Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2018

#Arrow 6.17 - "Brothers in Arms" live blog

“Brothers in Arms”

OLIVER MAKES A DARING MOVE THAT COULD COST HIM EVERYTHING — Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Diggle (David Ramsey) face their biggest challenge yet. Curtis (Echo Kellum) is disappointed to find out his new boyfriend has a firm anti-vigilante stance. Mark Bunting directed the episode written by Sarah Tarkoff & Jeane Wong (#617). Original airdate 4/5/2018.

Episode 17:

Van on the road. Dinah and a few trusted cops. She reviews the plan for grabbing Anatoly. Only cops she can trust are here. They'd like backup. She says we're covered, trust me.

At the market. Green Arrow and Spartan above. They'll take the Bratva men. Felicity tells Oliver he needs to talk to John about the hood.

Van arrives. Cops surround Anatoly. They arrest him.

Bring him into the station. Oliver arrives to tell the captain he authorized the raid. She had to agree. Oliver thanks Dinah for letting them back up. She says she only needed them because Rene is out and Curtis is watching Zoe. Oliver starts raising his voice until Quentin intercedes.

Oliver speaks with Anatoly. Anatoly says Diaz has people in all levels of government.

There's a problem. No arrest warrant. DA Sam says the charges will get kicked by a judge. Cut Anatoly and his friends loose. Captain apologizes.

Bunker. So Diaz has the police captain, DA, and... John offers to carry the load so Oliver can be the mayor. Oliver says the city needs the Green Arrow. I'm not giving up the hood. The team, this mission, is all of us. I don't get why it matters what someone is wearing. Dig says I guess it doesn't. Oliver tells Felicity it'll be fine. She hopes so.

Diaz shows up to a cop. Cop pulls his gun and says get your hands up. Anatoly shoots him in the back. His dead body will send a message to other police. Diaz agrees. They're all on borrowed time.

Officer Martin Hurst, a 6 year veteran. John wonders how the DA was flipped. Felicity suggests cash. And we need to take out Vertigo. John wants to check with Lyla for ARGUS help. He leaves. She argues with Oliver again. You have to see what John is not saying. He's upset. Say something. Something to ease the pain. Oliver is off to City Hall before someone else gets killed.

Dinah and Curtis. She's feeling guilty. Curtis says there will be casualties and they won't be your fault. She agrees. She's meeting the cops at a secure location. Curtis has been on 3 dates with the boyfriend.

Lyla gives intel. And wants to know what's going on with John. He says you know. I'm frustrated Oliver strung me along so long. You know what being the Green Arrow meant to me. She says you save the city as Spartan. He says Oliver made the same point. I don't know. This is bothering me more than I expected. She says you owe it to yourself and Oliver to figure out why.

Oliver confronts the captain and DA about siding with Diaz. Why? She says he threatened her family. DA's boy has stage 4 cancer. I needed Diaz's money. Oliver offers to protect and pay. DA says the city is bankrupt and the cops are corrupt. Or are you offering as Green Arrow. Oliver says you wouldn't want to be in this room if I was. Neither of you. If you're with him, you're fired. Get out. Sam says I know you're the Green Arrow. But this is nothing like you've faced before. He's already beaten you and you don't even know it.

Quentin and Siren. She brings up Diaz. He tells her to get a job and help the city. You're Larel Lance, remember? She asks how well did I do in law school. He gets law books for her. She texts Diaz while he's out of the room. Quentin tells her to do good and she might enjoy it.

John training. Oliver asks Felicity for good news. Then he turns to talk to John. Thanks him for intel from Lyla. He apologizes. John says it's a piece of cloth. You were right. Oliver says when I asked you to take over. When I put it back on until you got on your feet, I meant it. But it's part of me. When I put it on, I feel whole and complete and I really hole this is making sense. I avoided having a tough conversation and I should've been upfront with you. John appreciates the conversation and thanks him. Felicity got a location and they move out.

A couple makes out. Security says we've got a problem. Spartan and Green Arrow invade. Where do you make your Vertigo shipment. John hits him. Where do you ship the V from? Last chance, where's the Vertigo? Oliver tells him to stand down! Why? To do it your way? He'll talk. Dealer says he's way too high to die. The girlfriend shoots the dealer before he can talk. My loyalty is to Diaz.

**What the hell was that, John? Out of control all of a sudden for no reason? God, these writers suck.

Back to the bunker. What happened? We lost Katz. John insists they'd be at the location if he'd been allowed to keep pressure on. Oliver says you got the subject killed. John yells at him. Oliver asks what's going on with you? Mad at me because you're not the Green Arrow is way out of character, my friend. I apologized and you accepted. Then you take a shot at me? John says you didn't back me because it wasn't your play! Let me know when you find the Vertigo. I need some air.

Diaz sneaks into Lance's house. He brought her dinner. She's not hungry. What are you doing here? He's checking in. People like us are the law. You trying to make your daddy proud? I used to be like that with my old man before he died. It's exhausting to be something you're not. He knows she's pretending to be the real Laurel. But the one standing before me, she doesn't need changing. Your fries are getting cold.

John and Lyla. She thanks him for the gift in December. And I found a security breach on my computer. He says the city was at stake. He apologizes. What brings you by? He says Oliver apologized. It was a good apology. But? He says we go out in the field and we come back, and I took a piece out of him over nothing. There's something wrong and I'm worried I'm not going to like it. She says there's not much to like these days. Maybe you think none of this would've happened if you were wearing the hood.

Curtis and the new boyfriend. He doesn't like vigilantes.

John comes back and asks Felicity for the room. She leaves. He tells Oliver the hood is yours. My frustration was never with the uniform. It's with the man underneath it. Oliver doesn't understand. John didn't either. Something gnawed at me. That you needed to be the Green Arrow. It's supposed to be about saving the city, not helping ourselves. Oliver knows that. John says you were never supposed to stretch yourself in so many directions that the people suffer. The way you lead alienates everyone and every thing around you. The surveillance. Saving Vigilante. Laurel and the money. Oliver says you were next to me. John says begging you to not be reckless. You've grown over the years. But you're still you. You might not be the hero the city needs and never will be. Oliver says you're whining about not getting a promotion? John says, no, this is about Diaz. He's already win. Diaz got the city under your watch. Oliver yells at him that Diaz came in when John was wearing the hood and taking drugs. Back and forth screaming. Rene is in the hospital. Rene pulled a gun on me. John says you leave a trail of bodies everywhere you go. What comfort is it to William, who's mother is dead over the bad decisions you've made? Oliver says my trail of bodies doesn't include my own brother. John slugs him. Oliver hits back. John powers through him and a few monitors.

Hitting back and forth. Breaking things. She comes back and yells at them to stop. Diaz is running through the city like a cancer and you to are doing what, exactly? This is what's going to happen? I'm going to look for a needle in a haystack and you two are going to pull your heads out of your asses. They agree she's right. Apologize for punching each other. John says you've done a lot of good. She asks if they've found a thread of sanity.

Curtis tells Dinah that the new guy hates vigilantes. It's Paul all over again. She tells him to live in the moment. You can only see the step ahead of you. Proximity alert. Many of them. Surrounded. We can't defeat Diaz. We tried and we failed. Curtis gets hit.

Vertigo factory. Green Arrow and Spartan on site. We have to trust each other. John says we've been through worse. Call it. Oliver says let's move.

**Okay, so this boils down to stressed out men beating each other up to blow off steam. We have at least half a season just to lead up to that? Oy vey. Why can't they ever go a SUBTLE GRADUAL BUILD ANYMORE??????

Attack starts. Cluster bomb arrow? New toy. John and Oliver taking on many bad guys.

Curtis says I'm okay. But my ribs are broke. He was wearing his uniform under his jacket.

Bigger place than expected. Need to blow up the Vertigo. John shoots a guy before he gets Oliver from the side.

Curtis and Dinah under fire. Opening on the side of the building. Make one! She busts through the wall with the scream. Everybody move!

Blow the building. Big fire ball. Oliver thanks Dig for having his back.

Back to the bunker. John apologizes again. Oliver says you did already and so did I. John knows. But what I said about the calls you made, I can't shake that's it's true. I followed the chain of command for 6 years. But people have lost faith in your leadership. You've become a better man, but with your focus split, a worse leader. I respect you, but if I'm going to be the best version of myself, Oliver, it can't be with you. Oliver says I hope you find what you're looking for, and walks away. Felicity begs John to not do this. He leaves.

Dinah and Curtis got Zoe off to school. How does a girl that small generate so much mess? Curtis says it keeps my mind off things. Like my boyfriend breaking up with me. Dinah asks if you regret him knowing the truth? Curtis says besides the end of the relationship, no. The boyfriend shows up. Hill canned all of them that aren't dirty. Last thing she did before clearing out her desk. Dinah tells him to come in, then leaves. Nick tells Curtis to go first. Curtis says you're not a fan of vigilantes, so if you want to step out.. Nick says I just lost my job for being a clean cop. I don't know how I feel about vigilantes, but I know how I feel about you.

John and Lyla. She asks if he's okay. He says I know it had to be done, but.... I wish I knew what this was, Lyla. I want to keep fighting for the city, but I don't know what that looks like alone. She says maybe you do that with me here. I really could use an extra pair of hands.

Oliver staring out a window. Felicity says I know it's rough. But I'm not going anywhere. phone call. Quentin says turn on any channel. DA conference. Impeach the mayor.

Diaz and Laurel. It was her idea. She says I'm not changing who I really am. He has a surprise. One vial left. And I know just how to use it. They kiss.

Next ep - Oliver flying solo. Felicity wants some space.

No comments:

Post a Comment