Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

#Elseworlds - Part 3 live blog #Supergirl #Arrowverse

SUPERGIRL, “Elseworlds, Part 3″

Supergirl, The Flash, Green Arrow, and Superman engage in the battle of their lives.

Episode 9:

John Deegan giving the intro. LOL. Now I am Superman!

Previously on Arrow and The Flash.

Superman confronts the Trigger Twins. The black suited Superman. Oliver figures out he's Deegan. Barry says you can't write yourself as a hero. Doesn't work that way. Deegan disagrees. He thinks this is his destiny. Barry says people become heroes in spite of circumstance! Oliver calls him a cheap knockoff. Deegan says you have no safe harbor here. This world is MINE. Oliver shoots a crane. Barry says you want to be Earth's hero? Save the children or stop us - your choice. Deegan stops the crane from falling.

Barry and Oliver running. Being bad makes me feel bad. I might puke. Oliver says we need to find out how extensive these changes are. 

Star Labs is Deegan's base with John and Killer Frost as acolytes. Subject 1 has been making noise in the pipeline all morning. 

Deegan goes to Kara. She knows the real man who wears that glyph. He's not you. You're not Superman. Deegan says you're so much more than faster than a speeding bullet. The Book of Destiny revealed nothing about the Kryptonians. You don't exist in this world. I don't know who you are or how you got here. But I'm you, new and improved. You'll never see the light of day again. I'm the hero this planet needs. Agent Danvers stops Kara from beating on the door. Deegan says don't get any bright ideas. Alex says the only way out is in a casket. Deegan scattered the reality of everyone on this planet. She calls him a monster. He says no, I'm Superman.

Conversation with the Monitor after Barry and Oliver get away. Oliver says if you're testing us, then let us get back to it. Monitor asks if he's eager to die? then no....willing. Ready. Good. But self-sacrifice isn't enough. To survive, you have to know your true selves or your world will be lost like the others. They return to Earth. Need to find Cisco. Presumably, he's now a bad guy, too. 

Garry is a bartender. He's a huge fan. You're my heroes. Legends. Barry says we need allies and resources. Oliver asks for Cisco Ramon. He's the boss. 

Kara tries freezing the glass. Then calls to Alex passing by. How do you know my name? Kara says where I come from, we're sisters. Alex calls her despicable. The stories of what you've done. Kara keeps appealing. Alex isn't impressed. And closes the door.

Barry and Oliver ask to talk to Cisco. Cisco says around here, people call me Mr. Ramon. Jimmy, the pet shop boys need an education in how things work around here. 

Oliver says we just have a business proposal. Ramon passes. They get tossed. Ow. Cisco stops Jimmy. Don't kill them here and now. Do em in the alley. Barry says I knew your brother Dante! He'd tell you to listen to our proposal. Oliver says how'd you like to get rid of Superman?

They ask if Cisco can vibe? Yes. He robbed banks. He wants to hear about getting rid of Superman. Barry offers to teach him how to use his powers to get to other Earths.

Frost comes to Alex to tell her to go home and Alex refuses. Why don't you want to go home? Boyfriend problems? Alex dated IT a couple dates. The work here is important. Frost says half what we do here is to prop the Big Guy's ego up. All work and no play turns a girl's heart to ice. Trust me, that's no fun. Alex still wants to stay and work. 

17 tries and they're finally on Earth 38. With Clark and Lois. Cisco messing with stuff. Heh. Where's Kara?

Alex tortures Kara again. Kara promises to not try to escape again. Then says something Alex taught her. I'm not from this Earth. My Alex spent a summer is Nagano when she was 6. She put a note in a crack in a wall hoping it would come true. Alex says I was 7, not 6. It means pinky swear. My Alex was drawn to service, so it's no surprise you're drawn to service. My Alex, she's in charge of a place like this. She's just and proud and gives people hell when she's told something wrong. She's a hero. Has the biggest heart of anyone I know even though she doesn't like to show it. She has family and friends. And she doesn't hide who she is. She wants a wife and kids. She's optimistic she can have it all. Not an if, it's a when. You're still that person. I can tell. I know it. Superman rewrote this reality and I think you're smart enough to see through him. Alex says if I let you out, you'll what, stop him? Pinky swear. 

Barry and Oliver explain the changes to Clark. Clark says changing the story comes at a cost. Cisco says the book will be at Star Labs. 

Alex and Kara run into Superman, Diggle, and Killer Frost. Kara says I tricked her. Alex argues. Then the super friends vibe into the middle of the room between them. Hi. Nice suit. Deegan not happy to see real Superman.

**Aquaman preview with new stuff.

Superman and Superman fly off. Cisco leaves. Diggle and Oliver and Frost in the elevator. Alex grabs Barry. Kara says he's good! Sorry. Alex says Deegan keeps valuable stuff in the Fortress of Solitude. I'll take you. 

Helicopter about to crash. Clark saves it. Air fight with Deegan. They crash through a window into an office. How does it feel to be the villain for once. He throws Clark. 

It's in the Time Vault. Book is unlocked. Barry says how does one rewrite reality? Kara opens the book. I don't know how Deegan did it. Barry says Clark knew how to do it. Kara flies off. 

Deegan picks up Clark. Kara blasts him with heat vision. She gives Clark the book to fix things. He opens it. Light waves. Kara is Supergirl again. 

Barry is the Flash. 

Oliver is the Green Arrow. 

Barry runs to Kara and Clark. Deegan grabs Barry. Kara tries to fight. Oliver arrives and about to shoot. Barry pleads with him. Overcome your darkness. Be better. Maybe that's the Monitor's test. Oliver lowers the bow. Deegan claps and steals the book. 

John and Frost in the pipeline. Kara and Alex discussing Deegan. Alex says I feel like this was always me. Kara says this is you. Alex says your sister is a lucky woman. There's a blast and an alarm. 

What's happening? Deegan rewriting reality again. Or destroying it. Barry wants to slow time. Kara and Barry. Clark says you both die! I saw you do it in the book. It's destiny. Kara says we have to try something. They leave. Oliver has an idea. Just get the book. We need to hope destinies can be rewritten.

Deegan with the book. People are screaming around him. 

Oliver goes looking for the Monitor. I'm not afraid of you! I'm not impressed by you! Stop with these games and show yourself! Monitor says so much passion and hubris. You think you can command a god. Your time is limited. I already told you what you had to do. Now you're here in a faint hope I can alter destiny. Oliver thinks he's testing them to see if we're good enough. I don't think anyone has confronted you like this. I'm not who you need! My true self is filled with darkness. Barry and Kara are different. They inspire hope. Inspire people. They are the best of us! If you kill our best chance at stopping this crisis, well, as gods go, you're not a very smart one. Monitor says the universe requires balance - one change requires another. How do you propose I keep the balance?

Kara and Barry running and flying. 

Police aim at Deegan. Clark arrives. Our powers amplify who you are. You don't have the mettle for this. Deegan says I didn't think big enough. I won't make that mistake again. I am the MASTER OF THIS WORLD. Lois, Brainy, and J'onn arrive. Brainy is intrigued by the new killer robot and says thank you for including me. J'onn will protect the civilians. Finish this. Lois strikes the hammer on the ground. Deegan drops the book. Then picks it up and aims it at Clark. 

Barry and Kara going until they start burning. 

Lois flies through the air. Time slows. 

Kara and Barry burning to death as they speed.

Lois slowly falling. Barry and Kara dying. Oliver readies an arrow to fire at Deegan. Book is dropped. Clark catches Lois. Kara and Barry stop dying. The energy was returned on Deegan and he looks like dead. Oliver closes the book. Oliver says Barry digs deep and runs faster. Clark says that's Kara, too. Oliver says then you know why I had faith in them. Brainy arrives with Amazo's motherboard. 

This is an annual thing. LOL. Are you smiling? Oliver says I kinda like you guys. Don't tell anyone. Kara asks Cisco to open the door. Cisco says anything for my favorite Kryptonian. 

Smallville farm on Earth 38. Barn fixed up. Clark says I hope you realize you don't need an organization to keep the world safe. You're so much stronger than me, Kara. Which is why I know what I'm doing is okay. Lois says stop beating around the bush. Be direct. They had a lot of fun on Argo. They're having a baby! And the safest place to be for Lois is on Argo. So they'll be gone 9 months. A little longer than that. Clark says I feel safe hanging up my cape because of you. Lois says women are better in a crisis. We ask questions before punching. Not that you're not terrific. Kara will miss them. 

Fortress. Clark burned food. He wants every night to be special forever with Lois. I'm so bad at this. She says Kansas, be direct. He makes a diamond and puts it in a setting. She gasps. He kneels. Lois Lane.... She kisses him. Awwwwww

Barry and Oliver drinking. Oliver says there were a few times I was running so fast, things were standing still, and things were really clear for me. I'll miss that. Barry calls it flash time. He thanks him for talking to The Monitor. Oliver says you and Kara changed it by being the heroes you always have been. You're a good man. Barry says so are you. Oliver says not as good as you think I am, but because of you, I'll get there some day. Barry wants to hug it out. Oliver says no. I mean it. We'll toast. To having what we have. However long we have it. Phone rings. Kate calling. She came from Arkham. Tell me Deegan won't be a bigger problem. 

He made a friend. Everything is as it should be. The stage is set. Worlds will live. Worlds will die. And the universe will never be the same. Crisis on Infinite Earths.

At the very end of this year’s three-night “Elseworlds” crossover event on Tuesday night, Batwoman gave Oliver Queen a call from Gotham City to express her concern about newly-admitted Arkham Asylum inmate Dr. John Deegan. Because, she noted, the man who for a hot second this week imagined himself a god “has made a friend” in Roger Hayden, who in DC Comics lore is also known as Psycho-Pirate.

“Everything is as it should be, the stage is set…,” Hayden, now donning Psycho-Pirate’s golden mask, gloated to his new neighbor. “The universe will never be the same.”

The screen then cut to a title card that said “COMING FALL 2019… CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS,” as in the name of the super-famous DC Comics storyline in which the Anti-Monitor — The Monitor’s evil counterpart, who counts Psycho-Pirate among his main accomplices — is unleashed on the multiverse and begins to destroy the various Earths that it comprises.

The advanced reveal of next year’s crossover theme isn’t a complete surprise, since Arrowverse producers during recent press rounds had hinted that they already knew the plan for next fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment