Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

#TheOriginals 5.6 - "What, Will, I, Have, Left" live blog #vampires

"What, Will, I, Have, Left"

THE RACE TO SAVE HAYLEY — After learning how she can get Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) back, Hope (Danielle Rose Russell) sets off on a dangerous mission to end the mess she started. Klaus (Joseph Morgan) turns to Caroline (guest star Candice King) for help when he discovers Hope’s plan. Vincent (Yusuf Gatewood) and Freya (Riley Voelkel) clash over whether to let Declan (guest star Torrance Coombs) in on New Orleans’s supernatural secrets. Daniel Gillies also stars. Charles Michael Davis directed the episode written by Marguerite MacIntyre (#506). Original airdate 5/30/2018.

Episode 6:

Manosque. Antoinette gets a visit from her mother. Elijah comes to the door. Greta says it's a pleasure to finally meet him. He says and you.

Hope and Roman in the car. She takes a selfie of them. He asks if she's nervous. She says Aunt Freya said I'd regret it the rest of my life and my dad's journals say it's horrible, so I'm kinda terrified. He's supporting the binding. Hope thinks someone's tracking her. Pull over, i need to be somewhere quiet. She gets out of the car and walks a few feet away. He gets on the phone. I have Hope and a witch. What's next? Can I be somewhere else? Anywhere else? Greta says do as you're told. you're doing well, my darling. I'm proud of you.

Antoinette notices Greta's daylight ring. Greta talks about the purity of the true vampire. Daywalkers are in denial of their natural state. Elijah says they don't know the peace of walking the night without the ring. Greta agrees.

Hope says someone's definitely tracking us. But I can cloak us.

Greta says Roman is in danger. But now he's mixed up with Hope Mikaelson. He's quite fond of her. Roman won't stand a chance against Klaus. The only one strong enough to stand up to him is Elijah.

Caroline tells Klaus what Hope did. Hope's heading toward New Orleans. Klaus asks why? Caroline says ask when you find her. Let's go.

Roman and Hope stop at a house that's a bit rough. Roman is testy. He says you know I like you, right? There are things I have to explain. She says sorry, but the only thing worse than this is waiting to do this. She goes to the door. He says it's spelled. Then makes sure she can enter. Hope finds Hayley tied to a chair. What is this? Hayley recognizes him. Roman puts chains on Hope. I'm so sorry.

Antoinette says my mother has no right to put this on you. And her views are extreme. But she does love Roman. So do I. Years ago, I was left for dead. Greta found me and turned me. She gave me life, I owe her everything. Elijah says my path is clear. She doesn't want him to have anything to do with his family. He says you are my family. Your problem is my problem, your joy is my joy. Let me go, then when it's safe to travel, come and join us. She thanks him. Hugs him.

New Orleans. Vincent and Freya. She drove all night. He's still grumpy. Declan made a missing poster for Hayley. I feel so helpless.

Mammy's Kitchen. Caroline got coffee. We should have a location any minute. She says it's tempting to lash out, but you'll regret it later. She didn't harangue, she gave constructive advice. He says it's been bloody awful. Never know such pain. She says you just became a father. He wonders why Hope would do this? Caroline says some girls like the bad boys. He says you say it like it's inevitable. It's not a right of passage. She says it was for me. If there was a bad boy nearby I'd find him. Some were even way too old for me. He says I'm sure some had very pure intentions. Maybe. Maybe. Caroline gets a text. We have her location. The tracking class failed. But they cloned Hope's phone. Let's go.

Hope asks Roman what's going on? Hayley says he led me to the church. Hope asks how did you know? you got inside my head. You read my mind when you touched me. They tell Hayley that you can live if Hope does the binding spell. Greta said. She just doesn't want you to make hybrids. Do the binding spell and it'll be fine. Hope is shocked to find out Greta is his mother. Hayley says nothing will be fine unless you untie me!

Declan thinks he's the only one doing anything to find Hayley. Freya says we're working with the police. He says Every time I talk to the police, it's like they're hearing about this for the first time. Everyone loves Hayley. So... Why isn't anyone worried like I am? What if she's out there somewhere and needs our help? Freya says Hayley's life is more complicated than you realize and I think there's something you should know. Vincent causes a kitchen fire distraction. Freya asks why he did that?

Roman says hybrids are a perversion. Look at Klaus! They're unnatural. Hayley says hybrids have free will, too. Klaus makes his choices. Henry will learn control. Hope says Henry's dead. They tore his heart out and strung him up. Hayley thinks Greta did it. Roman says my mom just wants peace. Bind yourselves and you'll be free. You'll see! Hayley says you're a fool. Your mother doesn't want to bind us, Roman. She wants to kill us.

4.1 miles. Klaus asks do you regret the time we spent together? Do you? Caroline says no. I don't regret our time together. I just think when we met, I was so young, and I was someone else back then. So were you. He doesn't think he's changed much. She does. You terrified me. I was intrigued, but I never felt relaxed. Or myself. Now look at us. He says so you don't regret it. She doesn't. She thinks she was innocence. A reminder of something he missed. She doesn't think he'd notice her if they met now. He disagrees.

Roman can't get Greta on the phone. Hayley pushes him to think this through. He says werewolves pulled my family apart and Greta saved me. Gave me a family until your father killed them. He says he spent 50 years desiccated in a cave because of Klaus. Greta never stopped searching for me. Hayley says you don't know what a mother's love really is. A mother that loved her son wouldn't use him as a soldier. She's trained you as a terrorist. He disagrees. He's trying to hold on to what he's been told. Hayley pushes. You're willing to risk Hope's life on it? Hope says you have to let us go. He leaves to make a call.

Vincent tells Freya to not tell Declan about the supernatural community. You think it'll make him sleep better at night? Freya says not knowing is worse. She wishes he could be calmed down. Vincent says there's too much compelling in this city already. He'll get over it. She asks why him not knowing is so important to him. He says let's find Hayley.

Hope apologizes to her mother. Hayley says this is Greta. Hope says I was going to do the spell. Dad stopped it at the last minute. Hayley wants her to promise she won't try again. Hope says you don't want me to trigger my wolf side. Hayley says it's complicated. Cracking all your bones in your body really sucks. But running in the woods under a full moon...there's no greater freedom in the world. Hope thought Roman really liked her. Hayley says if we judge ourselves by the men in our lives, we'll never get any peace. Hope wishes she could get them out. And I cloaked us so Aunt Freya can't find us. But she gets an idea. May be a way to call for help.

Vincent says Freya's dead wrong on telling Declan. He deserves a simple life. Cami would be alive right now with a successful practice, a better boyfriend than Klaus, and throwing back a few beers. Ivy says she was free to choose her path. He asks how she's so calm all the time. She's calm because she embraces her life as it is. Being a witch and a seer and a woman. You can't ignore part of yourself and be happy. When were you last happy, Vincent? He says before my wife died. He wants to go back to a time before that pain. She says you'd have to go back before you loved her. I wouldn't choose that for myself.

Roman called Antoinette. She says Greta is on a flight to you. Roman says I'm with Hope and her mother. Mom kidnapped her. Mom told me to follow Hope. They think she wants them dead. Antoinette tells him to stall until she gets there. Please don't do anything drastic.

Caroline pulls over. They get out of the SUV. They should be here. Phone rings. It's Hope's on the side of the road. The selfie photo comes up. Then Klaus sees a photo of Greta and Roman on Roman's phone. Caroline says that's his mother Greta. Klaus now knows this isn't simple teenage rebellion.

Hope asks who Roman called. My sister. There are more of you? He doesn't know what to do. Hope tells him to let them go. Roman says he can't. Hayley says then give Greta what she wants. Call your witch. We'll do the binding spell.

Witch chanting. Freya and Vincent still arguing about Declan. But he changed his mind. He talked to Ivy. She says oh, you listened to Ivy. He says it was unfair of me to keep him in the dark to protect him. Freya says I was trying to protect him from being stuck in his grief. She's been a mess since she broke up with Keelin to fix another family mess. They agree their mortal lives don't have time to waste. When this is over, he'll ask Ivy out and she'll call Keelin.

Witch does spell on Hayley. She screams at the pain. The moonstone is used on her forehead. She screams after telling Hope to look away.

Hayley's beacon. Something's changed. We found her.

Hayley passed out. How do we know if it worked? Witch unties her and Hayley can burn in sunlight. Nothing but a vampire now. Hayley attacks them and they get free. But Hayley can't leave the house. No. But you can.

Vincent finds Declan at the cemetery. Apologizes for the tension. Declan has flowers. He was visiting his cousin's grave. Promised my mother. I'm flying home tomorrow and she'll ask about it. Camille is his cousin! He hadn't seen her in many years. What did you want to talk to me about? Vincent says sorry, you do your thing and I'll catch up with you later, okay?

Hope says Freya will be coming now. Hayley says it's you they want. You are the one that can unite the factions and that goes against everything they believe in. They thrive on hatred, and you my sweet girl are their worst fear. Which means you have to go. Now. You have to go now! But Greta arrives in the doorway and stops Hope. Hayley back in the shadows. Roman wakes. He says Hayley did the binding spell and Hope will, too. Everything will be fine now. We can let them go. Greta says if only we could. Hayley shakes her head at him with a "told you" look on her face.

Klaus and Caroline arrive at the house. Elijah snaps her neck. Klaus asks what are you doing here? Elijah says protecting my family. Klaus says Hope is in there! What about Hayley? Elijah isn't moved. Klaus says if you remembered me, you'd know you can't stop me.

Roman doesn't understand. Greta says we can't let an apex predator to exist.

Klaus tosses Elijah around.

Greta gives a stake to Roman. you know in your heart this is the right thing to do. Show me you believe.

Still fighting.

Hayley tries to appeal to Roman. He begs his mother to not make him do this. Hayley rushes Greta.

Klaus gets inside, but Elijah stabs him in this back. He checks on Roman. Greta rips into Hayley's heart! Hayley screams. Looks at Klaus bleeding on the ground. Then at Hope unconscious. Then to Greta. Closes her eyes. Accepts her fate. She rips off Greta's daylight ring finger and thrusts both of them into the sunlight. They burn up. Klaus screams. They're consumed. Elijah stares outside while Klaus's head is down in grief.

Next ep - Elijah on Greta's vampire team and they're bragging about it. Klaus says let them come. I'm in the mood for a fight.

FANDOM - before you fill someone's Twitter feed with hate mail, remember 1) we don't know what happens in the remaining 7 episodes, and 2) we don't know how the team came to this story decision. These things are often nuanced.

Cast reacts to Hayley's death.

No comments:

Post a Comment