Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

#TheOriginals 5.3 - "Ne Me Quitte Pas" live blog #vampires

"Ne Me Quitte Pas"

WHO IS ELIJAH MIKAELSON? - In the immediate aftermath of having his memory erased by Marcel (Charles Michael Davis), Elijah (Daniel Gillies) awakens to find himself in the middle of nowhere and without a clue as to who he is. Unable to control his instinctive vampire ways, Elijah encounters Antoinette (guest star Jaime Murray), a beautiful and free-spirited vampire, who helps him navigate his new life. However, a run-in with Klaus (Joseph Morgan) threatens to destroy the peace he's finally found. Joseph Morgan directed the episode written by K.C. Perry & Michelle Paradise (#503). Original airdate 5/2/2018.

Episode 3:

7 years ago. Elijah gets off a bus. Know where you're going, hon? He says I need food. She says chicken and waffles is 2 miles up the road. Good luck to ya. He spots a vending machine. Breaks the glass accidentally. Chows down on chips. His hand heals from the broken glass. Man comes out and asks if there's a problem. Elijah hears the thumping heart beat. What is that noise? Man calls someone and Elijah bites his neck. the man runs. Drops his keys. Elijah grabs him again.

Stole the dead man's clothes and changed into them. E on a cuff link. The truck. Christian music on the radio. Elijah drives away.

One week later in New York City. He's feeding in an alley. Hears a woman's voice. Nothing to fear. Very good. That's right. Be at peace now. There you go. He finds her. She was feeding in an abandoned building. She says I'm not big on audiences. Unless you want to die, I suggest you run. He thought he was the only one. He chases her, asks tons of questions. What are we? Please. I need you to help me.

A diner. What happened to us? She says we died and we were both worth saving. You've never heard of vampires? He says folklore. Is there a cure? She says why would you want one? It's a small price to pay for our gifts compared to when we were human. He doesn't remember. 6 days ago, I woke up on a bus starving. I was forced to feed. You tell me what gift you can possibly see in this? She says listen. If you were human, it would be a thud, but we hear everything. Used to be noise, now it's music. But we catch fire in the sun. She spots his daylight ring. She prefers the night. You have no idea what happened to you, do you? He says a shadow of something. A man saying my name, but I can't remember my name or his face. My cuff link has an E, so I guess my name begins with E. She says let's call you E. She's Antoinette. He says it's a pleasure to meet her. She pays for the coffee. She asks if the ring and cuff links is all he has. Not quite.

The apartment where he lives. One room rundown place. He says he's lucky if his victims have a wallet. She tells him about compulsion. Is that what you were doing? He heard her whispering. She prefers to avoid the struggle. He shows his suit to her. She suggests maybe he was a butler before. LOL. And a card. He doesn't know what it means, but knows he didn't write it. It says Don't Look Back.

**Amnesia in the human brain is always fascinating to unravel. Some people lose their memories, but not what they've learned. They don't have to relearn how to walk and talk and all the basic things.

Music. A plant. Decorating the place. Elijah went shopping for clothes, too. New sheet for the bed. He's got cash. There's a knock. It's Antoinette. He grins at seeing her. She asks where he heard about a place. He wants to surprise her. A thank you for taking him under her wing. I'll take you some place nice and promise to get you home by midnight. Sounds wholesome. He says if she prefers debauchery, we can do that. Now she's intrigued.

It's a techno club!! With a LOT of vampires feeding on humans. Surprise. I found more of us. He feeds. She tries to leave. Vampires block her. So she goes to the bar.

Elijah finds her outside at a food truck. He asks if he did something wrong. She says she doesn't do group feeds. Vampires like that have a thing about vampires like me. I don't wear the ring or feed like them. They threaten to tie me up and burn me in the sun. He apologizes. She tells him about the family that turned her. They had a lot of rules. She walked away. Then she realized it was the daylight ring. I couldn't embrace what I'd become. So I took it off. Their rules ground me. It's the only way I've found happiness. She apologizes. He wonders what if I never remember. She says you want peace, accept where you are now. We died. And we can't forget that. My death was brutal. Tied to a stake and stoned by my village. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. But now I choose. She is mindful. Compassionate in their last moments. When I do that, everyone benefits. Human death floods them with hormones. Cortisol taints the blood from fear. She tells him that's all he's ever tasted. She finds a man to feed on. Invites Elijah in. He feeds. He gasps. The man goes limp. She asks if it was worth it? Without question. That seemed VERY sensual.

So the water burial is a ritual. Then she'll fly off to Transylvania. Sleep hanging upside down like a bat. LOL. She makes a French comment and Elijah speaks French. She asks if he can play. A piano set up in the park with a Play Me sign. She starts a song. Slides over for him to sit, too. Put your fingers on mine. He does. He says wait.....I know this feeling. I know this! Then they stop. We're being watched. He runs off to tackle Marcel! Elijah, what the hell are you doing here?! Surprise.......

Who are you? Marcel says doesn't matter. You need to leave this city. Go Now. Or I'll kill you both. He leaves. Elijah says that's the face of the man I couldn't remember. We have to go after him. She says it's almost daylight. She doesn't want to dive into this. Elijah says don't let me do this on my own. I can't. She says you have to. She understands. But this isn't how I live my life anymore. She kisses his cheek. Good luck....Elijah. It was nice sharing New York City with you.

Apartment. He's obsessing. Killing vampires for answers. And not finding anything. Just descending into darkness. He killed the whole club. Marcel calls him a pain in my ass. The note in your pocket. Elijah asks how do you know about that? Marcel says I wrote it. you asked me to! You did this for someone. I kid, a girl. She means everything for you. Keep going down this path and you'll hurt her. You did the right thing. Trust yourself, Elijah, and make a life somewhere else. Police sirens.

Manosque. The piano bar. He found her. She's playing and everyone is transfixed. The song ends. They clap. She sees him. He's smiling. She asks what he's doing here? Looking for you. She asks if he learned anything. He says only that obsessing about my past brings me misery and torment, and that I miss you. Can you forgive me? She says there's nothing to forgive. She kisses him.

**As much as I've liked him and Hayley, at least at times, this new relationship is working for me. Her decency, moral code, and chemistry with Elijah. And after all he went through with the family, including Klaus getting in the way of every woman Elijah ever loved, he deserves this. Freedom to be in the now. Freedom from world-ending conflicts and dangers and responsibility. When have we ever seen him smile so freely and frequently? So far, this woman is good for him.

Present Day. Elijah and Antoinette play some jazz together. Everyone claps. he stares at her. 7 years ago I walked into this bar. Seeing you is a sensation I can't describe to you. Whoever I am now, I want you. He's proposing! If you'll have me. She says wait. We need champagne. She goes looking for a bottle. Klaus breaks it. Do you know who I am? He grabs her. All good things come to an end. Your services are no longer required. I'm taking my brother home tonight. He compels her to reject Elijah, walk out of this bar, and walk out of his life forever.

She says I have something to tell you and it won't be easy to hear. Play with me. She says I tried to force myself to forget you. To stay present. To forget you. Then you showed up. These years have been the happiest of my life, too. But it seems... Your past has caught up with you. A man confronted me. He tried to compel me to walk away from you forever. He said he's come to take you home. Elijah tells her to get everyone out of here immediately. Please. She speaks French to the crowd. They all go. Elijah starts a new song. It's dramatic. And he's pissed off. Glaring at Klaus coming in. Your name is Elijah Mikaelson. Your family needs your help. Our family is in crisis. I've come to take you back to New Orleans.

**Dammit, Klaus! Trying to break Elijah's heart again. You could try to get him to come back with you without doing that to him. Or, do this without him! The Hollow can't have all of you in New Orleans.

**Wonder how Antoinette blocked the compulsion?

Say something brother? I'm not your brother. you are and your family needs you. You will return home, willingly or otherwise. Elijah picks otherwise. Klaus yells at him. Elijah won't let him destroy the life he has now. Tosses Klaus. Klaus says there are consequences to us being here! Elijah says so leave! Klaus wouldn't come unless it was dire. Klaus begs him. Hayley is missing. Hayley. That name must mean something to you! Elijah says no more than Mikaelson. Klaus says we are your family You love us! You love me! She stakes Klaus and they run.

We have to get to the catacombs. Klaus catches up. He begs Elijah again. We are your family Everyone you love needs you now. Elijah says everyone I love is right here. I know who I am. I ran into Marcel Girard. He said my name and that was all I needed to learn. I know about you. All of you. And I don't care about any of you. Klaus says you may have names, but you lack all the feelings. The loyalty! Elijah says from what I understand, that poor bastard was lucky to find any moment of pleasure. That's not me. I love this life. I love it all. The night. The taste of my prey. I worship every dawn here where I am truly loved. Klaus says pretty poetry, but it means nothing without family and purpose. You were a king amongst men. We both were. We had glorious times together and we will have more of them still. Please. Elijah. Elijah says Elijah Mikaelson is dead and breaks Klaus' neck. Holds his hand out for Antoinette. She comes to him. They touch foreheads.

**Her bravery proves she's worthy, too.

Packing. We need to get moving. He says you knew Klaus was an Original. You knew about me. How long have you been taking vervain? She says since the first time I saw you. The stories about your family are legendary. What if I told you something that put you in danger? I'm sorry I lied. But you kept a secret. Why did you hide who you are from me? He doesn't want her to see that part of him. She says it's not who you are, who you've become. We choose who we are. Every moment. Please. We still have a lot to talk about but we need to go before Klaus comes back. Elijah says he's not coming back. Renouncing him the way I did. I saw it. The light vanished from his eyes. He was broken.

Klaus wakes. Takes out his phone. He tells Freya I couldn't find him in France. He's gone.

Klaus is leaving and he's not coming back. She asks who is Hayley? He says someone Elijah loved in another lifetime. I can't imagine loving anyone like I love you. So we need champagne. He wants her to know he's all in. He takes off his daylight ring. Then proposes. Marry me. She says yes, a thousand times yes. They kiss. And smile. He says one more thing. A box. He's making his past the ashes. He opens the drapes. Goodbye, Elijah Mikaelson. He flames up!

Next ep - Blood, gore, screaming, death. Klaus says we all know how the story goes. I win.

No comments:

Post a Comment