Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2018

#Supernatural 14.7 - “Unhuman Nature” live recap #spn

“Unhuman Nature”

CARPE DIEM — Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Castiel (Misha Collins) track down a Shaman (guest star Dimitri Vantis), who may be able to help a friend. Nick (Mark Pellegrino) continues to spiral down a dark path as he looks for answers surrounding the deaths of his wife and son. Jack (Alexander Calvert) turns to Dean (Jensen Ackles) for help enjoying the human experience. John Showalter directed the episode written by Eugenie Ross-Leming & Brad Buckner (#1407). Original airdate 11/29/2018.

Episode 7:

Lucifer's meat suit Nick is talking to someone. I hate that it feels so good. I know I've taken up enough of your time. You really should've helped me. He crucified and slit the throat of a priest because he didn't tell him the confession of his family's killer. 

Cas with Jack. Tries to heal him. But Jack only coughs up more blood. 

Sam and Dean in the hall waiting to hear what Cas has to say. Cas doesn't know what's wrong with Jack. They hear a noise. Jack fell out of bed seizing. They rush him to a hospital. Nurse wants info before admitting him. Sam gives info. Dean fibbing. And Jack has a seizure again. So now he's rushed into the ER. They push the boys outside the room. They watch through the glass.

Waiting. And waiting. 

A cafe. Woman walks into the diner. Sits with Nick. He tracked her down. She left the town six years ago. He thanks her for seeing him. She spoke to him the morning after his family was murdered. He tells her his neighbor was killed a few weeks ago. I'm looking for answers. My family. The case was never solved. Arty changed his story. She says it happens. He says you gave up on the story. She says the cops had nothing to say. There was no evidence. So I moved on. He says he can't. As soon as I figure out what happened that night, these demons will disappear. He asks who was assigned to his neighborhood that night. She says......Frank Kellogg. He's in Montauk. 

Jack unconscious. Boys still waiting outside. Dean thought it would be a vampire or ghoul, not a cough. Doc comes out. Sam asks what do we know. She says all the tests are negative. He's very ill but we don't know why. We have to run more tests. Dean asks what is happening to him right now? She says Jack's body is shutting down.

Cas sitting with Jack in ICU. Sam and Dean say we're done here. We can't tell them what Jack is. Dean was thinking Rowena. Sam already called her. Doc isn't happy they're taking Jack. She says if he leaves the hospital, we're no longer responsible for him. 

Rowena arrives with the Book of the Damned. How sick is Dean? Yeah, about that.... Somebody is sick, but... He asks if she knew Jack? He's um, Lucifer's son. He's a great kid. Her mother was a fantastic human being. Lucifer stole Jack's grace and Jack is dying and we don't know why. She says the world is better without the both of them. Jack says you may be right. I'm trying hard to not be like my father. Sam and Dean say nice things about you. You saved all of us from Apocalypse World. So before you go, I want to say thank you. Then he's coughing again. Bollocks.

She chants over Jack. Her eyes glow purple again. Jack asks how am I?

Dean pacing again. She comes out. Nephalim is unnatural. It's grace holds it in balance. His cells are gobbling each other up. Cas offers his grace. She says Jack needs a stronger force. He's entering a critical phase. Dean gets wonky. Like he's watching and hearing from far away.

Nick sitting in a car watching a woman talk on the phone. Don't do it, Don't do it.... He gets out and approaches her. You're out here alone, that's dangerous, isn't it? Weird, sounded weird. I meant be safe. She just had to use her phone and she's heading back in the club. She asks him in to meet her friends. he says it's so loud in there. She says it's the best part. Come on, it'll be fun. he tells her to get away from me. Get away form me now! GO! He had a knife and was going to.........

Dean brings food and milk. Jack wants to go to Vegas. Maybe Tahiti. Dean says you think it's the best time? Jack says it is. It looks like I have a couple weeks. I'm done being special. I want to live my life. Get a tan or see a hockey game. Get a parking ticket. Get bored. And when it's all over, die. I don't want to waste time arguing. I know you disagree. Dean says did I say I disagree?

Sam and Rowena on phones. Cas tells Dean the books have nothing. Witches, too. Sam talked to Ketch. He'll talk to a shaman. A consultant to solve the unsolvable. Brits swore by him. Dean goes fuzzy again. Cas will go. Jack joins Dean. We're headed out. Where? Taking Baby for some exercise. Sam says do you think that's a good idea? Dean says yeah. They leave.

Get food. Dean gives Jack the keys. Teaching him to drive. Put it in park. Start it. Now Drive. Brake! Alright. Keep going. Dean says try using one foot, not two, and relax. Don't overthink it. Whoa, let's keep it between the lines. Dean turns on the radio. Jack says it's like I'm you! No. It's not. LOL. Eyes on the road. feels good, doesn't she? Yeah. Jack says this is the best day ever! Dean tells him to put the pedal down. Yeah!

Cas about to go talk to Sergei. Sam asks if he's sure he wants to handle this alone. Cas feels the need to do something. Dean said we can't overlook anything. Sam says Dean was rough on Jack in the beginning and he hasn't forgotten. Or forgiven himself. Sam says we've all lost people but... Cas says this feels different. Losing a son feels different. 

Jack says I can drive. I'm a driver. LOL. Dean knows a bar around here. High on hook-up potential. Jack has an idea.

Nick knocks at a house. Guy comes to the door. Frank Kellogg? Nick wants to talk to him about Pike Creek. You were a cop. Frank doesn't remember him. Nick says my wife and son were there alone until you showed up. Nick attacks him. So let's talk. 

River. They've gone fishing. Bait and beer. You are a cheap date. Jack says you once told me you and your father did the same thing. It was your happiest memory of him. It was how you said it. I could tell. If I don't make it. Stuff I'd miss.....I'd miss more time with you. It's time together that matters. Like this. Dean says who knew hanging out with me would make you sentimental? Jack says I've had a good life, Dean.

Cas arrives. Sergei? He's in a ring of fire. Sergei comes out with a shotgun. Cas says is the holy fire really necessary? 

Sergei invites him in to sit. Sergei has traveled the globe, studying. Cas asks what do you do? Answer the unanswerable. Know the unknowable. And I'm first and foremost a healer. He hasn't met Ketch personally but knows his reputation. He says Jack's condition is dire. Is it reversible? No. But it can be shocked out of progression. Like rebooting a computer. You need a healer and..... A vial of archangel grace. Gabriel traded it to hide in Monte Carlo. It must be administered along with a spell. And what is all of this going to cost? Sergei never takes money. He barters. What is it you want? I don't know. But tell the Winchesters they owe me. 

Nick beating up Frank. tells him again about Arty changing his mind. I paid him a visit. I was very, very persuasive. Arty says it was a cop. The cops threatened him to keep his mouth shut. They protected one of their own. Frank asks what does this have to do with me? Nick talked to the reporter. got the name of a beat cop. See where I'm going with this? Frank says your wife called the precinct. Thought she heard a prowler. I walked up. There was this guy. Abraxis. Then I was in the patrol car covered in blood. Nick knows that name.....Lucifer knew that name. frank was out of his head that night. I wouldn't kill anyone! Nick knows. You were possessed. You were possessed. It's not your fault. But this was the hand that murdered my family. Even if it wasn't you, it was still you. I can't let that slide. Nick picks up the hammer. Frank begs. I'm sorry, Frank. Nick hits him in the head. Then beats on Frank again and again and again. Blood spattered everywhere.

Dean and all have returned to try this spell on Jack. Rowena asks if he's ready. Jack looks at Dean, then says yes. Sam has the grace. Here you go. Jack opens the vial. It goes up his nose while Rowena says the words. The lights flicker and buzz. Jack opens his eyes and they glow. He stands. Something.... Something good? I think so. Definite improvement. Then Jack stumbles. He's coughing and falls down. 

Cas on the phone explaining to Sergei. He's worse, must worse, you have to come. Cas insists. Sergei says science is sometimes trial and error. This was an experiment. Cas says if Jack dies, I will find you. Sergei says you can try and hangs up. 

Nick in the dark. He tries to confess. Or pray? he thought he'd be free of this darkness and rage. But I lied. Truth is, I like doing these things and I don't want to stop. I'm bonded to you and what you are. it's how you first found me. I don't know who I am if I'm not you. I want that back. I want it back. I don't want to feel now what I didn't feel then. Where are you, where are you? 

Lucifer in the dark place is waking up.

Dean regrets taking Jack out. Sam says it's what he wanted. Rowena working on him. Cas says you made him happy. You did more for him than any of us. Rowena says watch over him and stay by his side as he dies. 

Next ep - Angel radio distress signal.

No comments:

Post a Comment