Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

#TheOriginals 5.7 - "God's Gonna Trouble the Water" live blog #vampires

"God's Gonna Trouble the Water"

THE RETURN TO NEW ORLEANS - Ivy (guest star Shiva Kalaiselvan) reveals some startling news to Klaus (Joseph Morgan) about the dark magic that's been keeping him away from his family. Elijah (Daniel Gillies) turns to some unexpected allies to save Antoinette's (guest star Jaime Murray) life. Danielle Rose Russell, Charles Michael Davis, Riley Voelkel, and Steven Krueger also star. Carl Seaton directed the episode written by Bianca Sams & Julie Plec (#507). Original airdate 6/6/2018.

Episode 7:

Lyrics:

Wade in the water
Wade in the water
Children wade, in the water
God's gonna trouble the water
Who's that young girl dressed in red
Wade in the water
Must be the children that Moses led
God's gonna trouble the water
Wade in the water, wade in the water children
Wade in the water,
God's gonna trouble the water
Who's that young girl dressed in white
Wade in the water
Must be the children of the Israelite
Oh, God's gonna trouble the water
Wade in the water, wade in the water children
Wade in the water,
God's gonna trouble the water
Who's that young girl dressed in blue
Wade in the water
Must be the children that's coming through,
God's gonna trouble the water, yeah
Wade in the water, wade in the water children
Wade in the water,
God's gonna trouble the water
You don't believe I've been redeemed,
Wade in the water
Just so the whole lake goes looking for me
God's gonna trouble the water
Wade in the water, wade in the water children
Wade in the water,
God's gonna trouble the water

Songwriters: Willie Mae Thornton
Wade in the Water lyrics © BMG Rights Management US, LLC

Hope laying on the ground. She gasps awake. Mom? Mom? She's at school with Freya. Where's my mom?! What....? Freya says she's gone. Hope doesn't want to believe it, crying on Freya's shoulder.

Quiet morning in New Orleans. Trumpet music. Klaus sitting in the dark at the desk. A note arrives. Letter from Caroline. You and I are no strangers to heartbreak, yet each loss hits more deeply than the one before. She's a phone call away if he needs a friend. With all my sorrow and love for you and your family. Caroline.

Josh blames himself for Greta getting away. Vincent says you got burned by the flame like everyone else. Today is about grieving. He set a truce between factions. Separate events. Josh worries about Klaus behaving. Marcel says Klaus will do the right thing for Hope and New Orleans. Toasts Hayley. May she sleep with the angels. Sure she'll teach them a thing or two.

Salvatore school. Hope in her closet. She passes over outfit after outfit.

Klaus talks to Freya on the phone. Vincent is having Ivy do astral projection so he can be with Hope at the funeral. He's not happy with the distance. He wants to be there to hold her hand. This is her mother's funeral! I'm sick and tired of--- There's another Mikaelson in New Orleans. The flowers have died. Freya says Rebekah and Kol know to stay away and Hope is with me. Klaus says Elijah.

Elijah and Antoinette arrive with Greta's people. They invited them. You slayed a hybrid. You're a hero here. Sorry for the location. They took our daylight rings. But Greta always says the simplest path was the correct one. Should we expect your brother? Antoinette says he's not welcome in this city. He'll stay away. She calls her Father's views extreme. The vampires say they're needed. They want to rid the city of abominations. She says it hasn't been a movement in over a century for good reason. He says it's not a movement, it's an army. Elijah isn't impressed. Vampire says you're early. More flood into the suite. Elijah's face lights up.

Ivy pours Vincent a drink. She brought a grimoire from a seer ancestor. There is a prophecy. All the signs that have happened so far. And it gets worse.

Antoinette says that was very very weird. Elijah says Greta was intense. She says my mother's the bad guy here. They killed Hayley Marshall. She meant something to you. We need to talk about-- Klaus attacks and snaps Elijah's neck and bites Antoinette. Get them out of my city.

Elijah wakes in chains. Antoinette comforts him. Elijah understands Klaus's anger here. She says we were foolish to go there. We should've stayed away. Elijah understands the anger. But this game..... She doesn't think it's a game. She shows him the bite mark. He's horrified.

Marcel confronts Klaus. What do you think they'll do when they find out you murdered Greta's daughter? Elijah calls Klaus. What did you do? Klaus says ask yourself. Elijah says you forced me to watch her die so I'd feel it. Anything happens to her, I won't ever forgive this. Klaus says there's no forgiveness to seek because we're no longer family. Elijah wants to make a deal. My memory. Marcel and Vincent did a spell. They can bring it back. Klaus says you would do that for her? Elijah says without hesitation. Klaus says your offer is rejected.

Marcel says you can get your brother back! Klaus says he let Hayley die! You didn't see her face. She thought Elijah was there for her. But he wasn't and he didn't. Elijah is dead. Hope is landing soon. I need to be gone.

Elijah doesn't want to lose Antoinette. She says the only thing that will save me is the creature Greta despised. Maybe this is God's punishment. Maybe I deserve this. Elijah says stop. We need to fight. She says what happens when you have your memory back. The 7 years we shared is no match for 1000 years of loving them. And loving her. He says I won't stop loving you. She doesn't want this to end. He says you will live. I will find a way to get that cure. He calls Marcel.

Marcel tells Vincent about the deal. Elijah will go back to France and he'll take Greta's Nazis with him. Vincent is skeptical. Marcel says it'll be a long time before Elijah and Klaus find their way back to each other. We let Elijah's girlfriend die, we radicalize them. Vincent says no matter what, we can't let Mikaelsons stay in New Orleans. You think the blood rain is bad, wait till you hear from the witches.

Hope asking for her dad. Freya points out Josh. Hope asks about Declan. Freya says he's in Ireland. She was so focused on everyone else, she forgot him. The procession starts.

Klaus is mad at Ivy. You're late. He says my daughter is waiting! Ivy isn't messing with him, not on the day he buries his daughter's mother. Give me your hands. He says don't transport me to the bottom of the Mississippi, hmm? She'll do her best.

Hope says this is all wrong. Mom didn't know these people. Freya says she touched a lot of lives and means something to New Orleans. Hope asks Where are all of her friends? Freya's phone buzzes. Where are you? What are you doing? Marcel says cover for us. Hope is freaking out over the happy procession style. This is all wrong.

Ivy chanting. It's magic, not pay per view.

Klaus arrives in the crowd. He searches for Hope.

Vans pull in! Klaus reaches Freya. Josh confronts the Nazi vampires. They demand Elijah and Antoinette.

Klaus back in his body and wants to protect his daughter. Ivy says I'm sorry, but I can't let you go!

Freya wants Hope to leave and Hope says no. She lights a van on fire! People run away screaming. She chants at the other van and Josh gets her out of the line of fire.

Klaus ranting. Ivy says you'll care about this! Read. This! Fire across the water, monsoons across the sea, the death of all firstborns.

Antoinette wants to be cremated. Her ashes in Manosque. Elijah says you're not going to die. Marcel and Vincent arrive to their cell. Brought the cure. Elijah meets Vincent. Heal her first. Vincent says that's not how it works. Marcel says when it's done, I promise.

Ivy says We're all in danger, every firstborn that calls the city home. There isn't much left until the end. I'm sorry. Klaus wants to go back with astral projection. Send me to my daughter.

In the house. Hope says go away. Leave! You deserted me. You left me all by myself. You promised you'd be there. He says I wanted to be there. I only just found out how dangerous it is. I could kill you! She says let me die! My mom is dead, she's dead, and it's my fault. I need more than some half version of you. I can't live like this, I don't want to live like this anymore. He says don't say that. She says you need to go, just go, and sends him back to his body.

Ivy asks if he's okay. By his face, he's very much not. Joseph always puts so much in Klaus's eyes.

**1000 years of pain, all the way back to Mikael being an awful abusive father. This family has only ever known brief moments of peace.

In the woods. Jackson Kenner tree. Klaus carves Hayley Marshall below that. I should've been there for you and for Hope. But I was scared of this very moment. this family, hmm. We're a curse to each other and our home. I know she needs me, I see that now, but loving her brings her closer to death, and I want her to live. To grow up. To love. Be as strong and beautiful a woman as her mother. He caresses the letters. I don't know what to do. And I really wish you were here to tell me. He's crying. Little Wolf.

Elijah. Are you ready? I am. Vincent puts him in a circle. Chants on his head. Candles light. Elijah's head drops forward and Marcel comes in. The promise of always and forever anchored you, grounded you for 1000 years. Remember that love. The bond. Open the red door. Let it all back in. Elijah in the white hallway. Sounds of fighting behind the door. Elijah resisting. I can't, I can't. Marcel pushes. Let it all back in. More fighting behind the door. Klaus yelling at Elijah. Elijah resisting again. Marcel says remember the bond, Always and Forever. Elijah walks closer to the red door. Almost grips the handle. Marcel tells him to remember Hayley! Elijah screams and falls down. Marcel asks what the hell just happened?

Freya says the prophecy is real. Klaus says when we took the Hollow away from her, I had no idea this would ruin Hope this way. We were only trying to save her. Freya says she's in her room looking for a spell that doesn't exist for a problem that can't be solved. I feel so-- He says helpless. He'll be gone from the bayou soon. She tells him Marcel and Vincent are giving Elijah his memories. He says then we've lost him. I was trying to save him from himself. She says I'm sorry. But it's too late. Klaus says goodbye, Freya. Hangs up.

Freya weeps. Hope sees from the doorway.

**Yes, Hope, you're not the only one grieving today. It's easy as a teenager to think it's all about you, but you'll learn that adults try to control their emotions to be strong for the kids because it's all they can think to do. You never know if the child will be comforted by your tears or sent into chaos.

Elijah isn't waking. His mind isn't in the body. Antoinette had nothing to do with this. Marcel says you better hope he wakes to clear your name and get you this. He says if Elijah doesn't wake in time, just consider yourself another one of Greta's innocent victims. They leave the cell.

Bayou. Freya chanting. Hope tells her I know how much you've lost trying to get our family back together and you don't think there's anything we can do. But I think there is. We have to save always and forever. I'd really like your help figuring it out. Freya says anything you need. Hope asks for the necklace. Marcel and Josh and Vincent arrive. Keelin, too. They hug. She got on a plane as soon as she heard. Crescent moon above. Freya addresses the crowd. No one forgets the way you made them feel. Hayley Marshall made me feel like I was part of a family. We laughed, we cried. When I failed, she lifted me up. When I succeeded, she danced by my side. She did that for all of us. No one will replace her or heal the pain we feel at her loss. But we can live by her actions and words. We can love each other the way she'd want us to love. The body raft is lit. Hope says Goodbye, Mother. Klaus takes Hope's hand. You can't be here. He says yes I can, just for a moment. I need to be here with my daughter. Rain overhead. Let's pack it in everyone. Take shelter. They leave Klaus and Hope at the dock. He says I'll always be here for you. I'll call and write, and Freya will allow us time together with her magic. This is the last time we can do this. Come here, sweetheart. He hugs her and fire spreads on the water. Hope says I'll fix this for us. He hopes she does. She says you should go. He says one more minute. I love you. I love you, too. He runs.

At the car. Witch snaps his neck.

He wakes in the compound. And can't leave. Elijah says it's no use. Klaus tells him to stay away from me. Elijah isn't here for the pleasure of his company. There's no way out. We're trapped here. Thunder and lightning.

Next ep - Elijah's mental maze. Rebekah and Kol and Elijah and Klaus. Elijah, what have you done?

No comments:

Post a Comment