Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2019

#Legacies 1.8 - “Maybe I Should Start At The End” live blog #thevampirediaries #theoriginals

“Maybe I Should Start At The End”

LANDON’S PAST — After discovering that Landon (Aria Shahghasemi) is in trouble, Hope (Danielle Rose Russell) and Alaric (Matthew Davis) set out in search for him. Along the way, they uncover some startling information about Landon’s past. Nathan Hope directed the episode written by Brett Matthews (#108). Original airdate 1/24/2019.

Episode 8:

Hope wakes in sunlight. Fort Valley, Georgia. Craters in the earth. Ric and Landon stand up, too. Where the hell are we? What happened? Ric says I don't know, but I don't think we're in Kansas anymore. 

3 days ago. Hope knows Landon is in danger. She gets keys. Ric stops her in the hall. Where are you going with my keys without telling me? She wanted to get him something as a peace offering. He says at 3am. Why shouldn't I suspend you this second? She says if this thing is glowing, Landon is in trouble. Ric says we're going, and I'm driving. 

Landon is in Kansas looking for his mom. He had no idea what he was walking into. None of us did. He's been in a cafe every day this week. Waitress isn't complaining. Just a little worried about him. She asks his name. Landon. Writes it on the cup. That's a beautiful name. He says I'm pretty sure you gave it to me. Shows her the photo.

Ric and Hope in the car. What's the capital of Indiana? Ha. Josie and Lizzie in Europe with Caroline. She says I'm getting an A in geography. Chill. Take the next left. He moves on to science.

Dog barks at Landon. He's in a house. Offers food to the dog. He notices a jar. She says don't touch that. He says I don't know anything about you and all this stuff makes it seem like you've had a really interesting life. She's not used to having people around. He says this is weird for me, too. She says when stressed, dessert helps. She's sorry his life has been so hard. He says he was talking about dessert and put a positive spin on the rest. The dog is sick. She says relax, she'll be fine. She's reacting to the drugs. What drugs? He's collapsing. Presses the bracelet before he passes out.

Ric and Hope arrive. She says we're crystal. You call the shots. How do you want to do this? He says knock. 

Landon calling to Selah. I'm sorry. She says who sent you? He says nobody gives a crap about me. She says quit playing games. Who did you call? He says you wouldn't believe me. She says I don't believe you're my son, so spill your guts before the iron heats up.

Hear a scream. She breaks down the door. To a couple senior citizens. Ooops. Ric says I'm so sorry we ruined your lunch. I promise we'll replace your door! Hope finds it. Someone knew we were coming. 

Selah about to burn Landon. Everyone talks eventually. He begs her. I'm telling the truth. I am your son. The Salvatore School. That's who I called. Witches and vampires and gargoyles and freaking talking trees and I don't know what else. You believe that's real and not that I'm your son? She turns the lights out. They're here. Must have followed you. The story is about to take a monstrous turn. It's coming downstairs for Landon. Black and ugly and gooey. Selah beheads it. 

Hope used the bracelet to do a locator spell, but they found trouble. Gas leak at a house. Would you know who lives here? We tried knocking and no one's home. Ric lies and says we got lost and asks for directions to the highway. Cool, thanks. Let's go, Jessica. Ric says this is a cover-up. We have to find Landon before they do.

Motel. Selah says they're following you. Landon says I would've noticed. She says close your eyes. How many windows are in this room? How many cars in the parking lot? The man who gave us keys, was he right or left-handed? She knows all the answers. Tell me more about you. He says I've already told you my entire tragic life story. She asks if he has a girlfriend. He says her name is Hope. I hurt her once and I don't think she'll ever forgive me for it. I lied to her. I don't think it's the lying she'll ever understand. You two would probably hate each other. She says you're stubborn and surrounded by danger. You're my son, alright. Someone's coming in. 

Ric enters the motel room. Selah pulls a gun on him. Hope takes it away. Tell me where Landon is before I blow your head off. Selah says you must be Hope. They catch up. Hope says you're a little judgey for an absentee mother. Selah likes her. Ric says time to fill in some blanks. Selah served in the army. Recruited into intelligence. She learned things like you exist in this world. Her job was to keep the supernatural a secret. She tracked monsters down and brought them to HQ. Ric asks where? She won't tell. She saw something she shouldn't and became the hunted. Ric asks what? She wanted to know what was happening to the monsters. Even though I studied them, I couldn't remember them at all. My memory was being erased. How? Ric says Malivore. Tells her about the knife. Landon stole it and woke it up. What's Malivore? Hope tells him. The last monster that came for the knife was a necromancer that returned it to Malivore. Why are the monsters coming for you? Landon doesn't know. Selah says go home and forget this. Selah doesn't know who Landon's father is. She had flings to blow off steam. Sorry. I thought I was giving you a better life.

Hope says that wasn't the worst part.

Ric goes out to Selah and says we need answers. you lied to Landon. Bad liars look away when they lie to their kids. Good liars look them in the eye. Tell Landon the truth. She says how about I tell you instead, just to see if you believe me. I'm still not sure I believe and I lived it. the organization guards the portal to Malivore. She wrote everything down. Each entry ended there. Ric asks where? She's not telling for his own good. She snuck in one day and found a black pit locked away. An actual pit filled with tar or something. He says if Malivore consumes you you experience endless darkness. She says it's not just a story. I've been there.

Landon and Hope. Hope is sorry. He says don't be. Hope says you can't trust her. He doesn't but she's my mother. I won't give up on her because she's a little screwed up. That'd be hypocritical. He hates that she sees him when he's weak. She says you're a survivor. He says I'm a danger magnet. She agrees. He apologizes for bringing all this into her life. He wrote her letters on the bus. She asks what did they say? He says they were embarrassing. She says try me. He says dear Hope, the state of Alabama has awful houses and I can't stop thinking about what it felt like to kiss you. She kisses him.

Selah's employers tossed her in the pit. She doesn't know how long she was there. Then she was here and covered in mud. 2 years had gone by. No one I worked for remembered me. But there was a catch. I was pregnant.

**WELL THAT'S SOMETHING

Hope and Landon kissing. He thanks her for coming for him. That's never happened before. One girl asked him to the prom, and when he said no, told the whole school he couldn't pay for it. She tells him her first kiss was from a 90 year old vampire that helped murder my mother. Landon promises to never hurt her again.

Ric and Selah getting along. She says it was easier to leave Landon on the steps of a church. She's spent 18 years off the grid. I can't be his mother like he needs me to be. Ric says you can't just leave him. She says he'll be better off. You all will.

The story is about to get even fishier. 

Hope and Landon making out. Ric tells Hope to get another room. NOW. Heh. Ric says this is normal, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. We've got bigger fish to fry. We need to talk about your mother. 

Hope gets the bag from the car. Selah's trying to start a different one. It's my car, it's not stealing. Hope confronts her about leaving Landon. Selah says be good to him. I never thought I'd see him again and I was okay with that. Every so often, I wondered how he was, if he had a nice life. turns out he's a good person with a crappy life. He deserved better. Hope says all he'll remember is you abandoned him when he needed you most. Selah says no, he won't remember me and neither will you. She drugs Hope and leaves.

Ric told Landon. Parenting is complicated. He says I have to check on Hope. Monsters in the bathroom! Hope spells it back into there. A pissed off merman? ric says we have to get Landon out of here. Landon took the Jackal jar. I don't know how it got in there just like the knife! Hope says let the monster have it then we follow it. Selah's going there! I'll explain in the car, let's go. It breaks out of the bathroom. Ric yells Oh my God and runs after the kids. LOL

**VERY entertaining episode so far. 

Welcome to Fort Valley. Merman is pretty fast. They come upon some gates. Triad Industries. It already broke in. Merman takes the jar to a spot. Bomb pops up and explodes. Tosses them back. Hope doesn't know what happened after that but she can guess.

Guards notice a break-in. Selah went to Triad and to Malivore. She had a reason to fight and in the end, Hope guesses she won. Selah is shot by a man. She fights with him and stabs him. Uses his card to get into the pit. Climbs on the railing. And jumps. She sacrificed herself for Landon and then she was erased.

Hope and Landon and Ric wake in daylight. Where the hell are we? What happened? I don't know, but I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.

Driving home. Landon thanks them for coming to help. Ric can't remember. Hope, any theories? Work in progress. Ric is taking them home. Landon asks why the change of heart? Ric says call it a gut feeling. reach the school after dark. 

Landon gets a room. Hope knocks. Hi. Is raf here, I can come back. Landon says he's off working out with the werewolves. Landon lost his photo. What do you think she's like? Hope says I think she's an international assassin that specializes in killing monsters and loves you in her own way. He says no one that cool gave birth to me. She asks do you want to be my boyfriend? He asks what brought this on? She says I'm really happy you're back. They're sweet and kiss.

Hope told Ric the whole story. Why do you remember? She doesn't know. It's probably not good. I can lie to Landon but I can't lie to you. I really need your help. There's one more thing. She brought the jar! The urn he doesn't remember. She figured it's better to have it here than leave it lying around. What happens now? It glows. I think we're about to find out.

Unscheduled absorption. The photo was floating on the surface. Man throws the tech into the pit. He's the guy that said they were the gas company. 

Next ep - Monster can only interact with us through our nightmares. It goes for Landon.

No comments:

Post a Comment