. City living is expensive. We've got a good thing here, don't mess it up. She tells him about the FBI agents that came by. Asked weird questions.

Jack remembers his photo from the mortuary. he's Athena's boyfriend.

Boys return to the house. What do we tell Athena? Dean says keep it simple. Or we could lie. Sam says definitely lie. She's not happy to see them. Sam says we're looking for your boyfriend. We want to talk to him, that's all. Do you know where he is?

The bank. To rob it.

Packing up the cash. Dave tells them they act out, they die. Dean confronts him. You must be the hunter. Ghoul says this is my favorite suit. Others come out. 4 hunters. Sam offers quick and quiet. Dave shoots. So they shoot back. Jack says he's got this. Dave shoots him. Security guard comes out at the wrong time and gets blasted, too. Dave runs off. Dean chases.

Dave disappears.

Guard is dying from the back of his head. Castiel, you have to heal him. Cas cannot. Jack asks why not? Sam says he's dead.

Back to the motel. Jack sitting and staring. Cas asks if this is the first time he's hurt someone? Sam says no, but the first time they didn't get back up. Dean tells them to take jack back to the bunker. He'll handle things here.

Athena. Dave comes home. I got shot. Not a big deal. Hey, I robbed a bank for you. I changed my mind, you can go to that school and I'll come with you, but we gotta leave now. She says you're the grave robber? You killed someone! He says it doesn't matter, he had it coming, baby, we need to leave. I'm giving you everything you ever wanted, so stop being a bitch. I'll always protect you, but we need to get the hell out of Dodge now! Lights outside.

Dean finds the sheriff. Bank just got robbed. Clerk identified Dave. No badges tonight. This is family business. They agree they're not taking him alive. Dean says aim for the head. They search the cemetery. Dean tells him to wait, I'll flush him out. Sheriff dragged below. Ah, hell! Dean goes into the hole. "Nope, nope, I don't wanna." LOL. Crawls until he's stuck. Come to Dodge City, we'll have some laughs. Die Hard reference!

Sam and Cas and Jack. You okay? Cas tells Jack he killed people. Friends, people I loved. Wish I could say it gets easier. It'll never stop hurting, but that doesn't mean you stop fighting. You made a mistake. You can be better, do better. i have to believe that. Sam says we still believe in you, Jack. Jack says please stop.

Dean comes into.....falling into the undertaker's. Athena tied up. He takes the gag off. Your boyfriend isn't human. Sarge is alive. Hurt. Dragged me down here and tossed me around like a damn ragdoll. He's behind Dean. Hands up. You heard me. Raise 'em. High. Thatta boy. Athena tells Dave, don't. There is no us. Ooo, ouch, break-ups can be a bitch. Dave will shoot Dean if he doesn't shut up. But it doesn't matter. You ain't fast enough. Dean says no, but he is. Sarge blows Dave's head off. Dean says Happy trails, cowboy.

Sarge and Dean. What went on back there? Dean gives the short version. I was never here. And Dave killed the guard at the bank, too.

Dean returns to bunker. Killed the bad guy, saved the girl. Jack is still upset. What was the name of the guard? Did he have a family? Dean says yes he did. Sam says this life, what we do, is not easy. Jack says don't! You're afraid of me. Cas says no. Jack says maybe you're right. Maybe I'm just another monster. Dean says no you're not. I thought you were, I did, but like Sam said, we've all done bad. All have blood on our hands. If you're a monster, we're all monsters. Jack says I try to do good and people get hurt. I don't know what I am, but I can't make the world a better place, not like this. Can't do one good thing. If I stay, I'll hurt all of you. I can't live with that. I have to go. I'm sorry. He knocks them back. I'm so sorry. Disappears. They get up. Castiel yells for him. Sam says he's gone.

Next ep - Searching for Jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment