Pages

Monday, November 26, 2018

#Arrow 7.7 - “The Slabside Redemption” live recap

“The Slabside Redemption”

JAMES BAMFORD DIRECTS AN EPIC EPISODE - Oliver (Stephen Amell) makes a choice that will affect his entire life, as well as the lives of everyone he cares about. James Bamford directed the episode written by Jill Blankenship & Rebecca Bellotto (#707). Original airdate 11/26/2018.

Episode 7:

Oliver wakes. Sits up in his cell. Good morning, 4587. Beautiful day. As of this afternoon, you will be a pain in someone else's ass. 

Diaz brought to Slabside. And paid a guard to shoot the others. Get me a change of clothes and get rid of them. I have a score to settle. 

Stanley and Oliver. Stanley will miss him. Maybe now you're getting out, maybe your friend Laurel could help with my appeal, too? Oliver says I won't help you. In here is exactly where you belong. You killed Dunbar and manipulated me into blaming Turner for it. Stanley says I did what Green Arrow did to the bad guy. Prison changes people. Oliver says it didn't change me. When I get out of here, I promise you, you'll face justice for what you did. Stanley says then I'll spend the rest of my life in here. Oliver knows. It's what you deserve. 

Brick tells Oliver he's a lucky boy. Oliver says after today, you'll never see my face again. Brick says he wouldn't be surprised to see him again. This isn't goodbye, Queen. 

Oliver visits Turner. I know you didn't kill Officer Dunbar. I made a mistake and I'm sorry. I'll speak with Lyla Michaels at ARGUS and make a deal, okay? Turner says I know what promises are worth with people like you. Oliver says you saved Lyla's life. If you can be that hero again, you deserve a chance to try. I'll do what I can to make this right. 

Guard comes for Oliver. You've got a visitor. To the phone. It's Diaz! Hello, Oliver. Oliver closes his eyes with a look of Well, son of a bitch. Or Fuck me sideways. Or Not again. With a side of Of course you're here.

To the phone. Diaz says I here prison life hasn't been treating you so well. Don't make demands. Unless you want a whole bunch of innocent people to die. When I heard you were getting released today, it felt like my last chance at payback was getting away, and I couldn't have that. I've been in and out of places like this my whole life. I know how to handle guards. You're just a number. it's pretty dehumanizing, isn't it? Bet you didn't think about that when you locked people up in here. Oliver says I will end you. Diaz says you'll die today and I'm going to be the one to do it. But before that, you will suffer the way you made me suffer. Felicity. Little William. And I'm going to make sure this time, I finish the job. Oliver punches the glass until it spider webs. Guard drag him away and taze him. 

Diaz gets questioned by a guard. Where do you think you're going?

Oliver tossed in his cell. Guard says as long as you are in here you will still follow the rules. Oliver tries to convince the man Diaz is here and they need help. Guard says trust me, we have it covered. Oliver says that's not enough to stop him. Stanley asks what are we going to do? Oliver starts preparing. Stanley says I know you're mad, but this is Diaz. Everyone deserves a second chance, right? Oliver makes a bomb to pop his lock. If you won't call for backup, I will. Let me go. You don't want this. Guard says stand down and comes for him. Oliver disables him and runs. Guards chasing him. Initiate lock down procedure! Oliver gets past one gate closing. 

Out in the yard. Brick is impatient. Diaz comes in. Look at yourselves. You're on your knees. Cowering before men who are beneath you. I've been where you are. I know how it feels to be treated like an animal. You can only tolerate it for so long. Diaz starts killing guards. Stand up! These guards have imprisoned you. Disrespected you! Taunted you! Do you all want to make em pay? Want to make em pay? Make em pay!

Oliver quietly subduing guards in the halls. Runs into Brick and the other guy. Oliver says Diaz won't think twice about killing us all! Brick says I just met him. He seemed like a reasonable chap. They have plans. But I can always take time out for a bit of fun. They attack Oliver. Use pepper spray from the guard. Get him down and beat on him. Turner stabs Samson. Oliver says Samson, you have maybe 6 minutes before you bleed out. Turner attacking Brick. Brick leaves. Turner and Oliver together. To the guard lockers. Oliver looking in lockers for a phone. Calls on one. No cell service. Diaz says the Longbow Hunters jammed the signal on the walkie talkie. You're so predictable. Calling for help. Trying to save the day. Diaz has a hostage. You have failed the city, Oliver Queen. Oliver says let him go! Diaz says not this time. Not anymore. He kills the guard. How's it feel somebody else playing God? Oliver says it's between you and me. No one else needs to die. Diaz says wrong! You will know these men died because of you! Want to know what it's like going against the entire prison? He unlocks ALL the cells.

Oliver tells Turner to keep his head down. Diaz is watching us. He's in the control room. Turner says we're not some kind of team. Oliver says Diaz is killing hostages. You said you've changed. Prove it. They have to get to the mess hall. 

Prisoners beating guards with the night sticks. Oliver won't let innocents die. So he and Turner go up to save them. Turner gets a guard and Oliver gets the other. Thanks, Queen. Where are the rest? Panic room. Some are in the Mess Hall. Diaz is killing them for sport. Around 30 inmates in the mess hall. Oliver tells Turner to take them to the panic room. I'll meet you in the commissary. If we're going against 30 inmates, we need weapons. 

Stanley drugs Oliver. Sorry about the sedative. I was trying to get your attention. Oliver says I'm trying to stop Diaz from killing everyone in the prison. I need your help. Untie me and we'll make a plan and you can be my sidekick. Stanley wants to escape. Oliver says we could, but what about Diaz? I can't leave all these people to die. Stanley says you were going to leave me. Abandon me to Brick and Samson. I did nothing wrong. You're the Green Arrow and you think I'm a bad guy and you think I'm what everyone says I am. Everything I did, I didn't have a choice! Those people had it coming! We make such a great team. Let's get out of here and be partners. Oliver attacks him. Stanley asks why did you do that? Oliver knocks him out. Locks him in. Finally gets to Turner. 

Turner can't believe he's working with the Green Arrow. Oliver says you aren't. Maybe prison has compromised my judgment of people. Turner says the Green Arrow saw things as black and white. But in here, now you know there's gray out there, too. Maybe that makes you a better hero. Yeah. Oliver grabs something off a shelf. Turner says I know it's bad for you, but do you really think you're going to stop Diaz with a can of soda? Oliver says we're about to find out.

Guards being beating while they hand by their wrists in the mess hall. Brick smiles at the scene. Diaz watches the monitors. Brick says planning some kind of light show? Nice to know someone hates Queen as much as I do. He's a cockroach. Refuses to die. Oliver arrives. Let those guards go. Diaz says I told you. I want to see you suffer before you die. He punches Oliver. I've been waiting to do that for a long time. Oliver says get your shots in while you can. You will rot in a place just like this. Diaz says I will take you with me. Oliver says you sure about that? And starts fighting prisoners. 

Turner uses Brick as a counterweight for Oliver to get upstairs. 

Diaz says calling for help won't save you! this place is going to be ask long before anyone gets here. He fries the system. Sparks until things are on fire. Yeah. Okay. Good grief, Arrow, simple electronic physics here. The short should've popped a breaker and there would be no fire.

Oliver and Turner get people out of the burning room. Tells Turner to get them to the secure courtyard. Turner gives him a blade. You'll need this. No half measures.

Oliver searching. Cell room has stuff on fire. Diaz attacks him from behind. Let's do this. He cuts Oliver. Getting the upper hand on Oliver. Oliver ends up on the ground floor. Diaz comes down. I'm a lot stronger now. Oliver tries to reach the blade. Diaz stabs him. Prison's made you weak! Kicks Oliver and again. Oliver struggles to get to his feet. Diaz tells him to get up. Then kicks him in the face. Then punching him again and again. Kicks him into a cell. Guess what you and Felicity have in common? Diaz looks at the photo. She tried to kill me. Put a gun to my face. She was about to pull the trigger. Oliver says that's not her. Diaz says it is now. It's what you made her. Oliver stabs him. Head butts him. Diaz leaves a smear on the mirror. Oliver kneels down and picks up the torn photograph and his book and closes the cell door. 

Morgue. Stanley finds Brick. Only way out is through the morgue but you don't have to be dead. Stanley stabs Brick in the side. Brick falls. Actually, I think you do. Shouldn't have been so mean to me. Stanley goes out. 

Guards and Turner walking around. Count of Monte Cristo book left behind. Guard thanks him. Without you, we'd all be dead. 

Oliver limping out. John and Felicity on the other side of the gate. She goes to him. Caresses his face and kisses him. They hug. 

Next ep - What now? Old habits die hard. Dinah says you shouldn't be shooting people your first week out of prison. Yeah, that's good advice. LOL. Oliver back in the suit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment