Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2021

#Legacies 3.13 - "One Day You Will Understand" live blog #vampires #witches #werewolves

"One Day You Will Understand"

SACRIFICES - Faced with a difficult decision regarding one of his students, Alaric (Matthew Davis) enlists Kaleb (Chris Lee) and Josie's (Kaylee Bryant) help to get their perspective. Meanwhile, Cleo (guest star Omono Okojie) opens up about her past. Danielle Rose Russell, Aria Shahghasemi and Ben Levin also star. Bola Ogun directed the episode written by Cynthia Adarkwa (313). Original airdate 5/20/2021.



Image credit: The CW
 

Episode 13:

Rick on the phone with Dorian. No, it's not serious. just need the artifact back for a little bit. Kaleb says you're going to put Cleo back in there, aren't you? Ric thinks putting her back would keep people safe. And Kaleb's on board. Cleo needs to go. But he does need an explanation from Cleo before then.

Hope checks out Landon's machete. She didn't hear him come in. And not half bad at haircuts. He's jumpy about people touching his weapons. She'll let him get dressed. Want to grab breakfast? He asks if there's something she wants to ask. She says it can wait. Meet you in the dining hall.

Josie and Finch. Finch is a little overwhelmed. Josie says isn't it great? I'm really glad you decided to come. Finch isn't sure it's the right fit. I'm a loner from Mystic Falls High who hates group activities. But she'll try to keep an open mind.

Hope finds Landon at the lake. He hasn't been around people in a while. It's a lot right now. She used a locator spell to find him. Needed to make sure. She keeps telling herself it's actually him, but.... We've both been through so much and I'm trying to be patient, but I have a lot of questions. I don't want to overwhelm you, but help a girl out. I'm at a loss here. He says he's processing. Can't put it in words, yet. Could use something to take my mind off it all.

Kaleb comes to Cleo. Hope and Landon are going to pick up the Artifact. She says so be it. He pushes her to be real. She says she's not evil. I can prove it. She'll share her story. Do not worry. I'll make sure you can understand the language. Holding his hands to put her in her memories. A tribe in Africa. Niger River, Nigeria. 1464AD. Cleo is a little girl. Kaleb runs after her. Where the hell am I?

Grandma, where are the warriors going? Grandma tells her a story. A monster lived in the woods. It wanted something in a magical village. The warriors gathered to protect their home. A muse inspired the warriors to battle with their words instead of their weapons. They'll give the monster what they want without a fight.

Hope and Landon reach Mystic Falls. He can't go inside. PTSD. Hope goes in. And a bully confronts Landon.

Grandma is packing to go. She tells Cleo you are a muse. Some day you will become powerful and the warriors will need you. Grandma has to use her power to protect their home. Big sacrifice to keep people you love safe. One day you'll understand. I love you, my granddaughter. She leaves the hut, locking Cleo in. Cleo weeps. Kaleb sits next to her. You're a total badass in the future. It's going to be okay. Cleo magics the door open and runs out. He follows. Malivore! This bitch is everywhere! Grandma tells Cleo to go home. Cleo says you need to protect the village and I need to protect you. She tells Malivore to take her, instead. He takes her hand.

Cleo asks Kaleb if he understands the sacrifices to keep people safe.

Hope has the artifact. Landon's beating on the bully. What's wrong with you? Landon rushes away.

Kaleb goes to Ric. You can't go through with this! She showed me her story. Malivore was there when she was a kid. She's not a villain. We got it all wrong. She sacrificed herself to save her grandma and the entire village. Ric says she's controlling the narrative. Kaleb says it's real. Ric needs more information. They argue over their judgment. Ric admits they need more info than when he's locked kids in prison worlds before, so they need an impartial person.

Josie takes Finch to the wolves. Jed's a dork. Ric comes in, needing Josie's help. Dad, you're embarrassing me. Josie tells Finch you're in good-ish hands.

Hope catches up to Landon. Are you okay?! He says ask the question you've been avoiding. He was trapped in Malivore for what felt like years. Stuck in a prison world with no one to help me. It was about surviving. I learned to fight and kill. Every day, I learned to do it all over again. I saw black tendrils. You and Lizzie and Josie created it. That's how I got back. She says that was weeks ago. You've been back this whole time?

Josie visits Cleo. Kaleb told me what happened. I had a run-in with black magic. Did terrible things to the people I love. Malivore took you as a child? What did he want? For me to create. It's how I learned to make friends. Cleo puts Josie in another memory. She sculpts a frog and brings it to life. Malivore walks in. She says look what I made from your mud. Malivore takes the frog and eats it. Malivore believed she'd be his salvation. How? Cleo spent many years alone. She made friends and Malivore consumed each one. Until inspiration smiled upon her. I would create a vessel for Malivore. Josie's still in to see more.

Malivore given voice with the new form. He has 4 arms. He's free from the spell. She wants her freedom in return. But he'll never let her free. He'll rid the world of the creatures and make a superior race. But SHE controls his new form. He calls it a fatal mistake. He insists he'll break free and find her one day. This I swear!

So you made it back to this world and thought it'd be cool to play cosplay in the woods. He only fought the wolf that attacked him. Then ran away. He's looked after her since. He took the hair to figure out what fake Landon was. She asks why he let her be with that thing so long. Because she looked happy and he was a mess. You did that with me and Josie. There's a monster! Landon draws his sword.

Josie tells Ric what she learned. I chose to do black magic. Cleo was forced to. Ric says that's in the past. Josie says if Cleo was your daughter, would you be doing this to her? You and Mom built this school to help supernaturals, not condemn them to a life of loneliness.

Hope tries magic and it doesn't work on this thing. Hope wants Landon to take the artifact and go. Landon says no. Monsters are like bullies. You have to fight.

Ric asks Cleo why she made a golem of Landon and why she tried to kill Hope. She says you already know the answer. You already have the solution to killing Malivore. Hope Mikaelson must die.

Hope fights the monster with an ax. Landon comes back in with the sword. But it seems to be made of stone. They try again. Landon cuts into its head and THAT works. We make a pretty good team. But the Artifact is shattered now.

Cleo says deep down you know I'm right. It's the only option. Ric needs to see it. Please. If you will. Please. Join hands. Cleo was sealed in the artifact for centuries. It could only be opened by Hope. She followed to the school. She helped the school. Created the leprechaun. She made the ferry man, too. But Landon golem was made so Hope wouldn't let Malivore escape. But Malivore sent monsters. She switched tactics. Tried to keep them all safe. But when that was impossible, I had to make a terrible choice. Hope becoming a true Tribrid makes her the killer of Malivore. Ric says Hope has lost too much. I won't see her lose her humanity, too. She might want a family one day and he won't take that away. Cleo met DaVinci and he was her first and only love. Many of his sketches were for her. She believes her grandmother still watches over her. She put her power and self away in the artifact hoping Malivore would one day be gone and she could return to the world. Now you know my whole story. Ric is sorry for what she's suffered. But he needs to know she won't kill Hope. Cleo won't repeat history. She says that sacrifice is Hope's to make. So, what is my fate? Ric opens the doors. Douses the candle. Your fate is for you to decide. This school was created for students like you. You will always have a place here - if you choose to stay.

Josie returns to the gym and Finch is wrestling with Jed. It's okay, Jo. I've got this. Jed says same time tomorrow? You bet your ass! Which I will kill again. Finch made friends. Pack is pretty cool. Josie realized she's a spoiled princess living in a castle my daddy built for me. You don't have to go here if you don't want to. Finch does, on one condition. Call me girlfriend. Really? Yes! She kisses Finch.

Hope finds Landon. Bandaging his arm. Thanks. She says I've been rushing things. But I'm scared. Cleo told me I'll have to become a tribrid to defeat Malivore and I don't like being told what to do. So take the time you need. You're still the person I love. Landon says that's the problem. I went through hell in that prison world only to find you happy with a perfect version of me. We're doomed. She doesn't believe that. He won't let her. I'm the son of Malivore, you are the loophole that defeats him. We exist to destroy each other. I want it to be different with all my heart, but we should stay far away from each other. I don't belong at this school without you. Goodbye, Hope. He takes his stuff and leaves.

Ric tells Kaleb he was right. Cleo is welcome to stay at the school. But she chose to leave. A fresh start. Kaleb wanted to know if her being into him was real. We have to go find her. Ric says we need to respect her wishes. I'm sorry they didn't work out the way you wanted.

Bus stop. She's dressed like she arrived. Landon asks if this seat is taken. She slides over. Heard you're not the bad guy. She's not, but she's leaving. Find another way to kill Malivore. Need a hand?

Next ep - Lizzie might be in trouble. June 10. This feels culty. Josie and Hope go to get her and Hope gets affected?


No comments:

Post a Comment