Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

#Arrow 8.6 - "Reset" live blog #arrowfinalseason #arrowverse #QuentinLance #CrisisOnInfiniteEarths

"Reset"

YOU CAN’T FIGHT YOUR FATE – After being double-crossed by Lyla (guest star Audrey Marie Anderson), Oliver (Stephen Amell) finds himself facing a life or death situation that seems very familiar. Laurel (Katie Cassidy) has the opportunity to make amends with the past. David Ramsey directed the episode written by Onalee Hunter Hughes & Maya Houston (#806). Original airdate 11/26/2019.








Image credit: The CW

Episode 6:

Oliver wakes on a sofa. In a suit. Headache. Mia and Connor and William come in. How did we get here? I was on a roof with John and Laurel and we were tranqed. Connor says Dad said that was a big misunderstanding. Oliver needs to talk to John. Connor says he's waiting for you at the fancy fundraiser.

Star City Council. John says the party started an hour ago. Lyla feels awful about that. 2 days ago. Oliver says getting tranqed is the last thing I remember. You're wife is working with the Monitor, John! Lyla says she's a double agent. Rene says the mayor is looking for you. You can't give a speech in a stained shirt. Oliver asks when did Palmer Tech get rebuilt? Quentin comes over! You look like you've seen a ghost. Quentin made a few changes to the speech. Oliver says this isn't possible..... It's been a while since I've seen you. Lance wants to add a line about it being a bad idea to unmask. Or went to Slabside. Oliver says Diaz shot you. Quentin says I almost died. Oliver remembers it differently. Lance says the doctors called it a miracle. Rene shows them there's a hostage situation at SCPD. They're demanding to see the mayor. Quentin tells Oliver we need the green guy.

Dinah is still captain. Mercs took my guys hostage. The only demand is to speak to the mayor. Quentin insists he can hold his own. Oliver agrees. Lance wants a vest. You sneak around back and do your thing. Dinah wants him on comms the whole time. Sure.

Quentin walks into the precinct.

Oliver takes out the guards in back.

Quentin asks what the demands are. Green Arrow disarms the man. The man says this isn't over until you stop it, Oliver. That's the only way out. He blows himself up.

Oliver wakes on the sofa again in the apartment. 6:27. Kids come in with Big Belly Burger again.

Dad, what are you still doing here? You're really late. Oliver asks did something happen at SCPD headquarters? Like what?

He arrives at the fundraiser again. Speaks with John. I've been here before. So have you. The Monitor dropped me into a time loop. Lance is alive. I think I know the way out of this but I need to stop a bomb at SCPD. Lyla comes over. Then Rene. Oliver goes to Quentin. We need to talk. In to a private room. We've had this exact conversation already. Quentin, I'm trapped in a time loop. Like Groundhog Day. Except this one ends with a lot of people dead, including us. Quentin asks how do I help? He's learned his lesson about doubting Oliver. Oliver tells him about the hostage situation at SCPD. There's an explosive device under the building. Rene opens the door. There's something you need to see.

Meet up with Dinah again. Oliver tells Dinah there's a bomb underneath the building. Quentin tells the mercs he's coming in.

Oliver pulls the arrow on Laurel. We're both here for the same thing. How did you know about the bomb? She says there's a crazy space god that has me trapped in a time loop. Me, too. So now they know The Monitor is punishing them. Find each other faster next time.

Oliver wakes in the apartment. He leaves. Heads to the party. Finds Quentin . Laurel shows up. You okay, honey? She hugs him. I'm really happy to see you. He's happy she left the black lipstick home tonight. They go to SCPD.

Suited up. Quentin on walky talky while Dinah and Laurel are with the bomb. Oliver takes down the mercs. Bomb disabled by canary cry. But they're still here. Must have missed something. Then a sniper kills Quentin.

Oliver wakes in the apartment.

**Groundhog Day episodes are always fun TV no matter what show. Legends of Tomorrow did one with Zuri and the Waverider blowing up.

Oliver at the party. Says saving Quentin must be the key. Laurel wonders why plant the bomb. Oliver says someone had to hire the mercenaries. She asks where to start. He tells her to take Quentin to the bunker. Lyla says hello to Laurel. Laurel tells Lyla she's going to tell what kind of traitor you really are. The next time you decide to double-cross someone, don't pick a woman who specializes in revenge. And by the way, I pull off the short hair way better than you do.

John is down with the bomb when Oliver is there. How do we break out? Oliver says I have to save Quentin's life. John says you'll figure it out. You always figure it out. You never give up. You always keep at it. Why should this be any different? Oliver asks to get into ARGUS.

The bunker. Laurel was thinking of the Tom Cruise movie over Groundhog Day. LOL. She tells him he's not mayor anymore. He asks if there's something else? I know when you're hiding something from me. When Diaz shot you, you didn't exactly..... I didn't recover. No. You died, to save me. Quentin says best way I could've gone. Always felt like I cheated death with that one. Her phone buzzes. Oliver. He has the location of the mercs' hideout.

They break in. Oliver says we traced the bomb to this building. She says your mouth but Felicity's words. Heh. There's another bomb! They run. It blows. Woman walks in. Lyla! What are you doing? She says helping you. You're missing the point, Oliver. You can't fight this. She shoots Quentin.

**Hmmm, interesting. If you can't fight Quentin's death but he's the reset point, then.......what? What are Oliver and Laurel supposed to do in this time loop? If they can't fight, are they just supposed to sit where they wake up and let it happen without them? The Monitor is mean enough to push the inevitable. Tow the line. You have no hope of doing anything but his way he wants it.

Oliver wakes on the sofa. Then is at the party. Lyla got called away. Laurel says maybe The Monitor deleted her for going rogue. Oliver asks if there's anything that stood out. Lyla said anything I'm feeling toward her is on me. Oliver says Lyla told me she's trying to help me. Laurel says we're not supposed to win. Oliver says when I met the Monitor, it was a test. This is a test. Are you with me? She says fine. What's are play? He says we go to the merc's hideout. Grab Quentin, I'll meet you there.

Oliver stops the bomb there. Laurel's tired of being blown up. Oliver on the laptop. Anderson White. Money laundering, racketeering. CEO of Global Solutions. They have a warehouse by the docks.

They go. Quentin is shot. She gets him in the stairwell. Oliver goes to take out the rest. Quentin tells her it's too late. Time to say goodbye. She's not giving up on him. You never gave up on me. You were the reason I'm trying to be better. He says you are a hero. You are. She thanks him. I never got the chance to tell you how much you mean to me. He says I love you. Gasping his last breaths. She weeps. He's gone. Oliver returns. Alright, we fix it next time. She can't do this again. She's done. All I wanted was to say goodbye to Quentin. Now I have.

Oliver wakes on the sofa. Goes to the bunker looking for Laurel. Lyla says she's not here. She's gone. Laurel got what she needed from this. He wants out right now! She says no good comes from struggle. Accept the inevitable. Learn that and this will end.

**So I was right. The inevitable. Laurel got closure, but what does Oliver need here, besides compliance? Or is that all? Reaching the final stage of grief about his coming role in Crisis.

Oliver and Quentin find Anderson White. He's a middle man. They leave the office. Lance is shot. They fight their way through. Trying to get out. Green Arrow taking down more and more mercs. Quentin is slowing. How many arrows you  got left? Not enough. Oliver says there has to be a way to fix it. We're going to find it! However many times it takes! Quentin says being hunted like this, it's like what I did to you years ago. Oliver tells him to save his strength. Quentin says there is NO saving me from this! You're not supposed to. Oliver's not giving up. You're not giving up, either. Lance says I'm giving in. I've been outrunning death for a while now. I made peace with death after Diaz shot me. Maybe it's time you did, too. Looks like fate's knocking. Oliver says get ready to move. Quentin takes his vest off. I'll see you on the other side, Oliver. He walks into death.

**Damn, I miss Paul Blackthorne on this show. Hasn't been the same without Quentin Lance enough though they ran out of stuff for him to do at the time he died. He's a big part of the heart of this show and always was. Shame Paul's new show didn't make it. Hope he doesn't have long before he's got new work. He's too good to sit out.

Oliver wakes again. 6:27. He turns the TV off. That apartment was always too dark and depressing. Remember the beauty of Queen mansion? The kids arrive. Oliver says I wanted to let you know what a gift getting to know all of you has been. Connor says he's talking about Crisis. Oliver says I'm really proud of all you guys. I gotta go. Mia says Dad....you're going to be fine. Oliver says so will you. All of you. Whatever happens.

The party. Oliver goes straight to Quentin. You look like you've seen a ghost. Oliver asks to speak with him for a second. Quentin mentions the speech. Oliver has a question. Remember when you were trying to arrest me? What made you decide I wasn't your enemy anymore? What changed your mind. Lance says my daughters, for one. They got me to listen to what I knew in my gut - that we were fighting for the same goal. Sorry it took me a while to get there. Oliver says I've been hanging onto something. I need to make peace with it. Lance says sounds like a smart someone. Oliver says I shouldn't have to say goodbye to you again. Lance doesn't understand. Oliver shakes his hand. Rene comes and gets Quentin.

Oliver in an empty version of the building now. Lyla congratulates him. Now you understand. He says I couldn't change Quentin's fate. I can't change mine, either, can I? She says no. You've always been a man who needs to see things for himself. Telling you wouldn't be enough. She's been working for The Monitor a while. Lying to John has been the hardest part. Oliver wants help. I don't even know what it IS. She says there's an evil coming greater than anything we've had to face. You're the only chance we have. Oliver says this has all been a test? He's sent me on useless missions. She says no, they all have a purpose. Just not one you were expecting. He asks why did he involve my children? Time is a gift. Now you complete your final mission. I'll see you there.

Oliver and Laurel wake in an army tent. She has a killer headache. He says we got out. We learned our lessons. Saying goodbye was a reward for not betraying Oliver. She asks what he had to do. Oliver says deep down, I thought I could fight my fate. Now I know I can't. Lyla says we have one final mission. What is it? Where is it? They exit the tent. The kids are here. John, too. They're on Lian Yu.

**Next ep - Battle on Lian Yu. Oliver will save the multiverse.

No comments:

Post a Comment