Pages

Friday, May 18, 2018

#AgentsofSHIELD 5.22 season finale - "The End" live blog #InfinityWar

"The End"

SEASON FINALE

COULSON'S FUTURE IS AT STAKE, ON THE EXPLOSIVE SEASON FINALE OF ABC'S 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.'

The Episode Was Directed by Jed Whedon

"The End" - Coulson's life or death is the challenge the team finds themselves in, as the wrong decision will cause the destruction of Earth, in the spectacular season finale of "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," FRIDAY, MAY 18 (9:01-10:01 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Henry Simmons as Agent Alphonso "Mack" MacKenzie, and Natalia Cordova-Buckley as Elena "Yo-Yo" Rodriguez.

Guest starring are Adrian Pasdar as Glenn Talbot, Jeff Ward as Deke, Maximilian Osinski as Agent Davis, Briana Venskus as Agent Piper, Lola Glaudini as Polly Hinton, Lexy Kolker as Robin Hinton, Kurt Koehler as Officer Zbyszewski, and Eva La Dare as Jan.

"The End" was written by Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen and directed by Jed Whedon.

Episode 22:

Coulson on a med bed.

Deke hearing the others argue about what to do.

YoYo and FitzSimmons and Mack and Daisy and May. What if someone is bait for Talbot to absorb, to get close enough? Daisy says Robin said Coulson puts the pieces together. She says Coulson is the only one who can put Talbot back together. YoYo take the serum. I can't let you use it for this. He's just one man! You won't listen. I'm in a nightmare! I'm screaming at the top of my lungs and you won't listen! None of you will help me stop this. Not even you. Mack says we have to stick together. She says there's nothing holding us together. He says there's hope! We've always clung to hope. So we vote. We vote. May breaks the odiom. YoYo sobs. May takes the serum. I'm sorry. Mack tries to comfort YoYo and she shrugs him off. FitzSimmons will prepare the remedy. Everyone else should prepare for the end of the world.

Talbot. Time for Robin to point to the place with the liquid metal. He has a globe. I'm going to save it, but I need some help. She refuses. He threatens her. She says you won't. He says of course not. You're just a kid. But I will find a way to win you over. Her mom says you're doing good. Don't help him. Robin says if I don't, this is the last time I see you. Mom is dragged away. Talbot says let's try again. One little dot.

Mack finds YoYo. You're going to die, she says. He says well. Everyone dies. And then we answer up there for what we've done down here. She's not afraid of God. He walks away.

Talbot flies the alien ship to land on buildings in a city. On a city.

**Ant Man and the Wasp commercial. First one was so funny!

Coulson. YoYo visits. He's awake. I heard you were up. He says he's not up to standing, yet. She says you will be. I want you to know, no matter what they say, I was never arguing for you to die. I was just arguing to not bet everything on you. He says I would've taken your side. She knows.

Deke giving instructions for the Lighthouse. Daisy's ready to leave soon. Deke says when you get back, I think I'll be out of here. He shows her his room. Like a squirrel hoarding anything I can find. A damaged person from a damaged world. And Fitz says I'll blink out of existence anyway. Never fit in with the gang. When he met them, he'd never seen a group willing to die for each other. He says if you want to lead one day, fix it. Just my 2 cents. They have a Talbot locale.

Serum brought to Coulson by Simmons. Jemma, remember I was carving in the walls, and you know what happened with Garrett. We've seen what happens when nature doesn't take its course. May asks for a moment. Coulson isn't happy to be out of the decision. She says we want to see you rejoin the fight, but it's up to you if you think more time is worth it. She says I made it clear how I feel. He says I think I did, too. She says yet the word scares you. He's having a hard time leaving her behind. She says so don't.

People running away from Talbot on the streets of the city. He senses for the Gravitonium. Lifts a pillar of earth deep out of the ground to get that little sliver. Absorbs it. The earth pillar falls over.

**Talbot, you could've put that dirt back where you pulled it out of instead of letting it fall on cars and stuff.

Zephyr on the way. 10 minutes out. Robin's tracker on. Mack says we have to clear the civilians, too. May says before the buildings collapse. Daisy tells the team I let my emotions get the best of me. I thought Coulson was the only person to keep us on the same page. I can't hold the team together. But he can. Mack. That's my decision. Mack has the biggest heart. You are our moral center. i don't want to stop being a soldier. Anyone who thinks I'm 100% right about this, raise your hand. They all do. Coulson says couldn't have said it better myself. Hold the applause. He tells Daisy time to suit up. So, what do we do? Mack says save lives.

Chicago PD addresses Talbot. Talbot wants quiet. I can feel my future power coursing through the ground below. Phone calls to all of them. It's Mack. This is SHIELD. We're here to help. We have an aircraft to evacuate civilians. Get them there. We will clear the floors before they collapse. And most important, do not engage the enemy. Do not engage the enemy. We will handle it.

May and Fitz and Mack clearing a building. Robin appears. May takes her in her arms. Mom, they took her away from me. They took her away. Mack asks if Poppy is in here. May says check bottom deck detention level. He says stay with her and goes in.

Quinjet. Daisy will find Talbot. You can do the talking. Coulson isn't going. I can barely stand. She realizes. You didn't take it. He says didn't feel right. Didn't feel like the way it's supposed to go. You would've jammed the syringe in my neck on the Zephyr. She agrees. She says you're the only one who can reach Talbot. He says no. I'm not. I trained you for this. Talk to his sense of honor as a military man. Find the strength in your heart to appeal to his good nature, and if you can't, find the strength in your arms to beat his ass senseless. We're out of time. Go. She leaves, then yells at Coulson to fly back and take it. We fought for you! We fought each other for you.

Mack looking for Poppy. In here. Cell door. He tries to pry it open with shotgun ax.

Fitz asks where's Mack? May says looking for Poppy. Fitz has a horrible realization when he looks at the globe. He tells May that neither of them make it. Oh no.....

Mack pulls the door. She gets out. Thank God you're here. Robin? Don't worry, we have her. Ramoraths show up!

Talbot shaking the ground. Daisy runs at him fast as she can.

Daisy flies at Talbot. They crash into a bus. Stop! People are dying! He says collateral damage is part of war. I need to arm myself to fight the enemies. She says you're becoming the enemy whether you mean to or not.

May saves Mack and Poppy.

Davis finds Coulson passed out.

Daisy says think about your son. Did you see how scared he was? Talbot says it's just because I'm different. He'll see it one day. She says the only people that say the ends justify the means are bad guys. He says I'm becoming a hero. She says you already are one. When we enlist, we become one. You're surrounded by them. We need to be in this together. He says it sounds good. Then cites the Hale and Coulson speeches. I alone can fix this. But you're right. We should join forces. He flies up into the air with her.

Robin and Poppy and Mack out. Fitz coming last.

Coulson not breathing. Davis says he didn't take the serum.

Talbot and Daisy land hard.

Debris covers Fitz! May and Mack try to dig him out.

Simmons runs off. YoYo says forgive me and tries CPR.

Daisy coughing from impact. Talbot wants her power. Hauls her up. I need every weapon I can get in this fight. He's about to absorb her.

The serum isn't in the box.

Robin says something's different.

Simmons says get the defibrillator now! YoYo praying while she works on Coulson.

Daisy injects herself. She breaks free! Talbot says now I'll break you in half. She blasts him straight up into the sky.

Coulson coughs awake.

They uncover Fitz. Mack says we've got you, just hang in there.

Talbot freezes in space. She blew him past the atmosphere.

Fitz says my leg's pinned, I think it's broken. You'll have to carry me out. He says it's a bad break, I can't feel it. May and Mack realize this is so much worse. Mack tells Fitz to relax and breathe. We'll find a way out of this. Okay. Fitz says get Poppy out, she's in danger. May says she's safe now. Mack says you did real good, Turbo. Fitz says Mack? I think my leg's broken. Mack says you've been through worse. Fitz losing consciousness. Then dies! Mack crying. May with silent tears.

Heart beat monitor again. Coulson back on the med bed. Jemma with him. Mack comes in. She's smiling until she looks at his face. The realization.

**I'M NOT CRYING YOU'RE CRYING

In Remembrance.

Jemma packing. A suitcase.

Mack sitting in a hall. YoYo finds him and sits. They cuddle.

Jemma goes to Deke's room? Finds the pocket knife.

Daisy burns Robin's drawings.

May smashes the monolith remnant.

Pouring drinks. Coulson standing. Hold of the Zephyr. He says this is a celebration, not a funeral. Jemma arrives. Mack says remember how good it felt to walk in here when we first got back? They'll miss the Bus. Coulson spent a lot of years...Sorry. I've lived a life surrounded by heroes, none bigger than all of you. Heroes. Because you....because we sign up to get close to people and have them taken away. We all suffered losses. Never lose sight of that. They agree. Never forget. Coulson says but you have to move on. Simmons says no. We hold that place in our heart. We visit from time to time. But we don't move on, even when we say goodbye. Coulson laments he didn't get a chance to say goodbye to Fitz. But she'll tell him. He'll be sad to miss this memorial. Coulson says I'm not dead, yet. The plaque in the cockpit is for Phil. Simmons gives him a reminder that your team always worked the problem, no matter the odds. Fitz is frozen in space somewhere. Jemma says he'll be so happy to learn time is not fixed. And he didn't miss much, did he? Coulson doesn't doubt she'll find him. They hug. Coulson says here's to us. They raise glasses. Who's like us? Damn few. They drink. Smooth. YoYo hugs Coulson. Thank you, Boss. Then Mack. I'll call you every chance I can for advice. Coulson says you won't need it. And my phone is going in the ocean. Hug. Coulson goes to Daisy. How long do you have? Days. Weeks if I'm lucky. But it'll be time well spent. I left a letter in your bunk. I'm so proud. So proud. They hug. She's crying. I love you. I love you, too. And thanks for the spaceship. Yeah. Don't mention it. He opens the hangar door. Walks down the ramp. Looks back. He takes out his sunglasses and puts them on. Steps onto sand.

Hula girl in the cockpit. Daisy in the copilot seat. All are gathered to look out the windows.

Coulson took off his jacket. it's pretty magical. May says so, anything else on your bucket list? He says one thing. She says parasailing? he says yeah, always wanted to try that. They hold hands.

Daisy asks Director, where to first?

May leans on Coulson's shoulder. They watch the team fly away.


So, I went through 3 Kleenex. How did you do?
Season 6 will air 13 episodes in Summer 2019.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. EPs Talk About Season Finale's Emotional Exits
http://tvline.com/2018/05/18/agents-of-shield-recap-season-5-finale-is-clark-gregg-leaving-iain-de-caestecker/

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Did the finale include Infinity War shocker?
http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/18/agents-of-shield-coulson-fitz-death-infinity-war-finale/

Agents of SHIELD's Clark Gregg addresses future with ABC series
http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/18/agents-of-shield-clark-gregg-exit/

No comments:

Post a Comment