Pages

Friday, May 18, 2018

#Arrow 6.23 - "Life Sentence" live blog #ArrowFinale

"Life Sentence" - Season Finale

THE EPIC SEASON FINALE OF ARROW — With a new ally on his team, Oliver (Stephen Amell) engages Diaz (guest star Kirk Acevedo) in an epic final battle. James Bamford directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Marc Guggenheim (#623). Original airdate 5/17/2018.

Episode 23:

Attack on police.

Sentries not responding. Cop runs into Green Arrow. I'm not alone. Raid on the police station. Dinah. Curtis. FBI. Diggle. Rene. It's a chaotic melee, but the good guys have been winning. Where's Diaz?

Oliver says there's a 3rd base we don't know about. He doesn't have his mask on. Oliver says we have immunity. Diaz is the primary threat. Felicity walks in. Samanda wonders how Diaz knew they'd raid tonight. Oliver walks out.

Calls Anatoly. Big night for you. FBI from foe to friend. Oliver wants to know where Diaz is. Anatoly tells Oliver that he's on the move these days. Diaz gets in the back of the car. Anatoly had gotten dinner. FBI was all over like ants on picnic. Asks Diaz what's his next move? Diaz made friends with the Longbow Brothers. We're going somewhere to mount our counter attack. Be there in an hour.

Dig on the phone with Lyla. She and the kids are at the NORAD bunker. Oliver says if you're staying, you should dress the part. I had a spare made up. I should've done this from the beginning. I'd like to apologize. John thought he wanted this. It means something. It gives our city hope. It'd be diminished if there was more than one. Oliver says for everything along the way, thank you. Felicity sees them shake hands. Anatoly shows up to turn himself in.

Address for Diaz. One hour. He's bringing Longbow Hunters. Oliver says the League was afraid of them in the 50s.

Samanda and Quentin. He gives her authority to work in the city. His phone rings. It's Diaz. Things took a turn. I don't think she's in to me anymore. Listen or Laurel dies a second time. Kick the FBI out of my city tonight or Laurel's dead. Quentin tells him go to hell. She asks what's that? Nothing. He tells her to take Diaz tonight.

Diaz tells Siren that Daddy doesn't love you anymore. If you were the real Laurel, he'd already be here. You came after me because of him! Were you afraid of what I'd do to him while you were gone? Come on, baby, talk to me. Talk to me! She walks away.

Samanda gives orders to the troops. Agents and vigilantes. Felicity says north west corner. That's where they are headed. And surrounded by lasers. Trip wires to what? She says Diaz was never here. It's a trap.

**Diaz finally decided Anatoly was a traitor.

How do we disarm the bombs? Felicity says please get away from the building. She's trying to hack into the radio signal of the bombs. Agent afraid. We're not making it out of here, are we?

Rene calls Zoe. It's Daddy. Everything's fine, I'm safe, I just wanted to hear your voice. I love you. I'm so proud of you. You give my life meaning every day. I love you. I'll see you soon. Okay. Bye.

Diaz calls Anatoly. How many did i get? Diaz says I'll make it last days with you. He triggers the bombs.

Move! Rene runs to get an agent frozen in fear. They get clear of the building. Dinah asks if he's okay.

Rene has the PTSD stare. Oliver checks on him. Samanda told him about the call with Zoe. Rene just wanted to say goodbye. Oliver says he's proud of him. When I met you, I thought you were a thug in a ridiculous costume. I judged you. For far too long. That was a mistake. I'm sorry. You're a good man, Rene. You're the type of man this city deserves. Rene says that means a lot. They shake. Felicity says there's another problem.

They tell Oliver what they know about Diaz. Samanda tells Quentin to ask for proof of life for Laurel. She knows that's not the real Laurel. Quentin yells at Oliver for taking this risk with the real Laurel, or is that why she's dead in the first place?

Diaz calls him. Kick the FBI out in exchange for her life. Quentin wants proof. Diaz will text an address. Come alone or something will happen to her you don't like. Oliver sneaks up and Quentin knows. Oliver says let me try to keep Laurel safe. Trust me. Please. I've earned it. We've knows each other a very long time. Quentin agrees. Asks how he beat the lie detector. Oliver says keep an even pace. Quentin mentions his pacemaker. Oliver didn't know he had one. Quentin doesn't know if his heart can take all this still. Oliver says trust me and this will all work out.

He meets Diaz. Diaz says order the FBI out during a press conference. Quentin won't do anything until he knows Laurel is alive. He says the FBI is tracking me by satellite right now. Take me to my daughter.

Samanda is pissed. Diaz got away again.

Samanda wants to charge Quentin with obstruction. Team asks what the hell was he thinking? Oliver says Quentin went out of his way to tell me he had a pacemaker. He knew we could track it.

Quentin is tossed into her. He's beat up. Locks them up together.

Oliver tells Dinah we have the location. FBI doesn't care if Black Siren is collateral damage. It's up to her to keep her safe. He thanks her for setting her vendetta aside. If I haven't always been sensitive to your loss, I'm truly sorry. She says I could respect you more than you'll ever know. You put together a team of heroes. No small thing. Felicity asks him what's going on? You're doing the Oliver farewell tour. What did you give Watson? Giving up the Green Arrow? He says sort of. She says you can't let Watson get in the middle of this. He says it was my idea. Curtis interrupts. Says we're ready to go.

Show time. Diaz says get in front of the camera and tell the FBI to go or your baby girl gets a third eye. Get over there now! She says don't let him have this city. Diaz insists he'll shoot. She says he's lying! He's bluffing. Diaz counts down until he shoots Quentin in the gut.

She's holding Quentin. Stay with me! Diaz says it'll take him a good chunk of time to bleed out. Get him on the phone and tell the feds to go back to the swamp. I'll show him some mercy. She says I'll kill you. Quentin won't talk. Diaz threatens her again. Then there's an explosion. FBI raid. Heroes charge in. Gunfire and explosions everywhere. Dinah got to Quentin and Laurel. We have to get him to a hospital. They carry him out. Canary screaming. Dinah beats the bad guys while Laurel keeps carrying him out. Dinah comes back.

Diaz calls for a chopper. 5 minutes out. I don't have 5 minutes! Oliver says I agree. Diaz says shoot me. Right here! Oliver attacks him instead. And it's raining.

Quentin in the hands of FBI.

Diaz down. Oliver stabs him with an arrow. Diaz says this is MY city. Want to stop me? Have to kill me. Laurel says he's right, Oliver. Movie with the dog? Is called Old Yeller. She screams and blasts him off the building. Oliver yells at her. You think that fall is going to kill him? She says a girl can only hope. Oliver screams I had him!

Samanda tells Oliver that they can't find Diaz's body. Oliver says he'll turn up. He cloned the drive, though. Give you everyone on the payroll. She says Diaz in the wind doesn't alter our agreement. Oliver knows.

Quentin is septic. He's going into surgery.

Rene says they'll fix you up. Quentin says don't call me Hoss at my funeral. Rene says you're going to make it. He leaves and Oliver says hi. Quentin asks about Diaz. He got away. How? Doesn't matter. We do have the list of everyone he controlled. So we get our city back. Quentin says you did good, Oliver. He knows there are strings attached. Oliver, that's a hell of a sacrifice. Oliver says the way I did things wasn't working. I lost my city and my team. I have to pay penance for that. Quentin says but this is extreme. Oliver says you're a really good father. Q says so are you. Oliver says I had a good example. Q says your dad was a good man. Oliver says I wasn't talking about my dad. Quentin thanks him. For everything.

Laurel meets Sara. Thank you for coming. How is he? In surgery. Doctors are optimistic but you should be here. Laurel says this is strange for you, right? Sara says a little. Asks if she's like my Laurel. Siren says hardly at all.

Rene impatient. Samanda arrives with agent. Mr. Queen, it's time. Felicity asks for what? Oliver says sorry I haven't explained. Hasn't been time. He gives himself up. It was the only way. Samanda says it's federal. FBI stays until Diaz is brought in, but only if Oliver turns himself in. Sara and Laurel come. Doc comes out. Lance seized during the procedure. His brain was deprived of oxygen for 7 minutes. He's gone. I'm very sorry. Samanda says this doesn't change out arrangement. Oliver says I'm so sorry, Sara. All of you, please take care of each other. He leaves. Sara hugs Felicity. Siren is left stunned.

Oliver in custody. Transport in a half hour. Felicity arrives. She blocks the cameras. We have a plan. We'll get you out. Oliver says I'm going to supermax. They'll arrest everyone. William deserves at least one parent. She says you wanted a life after Green Arrow! Oliver wanted to stop Diaz and save them. Not everything went our way. That protective custody.....Lyla will handle everything until Diaz is off the board. We won back the city. I lost it. She says you didn't do that alone. He says I had to find a way to protect everybody. This was the way. Is William here? She says he's outside. Scared. Confused. Oliver asks her to get him. She gets control of her crying, then opens the door. William comes in. Oliver gets up and asks how he's doing? William doesn't understand. Sits. Oliver says I'll explain everything.

He's brought outside in cuffs. Press asks questions. Oliver says I turned myself over to the FBI. I'm the Green Arrow. Roy Harper is not the Green Arrow. Tommy Merlyn is not the Green Arrow. People have given so much and sacrificed everything in the name of my crusade. Some gave their lives to save our city. But the city needs saving. I look to the people of this city. My allies, my friends, my partners....I ask them to continue, to keep fighting, to complete our mission to save our city.

Oliver is prison clothes. He's walked past cells of prisoners. To one empty one. And it closes.



Arrow Boss Breaks Down Finale Death, Blowback for a 'Momentous' Decision
http://tvline.com/2018/05/17/arrow-recap-season-6-finale-paul-blackthorne-leaving-lance-dies-oliver-prison/

Arrow boss on that tragic finale loss
http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/17/arrow-season-6-finale-quentin-lance-death/

No comments:

Post a Comment